It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Christian or a Paulian?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Jesus represents the way, meaning the way of laying down self and service to others. It is all or nothing, and that is ALL by the way. That is truly why we are on a very long journey, because we have to show up with others. Jesus showed us the way out of stagnation, and prison, the lower dimensions where some get trapped for a while. The higher we advance, the more service we can bring to this multiverse. Due to those tying him in with Egypt, and Hoagland tying Egypt in with Mars, I believe Jesus represents an off planet, universal savior.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Simplynoone

And according to your Christian belief, he gave you that life, through his sacrifice, no?

Yes and I am not trying to downgrade that ...I was just pointing out that I consider myself serving a LIVING JESUS not a dead one and even though his death means alot to me I do not concentrait solely on that ......I was replying to Badmedias post ...................

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by mystiq

I don't see how anyone can miss the point of the crucifixion and the resurrection.

The point of the resurrection is to show that the Son of God cannot be destroyed or harmed.
If the Son of God cannot be destroyed or harmed, then there is no guilt.
If there is no guilt, then innocence is the truth.
The truth is necessary for the "atonement" of the Son of God.
The "atonement" is the re-one-ment of the Son of God.
The truth of innocence is necessary if the Son of God is to be reunified.
Innocence is the basis of "forgiveness".
Forgiveness is necessary to return to *Our Father*...as One.
The dispersion of the Son of God is "man".
"Man" is the "prodigal son".
"Man" denies he is the Son of God.
"Man" does not believe he is Christ.
Unbelief in Christ is "sin"...seriously insane notions...insanity.
"Man" is born of insanity.
So,
"The son of man" is "born to die".
This is insane.
"Man" is a manifestation of confusion and mental illness.
"Man" behaves accordingly.
Behavioral modification will not "save" man.
Sanity saves man from himself.
Man is the manifestation of insanity..."sin".
Else man would not be born to die.
Man is not a "sinner".
Man did not "sin".
Man is to *prove* that sin is the truth.
Sin denies Christ.
So,
Sin denies Reality.
So,
Sin is insanity.
Jesus had a healed mind.
Jesus mind was "saved".
Jesus understood that the mind that believes in separation, guilt, exile and death...
...is a SLEEPING MIND.
Therefore, salvation is a WAKING MIND.
The resurrection of Jesus was the symbol of a waking mind.
Jesus is the first mind to wake up from a dream of death in the mind of the Son of God.
The resurrection of Jesus demonstrates, enparody, that the mind of the Son of God cannot be destroyed by what is anti Christ within it.
Man is an engine of destruction in the mind of Christ.
S.a.t.a.n. is an engine of destruction in the mind of Christ.
S.a.t.a.n is a separation analogue...a machine...a thought system incompatible with the ways of GoD.
Man is made in the image of a separation analogue.
The machine and its effects - "all things" - are made by the Son of God.
They are not "created".
They are toys.
The toys play with death.
One who accepts himself as the maker of the world has no more use for toys.
So Jesus put away the toys of death.
Jesus "died" to toyhood.
The Son of God - Christ - stepped in to fill an empty shell of trust that was Jesus.
There was no more Jesus.
There was only a symbol of truth.
Jesus demonstrated the "journey" of the "prodigal Son".
Jesus showed the way "back"..."home".
Jesus tells the story of the mind of the Son of God.
Jesus tells the story in both parable and parody.
The crucifixion and resurrection are parodies.
Parodies and parables point to the truth, for those "with ears to hear".
Jesus was well awake, long before the resurrection demonstration.
The resurrection demonstrates that Life is the truth.
So,
Death must be a lie.
Everything that justifies death is also a lie.
Guilt seems to justify death.
But guilt is also a lie.
The resurrection proves that guilt is a lie.
This enables the "atonement" to begin.
The "atonement" ends when all is "forgiven".
Forgiveness sees no guilt, in anyone.
This is not the forgiveness Paul teaches.
Paul does not teach forgiveness.
Paul teaches guilt as truth.

Christ!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

Well said. Death is not real. This is another thing I learned. Consciousness is god, and consciousness can not be created or destroyed. I was shown death was not real, but I proved this too myself while trying to create intelligence with programming.

I came to realize that there is no way I can actually create consciousness. It is logically impossible. I can create something which will appear intelligent, but it is never actually thinking for itself, it will merely be repeating the patterns of logic I set for it too. I could using logic create something that would appear and seem completely real and act in many ways like a human being, but it would have no consciousness in it. There would be no consciousness in it. No state of "I AM". That state of I AM is the divine in each of us. It would not be possible to give it free will.

You can not even create a truly random number in a computer. They are random enough to suit our purposes, but random isn't allowed.

The only way to give it consciousness, and thus free will, which are requirements for actual intelligence, would be to put my consciousness into it. The only way free will can exist is for all possibilities to be possible.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I Corinthians 15

For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead cames also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. And if Christ has not raised your faith is futile; you are still in your
sins.

Paul heard, with his ears, the gospel. He heard with his ears because he brought charges against those who were spreading the gospel. These phrases are adaptations of early teachings of the gospel. Paul does not use the phrases in context, because he did not understand the gospel. Paul did not understand the gospel because he was against the gospel. The gospel was not, subsequently, forced down Paul's throat. That is not a manifestation of truth. That is not the way of truth. So what Paul experienced on the road to Damascus was not of the truth. Rather, it was of the gOd of this world, which mocks the truth with its own. Paul's "truth" forces the truth to conform to the principles of the Pharisee. Paul was a student of Gamaliel, a Pharisee. Pauls theology adapts Judaism to include Gentiles by means of an astonishing "sacrifice". Guilt is "sold", and then the "solution" is "sold". This is exactly what the money changers were doing in the temple. So Paul is a kind of money changer, selling guilt to the innocent in the name of GoD.

The "lamb of GoD" "takes away the sins of the world" because the lamb of GoD is the Truth.
The Truth takes away the sins of the world, because...
The truth is: there is no sin...there is no guilt.
This also means: there is not world.
This means: the world is a dream.
This means: the world is a dream of sin and death.
This means: there is one mind.
This means: there is one dreamer.
This means: there is one salvation.
This means that salvation is to wake up to the truth.
A sleeping mind denies it is the Son of God.
A waking mind "confesses" it is the Son of God.
A waking mind "confesses" it is the maker of the world.
Only as it so confesses, is it so forgiven.
Forgiveness says: the world does not exist.
Forgiveness says: the world is a dream.
Forgiveness says: there is no sin.
Forgiveness says: I am the Lord of my experiences. Therefore, no one has sinned against me.
Forgiveness says: All are one.
Therefore all are the lord of their experiences, "good" or "bad".
Therefore there is no sin.
There are only experiences.
The world is FOR experiences.
The world answer a question, experientially.
The world is the expression of freedom.
The world denies reality.
Denial is an expression of freedom.
Reality is Christ.
The world is free to deny Christ.
It is impossible to deny Christ.
So the world must be a game...a mind trick...imagination...a dream.
Nothing in the world means anything.
Its purpose satisfies curiosity.
That is all.

Adam is a symbol of the mind that denies it is Christ.
The denial of Christ manifests man.
Jesus is a symbol of the mind that accepts itself as Christ.
The acceptance of Christ is the denial of personhood.
It is impossible to accept Christ, and believe in personhood at the same time.
These are irreconcilable.
To attempt to reconcile the irreconcilable is magic.
The world is magic.
The world is an attempt to reconcile "good and evil".
So the world is impossible.
So the world is an hallucination.
So the world is an "illusion".
The illusion is in a mind.
The mind belongs to the Son of God.
The illusion does not exist.
The Son of God does exist...as Reality itself...as "the Kingdom of God".

Christ!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well what about when people say Paul was given authority by Jesus? Of course it's his word only. I'm a gnostic Christian so I've never really cared for Paul even when I was a "regular" Protestant Christian.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

I dont choose to think the ways of God through Adam and Christ are all laid before our eyes, I dont choose to assume I know those answers about a man named Adam, supposedly the first man who knew many things (where does cave man fit in here)?

Do you not find it ironic that in order for Christ to die for our sins, his death was a requirement?? This requirements FORCES man to go against a commandment, 'do not kill'. So God made a way that makes man kill?

The killing was of man, the living was of God. Jesus was rightous, God was ONE with Jesus, Jesus could not fight his death that man wished apone him because this would not be the nature of God.

Death is a part of the material world. Material worlds revolve around a order, science shows us this order. Man finds this a hard thing to cope with, the idea of death. Christ showed us not to fear this death (if you and Thee have become ONE)...for this isnt TRUE LIFE.

Many verses you quote mean deep things to me, but Im sure we see them differently. I see Christ as the highest embodiment of God, the purest human form that has taken the ONE to full meaning. It was a awakening, as others have put it, of the united consciousness showing itself in human form.

I prefer to not get too into the whole Adam and Eve thing for we do not know if they were real people or if they represented a WHOLE UNIT such as Adam=mankind and Eve=life. Through mankind, the spirit can die, through Christ, mankind can be shown true life. I dont believe for one second that all of this chaos in this fleshy world has to do with Adam and Eve doing wrong. I believe its just a process of sifting light from dark, spirit from matter....for the soul to grow with experiences and opportunities.

Every material world would have sorrow, every material world would have temptations that probably wouldn't be good for the beings on it (greed, pride, lust, hate, ect...). The darkness is material worlds, which are vibrations of light that spirit can dwell in for experiences. I believe there are many worlds that souls can choose for experiences. We might not like it, but growth comes from catastrophes and hardships, thankfulness comes from experiences of being without and seeing the worth of what we have...there would be no growth for a soul without the darkness....without the material world.

Love
LV

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Yes and I am not trying to downgrade that ...I was just pointing out that I consider myself serving a LIVING JESUS not a dead one and even though his death means alot to me I do not concentrait solely on that ......I was replying to Badmedias post ...................

I didn't say they worshiped a dead christ. I said they worship Christs death as a sacrifice because they believe all they have to do is "accept Jesus" and then they are "saved", and that christ basically walked the path for them, so they do not have to.

That is the lie the church pushes out. Jesus says you will need to walk the path yourself. That by his example you will know the truth, and then you will walk the path. He rises after to prove what he told you when walking that path - not to fear those who have no power after you die.

Walking the path of Jesus is the narrow path. The church of Paul says you only need to accept Jesus died for you, and that you are saved. That Jesus did all the work for you, instead of him loving you so much he faced all that to give you an example. And then as history has shown, they then get these people do things in the name of Jesus.

It's like this - the garden is a place where nobody sins. You take from the apple and you are pushed out of the garden to save the tree of life(everyone who does not sin), as you will be full of sin there. This is not done as punishment, but as protection. It is made very clear in genesis.

To get back into the garden, you must gain knowledge and understanding of both good and evil. From that you can gain understanding of how to not sin, and how to follow the commandments. You do not follow them out of fear, like the church talks about. You follow them because you understand why they need to be followed.

Men were given the commandments, but they were taking things too literal, and did not have understanding. God loved the world, so he comes as Jesus to fulfill the law. That means, he came to give people understanding of the commandments, and what it means to follow and be good/right in the eyes of god.

By following the example he suffered to give you, then you can get back into heaven. It is not a matter of going to heaven or hell only. Jesus tells where the different people will go. Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth. It doesn't say the meek go to heaven or hell, and the part about heaven being on earth means it comes down to earth, not that earth will be heaven. As well, it says who will go to heaven, and he would have no reason to make that distinction if earth = heaven.

The path of the church is a very wide path. If the rich man came to the church as the rich man came to Jesus, how would each reply? Jesus told the rich man to give his riches to the poor, and to walk the path. The church tells the rich man to give his riches to them, and to just accept that Jesus died for him, and he will be saved.

I do not mean to bunch all churches together. I am really only talking about a certain and very vital belief that is held by the accepted churches, which got accepted by forcing itself on people. With this simple and small change in the belief, it has in effect lead people away from the true and narrow path of Jesus. From that point, I've mostly been trying to show how they are not the same paths.

If you truly have the holy spirit, you will not need the words of Paul to understand Jesus. You will have your own understanding. This was a promise to you from Jesus in John 14.

Christ! was exactly right when he said death is not real. That is what Jesus proved when he rose from the dead. That they could kill his body, but they could not kill him.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Simplynoone

And according to your Christian belief, he gave you that life, through his sacrifice, no?

I know, but you never reply to my posts. So I take all opportunities

Thanks for replying to that one.

My point was, oftentimes to non-Christians, the focus on the sacrifice looks like a focus on the death.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittlePinky82
Well what about when people say Paul was given authority by Jesus? Of course it's his word only. I'm a gnostic Christian so I've never really cared for Paul even when I was a "regular" Protestant Christian.

He was told exactly the opposite. Jesus told them not to make themselves leaders, not to call themselves rabbi's(preachers), that they were equals with their fellow men.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittlePinky82

I answer that in the first paragraph above. Paul had authority to do whatever he wanted, just as every "lord" is lord of his experience. Jesus was "Lord", but, so is "the least of my bretheren". Equals do not command, or give authority that was not already one's birthright. A Lord who knows he is Lord guides, like a shepherd, those who would accept guidance.

Paul was not at all in the mood to accept guidance. So, a Lord would not be in the mood to knock him off his high horse. It is not an attribute of truth. The truth does not defend itself. The truth is meek. The truth simply states its case and lets the chips fall where they may. The truth does not complain about persecution. The truth does not believe in persecution because the truth does not believe in victimhood because the truth knows itself as Lord. A lord cannot be a victim. The truth also believes in equality. Therefore, there is no such thing as victimhood.

Paul had freedom to think what he wanted, just as the Pharisee had freedom to think what they wanted. And the sheeple are free to believe what they want. In this way, everyone gets what they want. The truth opens eyes, it does not blind them. Why would "Jesus" blind Paul when he could just as easily opened his eyes? No, these are not the "tracks" of the truth. These events, which seem to make Paul an apostolic authority on the true meaning of the message of Jesus, betray the ways of the world...the ways of the gOd of this world. The gOd of this world...its domain...is all of consciousness and perception. It manifests man. It is perfectly capable of decieving man with voices and visions. Man is FOR self-deception. Man is easily decieved. The ways of the gOd of this world is the way of separation, differences, and...special status. Paul verily drips of special status...boasting how he recieved "the gospel" apart from any of the other apostles. Let us not underestimate the domain of consciousness, and how we "pray" to be decieved by it. Paul was a walking, talking "prayer" to be decieved. He ran around the middle east hunting down truth tellers, not the least of whom was Stephen. His presence and assent to the stoning of Stephen is highly symbolic. Paul could wreak far more havok be embedding within true-sounding jargon. Its called "sophistry". And men have suffered and died as they have purchased what it is that Paul sold. In this way, he did not change stripes at all, merely a change of tactics. Paul was decieved. He sowed confusion and reaped confusion. The fruits are confusing.

Then he died. This is confusing, when the gospel suggests that those who take Jesus' words to heart may not taste death.

Christ!

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Christ!]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Men were given the commandments, but they were taking things too literal, and did not have understanding. God loved the world, so he comes as Jesus to fulfill the law. That means, he came to give people understanding of the commandments, and what it means to follow and be good/right in the eyes of god.

If you truly have the holy spirit, you will not need the words of Paul to understand Jesus. You will have your own understanding. This was a promise to you from Jesus in John 14.

Christ! was exactly right when he said death is not real. That is what Jesus proved when he rose from the dead. That they could kill his body, but they could not kill him.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by badmedia]

Everyone has the Holy Spirit. This is primarily what makes everyone equals. Not everyone listens to the Holy Spirit. But because everyone has the Holy Spirit, he can "recognize" truth when he "hears" it because "the truth is written on the heart". Jesus did not "give" the apostes anything they did not already have. He gave them awareness of what they had.

The Holy Spirit is "the Savior of the world". The Holy Spirit is in charge of mending the mind of the Son of God as it is expressed as "the prodigal son". It is the Holy Spirit who goes after the prodigal son [wandering mind] and brings it back "home". So it is the Holy Spirit who "comes to save the world"...which is the wandering mind of the prodigal son. When the prodigal son "dies" to personhood, as Jesus did, the Holy Spirit begins to speak as "the way, the truth and the life"...in first person.

Jesus spoke in first person Holy Spirit because there was no more Jesus. And so, it is interpreted that Jesus is the savior. No. Jesus fulfilled a role in the plan of salvation. Without that role being fulfilled, "none would be saved". But because all are equals, it is equally true that each one has a role to play in salvation, which can only be fulfilled as each one lays down his life, that the Holy Spirit may take it up as his own. In this way, each one recognizines that the Holy Spirit is "the Son of God"..."Christ"..."Self". Hence, to "accept" Christ is to accept that your true identity is that of the Holy Spirit...the Son of God. To accept Christ is to deny you are a person. Conversely, to assert one's personhood is to deny Christ.

God loves the world the Holy Spirit sees. When you identify with the Holy Spirit as your Self, you "see" another world. It is a beautiful and loving and lovable world. It is a transitionary world. It is "seen" within the realm of perception. It is not "heaven" or "paradise". It is "the way" to heaven...back home. There is nothing to percieve in the Kingdom of GoD...and everything to know. Knowledge, total and whole, is the domain of GoD's "Kingdom". There, all are equal, as all know all.

Knowledge *knows* that death is not real. Likewise, knowledge *knows* that "good and evil" are not true. The world is an attempt to *know* both good and evil [no good] as truth. This is a conflict of interest. It is impossible. But as it is *digested* [thought through], it seems temporarily possible, theoretically viable, hypothetically real. But its just magic...black magic. And black magic leads to death because it deems to combine life and death together. And this is why man is "born to die". Man is a manifestation of the combination of "life" and "death" together. But like all manifestations of magic, neither this "life" is true, nor is "death" true. None of it is true...all of it is illusion...deception...self-deception...for experience.

Think of "life" as "lies for feelings". Magic is for feelings that are not natural to the Kingdom of God. Feelings like loss, guilt, loneliness, separation, confusion...as well as mockeries of joy, happiness, and bliss.

Christ!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I just believe in God and I am not Jewish . . . so I guess I am a Yahewian???

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

I think you would be better off to claim yourself as a part of the 'unnameable' then claim yourself with Yahweh. I believe one is higher then the other. I believe one is more righteous then the other. I believe that Yahweh acted in ways that were not God like of Thee Most High.

I hesitated to write this, but sometimes some people arent for sure what they claim when they claim a name., If you follow the OT as the word of God, then yes, you would be a yahwehian I suppose

Best intentions...

Peace,
LV

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

Only if you accept the traditional things. The point of it is to teach love and service versus selfishness. Anything else is political propaganda and only serves the cabal and elite. We are already immortal, and we progress at the rate we turn to service versus selfishness, and greed. Thats the very stuff tied into the traditional credo that I don't agree with, and in fact implies the very God that I knew wasn't God and horrified me, the one that put us all in some lower dimension until Christ saved us by His blood. Yes, I know thats what the Church(s) teach, but I don't agree with it. Thats a weird God to me, and scared the hell out of me as a child. Nothing to do with my spirituality.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

I agree it is in all of us, but for those who do not realize it is not apparent to them. I was referring to that. I didn't mean for it to sound as if the spirit wasn't in everyone.

Also is the reason I think in the end all will be saved.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
reply to post by Christ!

Only if you accept the traditional things. The point of it is to teach love and service versus selfishness. Anything else is political propaganda and only serves the cabal and elite. We are already immortal, and we progress at the rate we turn to service versus selfishness, and greed. Thats the very stuff tied into the traditional credo that I don't agree with, and in fact implies the very God that I knew wasn't God and horrified me, the one that put us all in some lower dimension until Christ saved us by His blood. Yes, I know thats what the Church(s) teach, but I don't agree with it. Thats a weird God to me, and scared the hell out of me as a child. Nothing to do with my spirituality.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by mystiq]

True service serves for the healing of the mind of the Son of God. Unhealed, the Son appears as *many*..."man". So, each man is in need of healing. However, before we are of service, we must, to some degree, be accepting the healing of our minds. Selfishness is the desire to maintain an identity other than as the Son of God, or, Christ. If such an identity cannot be tolerated...or is seen as blasphemous...or insane...then healing cannot really begin, and actions in the world will simply sow confusion in the mind of the Son of God.

Let us understand that the concept of personhood is synomymous with selfishness and greed and the adulteration of love. True love is interested in how personhood can be set aside for the truth. Love is the return to oneness, or, cooperation with the atonement of the Son of God. Righteousness is to return to *Our Father*. It is not necessarily service to linger in a world of death, and teach others to die. Death is not *Our Father's* will. Nor is it any kind of price he demands for sin.

Personhood is synonymous with greed because it is the expression to have more than everything. That is, the Son of God is everything. In reaching beyond everything, the mind deems to have everything plus more than everything. Man is the manifestation of *more than everything*. Therefore, to give up greed is to give up personhood. Personhood is a gift the Son gives to himself. It is not a gift his Father gives to him because person hood is...nothing...meaningless. Personhood dilutes the meaning of love.

This is why there is no greater love than to lay down personhood in the world. It does not mean to "die", while still hanging on to personhood. That kind of death is merely a continuation of personhood. Rather, true "death" is the death of personhood, which is also the expression of another will other than the will of GoD. That is a kind of selfishness that goes against the One.

Many fool themselves, through actions, that they are loving and serving GoD. Rather, they are loving and serving personhood...looking forward to a glorified personhood in the future. This is not the way of salvation.

Christ!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by Christ!

I agree it is in all of us, but for those who do not realize it is not apparent to them. I was referring to that. I didn't mean for it to sound as if the spirit wasn't in everyone.

Also is the reason I think in the end all will be saved.

You are doing well. I am only providing a few minor adjustments by way of guidance, that your path may be smooth with GoDspeeD.

The Holy Spirit guides the learner in a way that the learner learns he is the Holy Spirit...and gets out of the way what is not. What is not the Holy Spirit is almost everything about personhood. That is why laying down personhood is akin to "death", or, surrender. The learner is learning to get himself out of the way by giving up all his thoughts to the Holy Spirit. When the learner has no more thoughts or feelings of his own...all of which are false...he is "filled" with the Holy Spirit. This means he becomes one with the Holy Spirit, as the Holy Spirit. In this way, it is "through" being the Holy Spirit that one is "saved". This is the same as saying that one is saved "through Christ". It means to BE Christ. One can only be Christ by getting what is not Christ out of the way. This is the way of Jesus. And this is the only way to the Father.

Christ!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
True service means, not judging, sharing all our worldly goods, and being helpful. It means being the firefighter who rushes in to save the baby at the cost of his own life, and anyone who helps another out of their own substanance versus their surplus. It means living a life that is unconcerned with self. It is the opposite of our capitalistic society.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
True service means, not judging, sharing all our worldly goods, and being helpful. It means being the firefighter who rushes in to save the baby at the cost of his own life, and anyone who helps another out of their own substanance versus their surplus. It means living a life that is unconcerned with self. It is the opposite of our capitalistic society.

This is confusing. So I will clarify a bit.

Judgment is not what you are thinking it is. Judgement is to make true what is not true by declaration or pronouncment or decision. The world begins with a judgement, and so, it ends with the "last judgment". Judgement leads into and around the world [wandering]. "Judge not" leads out of the world...exodus. Judgement is a way of thinking that maintains what is not true. There is a phrase, "keep it real". If you keep anything in the world "real", you are maintaining judgment. If you look at a brother as flesh and blood...separated from you by distance, form or time...then you are judging and are not aware of it. You are making such an appearance "real" by looking at it. By so doing, you are not letting the truth about your brother be what it is...which is glorious to see. You could see his glory - his Christ face - if you were willing to look beyond [forgive] the body.

It is said, "if you look at a woman to lust after her, you commit adultery in your heart".

This is misunderstood. It is not because of looking at a woman. It is not because of lusting after a woman. It is because of seeing a body instead of the truth - Christ. A body adulterates [dilutes] the meaning of love, making love meaningless. A body is not a loving expression, and so, is not *Our Father's* will. A body is a magical manifestation...a kind of sorcery. You see a body because you *desire* to see a body. You see bodies because you *lust* to see the Son of God as bodies, instead of as the glorious Christ.

So, to run around the world being a busybody is confusing the issue. If you teach others to believe in their bodies, you are sowing seeds of confusion. Teach them to believe beyond their bodies and you begin to teach love. Teach them to see the face of Christ instead of bodies and you truly are teaching love. Jesus taught this kind of love. He asks everyone to see others as themselves. It is good to think of everyone as brother and sister. But the love of Jesus exceeds this basic "law" of kindness. Your brother or sister is not a body. These are appearances that "blind" you to their true glory. Jesus saw others as Christ, because he saw himself as Christ. And he asks that all do the same, even to "the least of these my brethren".

To serve is to think truthfully. Otherwise, you sow confusion into the mind of the Son of God, and confusion will return to you, and you will be confused. Think the truth. Be willing to let truth be the truth. Block not the truth. Judge not the truth, by making it untrue. Think truth, and your surplus of truth will carry over to clarify the confusion of truth in the minds of others. This is service to the mind of the Son of God, who, confused, thinks himself to be a man.

Christ!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join