It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your life Art

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

dream state - getting darker

edit to tell you who it is :-)

Remedios Varo
Woman Leaving the Psychoanalyst

[edit on 2/3/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Wow, that is a pretty strange picture

The name suits it

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Spira.. just WOW !!!- I absolutely LOVE all the art pieces you chose .

Please, don't stop!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

:-)

well darcon - I don't know how much any of this has to do with your original idea for this thread

and I really do like that idea

but, maybe when people show you their favorite works - it explains things better than words can

but - since you said there was no limit - more of my favorite things...

DeChirico - my first surrealist love

[edit on 2/4/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

well darcon - I don't know how much any of this has to do with your original idea for this thread

Well, why is it, that you believe those two are one of your favourite?

There must be a reason.

maybe when people show you their favourite works - it explains things better than words can

Perhaps it explains about them personally also, just a thought

I like the second one better, the way the people are so small compared to the structure, magnificent.

Thanks for posting

[edit on 4-2-2009 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Too me, this represents, how sometimes life can feel, some parts can be slow, and others can fly by. How some things are clear, and some are more bury. How sometimes we have to take life by the horns, and enjoy it.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Well, why is it, that you believe those two are one of your favourite?

feels like the real world to me - recognized it the minute I saw it

I like the second one better, the way the people are so small compared to the structure, magnificent.

it is nice - isn't it?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

feels like the real world to me - recognized it the minute I saw i

So you are describing, your interpretation of this piece of art.

When one puts meaning to a piece of art, which could have many meanings, it becomes personal in my opinion. Reasoning behind ones own interpretation of an art form could be a gazillion(if thats word
) things, ranging from ones emotions to past experiences, from family to friends, dreams to visions, and many other things one has experienced in his or hers lifetime.

Therefor it has everything to do with the thread.

Not off topic at all

it is nice - isn't it?

I am still figuring out, what that piece means to me, i believe i have to stare at it a bit longer

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I love this one by Gonsalves

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Awesome Picture

Very interesting with the globe, flashlight, and moon. very cool

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I was watching Commercials on Youtube, and this one caught my eye. It was an xbox Commercial, but it wasn't their xbox that caught my eye, it was the commercial itself, take a look.

This Commercial to me, represents Imagination

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My nephew, Eric, who's now 18, was started on Ritalin when he was 12, and then later upgraded to Adderall, among other things too. Recently he stayed with my wife and I for a few days. Of course he had to bring along his brand new pit-bull puppy, Riley, who was not entirely house trained ...

I learned a lot during the 5 days he stayed with us, like for instance pit bulls have webbed feet. Did not know this ...

Another thing I learned was that one must sit with Eric after he has his evening meds, two syraquil ( evidently to take the edge off all the Adderall he takes during the day ), so that he can sleep. After taking the syraquil he tends to just pass out wherever he happens to be sitting when the meds kick in. The first night we did not know this and when the syraquil hit him ( evidently it comes on pretty strong and suddenly ) he happened to be in the process of eating a candy bar.

The next morning we found he had spent the night sleeping on most of the remains of the chocolate candy bar ( I think it was Hershey's or maybe Godiva ) which completely melted into our beautiful Hudson Bay 6-point blanket, which prior to this tragedy had been in pristine and barely used condition. Probably worth upwards of US$ 500 by now. Not any more though ...

Anyway, one evening, probably after smoking something or other ( I can't be sure since he was outside 'walking his dog' for 10 minutes beforehand ) he sat down and drew the following picture ...

His mom has a another picture he made in school using colors when he was maybe 7 or 8, now framed and on the wall in their home. I consider it a masterpiece. I think I should scan it the next chance I get and post it here in this thread.

While I'm at it, I figure why not show you this too. A photo of my sister's kids taken a a few years before her divorce. Eric's the little guy on the right.

Anyway, 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' as they say.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Hey there Villain,

Wow, thanks for sharing with us your story, that is an amazing picture he drew, do you mind if i save it?

Sorry about your blanket

Cute kid nonetheless

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

My life is but a 'Snowflake', like the gorilla shown in the photo.

(Do photographs count as 'art'?)

[edit on 2009-2-05 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Hey there,

Nice photo

Yes photos are considered an art form.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

... do you mind if i save it?

Be my guest, darcon. I am sure Eric would be happy to know you like it.

Personally, I find it a little 'too intense' for my taste !

And, yes, he was a cute kid, indeed. But, now, at 18 and 6-foot-6, loaded to the gills will adolescent hormones, rage, rebellion, and of course let's not forget the pharmaceuticals, both prescribed and otherwise, I don't think the adjective cute is really applicable any longer ...

Don't get me wrong, he's likable, and especially so by the girls !

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Thanks, i actually get a opposite feeling from the picture, like a serene feeling.

I am sorry to hear about him, it is sad that he has turned into a raged individual. I am almost 99% sure the drugs have caused him much grief as well.

I hope he lightens up.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I love this thread! I'm sorry I didn't find it earlier!

Spiramirabilis, more evidence of like-mindedness. I am stunned that someone else would react to DeChirico the same way I do. He has always felt very true to me

And in fact, all the works you've posted are particular favorites of mine.

I'm going to go dredge up some Paul Klee to add to the thread – another artist who speaks to me strongly. And maybe some Georgia O'Keefe – not so much the flowers or the bones, but the southwest landscapes and buildings

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I am glad you like the thread, hasn't had much heat as of late, thought it was actually dead.

Great, would love for you too post more art, keep em coming.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'll start with Stieglitz's photographs of Georgia O'Keeffe. I had a hard time deciding on one – he took hundreds throughout their relationship and some of my favorites are not T&C compliant. But here's one. As a collection, they're an incredible documentation of the growth of a woman and the complexity of a relationship:

Now some O'Keeffe paintings:

One of my favorites, Ladder To the Moon. I'm always drawn to images with ladders and/or staircases, especially when they seem to lead nowhere

Georgia O'Keeffe in New York City: Radiator Building - Night

And one of her beautiful studies of the adobe churches of New Mexico:

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join