It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

In the quatum mechanical world!!!....yes ,you are correct. But we are talking about a piece of software scanning the internet looking for keywords and giving them a value. Your Freud explanation made more sense then what you are getting at right now. How can people consciously, all over the world, be typing things on their keyboard have any correlation to the quatum mechanic world??

The whole point is that it's information that's being transmitted. The brain works with information. And the brain, as you know, has much to do with what we type on the keyboard....most of the time LOL

A bit easier reading:
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
OK. I have read it all again and some of the imagery they talk about seems more like some type of Radiation sickness. I know this has been mentioned, but I thought I would bring it back up since there are reports of Indian Jet Fighters violating Pakistani airspace. To me, the emptying of bladders and bowels, the looking up with jaws dropping, the tiger stripes in the air(read: missle contrails), all seems more like a nuclear exchange. It would start in the south(India), but spread north(Pak) where it would create more damage. That makes sense because Pak has fewer nukes than India. It would make the ground shake, it would create a loud cracking noise. I mean, i know the Web Bot guys said it was in the Terra area of their "language", but it is more likely to pick this up than an EQ.

Just sayin'

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WSPfan
OK. I have read it all again and some of the imagery they talk about seems more like some type of Radiation sickness. I know this has been mentioned, but I thought I would bring it back up since there are reports of Indian Jet Fighters violating Pakistani airspace. To me, the emptying of bladders and bowels, the looking up with jaws dropping, the tiger stripes in the air(read: missle contrails), all seems more like a nuclear exchange. It would start in the south(India), but spread north(Pak) where it would create more damage. That makes sense because Pak has fewer nukes than India. It would make the ground shake, it would create a loud cracking noise. I mean, i know the Web Bot guys said it was in the Terra area of their "language", but it is more likely to pick this up than an EQ.

Just sayin'

Thoughts?

This is a very interesting observation I haven't thought of. We know people mis-interpret the web bots language, as proven with the October 7th prediction. Makes you question whether the developers are mis-interpreting what the web bot is predicting.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Comrad "Red Cloak" you ask why there are so many earthquakes occurring at 6.2 miles in depth; that is a good question. One that I can only touch on, but I can honestly tell you that there must be a much longer and better explanation than what I will be able to give you, but here goes....

It depends where the earthquakes strike in the world, as to what depth they are going to strike at in general. Each region of the world, and each strip along side one of the plate boundaries has its own particular depth at which earthquakes strike. So, it really depends on the location.

It seems to me (not proven scientifically yet) that the different regions with "similar depths" feed earthquakes from their linked areas. Meaning that an earthquake cell in a linked area in the distance that releases its energy adds to the energy at the absorbing energy cell that is down stream from the earthquake cell that releases its energy. So, what I'm saying is that earthquakes get some of their energy from earthquake cells that release energy at approximately the same depth or higher, yet they are in fact far distant from each other.

At the same time, you have to understand that something down below is usually creating the abnormal pressure to exist at some certain point or fault. That something is probably a liquid; whether it is incompressible water or magma.

If you are up in Montana, up in Yellowstone National Park, you realize that the area is underlain by water that is heated up by near surface magma, causing periodic geysers of water to erupt. But when you study the geyser, it is different from an earthquake or earthquake cell building up its pressure.

When a geyser builds up its pressure during its cycle, the pressure builds and builds, and then "suddenly" the pressure releases. When an earthquake cell or common earthquake builds up its pressure during one of its cycles, it's pressure builds and builds, and then it holds that pressure for a period of usually 4-7 minutes, and then the pressure suddenly releases. The amount of time it holds the pressure specifies which earthquake or earthquake cell you are watching. So... if you are watching one particular earthquake in one particular area, and its holding time is approximately 5 minutes, then every time its daily cycle comes, depending on which day of the cycle it is, then you would always expect it to release around the 5 minute mark, plus or minus approximately 1 minute or less.

When you are looking at the radiation that is emitted from an earthquake coming through the walls of the place you are living in, and you start marking the walls with pieces of tape, in order to see exactly what the outline really looks like all at once, then you can be surprised at what you see.

Most all of the time, the top of the radiation field is flat, just like you would expect some liquid rising from below would look like after it hits a barrier up above it that it cannot move or penetrate. The picture you usually see if you are looking at the refracted radiation is usually many times wider than it is in height in general. Down below this you will see an upside down cone, where you can see that the liquid spread out in the cone shape as it comes up through the different strata below until it hits the impermeable layer and can only spread out below it.

When there is enough pressure below this impermeable barrier, then the barrier itself breaks and lets some of this liquid which must be limited in its extent in some manner or another escape. Sometimes if you look deeper, you will see there is more than one layer deep down in the fault. Now remember, what you are looking at is refracted radiation, and you can be at tremendous distances and see all of this, and I'm talking hundreds of miles away for the larger earthquakes. You'll of course want to be broad side to it in order to see as much as you can, sometimes what you will see is very jagged upward or downward parts to the fault under abnormal pressure.

But, what I guess I'm trying to say is that the barriers that seem to quake the most, are probably weaker than other barriers or strata of material located at different depths. It all seems to work just like plumbing in your house, and there is nothing overly scientific about it.

Basically, if a huge earthquake would take place far in the unknown future, we would expect it to strike at approximately the same depth as all of the other earthquakes have previously struck at for the particular area, unless noted otherwise.

Basically, deep underground at some depth, another earthquake or earthquake cell in the distance released their energy, in so doing, it might have pinched together a deep underground crevasse that liquid was flowing through at some particular unknown speed. Well, since the crevasse is now pinched off and the liquid cannot flow through it as it normally did, then it seeks another route. That spot becomes like an underground dam, and the liquid behind the dam starts building up pressure, and more pressure, and if something doesn't break somewhere above, then the liquid whatever it may be, just starts backing up, maybe hundreds or thousands of miles back up stream.

At different points along this upstream area, the pressure there becomes detectable also, and is noted as being increased, by pressure exerted on the rock causing a PIEZO ELECTRIC EFFECT meaning the crystals in the rock give off electricity and radiation when they come under abnormal stress. But sooner or later the area where the original crevasse got pinched off, a nearby area sometimes cracks under pressure, usually called "the trigger earthquake", and soon an inrush occurs from all that backed up water and boom you have a massive earthquake that was caused by inrushing liquid from spots upstream that had held back pressure. Those detectable spots upstream, slowly lost their pressure as the crest at their particular area subsided.

So, in areas that are noted for having earthquakes at 6.2 miles in depth, there must be a particular barrier that is typical of that particular location and many other locations apparently. That barrier, I would think would have to be possibly more brittle, and possibly much thicker than other strata located below it, to be the toughest upward barrier for the liquid to penetrate.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WSPfan

most of Pakistan is between the 32 and 36 degree latitude ...right?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Isn't most of pakistan between the 32 and 36 degree latitude?I

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Only the very North of Pakistan is within this latitude. But most of Afghanistan is within 32 and 36 degrees latitude.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
EDIT

First off, I had a big post in reply to Tesla, but after reading through the rest of the thread, I removed it (not because it was incorrect or inappropriate, but because it was unnecessary).

As everybody else in here hopes for, I hope the earthquakes do not happen. Even so, the OP should apologize anyway due to the odd way the threads came about. Future prediction threads need to be handled in a more controlled manner instead of exploding into three topics of debate.

[edit on 12/14/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

first off the do wish to apologize to you. it got a little heated back there and i feel ashamed for saying that statement. im sorry.

now to the issue. first of all i was not gloating. i was simply saying that even if i was wrong that still does not mean you or anyone else for that matter will pull an apology out of me. i will apologize if i find it to be nessacery.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I know, I was only joking. I thought that was what emoticons meant on this site, but I guess people use them so often, it's hard to tell whether people are being sarcastic or talking normally.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by citnaj
The whole point is that it's information that's being transmitted. The brain works with information. And the brain, as you know, has much to do with what we type on the keyboard....most of the time LOL

But are these people consiously or subconsiously typing things on there keyboard?? The problem here is...the info the webbot processes is still info man has put into it so for it to be predictive the ones putting the info in have to be predictive......right???

Oh an thanks for the interesting article, but when talking about quantum entanglement, we are still talking about theory and maybe a timeframe of a couple of milliseconds rather than months when adressing future/past events.........right???

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Your reply to RedCloak on why so many earthquakes appear to occur at the very specific depth of 6.2 miles (ie 10 km) is very interesting. However, it has little bearing on explaining the real reason and suggests that you are unaware of USGS's methodology in posting quake depths, a methodology that it has used for several years.

The real reason is very simple. As the USGS says on its website in the "glossary" section:

Sometimes when depth is poorly constrained by available seismic data, the location program will set the depth at a fixed value. For example, 33 km is often used as a default depth for earthquakes determined to be shallow, but whose depth is not satisfactorily determined by the data, whereas default depths of 5 or 10 km are often used in mid-continental areas and on mid-ocean ridges since earthquakes in these areas are usually shallower than 33 km.

In other words, if the data is not complete/accurate enough for the program to determine the depth, then it is auto-posted as 5, 10 or 33 km -- depending on where the quake occurs.

That's all there is to it. For a confirmation of the fact that quakes do in reality occur at a wider and statistically more reasonable spread of depths, I'd refer anyone interested to this article produced by Lindsay Lowe and Prof. Mark Helper of the University of Texas (Austin), which not only confirms that USGS uses default depths, but includes histograms to show both the "default" numbers of quakes and the "real" situation. (You have to scroll down about half-way to reach the relevant histograms.) For those who are pushed for time, maybe, here are the two histograms that illustrate this matter of "unrealistic" versus "realistic" quake depths:

With default depths:

Default depths removed:

(Both images from A GIS Interpretation of the Alaska-Aleutian Subduction Zone:Evidence for Segmentation and Topographic Effects by Lindsay A. Lowe and Prof. Mark Helper, University of Texas, Austin, 2005. Images reproduced for informational and educational purposes under fair-use provisions.)

As an aside to this, up to around ten days ago, nearly all quakes off the coast of Cal/PNW were posted at depths of 10 km. Now, the USGS is posting them at more precise depths (very few of which are near 10 km, in fact), which indicates that either the USGS has suddenly improved its location methodologies or else it has made an administrative decision to release more precise data to the public. The USGS is also now generally releasing wave-form data for quakes in the same region, which is something that has been distinctly lacking for several months. As this wave-form data is essential to determining quakes' magnitude and location, the USGS must have had it available, so the fact that this data is now being made available to the public means its release is a result of an administrative decision and not some form of technological advance.

Mike

Edit to add: as a general rule, I ignore "default depths" as unreliable data. The above histograms show why. I guess most others who follow quake trends with any interest do the same. Otherwise, if we were to believe that such a large number of quakes actually occur at one of four specific depths (especially 10 and 33 km), we would led into areas of conjecture about the nature of quake activity, which have absolutely no basis whatsoever in scientific fact. There is no real (ie non-"default" empirical data) to support the notion that at a depth of exactly 10 (or 33) km, there is something within the earth's crust that causes a disproportionate number of quakes and prevents their occurrence above or below those depths. The reality is quite the opposite. The crust is so folded, faulted, subducted, diverged and convoluted that the idea of areas of thousands of square miles/km in specific regions being totally uniform in respect of forces and structural characteristics is utterly absurd. The "default depths" are purely a matter of scientific and administrative convenience, as to publish "depth undetermined" thousands of times each year would look even more peculiar (to the general public) than to give defaults.

[edit on 14/12/08 by JustMike]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I haven't read back yet, but I see that someone else picked up on the 6.2 thing, it became very noticable to me, but I was not considering that these may not be accurate.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

But are these people consiously or subconsiously typing things on there keyboard?? The problem here is...the info the webbot processes is still info man has put into it so for it to be predictive the ones putting the info in have to be predictive......right???

Can you always explain why something makes you uneasy or contented? Some times people just "rub you the wrong way" but you don't know why. But these influences, even as you don't know where they're coming from (i.e. they're "irrational") nevertheless affect your mood, and therefore by extension the content of your language. Or another example-- when your high, you tend to perceive things as incredibly funny even though they're not. That's what's leaking out on the keyboard as you type.

The info typed in doesn't have to be predictive in its nominal content- in fact, the idea is that you don't want to catch that kind of explicit prediction information (such as the earthquake prediction threads on ATS) because that's masking any true subconscious leaks that might occur about the subject.

What WOULD be more ideal (albeit exaggerated to make a point) would be something like this: Say ten different people start writing about the history of earthquakes in their respective hometowns on the web, and say this is a multi-week effort. All else being equal, if they start with more neutral language such as "In 1612 an earthquake occurred here", and by week ten wrote it in more colorful language such as "In 1994 an earthquake decimated the town and destroyed 2000 lives", the idea is that this shift from neutral language to more emotionally charged language is explained by the subconscious perception of a looming bad earthquake in the future. The idea is to capture deviations from the norm, statistically speaking, on the internet as a whole.

Oh an thanks for the interesting article, but when talking about quantum entanglement, we are still talking about theory and maybe a timeframe of a couple of milliseconds rather than months when adressing future/past events.........right???

To answer this, the reason why I linked to the article about the argument that quantum entanglement applies to the time dimension in the same exact way as the spatial dimensions is because the implication of this is that you can have entanglement from opposite ends of the temporal spectrum regardless of the timespan, just as you can across the universe regardless of the distance. So that is my answer to how the 6 second precognition experiment results could scale to 6 months.

It's all conjecture, but I think it's worth thinking about.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The graphs are nice and quiet this morning, nothing seems to be happening anywhere. There was the EQ in Japan - but it was not too big.

But overall - no graph is showing any activity anywhere in the world on the site right now. 8am est

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

That is a good thing. I am looking really looking forward to Tuesday coming and all remains quiet.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
That is a good thing. I am looking really looking forward to Tuesday coming and all remains quiet.

Really? Well me too, I love the smell of ban hammer in the morning.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

nice to see you mod and here i thought i was manning the fort all by myself. i too wait for wendsaday with anticipation.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i have nothing to report as i have no pets and see little wildlife in vegas,but found your thread extremely interesting ,important,and very cool!
you are doing a service regardless of any outcome.i have sent a few messages to like-thinking people and animal people in upstate new york.

YOU SIR should get thee to COAST TO COAST george noory or knapp.im more than SURE they will be ready to believe!!it would be a great show tooHURRY PLEASE.bryan

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hey guys does someone know how fast the signal of haarp is traveling?
And if u know tru air and something like earth....
I saw that haarp had a verry strong signal on the 11/19/08 , ...

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join