It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by citnaj

Yeah yeah, here's an other piece of nice info :

Web bots scan man-made information
This is the most important concept of web bots because it sets the limits to what the web bots are able to predict. This also explains why it’s impossible to predict any end of the world prophecy. Why is that? The main goal of a web bot is simply to crawl the web the same way Google would do it to extract important information from websites. That important information is usually the most relevant keywords on a website put with a certain algorithm that is able to get the meaning of the sentences the keywords are used in. This information is then put in a large database and the final goal is to compare similar topics to determine if they each point towards similar conclusions.

So, if we put all the pieces together: The web contains information written by humans, the web bots crawl that information, find correlations and make predictions. If the web bots take its information from man-made sources, then what can it predict? Only things humans can predict or have control over. Does that includes the end of the world? No. There’s nothing super-natural in web bots. It’s computer technology at its best: Gather, keep and interpret information the human brain can’t.

Sure someone can argue they sometimes predict the stocks market, but I know people who are damn good at this too. They can try to predict a whole lot of stuff, but it cannot go any further than what we can predict.

We have to be careful here, because web bots do have a power we don’t have: to merge all that information across the web and try to find a correlation. So, they can go a little further than what a single human can do, but they can’t go any further than what’s possible to predict by humans.

If it was really possible to predict incredible stuff, Google would have the answer to every question. Wait a minute…They do! Seriously, it’s possible to extract relevant information from the web but it has a limit. Google use the data it collect to do a lot of other stuff than giving you search results, but they wouldn’t be able to predict things humans don’t have control over if they tried. That’s the same thing for web bots, except it’s much more smaller than Google.

Put everything in perspective
Web bot is a really nice project but I think it’s going to be one more argument for doomsday prophets in the future. It already started with videos about the end of the world and web bots predicting it would happen in 2012. There are certain things we don’t have control over and we have to accept it. There are certain parts of our lives we don’t control and we have to accept it. Computers are useful but they’re not God. I think the web bot project has a nice future but always keep in mind the web is man made and the bots crawl the web: there’s a limit to their capacities, it’s no magic.

Some examples
What’s best than a couple of concrete examples?

Could the web bots predict:

Natural disaster: There’s not much chances, unless it’s a natural disaster we can predict. We sometimes know in advance of a tornado and are able to predict the disaster. In that case, a web bot could do the same by gathering information from websites talking about a possible disaster on a certain date.
End of the world: Unless it’s a very obvious situation or caused by humans’ actions, no.
Terrorist attacks: Yes. at least it can help.
Stocks markets: Yes it can help.
You get the idea.

You really have to see things in perspective.......stock market and terrorist attacks,hell yes but natural disasters??? get real.....you people really believe in a modern day oracle of delphi, be my guest!!!

peace

[edit on 13/12/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Dude, you're just as bad.

You totally have the premise of the project wrong.

Ever hear of the www.boundaryinstitute.org... discovery? Basically, these guys discovered that for some odd reason, people actually react emotionally to adverse stimuli, up to six seconds BEFORE even being presented with the emotionally provoking content.

So, and I've explained this before in previous threads so you can do your research if you're so inclined to LEARN, but basically, what Cliff High is doing with the web bots is quantifying emotional content with key concepts, tracking any deviations from the norm over time, and interpreting these changes as akin to the results in the precognition experiment I just alluded to.

SOO... you get the puzzle pieces which emerge from the concepts (i.e. archetypes, such as earthquake) that are emotionally evolving (i.e., humans are leaking subconscious emotional reactions to future events). If concepts do not emotionally evolve, than basically the idea is you have no future cognition associated with that and instead it's business as usual with that archetype. However, if it is emotionally evolving over time, then something is driving that change, and Cliff's theory is that it is future precognition at work.

So my word out to you "mindcrime", "NTesla" and so on: Learn the difference between asserting that you're logical and correct versus actually being correct. Unless you're a shill, I do suppose you are interested in intellectual honesty, no?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I am thrilled we are at the 13th and no EQ's have happened yet that match the language specified for these "twin quakes. I am very hopeful the webbot is wrong on this prediction.

I do want to say - those who do not believe the webbot has been right on anything. Here is one example of them getting it correct.

Right now there are 1.2 million without electricity in the Northeast.

In September - the webbot said:

The Web Bots foresee that the Winter in the Northeast will be very cold this Winter, causing some schools to close, and then later to reopen as shelters for people who can't heat their homes. Language suggests that the shortage will either be caused by supply, cost of fuel, or both.]"

Please see the following link:

www.myfoxboston.com...

Anyone who needs support after the overnight ice storm is asked to dial 2-1-1.

Here is a list of emergency shelters for storm victims:

Amesbury - Amesbury Middle School

North Andover - N. Andover High School

Portsmouth - Portsmouth High School

Worcester - Warming center open until 7P at the Worcester Senior Center at 128 Providence St. Opening 2 overnight shelters opening at 7P - Doherty Memorial H.S., Burncoat High School

Please see new thread with complete news story on the 1.2 million without electricity.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is just one more point of how the webbot has been correct in the past in their predictions, and this is exactly the reason why - I had made preparations for their EQ predictions.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by questioningall]

[edit on 13-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I've noticed that over the past 3 days, there have been quite a few magnitude 2.5-3.0+ earthquakes that have been posted and then removed from the USGS website. Everyone of those have occurred in either California, Wyoming, Missouri, or Tennessee. Anyone noticed this? If so, any thoughts on why?

[edit on 13/12/08 by Evasius]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I know what you mean, also, I find it interesting that someone had posted 3 different shakings in Iowa 2 or 3 days ago, but that did not come up on USGS site. Besides - 2 nights ago (11th) I could have sworn that there was a small trembling where I am at 2am. I woke up - and my bed was moving a slight bit, about 15 mins later - there was (I thought) another very slight tremble. Yesterday morning - I did not see any quake showing on the USGS map. I read others are stating, it seems not all quakes are being put on.

From my understanding - the USGS does not put "quakes" on the map if they are caused my magma.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by citnaj

SOO... you get the puzzle pieces which emerge from the concepts (i.e. archetypes, such as earthquake) that are emotionally evolving (i.e., humans are leaking subconscious emotional reactions to future events)

And you don't think people are leaking this subconscious emotional reaction because of threads like these and people reading them???

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There was just a 4.0 EQ in Trona, CA
quake.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If you look at this there seams to be an inceased activity of larger quakes all over today. Just had a 4.7 in Portugal

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rintendo

You wrote:
Well, the smart people would try and move from highly active faults and volcanoes.

My question to you: You bring up some valid points but what about people that can't afford to move out of a state in which is prime for disaster? Where I come from, we have harsh winters but yet we manage and rebuild what is lost.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i suppose now that everyones going to flip out over every little quake all over the world now.. claiming that the webot predicted it.
Thats very typical though. Correct me if im woring (and im sure someone will, just so the webot looks legit) but didnt it predict a quake in the USA?
BTW, im a believer (until the 15th) but lets not say theres a quake in greece and now OMG, the web bot is so right!! lol, cmon, people!

if thats the case, im predicting that its going to rain very hard today in a great land!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ha! heavy rain today in a great land???

Exactly whats happened in Great Britain - with flash floods inundating some people's houses.

Simon

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Evasius

I know what you mean, also, I find it interesting that someone had posted 3 different shakings in Iowa 2 or 3 days ago, but that did not come up on USGS site. Besides - 2 nights ago (11th) I could have sworn that there was a small trembling where I am at 2am. I woke up - and my bed was moving a slight bit, about 15 mins later - there was (I thought) another very slight tremble. Yesterday morning - I did not see any quake showing on the USGS map. I read others are stating, it seems not all quakes are being put on.

From my understanding - the USGS does not put "quakes" on the map if they are caused my magma.

i live 45 min north of the person who said they felt 3 shakes in se ia. the usgs probably didnt report this EQ because i dont think any happened at said time.

i didnt feel anything and nobody around me felt an EQ .

peace

[edit on 13-12-2008 by elitegamer23]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ok, I'm looking at the site that someone linked above with emergency and disater information RSOE EDIS

If you scroll down to read under Earthquake events in the last 12hrs, why are there 3 big events in Australia yet they aren't listed on any other site?

The 6.1 that was in Western Australia they have listeds their source as USGS, but it's not on the USGS maps.

Any idea why??

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Right now there are 1.2 million without electricity in the Northeast.

In September - the webbot said:

The Web Bots foresee that the Winter in the Northeast will be very cold this Winter, causing some schools to close, and then later to reopen as shelters for people who can't heat their homes. Language suggests that the shortage will either be caused by supply, cost of fuel, or both.]"

Ummm, it predicted there would be a snow storm in New England - nice call - - - a wooly worm does that.
No time frame on that call either - here we are 3 months later and there is the typical snow and ice storm in New England.

So, should I take from this that even though there will be no "twin quakes" before next Tuesday, that if there is a quake that actually does some damage in the next 3 months and then has an aftershock - that the web bot guys will then say - well, we were just early on that call - yes, this what it predicted ?

I want to know at what point will you yourself call this prediction BUSTED ?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

unfortunantely as it is with most predictions this one will never be "busted" the simple fact of the matter is that people are unwilling to put down their guns. its much easier to change dates then it is to say "well you knwo what, we were wrong" but as for me im calling this busted the 16th.until then ill just be here to make sure no one posts information that is incorrect or circumstantial because that is all im seeing.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
reply to post by JustTheFacts

...ill just be here to make sure no one posts information that is incorrect or circumstantial because that is all im seeing.

LOL dude, AGAIN, this is a "prediction and prophecy" thread. Get over yourself. It's one thing to have a debate, it's another to go ahead and claim you're the guardian of all that is true.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Comrad "Red Cloak" it is very kind that you put up such a controversial statement from Jim Berkland. As you state on pg 26 that he told you that there is an 85% chance that there will be one or more magnitude 8 earthquakes within 2-3 weeks after December 12, 2008 in the area of New Madrid.

This man needs to have his head checked if he made such statements; and in fact no scientist in their right mind would make such a statement as this without some scientific fact.

These are the scientific facts people. Jim Berkland makes "MANY" earthquake predictions, and yes he did get "ONE" right. But the only reason he got the "one" right is because of only "one" scientific reason. That scientific reason is the scientific fact that porpoises, dolphins and whales beach themselves trying to get away from faults under abnormal pressure.

So, if you want to know if and where a large earthquake is going to strike somewhere around the world close to the ocean, then scour the web for porpoises, dolphins and whales beaching themselves right before it strikes, because they are good scientific indicators, whilest other animals, reptiles, fish and mammals are not.

Jim Berkland saw the news article that the whales or dolphins or porpoises were beaching themselves at that period in time, and that is how he made his prediction. You can be fairly right also, after you see such beachings.

On the other hand, Jim Berkland uses moon phases an all that kind of BS, and that stuff has nothing to do with an earthquake. When you start getting all of your scientific data from the Earth itself, then you will have real scientific data.

Porpoises, dolphins, and whales that beach themselves are able to detect faults under abnormal pressure. I'm sure they must see it as some type of very extensive radiation wall that is pulsing up and down inside the water and above it, as I see it when I use my equipment that lets me be able to see it; or they simply don't like the signal and from past experience know that a quake usually follows.

As to Jim Berkland making a statement like the one stated, his entire forecast of such an event is totally preposterous and should not be heeded by anyone. Why? Because he has no scientific data from the earth showing any kind of pulsing coming from the ground showing that a huge earthquake is going to strike near New Madrid as stated.

I'm watching the region between Denver to Memphis, and Dallas to Pierre; and there is currently no signal in the ground showing any type of large earthquake looming in that region for the next three days; and yes I did just check the equipment and there is no signal of any huge earthquake ready to strike the New Madrid fault within the next three days. SO....

Fear Not, because there will NOT be a huge earthquake on the New Madrid fault within 3 days from today.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by citnaj
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Dude, you're just as bad.

Dude.....i know!!

You totally have the premise of the project wrong.

Then please explain it to me in Mickey Mouse style, 'couse clearly enough i'm to dumb to understand what it is you are trying to say.....

Ever hear of the www.boundaryinstitute.org... discovery? Basically, these guys discovered that for some odd reason, people actually react emotionally to adverse stimuli, up to six seconds BEFORE even being presented with the emotionally provoking content.

Nope, can't say i've ever heard of them. And are we talking about 6 seconds.....6 whole seconds......that much huh.....don't see the correlation between that and predicting earthquakes 6 months in advance...

So, and I've explained this before in previous threads so you can do your research if you're so inclined to LEARN, but basically, what Cliff High is doing with the web bots is quantifying emotional content with key concepts, tracking any deviations from the norm over time, and interpreting these changes as akin to the results in the precognition experiment I just alluded to.

We are still talking about a piece of software scanning the internet are we
or is this High-guy tapping into our subconscious somehow and probing what we sense??

SOO... you get the puzzle pieces which emerge from the concepts (i.e. archetypes, such as earthquake) that are emotionally evolving (i.e., humans are leaking subconscious emotional reactions to future events).

And you don't feel in any way that this subconscious emotional reaction is somehow triggered by threads like these???

If concepts do not emotionally evolve, than basically the idea is you have no future cognition associated with that and instead it's business as usual with that archetype. However, if it is emotionally evolving over time, then something is driving that change, and Cliff's theory is that it is future precognition at work.

Soo....we are still talking about a piece of software scanning the internet.....aren't we??

So my word out to you "mindcrime", "NTesla" and so on: Learn the difference between asserting that you're logical and correct versus actually being correct. Unless you're a shill, I do suppose you are interested in intellectual honesty, no?

As a matter of fact i'm very much interested intellectual honesty, that's why i find you post so interesting......

My question to you....is it even possible for people to subconsciously browse the internet or to subconsciously enter certain keyword for a webbot to pick up???.......

But i'm willing to entertain this little fairytale we've got going on here so please explain to me how software can tap into my and everybody elses subconscious........that is what you are saying ,right?????

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join