It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your life Art

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
reply to post by Valhall

At one of the lowest points in my life I was in a doctor's office and this painting hung on the wall and something about it called to me.

The first painting, i can relate to.

Feel like reaching out to the heavens, shouting gods name, yet no one answers, but the answer was there all along.

I feel it expresses my desires because I so want to be an uplifting force to the humanity that surrounds me, fills my life, and makes such a difference in every experience I have. I pray every day that I am upholding and uplifting the humanity I interact with.

Another magnificent piece. Sometimes all you need is a small piece of art to pick up ones spirit.

That is why art(in all of it's glorious forms) is very important.

Thank you for sharing.

In approximately 1997-98 I learned that John Pitre had published a coffee table book containing many of his works. I ordered the book and in my email to order I told my story about how, back in 1982, Restrictions had touched me and helped me realize that I had to free myself from old ideologies and dogmas and behaviors that were destroying my spirit. When I received my book, John Pitre had autographed the page with Restrictions on it, and had written a personal message to me on the inside of the cover. This book is one of my most prized possessions.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Some amazing street art too....

julian beever is my fav, but here is a selection from a few different artists...

Enjoy!!

[edit on 23/1/09 by blupblup]

[edit on 23/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Better throw some banksy in while we're at it huh??

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yes, those are all very great.

I love it when they just use the sidwalk for one of their pieces.

Thanks for the pics

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

When I received my book, John Pitre had autographed the page with Restrictions on it, and had written a personal message to me on the inside of the cover. This book is one of my most prized possessions

Wow, that is very cool he actually sending you a message.

I bet you were elated.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Where it all began......

Havana Beach...

I have been very fortunate to experience much beauty and happiness when i was little.

As i got older.... Well, darn it, i guess this speaks for itself. My imageshack isnt working.

I had much more to download to tell the story, but i like the ocean, and i was born near it, and now i also live by it. Its in my blood, and i hope to have my ashes scattered [not too soon
] in it.

In between, a series of very happy events, and not so happy.

Children, grandchildren, and many happy times.

I guess my perfect ART would be a series of masks, some laughing, some crying.

Not a bad life and many things to be grateful for...and thank you for the thread, because i have had a bad week, but i am realizing just how lucky i really have been most of my life.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Care to Explain?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Of course, but i had trouble with the pictures.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Not a bad life and many things to be grateful for...and thank you for the thread, because i have had a bad week, but i am realizing just how lucky i really have been most of my life

No problem.

It is very beautiful, wish i could go there.

Yes, sometimes we just need to be tthankful for what we have, there is not enough of that in this world.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Google Husaria for those interested.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Phlegmi]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
mine can be found at my site: PhyberDragon

Paraphrase a pair of phrases & you'll say all that you've never meant to say at all, just as you've meant to say it all- had you never said a thing at all.
Could you tolerate confusion? Or would you cross the fine line between clarity & insanity? Common sense never really was a reliable guide through the Universe. Unlock & open your doors of perception. There are people knocking. Pierce the veil of the senses. Carpi Diem...Sieze the day & choose it- it has already chosen you.
Everything is connected. There are no casual connections. What need has the squirrel for anything? He has but to look & nuts are there. Isn't even the least of creatures provided for?
Call it what you will. To name is to know. To know is to control. Destiny. Fate. Fortune. Napolean's fortune was a woman. She favored the bold & in unguarded moments, I have loved her.
A meltdown... to lose all that you have ever cared for. What if you had lost your best friend? Could you find it in yourself to believe they were no longer there? Would you wish that you could see them, even if just for one more time?
Would you swear to GOD to avenge their death? Is death but an illusion of life? What can be annihalated must be annihalated? Only destruction of the negative can redeem the contrary? Does the cut worm curse the plow? Does a busy bee have time to worry? Kill my enemy & I would thank you for doing my job as a dead body revenges no injuries, but would you have slain the wrong Dragon?
O! The desire for revenge. The desire to control. Can you control that desire? Or, is it better left unleashed? You have desired me. You have created me. You have made me that which I have become. A very, very bad little boy.
I have inherited something unique & powerful. Deep down within you know it. I am a part of a force, a wave, a line... a bloodline flowing back through time & forward into the future. I see the vast & eternal whole which you may only view in panoramic slices of the now. Almost always serious, I am a hallucination. I am not the first hallucination, though, the first I began. I am mystery & intrigue, wrapped in a riddle & cloaked in a conundrum. I AM that I AM. The one, the only

PhyberDragon

[edit on 24-1-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't know how to get the picture to post here. I'd like to use it in my banner, though, I've no idea how that works either. it used to be animated with internal flames, I just haven't taken the time to go back in and rewrite it so that it is animated again.

Oh, and I hope the pic is what you were after as well as the writing. I designed the pic and composed the writing after my daughter was taken by the State, it reflects how I really feel by intertwining the past, present, and future, through the mask of my true self. At times PhyberDragon has been registered under various names from various places and even under the other sex. It is never anywhere or anyone for too long, and will no doubt morph from here as well. I am a gypsy, yet, I am constant. I am nowhere and everywhere at once. I've even been a ghost existing in pocket spaces of the web, and at other times, I've been under the influence of other networks to disguise my true self. I know privacy is an illusion, so I make openness the lie.

Here's a copy of my published work at: www.authspot.com...

I'll pull it if it violates my contract, otherwise, here it is:

© 2007 Copyright Stanza Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Legion (Mark 5:9)

by Nikolai Machiavelli de Rajah AzinPrinz PhyberDragon, Jan 11, 2009

This is something I wrote during the height of an anti-socio-psychotic delusion. I composed it after reviewing a top 10 list of modern brutal dictators and likening them to the demon cast out by Jesus.

The Lizard King shall lead the Five,
From out of the southern gaol shall cut his swath,
True haste shall find a way- in Him the darkness stands revealed,
His eyes as void as a dead man's gaze,
As cold as the light from a dying star,
For We Are Many.
For in the western desert He finds a form,
He is the child with the Mouth of Blood,
The bleakness before the Beginning of Time,
He is the glint of eye in a murderers' eye,
The savage heart of every crime,
For We Are Many.
And lo, if War should have a face,
This One of Five would show that bleeding mask,
Ears pricked to savour every scream,
Teeth bared to strip the carcass wet,
And tongue to lap that vessel dry,
For We Are Many.
From the east the idiot monster cometh,
With nails to announce its' blasphemous intent,
In still dark chambers it awaits the Shadow,
Ebon body, scars the power-
Dark Messiah with a hideous strength,
For We Are Many.
The Watchers at the Gate of Souls shall make the Way,
The Five are red in tooth and claw:
The head, the heart, the hands, the teeth, the eyes-
All combine to create the Five,
For We Are Many.
The knife shall carve its' bloody ritual,
A sanguinary return to a darker place,
Flesh running cold with the running of tears:
To shred, to cut, to slice, to know-
The weeping wound and its' glooming soul,
For We Are Many.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

Vey interested piece, reminds me of History in general

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

This is one of my favorite album covers.

[img]

Designed by Hugh syme for the Rush album 'A farewell to kings'.

A good example of the world today.

Lewtra

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

Your post is very interesting to say the least, one has to read between the lines to understand it, very creative.

The just i got from it, was that one should always keep an open mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

Sorry, I don't know how to get the picture to post here.

Is this it?

Oh, and I hope the pic is what you were after as well as the writing. I designed the pic and composed the writing after my daughter was taken by the State

What do you mean your Daughter was taken by the State?

The writing and picture doesn't have to be validated by me, it has to be validated by You. As this reflects on your emotions, and your life.

but i do love the writing, and to me the dragon represents Burning Desire and Will.

This is something I wrote during the height of an anti-socio-psychotic delusion.

It's a very dark poem representing something very dark, but For We Are Many.

Thanks for posting

[edit on 24-1-2009 by darcon]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

Definitley a perfect exmple of the world today, sadly.

Thanls for posting.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
My life right now...

Honestly - I downloaded this picture when I first saw it as an avatar sometime ago.
It is so mighty in a peaceful, intelligent way. Amazing.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I hope this isn't against the rules, but I draw comics, which can be found at www.gingercomics.com

It is auto-biographical, and I know I'm not the best artist, but I enjoy doing them, they are cathartic.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Yes, it is a very magnifiscent piece.

So you would pick that one to represent your life, or your emotions?

[edit on 24-1-2009 by darcon]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join