It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparks Fly As 'Gay" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
How many times does someone have to correct you on this Idea.

Every person in America already has equal marriage rights!
We're all playing by the same rules! We all have the same right to marry any non-related adult of the opposite sex. Those rules do not deny anyone "equal protection of the laws" because the qualifications to enter a marriage apply equally to everyone every adult person has the same right to marry!

What is so hard to understand here???

Just because queer gay Homosexuals want the court to believe that because of their sexual desires they are a special class of persons that is being discriminated against. Sexual desires don't however, guarantee people special legal rights. That Includes gays in spite of their "Specialness".

If we were to see it the "gay way" it would mean that people desiring to marry their close relatives don't have "equal rights" because our marriage laws have no provision for incest or bisexuals could object because existing marriage laws don't allow them to marry a man and a woman! If desires alone guarantee someone special rights, why no special rights for pedophiles. Oh and they think they have a genetic predisposition to their particular bent also.

The fact is our desires are irrelevant where the law is concerened. We enact all kinds of laws that conflict with people's desires.
So there should be no legal class of "gay" or "straight," just a legal class called "person." And it doesn't matter whether persons desire sex with the same or opposite sex, or whether they desire sex with children, parents, or farm animals. What matters is whether the behavior desired is something the law should prohibit, permit or promote.

Those are the only three choices we have when it comes to making law.

Sorry, but there is no "right" to have any sexual relationship officially called "marriage" and have it granted benefits by the state. We have government-backed natural marriage because it benefits the country greatly, especially children, and most of all because we voted for it!

The bottom line is that we're not discriminating against anyone with our current marriage laws. Like most laws, we're only discriminating for or against behavior that is good or bad for our country. So this debate really has nothing to do with equal rights, discrimination, hate or bigotry, but whether or not same-sex marriage would be good or bad for our country.

How same sex marriage would be bad for the country is well documented and would be one of the worst societal errors we have ever been dumb enough to allow happen in this country.

Truth IS intolerant like that

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Servigistics

Maintal,
nothing you said can be backed up by anyone with an education and some sense. Stop reading Christian websites that clame Jesus rode dinosaurs to get your stats on sociology, psychology, and homosexuality. You are going to the dentist to make sure your heart is working right. It may not kill you, but it sure will not help anything. If you are going to make claims, the least you can do is provide sources so that we can properly debunk them. Look at it this way, until you can prove anything you said is more than some pseudo-christian homophobe twists on science in order to support an opinion, it is pretty much an empty post.

p.s. Can you clarify the difference between

queer gay Homosexuals
and other homosexuals? Just curious.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Iblis Smiley]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
first of all its a fact america is a christian country. On every piece of currency it says the word god. They shouldnt even be here they have no rights and should be extradited or incarcerated like we used to do. Can you imagine how much we could further research by using these individuals in cutting edge medical research? the possibilities are endless. Every one of our founding fathers was straight and a god fearing christian man who stood up for the cross and freedom in the face of british savages. Stand up america its time we come together for a solution. Ethics boards are too critical of treatment and study methods used in clinical's today. using the military is always the first go to but this new pool would eliminate that need and increase productivity in the field of research witha positive outcome that benefeits everyone involved. Finally the gay population would be able to contribute to society by serving their country properly.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
first of all its a fact america is a christian country.

No, it is not. It just is not. You know nothing about the founding fathers, what they wanted for us, and how this country was formed puropoesly not as a religious country in order to protect the integrity of the state as well as protect the integrity of the church. Just because it is printed on banners at NASCAR events, does not make it a fact. If you are going to say something is a fact, you better prove that fact. This is ATS. Deny ignorance does not mean that you can just say whatever you like is a fact, something you seem to be doing all over.

On every piece of currency it says the word god.

You sure will have to do better than that. How do you know that is not Jewish or Muslim money? Same god. Jesus is not on our money.

freedom in the face of british savages

On second though, do not back anything up, your ignorance is overwhelming and I am afraid I can handle little more. Read that sentence over and over again. Then go get a dictionary, a history book, and see what you mixed up.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
ok well yes it is a fact that the founding fathers were all christians you can look that one up if you dont believe me. Not a single signer of any of the founding documents was anything other because we wanted to seperate from the british rule of the crown to establish a true america based off the teachings in the bible such as thou shall not kill etc. that is a fact every state has a law against it just like the 10 commandments so no need to argue just stating the facts is all. if anyone reads the constitution they came here to create freedom of religion. that meant that christians all over the world could unite under the red white and blue! Our country is still run as a country of god for instance when pres Bush talked to god about going to war in iraq and we won of course. God is not a bad thing neither is it a central role but more of a guiding principal we all aspire to as good americans in a country that encourages freedom and tolerance of others.

As ar as american currency is concerned if you look in any bible there is only one true god. The reason muslims or jewish faiths are not expressed is that they are tolerated but not accepted since they were not part of the creation of our bureaucratic system known as the great american experiment.

In response to your questioning of the common knowledge of them being savages it is a well known fact that the bristish government controlled the church. Not only that but they wore red as if that was a smart idea in the middle of a battlefield. True savages are known for their lack of creative critical thinking. That is why america triumphed over the british crown and saved them from Hussein since they couldnt do it themself. Britain is one of our greatest allies and statements should not be misinterpreted. Facts are facts and just like any big brother we are always there to bail out our little brother overseas when they get in over their head. We do it ouf of love and concern like reparations.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by tigpoppa]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

ok well yes it is a fact that the founding fathers were all christians you can look that one up if you dont believe me.

They were also white men. That does not make this country a white man country does it? Read the documents they wrote and then signed. Read specifically what they decided about this country and religon. You will discover, through a little research, they did not want politics to sully their good Christianity. Please, do more research than listening to right wing pastors and try again.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

As ar as american currency is concerned if you look in any bible there is only one true god.

Says who? Says your bible? My bible says that I am god. What makes your bible any better than mine? Please show me where on the currency it actually delineates whether they mean my god or your god.

The reason muslims or jewish faiths are not expressed is that they are tolerated but not accepted since they were not part of the creation of our bureaucratic system known as the great american experiment.

This is based on? As I said, Christianity is not expressed on our money either. If anything god on money is antithetical to the Christian doctrine anyway. I guess you need to read your bible as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

In response to your questioning of the common knowledge of them being savages it is a well known fact that the bristish government controlled the church. Not only that but they wore red as if that was a smart idea in the middle of a battlefield. True savages are known for their lack of creative critical thinking. ..................................

Get a dictionary and a history book please. I am begging you now. By definition of the word "savages" if the british are defined as such then so would the settlers have been because on that level, they were still the same peoples. You do not know what that word means. Busy weekend of reading for you. I think it is fun how you seem to hear some things and speak of it with conviction. You seem to be good at fooling your friends into thinking you are smart but on a place like the internet where research is quite easy, I would expect that you could at least find dictionary.com before you begin to rant next time.

Learning is fun, don't keep letting the other kids hog it all!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis Smiley

p.s. Can you clarify the difference between

queer gay Homosexuals
and other homosexuals? Just curious.

I wasn't aware their were any other "species" of the Genus Homossssecksualle

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Servigistics]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

This is ATS. Deny ignorance does not mean that you can just say whatever you like is a fact, something you seem to be doing all over.
On every piece of currency it says the word god.
You sure will have to do better than that.

No, it is not. It just is not..

Yes it is, It just IS

How do you know that is not Jewish or Muslim money? Same god. Jesus is not on our money.

Yes this is ATS but that has nothing to do with you being in denial of your ignorance.

HRES 888 IH 110th CONGRESS 1st Session H. RES. 888

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Whereas all sessions of the United States Supreme Court begin with the Court's Marshal announcing, `God save the United States and this honorable court';

Whereas a regular and integral part of official activities in the Federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court, was the inclusion of prayer by a minister of the Gospel;

Whereas the United States Supreme Court has declared throughout the course of our Nation's history that the United States is `a Christian country', `a Christian nation', `a Christian people', `a religious people whose institutions presuppose a Supreme Being', and that `we cannot read into the Bill of Rights a philosophy of hostility to religion';

Whereas in 1853 the United States Senate declared that the Founding Fathers `had no fear or jealousy of religion itself, nor did they wish to see us an irreligious people ... they did not intend to spread over all the public authorities and the whole public action of the nation the dead and revolting spectacle of atheistical apathy';

Whereas in 1854 the United States House of Representatives declared `It [religion] must be considered as the foundation on which the whole structure rests ... Christianity; in its general principles, is the great conservative element on which we must rely for the purity and permanence of free institutions';

Whereas, in 1864, by law Congress added `In God We Trust' to American coinage;

Whereas beginning in 1904 and continuing for the next half-century, the Federal government printed and distributed The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth for the use of Members of Congress because of the important teachings it contained;

Whereas in the Washington Monument not only are numerous Bible verses and religious acknowledgements carved on memorial blocks in the walls, including the phrases: `Holiness to the Lord' (Exodus 28:26, 30:30, Isaiah 23:18, Zechariah 14:20), `Search the Scriptures' (John 5:39), `The memory of the just is blessed' (Proverbs 10:7), `May Heaven to this Union continue its beneficence', and `In God We Trust', but the Latin inscription Laus Deo meaning `Praise be to God' is engraved on the monument's capstone;

Whereas in 1931, Congress by law adopted the Star-Spangled Banner as the official National Anthem, with its phrases such as `may the Heav'n-rescued land Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation,' and `this be our motto, `In God is our trust!';

Whereas every other President has similarly recognized the role of God and religious faith in the public life of America;

Whereas all sessions of the United States Supreme Court begin with the Court's Marshal announcing, `God save the United States and this honorable court';

Whereas a regular and integral part of official activities in the Federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court, was the inclusion of prayer by a minister of the Gospel;

Whereas the United States Supreme Court has declared throughout the course of our Nation's history that the United States is `a Christian country', `a Christian nation', `a Christian people', `a religious people whose institutions presuppose a Supreme Being', and that `we cannot read into the Bill of Rights a philosophy of hostility to religion'; thomas.loc.gov...:h.res.888:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I do not see Jesus or Christianity anywhere in that post. Please highlight it, Maintal.

Did you not read where I already acknowledged the acknowledgement of a god, a creator, a more powerful being? I did. Try reading. Nowhere did either of you prove this is a Christian country. All you did was prove that the government could not help itself from corrupting religion by intertwining them. I also already said that.

edit to add-yes i do see "christianity" in the commentary part. Commentary is not proof of anythinb but your author's interpretation of what he read. Show me the government document declaring this a Christian country.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You are going to the dentist to make sure your heart is working right. It may not kill you, but it sure will not help anything. If you are going to make claims, the least you can do is provide sources so that we can properly debunk them.

Yeah??? Here DEBUNK THIS Littleangelo

Association between extent of periodontal attachment loss and self-reported history of heart attack: an analysis of NHANES III data
S. J. Arbes Jr, G. D. Slade and J. D. Beck
Center for Oral and Systemic Diseases, UNC School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599-7455, USA.

Coronary heart disease is responsible for one of every five deaths in the United States. Recent epidemiological studies have shown an association between periodontal disease and coronary heart disease.
jdr.iadrjournals.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I do not see Jesus or Christianity anywhere in that post. Please highlight it, Maintal.

Did you not read where I already acknowledged the acknowledgement of a god, a creator, a more powerful being? I did. Try reading. Nowhere did either of you prove this is a Christian country. All you did was prove that the government could not help itself from corrupting religion by intertwining them. I also already said that.

edit to add-yes i do see "christianity" in the commentary part. Commentary is not proof of anythinb but your author's interpretation of what he read. Show me the government document declaring this a Christian country.

Ha ha ha You are telling me YOU are more correct then 93 senators that signed the Bill and the US supreme court! Hit the link and youll see that IS a BILL by the senate and in that bill is a history of past initiatives indicating our heritage as a Christian Nation. Just because you have no tolerance for JC isn't my problem and just because you author all lies may be the reason you believe your BS HA HA HA

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

LOL. Yes there is a direct link between the gums and the heart. Everyone who has had a novacaine shot should know that. I still have my doubts as to how much your dentist will be able to help your coronary disease though. So, sorry, debunk what? I believe the above statement is that going to the dentist for heart trouble is stupid. Please show me where in that article it states that dentists can treat coronary disease. Or, get back on topic. Or stop saying silly things. I am calling you by your real name because I can prove it. You are making silly assumptions. I have been here long before angelo or angel of light and I have a feeling I will be here long after.

Also, unlike him, I will not take your bait. The subject is at the top of the page. Get back to it. I know your trick. I countered you and instead of answering to my completely trashing your point, you move on to attack me somewhere else. Sorry but that is not how I do things. I proved you wrong. Unless you are going to go back to that and try again, I have nothing else to say to you.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Servigistics

Ha ha ha You are telling me YOU are more correct then 93 senators that signed the Bill and the US supreme court! Hit the link and youll see that IS a BILL by the senate and in that bill is a history of past initiatives indicating our heritage as a Christian Nation. Just because you have no tolerance for JC isn't my problem and just because you author all lies may be the reason you believe your BS HA HA HA

Show me. Show me where it actually says this is a Christian nation and not another article written by someone who took it that way.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Show me. Show me where it actually says this is a Christian nation and not another article written by someone who took it that way.

I'm done talking to you after the last act of monumental arrogance, that wasn't just someone taking that way,, IT IS THE UNITED STATES SENATE and a ruling from the highest court in the land. If that ain't enough proof,,then you got more problems than I am qualified to help you with.

You are obviously not at the level of human understanding that is required to know what the difference is between some article with an opinion and a House Resolution a bill HR 888 supported by 93 members of the US senate as an addendum to earlier legislation which recognized our nation as a Christian nation with a supreme court ruling.

You can't get any better proof than that girlfriend.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Cool, show me where it says any of these things. I already asked twice and you have responded each time, yet not with the proof I asked for. Having trouble finding it? You sound as if you are reading it now. Please share. All I ask is for you to provide me with the government documents that state this is, in fact, a Christian country. You believe it, so I believe you have seen proof. You would not go on ignorance would you? I do not believe so. So, simply provide for me the proof that has you believing such a thing, sister.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

. Or, get back on topic. Or stop saying silly things. I am calling you by your real name because I can prove it. You are making silly assumptions. .

Also, unlike him, I will not take your bait. The subject is at the top of the page. Get back to it. I know your trick. I countered you and instead of answering to my completely trashing your point, you move on to attack me somewhere else. I proved you wrong. Unless you are going to go back to that and try again, I have nothing else to say to you.

Sorry but that is not how I do things.

LOL ha ha READ YOUR POSTS GIRL! That is ALL you know how to do and is why I am DONE with you. Had I known you were just going to be an arrogant knowitall who assumes his authority is higher than the supreme courts I'd have had you on ignore sooner.

The only thing you have proven is ATS Deny Ignorance is just a SLOGAN

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Still waiting for proof this is a Christian nation. Personal attacks do not prove that.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Cool, show me where it says any of these things. I already asked twice and you have responded each time, yet not with the proof I asked for. Having trouble finding it? You sound as if you are reading it now. Please share. All I ask is for you to provide me with the government documents that state this is, in fact, a Christian country. You believe it, so I believe you have seen proof. You would not go on ignorance would you? I do not believe so. So, simply provide for me the proof that has you believing such a thing, sister.

Here
Try this one

Oh and by the way ,,

YOU LOSE

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join