It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel destroys Hamas homes, flattens Gaza mosque

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Let’s see here.

The Palestinians voted into their government a group of people who have repeatedly stated, publicly, that they…

1…Will NEVER recognize Israel’s right to exist.
2…Will NEVER renounce violence as a means to their goal, which is the obliteration of Israel.

And now they’re crying because Israel is bombing this snot out of them, after Israel gave them at least a weeks warning that they will attack them if they do not stop launching Rockets and Mortar rounds into their country?

I have to say, I have no pity for the above mentioned Palestinians.

They choose war by choosing Hamas to represent them as a government.

You choose war.

You get war.

EVERY SINGLE time Israel and Palestinians have come close to reaching a peace agreement, some Palestinian group has gone out of their way to stop it by committing excessive acts of violence.

If they wanted peace, they could just as easily choose peace.

Dude, Palestinians have NO INTREST what-so-ever in living a peaceful existence.

You make your bed…You lay in it.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hlesterjerome

EVERY SINGLE time Israel and Palestinians have come close to reaching a peace agreement, some Palestinian group has gone out of their way to stop it by committing excessive acts of violence.

I think you'll find that on several occasions Israel rejected the peace plans,not Palestine.

And do you honestly believe that,because a certain group gets voted into power that everyone should suffer from their actions?

If so,then every person in America and Britain should suffer because of the actions of Bush and Blair.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've got a question nobody seems to be asking.

Exactly how does Israel know where Hamas Militants houses are?

Israel hasn't been in Gaza for quite some time now. Remember, people don't cross the border, it's been locked down. So going door to door and asking isn't exactly going to work.

I can't see any way Israel knew those houses were owned by Hamas Militants.
The closest Israel has been to those buildings in years is a few fly-overs... and you can't tell who lives where by screeching over-head in a fighter.

Basically...

We're being lied to.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesLost
reply to post by hlesterjerome

And do you honestly believe that,because a certain group gets voted into power that everyone should suffer from their actions?

If so,then every person in America and Britain should suffer because of the actions of Bush and Blair.

I belive everyone in America HAS suffered because of the actions of Bush. I live in the USA, so I can not speak about the Britsh.

I stand by my statements.

The people who voted Hamas into government knew what Hamas's agenda was.

Palestinians could choose peace if they wanted too.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
[

At least US political phone calls are identifiable and are trying to solicit support of some kind. When was the last time a mystery phone call had anything good to convey?

Man what is with you? Were you over there recieving these calls? Yes? No? I have to say with all the post I've read on here your's are the most one sided. It takes to ta tango and both sides are guilty of something. It just appears the Isreal got tired of it and happend to have the better toys.

You look to be spouting off way more propaganda then the media these days and your post are pretty much filled with hate, why? What have they done to you? I don't believe this war to be anything other then a mistake but at least I look at it from both sides with all the info I happend to find and nothing tells me it's all Isreals fault when in fact Hamas is as much to blame for the dead Civlian situation over there. All hate does is makes more hate where did racsim start? why do wars never end? It seems you should just move over there and support them from the front lines instead of how was it quoted to me Arm Chair Quarterbacking...yah that's it.

Your post would be alot more informative if ya added a litle less hate in them.

K, I'm ready flame me for not agreeing with your hate filled reality of the world!!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome
They choose war by choosing Hamas to represent them as a government.

The Palestinians voted for Hamas over Fatah in a free, democratic and internationally observed election.

As soon as Hamas were declared the winners in 2005, Gaza was blockaded by Israel as punishment for not voting for Mahmoud Abbas' Fateh party with whom Israel had been formulating a plan to back despite the wishes of the Palestianian civilian populace.

At the same time, the US unilaterally declared Hamas a 'terrorist organisation' and backed Israel's actions and used their UN security council veto to such an effect

Its a case of "vote for who we tell you to vote for otherwise we'll destroy you"

I still can't help but think that its all to do with the oil & gas fields off the Gazan coast that was dicovered in 2003, and subsequently legally awarded to the Palestinians, that Israel and the US want to get thier hands on (and Abbas who will merely comply to the extraction arrangements to the advantage of the US&Israeli oil cartel/political cabal)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
They still voted for terrorists, who are openly commited to fighting a war with Israel forever.

They still choose war over peace.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I can't see any way Israel knew those houses were owned by Hamas Militants.

The investigation has been going on for months and months.
Isreal had this defense response well planned out.

Hamas Women Vow to Become 'Martyrdom-Seekers' and Blow Themselves Up Among 'the Apes and Pigs'

Lovely. :shk:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Hamas are scum. They use civilians as human shields. They use schools and mosques and homes and other civilian structures from which to work their terrorism from. THEY are the reason these things are being blown up. Because THEY made them military targets. It's their own damn fault.

I wonder what would happen in a bank robery by your logic if same methods would aply where there are civilians.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

There is a possibility that the remnants of Fatah are the ones telling Israel where Hamas is. There is bad blood between Hamas ad Fatah ever since Hamas ran the leaders out of Gaza. There is nothing more Abbas and Fatah would love to see than the destruction of Hamas so they can regain power.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
If I lived in Gaza and I knew that the cowardly Hamas was setting up shop next to my house or in my neighbors backyard, I would get the hell out of Dodge. Given the events of the last week all Hamas targets are fair game.

No one to blame but Hamas and those who support them.

Nobody can get out. Nobody can get in. Israel has the place locked down. Where are they going to go? It is shooting fish in a barrel. A barrel without food, or medical supplies. A barrel where illegal Jewish settlers are allowed to terrorize the local Palestinians. When the Palestinians tire of it and fight back, they face the might of the IDF. What are they going to do? Would you just lie down and die quietly so some ignorant Zionist can have your land?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Israel has the place locked down.

Israel isn't the only border Gaza has. Don't forget EGYPT.
The anti-jew brigade looooooooves to give Egypt a free pass.

[edit on 1/2/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Gaza is so small you probably couldn't swing a cat without hitting a hamas terrorist. And move to where, exactly?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

There is a possibility that the remnants of Fatah are the ones telling Israel where Hamas is. There is bad blood between Hamas ad Fatah ever since Hamas ran the leaders out of Gaza. There is nothing more Abbas and Fatah would love to see than the destruction of Hamas so they can regain power.

I think you're bang on the money here.

Fateh were supplied with arms paid by Israel and shipped through the Egyptian border to stage a coup on Hamas after the democratic elections

Mahmoud Abbas is to be installed as 'regime' leader following the defeat of Hamas and when he takes power, will sign over extraction rights of the Gazan oil/gas fields to Israel in return for 'peace' and a meagre revenue for the fledgeling Palestinian Authority

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Taikonaut]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The investigation has been going on for months and months. Isreal had this defense response well planned out.

Months and months eh?

Which would mean that they started during the ceasefire,which implies that they were always going to take this course of action.Because they were never gonna locate these men and not take them out.

Which makes perfect sense when you take into account the fact that it was Israel that broke the most current ceasefire in November,not Hamas.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Israel isn't the only border Gaza has. Don't forget EGYPT.

As I mentioned on the previous page,Egypt is not letting 1000's of refugees into their country.So where exactly are the Palestinians to go?

[edit on 2-1-2009 by DantesLost]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesLost
Months and months eh?

Which would mean that they started during the ceasefire,which implies that they were always going to take this course of action.

Disregarding Egypt's complicity for the moment, who else apart from Fateh miltia members could freely move about Gaza and garner intel on Hamas sites for precision strikes

Fateh has the most to gain from what is happening, and I guarantee will seize power once Hamas has been weakened enough to be ousted from power

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Taikonaut

Yes,there is a very good chance that Fateh is involved,but I still don't believe the phoning of people and the sound bombs to warn them.

As I said,Hamas members would hear the sound bomb too,so therefore Israels quarry would high tail it out of the area.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Originally posted by alyosha1981

Tell me that this is not a tactic that is regularly used by the Israelis, what if nobody answers? their in the bath or something like that.What if there on the other line,

I believe you forgot one option here? WHAT IF THEY ARE OUT LAUNCHING ROCKETS AT ISRAELI INNOCENTS AT THE TIME THE CALL COMES????

NOUGH SAID!!!

I was referring to the civilians on the receiving end of the calls.
Would you have us believe that all Palestinians were making an outing of "being out launching rockets"?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by FlyersFan

"The innocent people suffer because of HAMAS.
Israel is defending itself - as is their right.
Hamas caused the bombs to fall where they did.
Hamas picked human shields and civilian structures to work out of.
HAMAS doesn't care."

Right, it goes to show just how much hamas cares about the people, I mean their so brave that they have to hide behind civilians, such a brave group to look up too. I'd heard on the news that that"brave" hamas leader that got hit with that 2000lb bomb had been warned but instead of getting his wives an children out of danger choose to use his own family as a shield (what a loving man).

Yes your right, he was always known for being outright defiant and arrogant in his ways, and it is unfortunate that his family paid the price for his "iron man" mentality.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome

If they wanted peace, they could just as easily choose peace.

Dude, Palestinians have NO INTREST what-so-ever in living a peaceful existence.

You make your bed…You lay in it.

Would you be upset if the "terms of peace" you were offered entailed remaining in squalor, and being forced to settle with only the scraps you were given? What good are "peace" talks if Israel isn't willing to sacrifice some of their precious land in exchange for the discontinuation of provoked attacks?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join