It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthchild
Ok, I'm looking at the site that someone linked above with emergency and disater information RSOE EDIS

If you scroll down to read under Earthquake events in the last 12hrs, why are there 3 big events in Australia yet they aren't listed on any other site?

The 6.1 that was in Western Australia they have listeds their source as USGS, but it's not on the USGS maps.

Any idea why??

Yeah, I have noticed they are not showing up on the USGS site too.

This site aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

show activity in Australia and Antartica - but it doesn't show on the USGS.

The Australia and Antartica was from this morning too.

I don't get why it is not on the site.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Well if people would read they might learn that :

Why do some earthquakes disappear?
The earthquake data shown here is automatically generated and despite our best efforts some glitches will create bogus earthquakes. When we find a bogus event, usually by studying the seismograms, we delete it and careful observers may notice that an earthquake has disappeared. This often happens after a large earthquake when our systems don't realize that all of the seismograms were created by a single event. In this case, one earthquake will turn into multiple "events" on the maps. In other cases problems in our telemetry systems that bring the data from our seismometers to our computers create glitches that also can create bogus events. For these reasons it is very important to remember that this data is preliminary and when events disappear they weren't real to begin with.

From the USGS-site, for everybody to read......

[edit on 13/12/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Thanks for the link, I get that explanation.
I'm from Queensland,Aust, but had never heard of 'Royland' where that website had listed a 5.8, and 5.5 event in the last 12 hrs.

Anyway, a google serach gives this Royland, Queensland, Australia
and Royland, QLD, Aust
with co- ordinates
Latitude/longitude:
49°23′59″S 127°09′00″E
Decimal coordinates:
-49.4000 127.1500
Altitude:
ca. 0 m.a.s.l. (approximate)

Thats in the middle of the ocean down between Western Australia and Antartica, nowhere near Queensland.
Does that mean the described quake was the one in Antarctica?
I'm confused.
PS: sorry for slightly off topic questions

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by earthchild

well giving the fact that the data is automatically generated, at first nobody is there to check the data and ,as they explain problems in their telemetry systems that bring the data from their seismometers to their computers create glitches that also can create bogus events ,means the location is sometimes wrong aswell.
Only untill an expert looks at the event and studies all the data they can say for sure what happened.
So in short,

Does that mean the described quake was the one in Antarctica?
yes that is what it means.......

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

My question to you....is it even possible for people to subconsciously browse the internet or to subconsciously enter certain keyword for a webbot to pick up???....... But i'm willing to entertain this little fairytale we've got going on here so please explain to me how software can tap into my and everybody elses subconscious........that is what you are saying ,right?????

The idea is that a key "concept" will trigger an abnormal emotional response that will leak into your writing. This emotional content can be quantified in this say-- on a scale of 1-10, you could say "sad" is a 3, and "depressed" is a 7. OR something like that. But that's the idea. More or less this is just like what Freud's various theories centered on, except that you're dealing with future events as opposed to the past.

And as far as scaling the "precognition effect I had alluded to from 6 seconds to 6 months-- all I can say is this-- why not, if time is considered to be a dimension just like the three other dimensions we're familiar with? Physicists like Brian Greene will readily tell you that there's no known law of physics that would make going backwards in time anymore plausible than forwards, and the working theory is that our "forward sense" was set at the big bang.

Of course you get into pickles like "could I possibly kill my grandfather when he was a baby?" but then that's where the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics comes in. I take "seeing into the future" via the web bots as akin to seeing what's directly ahead in a temporal trajectory. The temporal trajectory can be thought of as having high "temporal inertia" for some events (like the global economic crisis), and others as having relatively low "temporal inertia" (i.e. whether or not you go to somebody's birthday).

So...chew on that mindcrime. Try a little harder here, will ya?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Thanks,
I wondered if something may have been 'lost in translation' since that particular site originated in Hungary.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJRWhat I and others are trying to get at here and hopefully you will take a hint this time. GO TO ANOTHER THREAD unless you have something relevant to add in this topic besides your negativity.

Erm... this thread has gone all upside down. You mean you're all damn right sure that there's going to be a HUGE massive earthquake in the next couple of days, yet you claim that N Tesla is the negative one here???

I thought he was one who keeps saying that nothing's going to happen...

Whatever...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Originally posted by citnaj

And as far as scaling the "precognition effect I had alluded to from 6 seconds to 6 months-- all I can say is this-- why not,

So this is it huh??.....You're the same person who said...

So my word out to you "mindcrime", "NTesla" and so on: Learn the difference between asserting that you're logical and correct versus actually being correct. Unless you're a shill, I do suppose you are interested in intellectual honesty, no?

Your answer is......."why not"...well maybe because of a little thing called proof. Proof to me we can subconsciously see 6 months into the future. I know all you want to say about quantum mechanics but those rules do not apply in the real world. If so i would like you to explain to me for instance something like superposition effecting the real world......because i'd be sitting on a beach in hawaii right now.....

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I really have mixed feelings about this thread. On the one hand, I understand the reasons for posting this. She sincerely believes that she is on to something and is trying to warn people to possibly save lives.

Yet on the other, by using non scientific data and subjection, this is creating fear mongering. After reading further, it also appears as though there's a delusional mindset with the OP to want to see this happen so that there can be an "I told you so".

And in reality, where would over 15 million people go if this were true? where?

I don't believe we need any more fear mongoring ... too many people out of a job, wars escalating and international tensions rising.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
RussianScientists do you have any information on why so many quakes are happening at 6.2 miles depth? This has been brought up by others and it is very interesting. Any idea what is causing that?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
I also posted this in the other earthquake thread.

OK, I was finally able to get a hold of the earthquake scientist Jim Berkland, the scientist that was able to accurately predict the 1994 Northridge, California earthquake before it happened. I asked him about this issue and everything being said about it.

I was told the following (and PLEASE note that I am NOT trying to make a prediction, nor scare anyone, I'm just stating what he said):

"Based on the nature of the supermoon phase of the period in and around December 12th, 2008, and the relationship of the heavenly bodies' gravitational pull towards the mainly affected fault zones on the Earth, I am able to estimate that there is an 85% probability that a magnitude 8 plus megaquake or a series of magnitude 8 plus megaquakes will strike in the New Madrid fault zone like happened previously in the years 1811-1812. This means that within a period of time from December 12th to roughly 2-3 weeks after that there is an 85% chance that a megaquake or a series of megaquakes will hit in the Arkansas/Missouri New Madrid fault zone area."

How did you manage to reach Jim Berkland on vacation? I contacted Cal Orey and she posted Jim's latest forecast on the url below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Jim Berkland 's biographer, good friend...I am going to say that this is a rumor. I do not believe he would have said an 8.0 quake would be the result this month. Look at his forecast. Once again, after posting the below post I will post Berkland's Dec. eq forecast. Also, he forecasts for 4 regions every month; he will make a MOSS prediction sometimes but I doubt that he forecasted such a quake/mag...He is gone till Dec. 19...so no way to know for sure. But I seriously doubt he'd predict a great quake in this manner. Oh, and working with him on The Man Who Predicts Earthquakes...he would never say "heavenly bodies'" or a "series of 8 plus megaquakes."

www.websitetoolbox.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Your answer is......."why not"...well maybe because of a little thing called proof. Proof to me we can subconsciously see 6 months into the future. I know all you want to say about quantum mechanics but those rules do not apply in the real world. If so i would like you to explain to me for instance something like superposition effecting the real world......because i'd be sitting on a beach in hawaii right now.....

Of course I can't "proof to you" at this, and you know that. It's speculation, but based on known facts and working theories that are generally accepted. A conjecture is being proposed, in other words.

BUT to answer your question- here's something interesting to think about-- there is at least one biological precedent to utilizing quantum mechanical effects- photosynthesis. New Quantum Secrets of Photosynthesis. My belief is that there are most likely quantum mechanical effects being exploited in the brain as well, and I'm not alone in this suggestion.

There are known laboratory instances of apparent backwards in time propagation in quantum mechanics:

Einstein ridiculed the idea as "spooky action at a distance." Quantum mechanics must be wrong, the father of relativity contended, because that behavior requires some kind of "signal" passing between the two particles at a speed faster than light. This is where going backward in time comes in. If the entanglement happens (and the experimental evidence, at this point, says it does), Cramer contends it implies retrocausality. Instead of cause and effect, the effect comes before the cause. The simplest, least paradoxical explanation for that, he says, is that some kind of signal or communication occurs between the two photons in reverse time.

Soo...basically the core concept that I'm proposing is this- the mind exploits quantum mechanical effects to a certain degree, and this is the mechanism by which the future mental content of humanity can propagate into the past and be expressed through disproportional emotional responses to the subconsciously perceived future events, albeit in a somewhat muddled way.

So, mindcrime, no, I can't "prove" it at this point. I certainly pay a bit of attention to subjects like these, however, because they provide, in my opinion, a good potential for leading us to new discoveries about how the universe works. That's all. And a lot of the people who follow this stuff aren't by any means stupid either, as you and a few others seem to insist.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by citnaj]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by earthchild

There was most definitely something lost in translation. When I read your earlier post about a 6-plus in Australia I freaked...
...because I have family there!

Anyway, it's all very simple. These quakes are in the "Australia Region" from the point of view of USGS. The 6.1 (downgraded to a 5.9) was located at 48.942°S, 123.319°E, and around 1,000 miles sth of Albany, Western Australia. (ie, about 1240 SSE of Perth, the W.A. capital.) However, that Hungarian site says:

1,615 km (0.62 miles) S of Albany, State of Western Australia.

The problem is that here in Europe, many countries use a comma like we use a decimal. So they read "1,615" km as "1.615" km, which is actually just a tad under a mile, not 0.62 miles as they say. So their conversions are also wrong.

Long story short: we have to read the co-ordinates, not just the place names.

Thanks for your posts. And by the way 9for anyone who's reading and is interested), the USGS does remove quakes from maps. Sometimes it's for a valid reason, but there are some areas that have a high number of "removed" quakes. Around Yellowstone, for example, and parts of Utah and Nevada.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Einstein ridiculed the idea as "spooky action at a distance." Quantum mechanics must be wrong, the father of relativity contended, because that behavior requires some kind of "signal" passing between the two particles at a speed faster than light. This is where going backward in time comes in. If the entanglement happens (and the experimental evidence, at this point, says it does), Cramer contends it implies retrocausality. Instead of cause and effect, the effect comes before the cause. The simplest, least paradoxical explanation for that, he says, is that some kind of signal or communication occurs between the two photons in reverse time.

Dude...you do realize that when you're talking about the effect coming before the cause you're talking about for instance the brain registating a certain pain impuls millisec. before the pain is accually inflicted.

Milliseconds is the key word here. Yes in quantum mechanics this is possible but for the second time this does not appy to the real world and knowing things months in advance........

Soo...basically the core concept that I'm proposing is this- the mind exploits quantum mechanical effects to a certain degree, and this is the mechanism by which the future mental content of humanity can propagate into the past and be expressed through disproportional emotional responses to the subconsciously perceived future events, albeit in a somewhat muddled way.

To a certain degree.....you said it right!!!

So, mindcrime, no, I can't "prove" it at this point. I certainly pay a bit of attention to subjects like these, however, because they provide, in my opinion, a good potential for leading us to new discoveries about how the universe works. That's all. And a lot of the people who follow this stuff aren't by any means stupid either, as you and a few others seem to insist.

Who insisting this???....not me. My take in all of this is that somebody is warning people to be alert and letting them watch animal behaviour when there is no scientific basis for it.
If anything ,it is your scientific attitude that is somewhat disappointing :

So my word out to you "mindcrime", "NTesla" and so on: Learn the difference between asserting that you're logical and correct versus actually being correct. Unless you're a shill, I do suppose you are interested in intellectual honesty, no?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So many posts defending a stance that was brought on by a "bot".

If it happens, it happens... If it doesn't, then less graves to dig.

That is a good thing.

Will we (USA) be hit by a huge EQ? You better believe it.

Do we know when, doubtful. Oh, I am sure there will be quakes that give us a heads-up that one is coming.

Lets use this site as it is meant, AMUSEMENT.

Entertainment, amusement, and speculation.... welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
^
That right there is what everyone should read and get in their heads.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I noticed that all the volcano alerts were way up there too.
Iris is lit up with lots of yellow circles.
I always check Iris that records only the 4+ quakes.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
OK mindcrime, well, I guess I take for granted a lot of the information I soak up on a daily basis, so you may have missed this one, but it's key: time and space can be treated as indistinguishable in the quantum mechanical world, asas this paper demonstrates from 2004 . So basically the gist of this paper is that just as quantum entanglement can transverse the universe instantaneously in the three familiar dimensions, so it happens to be that it applies to time as well.

If anything ,it is your scientific attitude that is somewhat disappointing :

I don't even know how to address this. It doesn't even make sense to attack that as a bad scientific attitude, because I'm asking YOU to be thorough, and a bit less dismissive...there's a lot we don't know, bro.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

OK mindcrime, well, I guess I take for granted a lot of the information I soak up on a daily basis, so you may have missed this one, but it's key: time and space can be treated as indistinguishable in the quantum mechanical world,

In the quatum mechanical world!!!....yes ,you are correct. But we are talking about a piece of software scanning the internet looking for keywords and giving them a value. Your Freud explanation made more sense then what you are getting at right now.
How can people consciously, all over the world, be typing things on their keyboard have any correlation to the quatum mechanic world??

So basically the gist of this paper is that just as quantum entanglement can transverse the universe instantaneously in the three familiar dimensions, so it happens to be that it applies to time as well.

Three dimensions, h*ll why stop there ,if i'm not mistaken in the quatum mechanic world you can get up to eleven dimensions. Why not take those into account aswell when predicting real world events??

I don't even know how to address this. It doesn't even make sense to attack that as a bad scientific attitude, because I'm asking YOU to be thorough, and a bit less dismissive...there's a lot we don't know, bro.

The fact that this last statement makes absolutly no sense has everything to do with the fact that i'm drunk right now and it's saturday night overhere...how are things on your side??

Agreed, there is a lot we don't know and i'm more than open to suggestions but to go as far as to take webbot predictions a fact is stretching it a little to far ,even by my standards.....

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
I really have mixed feelings about this thread. On the one hand, I understand the reasons for posting this. She sincerely believes that she is on to something and is trying to warn people to possibly save lives.

Yet on the other, by using non scientific data and subjection, this is creating fear mongering. After reading further, it also appears as though there's a delusional mindset with the OP to want to see this happen so that there can be an "I told you so".

And in reality, where would over 15 million people go if this were true? where?

I don't believe we need any more fear mongoring ... too many people out of a job, wars escalating and international tensions rising.

For you to say I want this to happen is unbelievable - how dare you!

First - Yes - I have followed the webbot and since they have been correct on almost everything - with especially EQ's in the past.

So I did a warning post - but also since they have not said where - I wanted to do a research thread - and so on.

So I will be THRILLED - AND I MEAN THRILLED - come Tuesday and NO EQ happened!!

That is just PURE SICK - to say ANYONE would want thousands of people to die to "be right"! HOW DARE YOU to say I would!

It is nothing to be wrong - I have been wrong thousands and millions of times in my life - and I will be wrong thousands more times and that is all right with me!

Don't you EVER dare say something like that again - if in the end - good came out of these threads from people taking and learning precautions and tips on survival and preparing - wonderful.

I will feel no shame ONLY HAPPINESS - come Tuesday and no big EQ happened.

I am feeling better and better now - thinking nothing will happen - which is now a load that is being lightened and I am not as worried either, in fact I hope to get a decent night's sleep tonight for the first time in days.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join