posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:55 AM
My nephew, Eric, who's now 18, was started on Ritalin when he was 12, and then later upgraded to Adderall, among other things too. Recently he stayed
with my wife and I for a few days. Of course he had to bring along his brand new pit-bull puppy, Riley, who was not entirely
I learned a lot during the 5 days he stayed with us, like for instance pit bulls have webbed feet. Did not know this ...
Another thing I learned was that one must sit with Eric after he has his evening meds, two syraquil ( evidently to take the edge off all the Adderall
he takes during the day ), so that he can sleep. After taking the syraquil he tends to just pass out wherever he happens to be sitting when the meds
. The first night we did not know this and when the syraquil hit him ( evidently it comes on pretty strong and suddenly ) he happened to
be in the process of eating a candy bar.
The next morning we found he had spent the night sleeping on most of the remains of the chocolate candy bar ( I think it was Hershey's or maybe
Godiva ) which completely melted into our beautiful Hudson Bay 6-point blanket, which prior to this tragedy had been in pristine and barely used
condition. Probably worth upwards of US$ 500 by now. Not any more though ...
Anyway, one evening, probably after smoking something or other ( I can't be sure since he was outside 'walking his dog' for 10 minutes beforehand )
he sat down and drew the following picture ...
His mom has a another picture he made in school using colors when he was maybe 7 or 8, now framed and on the wall in their home. I consider it a
masterpiece. I think I should scan it the next chance I get and post it here in this thread.
While I'm at it, I figure why not show you this too. A photo of my sister's kids taken a a few years before her divorce. Eric's the little guy on
Anyway, 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,'
as they say.