It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel destroys Hamas homes, flattens Gaza mosque

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Israel destroys Hamas homes, flattens Gaza mosque

news.yahoo.com

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – Israel bombed a mosque it says was used to store weapons and destroyed the homes of more than a dozen Hamas operatives on Friday, the seventh day of a blistering offensive in Gaza and the day after an airstrike killed a prominent Hamas figure.

In what appeared to be a new Israeli tactic, the military called at least some of the houses ahead of time to warn inhabitants of an impending attack. In some cases, it also fired a sound bomb to warn away civilians before flattening the homes with powerful missiles, Palestinians and Israeli defense officials said.

Israel launched the aerial campaign last Saturday in a bid to halt weeks of intensifying Palestinian rocket fire from Gaza. The offensive has dealt a heavy blow to Hamas, but has failed to halt the rocket fire. New attacks Friday struck apartment buildings in a southern Israeli city. No serious injuries were reported
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israel pushes ahead as Gaza assault enters day 5
Israeli airstrike kills a top Hamas leader
Israel demands monitors as part of a Gaza truce
Scores killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Ok so calling the targets before actually bombing them? did I hear this right? Tell me that this is not a tactic that is regularly used by the Israelis, what if nobody answers? their in the bath or something like that.What if there on the other line, WTF? and then Israel saying that the mosque was being used to store weapons thats a good excusse.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Well I don't know to be honest but I know if I lived next door to a Hamas terrorist I would probably move fairly quickly.
Wouldn't you?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Umm.. Ya I wouldn't wait fot the Israeli air force to call my house and let me know that it won't exsist in a few minutes, these guys are rediculous really calling the house? can you imagine: ring ring.. Hello? "yes you might want to leave your home" "why" "umm well, were about to drop a 2.000 pound bomb on it".......click

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Iraqi troops uncovered a large cache of arms in a raid on a Baghdad mosque on Monday amid signs that Shiite militants had stepped up their attacks outside Sadr City.

www.nytimes.com...

Coalition forces detained six suspected terrorists during operations around Iraq today, and Iraqi police and U.S. soldiers found a weapons cache inside a Baghdad mosque April 23.

www.globalsecurity.org...

They probably thought Israel would never hit a Mosque so they stashed their weapons in there. As you can see they guessed wrong. Of course, Hamas wouldn't be the first ones to try to hide weapons in a mosque.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Or is that the media disinformation outlet telling us this? we all know this is a MSM gold mine, they can play it however they want and make the public think whatever they want us to think.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

I don't see it as disinformation. Israel has people in there dropping dimes. Remember that there are still members of Fatah in there and despite what Abbas says about Israel in public, in secret he is awaiting the destruction of Hamas so he can reclaim power in Gaza.

2000 lb bomb

The GPS-guided GBU-39 is said to be one of the most accurate bombs in the world. The 113-kg. bomb has the same penetration capabilities as a normal 900-kg. bomb, although it has only 22.7 kg. of explosives. At just 1.75 meters long, its small size increases the number of bombs an aircraft can carry and the number of targets it can attack in a sortie.

Warnings

Also Sunday, Military Intelligence's Psychological Warfare Department broke into radio broadcasts in Gaza and warned Palestinian civilians not to cooperate with Hamas terrorist activity.

Palestinians reported that they received phone calls to their cellular phones and landlines from the IDF.

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hamas are scum. They use civilians as human shields. They use schools and mosques and homes and other civilian structures from which to work their terrorism from. THEY are the reason these things are being blown up. Because THEY made them military targets. It's their own damn fault.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Good info Jam, Statement retracted see post bolow, but the calling and phyc warfare is what gets me, and I was unaware about the Fatah lying in wait as well I thought they were destroyed.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But the innocent people suffer as a result, and through any chance does Israel care no not in the least.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It seems to me that they are at least warning peple before they bomb so you can't say their trying to kill civilians, yah it wold suck to get a call saying your house is going to be flattened but on the positive side they did warn them so that the loss of innocent lives would be greatly minimized.

Of course since it's coming from a "know propganda source of media" it's totaly false right?

Does hamas give them the chance to be human shields or weapons storage or just forces them to obey? oh the unanswered questions killing me. Maybe soon these people can soon pick up the peaces of their lives and start to live again. One can only hope!!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – An Israeli warplane dropped a 2,000-pound bomb on the home of one of Hamas' top five decision-makers Thursday, instantly killing him and 18 others, while the Israeli army said troops massed on the Gaza border were ready for any order to invade.
reply to post by jam321

news.yahoo.com...

This is where I got the 2000 pound bomb info from, this is accurate and these bombs level half city blocks.The system you quoted was used as a 'bunker buster" and destroyed the tunnels and the rocket launchers.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Umm.. Ya I wouldn't wait fot the Israeli air force to call my house and let me know that it won't exsist in a few minutes, these guys are rediculous really calling the house? can you imagine: ring ring.. Hello? "yes you might want to leave your home" "why" "umm well, were about to drop a 2.000 pound bomb on it".......click

I don't think those mystery phonecalls are meant to warn you, too many people get them. It meant to terrorise the population. Most the calls are not by the IDF, but by pathological freaks back in Israel.

And the bombing of the mosque; yup, the storage thing is an excuse. This means that they don't mind if a synagogue or two gets bombed and hopefully they realise its not antiSemitism, not that that does matter.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleksander
It seems to me that they are at least warning peple before they bomb so you can't say their trying to kill civilians, yah it wold suck to get a call saying your house is going to be flattened but on the positive side they did warn them so that the loss of innocent lives would be greatly minimized.

Of course since it's coming from a "know propganda source of media" it's totaly false right?

Does hamas give them the chance to be human shields or weapons storage or just forces them to obey? oh the unanswered questions killing me. Maybe soon these people can soon pick up the peaces of their lives and start to live again. One can only hope!!

Why would they be flattening people's houses in the first place? Haven't you been watching the news; the IDF spokespersons have been saying that they have only targeted Hamas infrastructure. Of course they could be lying.

The phonecalls are not meant to inform civilians. It's meant to terrorise. How would you feel if someone told you they will do massive drive by in 5 minutes. What are you going to do, where are the kids, where are going to go, what if you don't get out in time? An hour later you house is still standing, it is raining and its cold outside, you kids are hungry and crying. What do you do, risk it and go back in? All of this because of a twisted little skull faced twat in Israel.

[edit on 083131p://am3144 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
But the innocent people suffer as a result, and through any chance does Israel care no not in the least.

The innocent people suffer because of HAMAS.
Israel is defending itself - as is their right.
Hamas caused the bombs to fall where they did.
Hamas picked human shields and civilian structures to work out of.
HAMAS doesn't care.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If I lived in Gaza and I knew that the cowardly Hamas was setting up shop next to my house or in my neighbors backyard, I would get the hell out of Dodge. Given the events of the last week all Hamas targets are fair game.

No one to blame but Hamas and those who support them.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Media disinformation? The same one who's words seem to be straight from God whenever they say some thing bad about Israel. "Palestinians eat grass because of Israel." Its the truth and any one who says other wise is a Zionist! "Palestinians break in to a hospital and smash the skulls of newborns with hammers." Its a Zionist lie!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a common media trick is to say they are doing an Exposé about a particular group, half an hour before the story airs you inform the group you are doing the story and ask them to come on live TV to answer the allegations, 99% of the time they will decline due to the little warning and inability to get there.
at the end of the broadcast it is mentioned that the group where approached and declined to come on air.

It is not lying, but it is not telling the full truth either.
Now are these Palestinian people getting calls minutes before, hours before, or just a message left on an answering machine from an unknown source, are they speaking in a foreign toungue that the home owner does not understand.

so before we start cheering one side saying at least they are trying to do the right thing, ask exactly how and when they went about the warnings.

I think we all learnt a lesson from a little girl who was interviewed on live TV and told everyone what heroes the Russian soldiers where helping her and her family out of harms way from the Georgian army.
That one backfired for the American propaganda machine, I wonder what the Palestinian home owners would say?

as far as bombing a mosque, they just made even more enemies than before, even if weapons are stored there, all religious temples are off limits, sanctuaries.
so now we can say it is OK to bomb a church if soldiers are worshiping in there, after all, soldiers are weapons to.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

Media disinformation? The same one who's words seem to be straight from God whenever they say some thing bad about Israel. "Palestinians eat grass because of Israel." Its the truth and any one who says other wise is a Zionist! "Palestinians break in to a hospital and smash the skulls of newborns with hammers." Its a Zionist lie!

How many Israeli hospitals with Israeli newborns are there in Gaza?

None.

So why the obviously ridicules comment? Why the hysterical comment about new born babies getting their skulls smashed? Are these nightmares what allows you to stomach the genocide of Palestinians? Rather an odd mindset for someone as young and pretty as you.

[edit on 083131p://am3153 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
a common media trick is to say they are doing an Exposé about a particular group, half an hour before the story airs you inform the group you are doing the story and ask them to come on live TV to answer the allegations, 99% of the time they will decline due to the little warning and inability to get there.
at the end of the broadcast it is mentioned that the group where approached and declined to come on air.

It is not lying, but it is not telling the full truth either.
Now are these Palestinian people getting calls minutes before, hours before, or just a message left on an answering machine from an unknown source, are they speaking in a foreign toungue that the home owner does not understand.

so before we start cheering one side saying at least they are trying to do the right thing, ask exactly how and when they went about the warnings.

I think we all learnt a lesson from a little girl who was interviewed on live TV and told everyone what heroes the Russian soldiers where helping her and her family out of harms way from the Georgian army.
That one backfired for the American propaganda machine, I wonder what the Palestinian home owners would say?

as far as bombing a mosque, they just made even more enemies than before, even if weapons are stored there, all religious temples are off limits, sanctuaries.
so now we can say it is OK to bomb a church if soldiers are worshiping in there, after all, soldiers are weapons to.

At least US political phone calls are identifiable and are trying to solicit support of some kind. When was the last time a mystery phone call had anything good to convey?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join