It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?
also could you post the link for the addon for firefox.

Cheers.

you betcha..here is the link

Firefox earthquake addon

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

BHE records seismic waves going along the East-West axis, BHN along the North-South axis, and BHZ along the vertical (Z, up-down) axis.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My gee won't work. I keep getting the message that the servers are down and to try again in a few minutes...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
hey here are the meanings one of the guys posted

BHE detects movements going east-west axis
BHN """""" north-south axis
BHZ''''''''' vertical (up - down) axis

Grants H17A is still shaking

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Im getting the same message with GEE it keeps saying the servers are down?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree

Originally posted by who-me?
also could you post the link for the addon for firefox.

Cheers.

you betcha..here is the link

Firefox earthquake addon

My Firefox add-on is still showing a 3.6 followed by a 2.5.

It's a good little widget though.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

Mine works but incoming data has a few minutes long lag.
Not enough bandwidth?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reported on usnews.com, latest analysis of the situation from a dood with over 30 years of data from the region, although he's a self confessed non-expert on earthquakes et al; still interesting and perhaps scary reading

here

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Telafree....just taking a stab here but I wonder if Hampton is keeping up to date on this activity

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just noticed that the current spikes on H17A are coming at 4 second intervals WEIRD lets see if it keeps up shal we...??

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spypants
Telafree....just taking a stab here but I wonder if Hampton is keeping up to date on this activity

?? The mothership hampton?

[edit on 1/2/2009 by Telafree]

link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Just noticed that the current spikes on H17A are coming at 4 second intervals WEIRD lets see if it keeps up shal we...??

That here: www.seis.utah.edu...

That is what resembles harmonics.. iirc, like a metronome..

mah spellling is teh bad.. lol

[edit on 2-1-2009 by dustystrings]

link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

thanks so much!

what is TA.HI6A

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
WOW! Since that 3.6 there has been a constant movement hit the max ups and downs on the chart. Anyone??? That looks harmonic for sure. It is showing up on all the usual suspects as far as sensors go. The "noise" in the system continues. I think we can and should COMPLETELY rule out wind as a cause. I tried my best to make it wind in my head, but it does not fit in with any wind examples I have ever seen. There is an absolute northward trend. I need to pull the raw data and do some averaging. Maybe take the average position for groups of 7 quakes at a time and see exactly how far it has moved north. Also it would be interesting to try to calculate if the northward movement has been at a steady speed or if it is speeding up. This is an amazing thread. Great use of community brain power people. Pat yourselves on the back.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
just figured you were a phish fan seeing as though your name contains the name sof 2 phish songs ...and phish is playing in hampton VA. in march. disregard....sorry
back to topic

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't know what happened but I can not get RSOE off of this:
Tuesday, November 00, 0000 at 19:13 in the evening at epicenter

I have tried to reastablish and cant get there.
Did I miss one of your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hi all,

I discovered this site a few days ago after this thread was linked from another site I was on. I've since been following it intently. This really is edge of the seat stuff! I'd just like to say a huge thanks to all the posters - i've learnt a huge amount reading this. I never thought seismographs could be so interesting!!!

From the data coming out of Yellowstone, something is definately going on. From what I can make out, the evidence suggests it's a hydrothermal explosion/eruption that is the most likely to take place although, because humans have never witnessed the build up to an event at a super-volcano before, no one can be quite sure what will happen.

Just looked again, an increase in activity at all the following:

www.quake.utah.edu...
www.quake.utah.edu...
www.quake.utah.edu...
www.quake.utah.edu...

Scary.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spypants
just figured you were a phish fan seeing as though your name contains the name sof 2 phish songs ...and phish is playing in hampton VA. in march. disregard....sorry
back to topic

I got it, I asked if you meant the mothership...but i edited it in so i figured you might have missed it. And yea, I am a phish fan..my signature and quote and screenname pretty much give it away.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WSPfan
I need to pull the raw data and do some averaging. Maybe take the average position for groups of 7 quakes at a time and see exactly how far it has moved north. Also it would be interesting to try to calculate if the northward movement has been at a steady speed or if it is speeding up.

I think this page might interest you:
USGS Animation for Yellowstone Region

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join