It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

whoa!

there goes the F bomb.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll

whoa!

there goes the F bomb.

ive been in this thread for awhile and i kept it mostly civil. but who the hell does he think he is? hes gonna force me to apologize? pfft. my original statement stands.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I found out about this site ONLY because we were already concerned about an earthquake here. We became concerned after the "swarm" of tiny earthquakes near our home, one only about 11 miles from our house. That combined with the Governor ordering more seismic equipment last week on top of the recent FEMA report forced us to do some research. That led us here. Before that I had no idea the web bots had even "predicted" these quakes. I had seen some stuff on the web bots on TV, but had not thought much about them. Still not sure how I feel about them.

That being said, I have found all of questioningall's threads to be helpful. I don't see any of it as fear mongering since there was enough going on around us to create concern to begin with. I am a scientist(a real one and not russian). I have a BS in Chemistry and an MS in Biochemistry, and am an avid amatuer astronomer. This has been a great opportunity for me to begin to discuss more earth science with my 6 year old. Before this, I had always taught her TONS of science, but this was the first time we began to discuss plate tectonics. She knows about all of the continents, so it was easy to launch into the subject. It also coincided with her first grade class asking the students to prepare fire plans for their homes. So we extended it into other disaters. We had NEVER discussed earthquakes. We had fire and tornado plans, but this prompted us to make them better and talked about other things we can do to protect ourselves. I want to thank questioningall for that.

We have noticed some strange animal stuff, but it could be attributed to other things. Our animals can't get enough food. That could be them sensing a worse than normal winter though. We have not seen many small birds. Only scavenger and predator birds. Vultures and crows abound. On saturday I noticed a swarm of vultures larger than any I had ever seen. At least 100, flying in a very random pattern, not spiralling like normal. It was starnge enough that I pointed it out to the 6yo. They were flying all around some type of radio/phone tower. I have only seen one squirrel in the past few weeks. Normally I tease the dog by making her chase them, but just haven't seen any in the yard. Not much else to report.

Anyway, THANKS to questioningall for gathering the info and using the forum here for what will turn out to be a good purpose, regardless whether there is an earthquake or not. My fingers are crossed that there isn't. Super Moon worries me a little though, although I think it would open a window that would last a few weeks, not just through Monday.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

There is no reason to change your original statement unless refuted by evidence, which there seems to be a lack off in this thread.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

time is going to prove you right. i just don't see why you have to be so ungracious.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
WSPfan - thanks for you input on this thread, and welcome to ATS! Hope to read more posts from you in the future!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

gracious for what? i didnt come here to brag. i came here to see what people would say as this prediction is falling apart. and im still shocked at what is happening. people are congratulating her. and for what? for being good at lieing? or being being a great sport about all these "unjust" flames. why is it so hard for people to admit they are wrong and move on?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

due to her threads. how many people have run screaming and crying for their lives? how many people have hidden under blankets and have never been seen again? how many people have totally bugged out in fear?

how many N Tesla?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WSPfan
I found out about this site ONLY because we were already concerned about an earthquake here. We became concerned after the "swarm" of tiny earthquakes near our home, one only about 11 miles from our house. That combined with the Governor ordering more seismic equipment last week on top of the recent FEMA report forced us to do some research. That led us here. Before that I had no idea the web bots had even "predicted" these quakes. I had seen some stuff on the web bots on TV, but had not thought much about them. Still not sure how I feel about them.

That being said, I have found all of questioningall's threads to be helpful. I don't see any of it as fear mongering since there was enough going on around us to create concern to begin with. I am a scientist(a real one and not russian). I have a BS in Chemistry and an MS in Biochemistry, and am an avid amatuer astronomer. This has been a great opportunity for me to begin to discuss more earth science with my 6 year old. Before this, I had always taught her TONS of science, but this was the first time we began to discuss plate tectonics. She knows about all of the continents, so it was easy to launch into the subject. It also coincided with her first grade class asking the students to prepare fire plans for their homes. So we extended it into other disaters. We had NEVER discussed earthquakes. We had fire and tornado plans, but this prompted us to make them better and talked about other things we can do to protect ourselves. I want to thank questioningall for that.

We have noticed some strange animal stuff, but it could be attributed to other things. Our animals can't get enough food. That could be them sensing a worse than normal winter though. We have not seen many small birds. Only scavenger and predator birds. Vultures and crows abound. On saturday I noticed a swarm of vultures larger than any I had ever seen. At least 100, flying in a very random pattern, not spiralling like normal. It was starnge enough that I pointed it out to the 6yo. They were flying all around some type of radio/phone tower. I have only seen one squirrel in the past few weeks. Normally I tease the dog by making her chase them, but just haven't seen any in the yard. Not much else to report.

Anyway, THANKS to questioningall for gathering the info and using the forum here for what will turn out to be a good purpose, regardless whether there is an earthquake or not. My fingers are crossed that there isn't. Super Moon worries me a little though, although I think it would open a window that would last a few weeks, not just through Monday.

Welcome, and thank you. I have a 9 year old and I have shown her earthquake maps too on the internet. She is very interested in it and we have even put the USGS earthquake site in her own "favorites" file she has on the net.

Making it a game and going through every room practicing the "Triangle of Life" is fun for her too. I hope you watched that youtube video. Here it is incase.
www.youtube.com...

Though others may feel, these threads are overboard - I can say I have learned tremendously from others and I feel, it doesn't take much to be prepared for the "just in case" situations that can be live saving preparations, than not be prepared at all.

I don't feel foolish nor anything else for preparing and going through what could be live saving practices with my daughter.

I am THRILLED we are at the 3 rd day of these predictions and nothing has happened!

I am staying hopeful we will get to the 16th with the world being safe and no EQ's.

But to also be honest, I am nervous right now with the supermoon now coming into affect.

Tonight I will double check that our clothes, boots, socks, cell phone, disaster backpack goods, pillows, and flashlight are right next to me, either on the bed, next to the bed or on my nightstand. Everything that is the most important and immediate needs are going to be handy.

Why? - again - only takes minutes to prepare and survive than not taking the time at all to prepare and the worst happens.

BUT - I am praying and hoping that nothing bad will happen anywhere!

Everyone stay safe - and lets hope we can all celebrate together come Tuesday!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

because of her none (hopefully) but that is because she is simply not credible and not important enough.

how many freaked out because of people LIKE her thousands. remeber Y2k? how many people freaked out then? i remeber seeing a post in one of these 3 threads about how when the guy announced niburu people sold there house and built bunkers and nothing happened. so this is why people like her must be stopped.

before posting a prediction make sure you have evidence that shows it is atleast alittle credible. headaches and werid animals are not credible sources. but i guess people just like pulling things outta no where. so much easier then gettign real proof isnt it ?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

well perhaps the mods will decide in due course whether or not questioningall was justified or not when posting these topics.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll

well perhaps the mods will decide in due course whether or not questioningall was justified or not when posting these topics.

Are you serious? If this is the case than EVERY poster in the predictions & prophecies section is just as "guilty"

I have seen dozens of other threads based on web bot predictions & being prepared in case of disasters. Most less plausible than an earthquake (martial law etc... at least Earthquakes happen all the time). Why haven't I seen this same type of badgering of the OP based on topic?

I have enjoyed ALL the threads regarding these web bot predictions & animal behavior. Do I think something is going to happen because of the predictions? No. Do I think it is 100% not possible? No.

Other sources (scientists etc...) say that there is a high chance of a major earthquake along ALL the different fault-lines addressed in the postings. There is also a history of weird animal behavior prior to earthquakes.

The only thing I haven't enjoyed is the CONSTANT back and forth over whether or not this is fear mongering or scare tactics or a hoax. You can voice your opinion ONCE and then only say something if you have something NEW to add. Not just show up every now and then spewing the same drivel.

Please let's just discuss the topic on hand.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Good Evening.

I hadn't had a chance to really sit down and post, but yesterday evening on my way home I saw what I thought to be a bluish white flash in the sky in the west (no the bluish light wasn't behind me!), I thought first I was just seeing some sort of reflection from another car, but it was too high up. I turned on another road heading west and saw the same thing twice again. I would have like to have been able to watch the sky a bit closer, but I had to drive.

I noticed alot of strange looking clouds today, which I can't really describe (left camera at home), but then again we had a big front move out. At least it's clear here tonight with a great view of the moon!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Real quick...and then I have to pack, but the fact is there will be an earthquake in the New Madrid area. There will be an earthquake in California. The Yellowstone Caldera will become explosively active. Florida will be hit by more and more violent hurricanes. These things will happen. People ought to be prepared. Is this whole topic gloomy? Yes. Is it a prophesy? No. Prophesies are guesses. These things will happen because the plates are shifting beneath us with powerful pressure behind them. They will happen because the poles are slowly moving. Facts.

Whether they happen this week or next month who really cares. People ought to have been prepared for them for a hundred years now. It is unavoidable. There is no stopping the earth.

Will that make web bot a prophetic tool? No. My geology prof from undergrad told me "any day now" when I asked about these things. It was true then, it is true now.

It hurts no one to be prepared. You stated that people sold their homes because of Nibiru. Well, the smart people would try and move from highly active faults and volcanoes. I think people in places like Florida and Malibu are nuts to spend that kind of money on homes and drive up everyone else's insurance rates when companies cover them for being stupid.

Sorry. Got a little uppity there.

In short. Tesla is a little right, questioningall is a little right. Goodnight all and I hope everyone is prepared.

God bless!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well, its the 12th of December 2008 and nothing seems to have come to pass. All that writing for nothing. Nice arguement but false as far as I can see. I suppose we will all have to wait and see what new dates will pop up.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

i know why n tesla is so angry with the OP. he probably believed some of these prophecies or predictions before, scared #less and then found out they were fake. Or else why would you be so angry? this is a conspiracy site, people post stuff that might or might not be true. if you don't like what the OP is posting, you can gtfo. no one is putting a gun on you head to make you read, and apparently no one here really cares what you have to say. we like the info regardless of if the prediction will come true. go troll your sorry ass somewhere else, no one on this form wants to hear the bullsxxt coming out of your mouth

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers

10th to the 15th is the window

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
skeptics can be aholes; if anything happened before jan i'd still consider webbot as accurate.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Yes, and no. The first EQ to hit which was supposed to be the new madrid area was supposed to happen from december 10th-12th. And the second one anytime up until the 15th. So this has been disproven, but I however do agree that this will happen, but not in the dates webbot predicts.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
K, if you can't see this link, you may have to register. It is free and doesn't take long. It shows all the emergencies in the world right now. Eerie how many earthquakes there have been in California this month. Also there was just a 3.0 in Wyoming. WYOMING?!

hisz.rsoe.hu...

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join