It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I think it is now much too quiet.
Take a look at this page aslwww.cr.usgs.gov....
There is a silence before the storm..

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by coolvibe

or maybe its just quiet because nothing is happening. i beleive i mentioned fore-shocks here somewhere. no but your right continue to ignore the facts and look at animals and instinct instead,

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

So I take it you have no life and your only goal is to sit in this thread and continue to bash people. I guess because of your post counts for some reason the mods haven't said anything to you but geez give it a rest.

What point does it really serve you to keep coming in here being a jerk to people. Turn the channel, don't click the link and move on.

We all get the fact you want to say how the OP is a horrible fear monger. We get how you say this will never happen. Why don't you try and make a post or a thread that contributes something. Maybe its to far down off your pedestal that you have put yourself on and your afraid to fall.

What I and others are trying to get at here and hopefully you will take a hint this time. GO TO ANOTHER THREAD unless you have something relevant to add in this topic besides your negativity.

And a note to the moderators. I'm disappointed you would let this go on as it has. Even if you don't moderate his posts. A nice u2u or public warning to stay on topic and not just bash people ideas would go a long way.

Deny ignorance. But don't be a jerk or ass on purpose to others, it just brings down the site.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

all these thing that you have said have been brought up before. im an ass. im a jerk im a (insert name here) unforunantly this changes nothing.

and now i have a bone to pick with you

1. you are saying because i disagree with the op i shouldn't be allowed to post here? i though ats was about debate and about deny iggnoracne. hmm i must be looking for the fox news channel

2. what gives you the right to tell me my posts are worthless. im sorry that i dont record everytime i see dog wag its tail. instead i find information that has facts to back it up and that information has to do with detecting earthquakes.

so excuse me for being on my pedestal but thats only because the ground is covered in stupidity.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
What point does it really serve you to keep coming in here being a jerk to people. Turn the channel, don't click the link and move on.

oh can i answer this one.......please????

The point is (and what started it all) is that this is all based upon some webbot prediction. And all who have been longer on ATS then 3 months know that most of these predictions are useless.

Deny ignorance. But don't be a jerk or ass on purpose to others, it just brings down the site.

This is what Tesla has been doing....denying ignorance. And if you int. this as being a jerk maybe you're not prepared to except some logic thinking.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla

all these thing that you have said have been brought up before. im an ass. im a jerk im a (insert name here) unforunantly this changes nothing.

1. you are saying because i disagree with the op i shouldn't be allowed to post here? i though ats was about debate and about deny iggnoracne. hmm i must be looking for the fox news channel

2. what gives you the right to tell me my posts are worthless. im sorry that i dont record everytime i see dog wag its tail. instead i find information that has facts to back it up and that information has to do with detecting earthquakes.

so excuse me for being on my pedestal but thats only because the ground is covered in stupidity.

Why somebody would be happy they are seen as a jerk or ass I don't understand.
Reply to
1)I'm saying you have made your point about the OP and very clearly stated your opinion on the subject. Now your just posting to derail the conversation and to pick fights. Your not furthering the topic or even debunking it. Just give it time and it will take care of itself.

2) if your looking for facts I would say for a predictions thread the OP has done pretty well. If you have such a large problem with predictions you should probably avoid the forum. And I give myself the right to find your posting worthless.

This will be my last reply to him, sorry if i helped tesla get off topic.

If by chance you made it so even just a few people are more prepared for an emergency then you have done a great job OP. In a survival book I'm reading now it says to make sure your prepared but just live life and don't obsess about it. Hopefully your thread will help some come to that medium.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

i rather be called an ass hole by a bunch of ignorant people then sit back and watch as more people are sucked into a lie.

but thank you for leaving me alone. your harsh words hurt my ego

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I agree , yes major EQs will happen , it's a given.

However this entire thread is based on a web bot!!!! for goodness sakes.

I have only scanned these threads every now and then and to be honest you need a little more evidence of *enter doom scenario here* than animals acting strangely

Did it ever occur to people that once you read this thread your subconscious is going to be aware of animal behaviour? All it takes is ONE suggestion and you see it happening everywhere!

The power of suggestion is phenomenal.

I wouldn't base ANYTHING on a web bot prediction/psychic/RV/ etc

It's also amusing how some members have covered themselves in case the EQ doesn't happen. "Oh even if it happens before Jan 09 I will still believe the web bot was right"

Next will be the changing of dates and times to carry on supporting this theory, and that's just what this is: *THEORY*

I say yes, be prepared, Learn all you can about survival and disasters, but going OTT is just plain OTT.

As for N.Tesla yes he is being rude, because I believe he is frustrated & let's face it the amount of gullibility here is astounding , he is DENYING ignorance, and he is looking for FACT.

When this prediction doesn't happen, people will come up with:

*New dates

*New Excuses

*Mystical forces

etc etc

I would say to anyone who still has logic coarsing through their veins, is to avoid threads such as these.

And thats my £0.2 pence

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Tesla when it happen how should u feel then..
Think about that.
And if you don't like the topic please run into another thread that u will like.
No more trolling/bashing/flaming anymore please, i ask you now kindly.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackMumba

He BlackMumba,

I gave you a star for that last post because it says everything i would like to say if my English were better......

I've been on and off these 3 threads that questioningall made and i have to give it to her, she like to gather info and has lot of time on her hands but fact remains all of this is based upon predictions by webbot.....

'nough said.......

As for N.Tesla ,i can't blame him for being "rude?", you try convincing this much people of how wrong this thread is.....

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolvibe

Tesla when it happen how should u feel then..
Think about that.
And if you don't like the topic please run into another thread that u will like.
No more trolling/bashing/flaming anymore please, i ask you now kindly.

i have thought about that and i will feel nothing. because even if it does happen then does it mean that the op was right? nope. in fact she took the web bots words and twisted them. for those not paying attention the web bot said the shake will be in cali. op said new madrid. so what if the wrong people are preparing thought about that?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You know what - SHAME ON BOTH OF YOU!!!

I live in Colorado and I am prepared!!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrObserver

Good for you, i mean that!!!

I live in Holland and i'm also prepared but that is not because of some prediction somebody made but because i use my common sence....

Notice the difference..

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
hey i'm also from holland and sort of prepared.
Difference there is for sure.
Noticed the last quake's last hour or so, indian ridge last 3 above M5.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well questioningall,

Thanks for warning all the people living near the New Madrid area. And i realize you're trying to save lives by warning people so let me contribute a little info aswell.
On the island LaPalma of the coast of west-africa there is a volcano named "Cumbra Vieja" ,when this baby blows a megatsunami will be heading for the east coast of america. So everybody in that area please run and hide!!......pref. not to running towards the middle of the country because of a megaquake on the new madrid faultline.....oh don't go to west America because st.andreas faultline about to let cali slide into the pacific.......

Conclusion: everybody!!! leave Amrica right now 'cause you're not save anywere.....

May i suggest : Canada....very nice this time of year.....on second thought....beware of meteors!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

omg your so right i will pack my bags now and move to the sacred peacefullness of greenland, see how easy it is to fear monger.

[edit on 07/17/2008 by N. Tesla]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by BlackMumba

He BlackMumba,

I gave you a star for that last post because it says everything i would like to say if my English were better......

I've been on and off these 3 threads that questioningall made and i have to give it to her, she like to gather info and has lot of time on her hands but fact remains all of this is based upon predictions by webbot.....

'nough said.......

As for N.Tesla ,i can't blame him for being "rude?", you try convincing this much people of how wrong this thread is.....

Thanks, I also agree, with the N.Tesla statement: It is frustrating trying to convince people to use logic & fact.

Sure signs are everywhere, keep your eyes open, be prepared but don't take it to the Nth degree.

I think QuestioningAll has done a lot of work, and has put pieces of puzzles together, but it is still all based on a Web bot.

I don't like predictions because they slow everyone down, they take away from fact and logic. In everything there should be a balance (Thinking/circumstance)

I am sure there will be earthquakes of huge magnitude, and disasters, bombs, panic.

I also believe heavily in the power of suggestion, the mind can convince you of anything , all it takes is someone to plant or suggest *Whatever peaks your interest* and your subconscious will work behind the scenes, you will start to see evidence everywhere.

The media do a great job with NLP and other programming, hence why I stay away from TV, Media, Cinema etc

It is dangerous ground, I used to dig and dig and dig and find myself completely immersed in a topic until I found myself becoming obsessive with it to the point where I really believed *whatever* && I got carried away.

Time to step back, look at the evidence from afar, take it into consideration but don't allow yourselves to become overtaken by it, (whatever that may be)

Some people really do dive into the deep end feet first , they believe anything if it suits their own ideas of *doom, etc*

I get so tired of what I like to call *Disney Card Carrying Conspiracy Theorists* it's like a Disney corporation of people/members who live in a fantasy created universe and dream up conspiracies of absolutely ridiculous proportions.

Lastly kudos to the people being prepared! that is awesome, no doubt about it, it's sensible.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
OMG..i go away for a few days, come back to check on this thread..and TESLA is still here? He's still reeking havoc and making people give him attention!!! Everyone flocks to him and answers his post like their life depends on it..please look at what you're doing...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

using logic and reason and facts to debate a statement. your right how dare i. i shall warn the proper authorities at once.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

using logic and reason and facts to debate a statement. your right how dare i. i shall warn the proper authorities at once.

You're missing the point. This thread is a "prediction/prophecy" thread. Get over it- it revolves around speculation that may or may not revolve around concrete information. Hunches based on perceived statistical anomalies? Sure.

And I've already posted this before, but I'll tell you specifically because you keep making this claim-- the web bot guys aren't saying specifically California. New Madrid isn't ruled out either. Look back on one of the few posts I've done by clicking on my screen name, and there you go- you'll find what I wrote concerning this.

Furthermore, since you like "facts" so much, here are some real predictions the web bots made in the past that indeed came true-- the internet archives are there to prove it:

*China earthquake in May 2008 (predictions before event): www.urbansurvival.com...

*Northeast Blackout of 2003: www.urbansurvival.com...

*9/11 and others: urbansurvival.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> urbansurvival.com...

*2004 Sumatra Tsunami / earthquake: www.urbansurvival.com...

*And of course, the start of the economic collapse we're experience now was predicted over 1 1/2 years go to be precisely in October 2008.

People who dismiss the last one (the October 7th prediction) as a bust are saying this because they completely misinterpreted the prediction and ran with it-- the whole "much greater than 9/11" thing. You see, you have to wrap your mind around the whole notion of effect on the global consciousness-- and in this sense, you can see how the economic crisis, which is in fact what they predicted, could be considered "much greater than 9/11", in this framing-- the impact is on many more people, for a much longer duration, and in a lot of ways in a bigger way. Furthermore, they explicitly said it wasn't a SPECIFIC event, but was "40% military(includes terrorism), 40% economic, and 20% terra", over the course of 5 months. And it has been a bumpy ride so far in those departments (minus terra, which is expected to come soon), now hasn't it?

NTesla, you keep saying you're a defender of TRUTH, but the fact of the matter is that you really come across as a small minded "know-it-all" that is more hell bent on APPEARING correct and convincing yourself that you're correct, without actually doing the real LEGWORK to figure out what the truth really is. Because if you were doing that LEGWORK, you would be a bit more intellectually honest and not be so foolishly assertive about things that you actually don't know about (you've demonstrated this with the web bot discussion repeatedly).

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join