It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparks Fly As 'Gay" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
contrary to what you may have been told, christians come in all sizes and shapes and walks of life.

Yup! Some of them try really hard to love instead of hate. Some of them spend more time trying to bring families together instead of apart. Some of them are kind to everyone, regardless of the level of sin they may be able to interpret this person as having. Some of them try to bring people to Jesus through the kindness of their words and actions. Anyone keeping score can tell I was never talking about all Christians ever. I never said every Christian was bad, I never said they were all bad. I said ones like the ones that spent sooooo much money on prop 8 are. And since more Christians than any other single group were the ones sponsoring that, then I stick to that the majority of the Christians in the U.S. are actively anti-gay. No one has proven that wrong.

But Undo, I imagine you would take that money and feed someone who needs a meal, or clothe the poor, or perhaps use it to work on something else to better society without upsetting anyone's apple cart and benefitting the most instead of actively standing in your church, urging paritioners to put money behind prop 8. I see you as one of those good ones that I have already acknowledged that I know is out there. No, not all Christians are bad. Thanks for showing up to represent that.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAINTAL
Wouldn't want them to go unnoticed now since I have seen people get banned for doing this I have light call more people stupid idiots in this thread than I have seen most banned for that kind of thing in all their years of membership here

lolwut

I'd listen to this dude, angel, he's well experienced in the area of being on the end of teh ban-hammer. A sort of cyber-Lazarus.

Anyway, lets get this baby back on-topic'ish. I thought this was great, pity those who shout and whine the loudest get the most attention:

[edit on 25-11-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Go back to page one. You will quickly learn that anything considered verbal abuse from me was simply in response to hate, biggotry, and lies that I was reading here. Yes, I am guilty. I just wish I was not the only to be able to admit that when the first 10 pages alone have more hatred against gay people than all of my posts combined have toward anyone else.

More importantly, this thread has been off topic for pages and pages and pages and pages and pages. It seemed to be a big deal that I mentioned Ben Stiller before when it looked like the thread was dead so I will hang back until it gets back on topic so I am not guilty of taking part in it all.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have told you the images of gay sex disgusts me and you put a focus on me ever since angel of lightangelo.

I have NEVER called you stupid or an idiot or anything you can call my agenda on you. Then you started sending me personal u2u's when I have asked you not once not twice but three times to stop trolling me and get off my neck. Then you accused me of trolling you. That was funny since I had you on my ignore list. You found other ways to insult me by having those who I was responding to quote you then respond to me so I would see your attacks on the post regardless. I had written two mods and even asked chissler to talk to you about this but nothing ever happened. seeng this as a tag team effort by you I called it that and sure enough you started accusing me of tag teaming going as far as saying I was using servisgistics as a proxy second name. She has a web cam and I would be more than happy to ask her to prove to you that she isnt me.

So this is what I am saying to you light is that you are the LAST person the gay community would want defending them.

Trust me you are not helping and I think most Gays would or should agree

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

i wasn't referring to anyone in particular but to everyone on the thread or on the net for that matter. the internet is so anonymous, people are lead to believe they can say whatever they want to other people without any responsiblity attached. i've done it and so have others. then it dawned on me that i should take into consideration that the net is full of people who have various issues. what if a gay person, who was suicidal, read this thread, became even more depressed and ended his life because of it? like the straw that broke the camel's back, it would be BAD. jesus didn't ask us to bully people into submission to a different way of living. it's a choice, not a commandment. the government is not required to issue ultimatums on the subject either, as it is only their job to do what we hired them to do (
)

anyway...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I was trying to tell him not to mess with me mel LOL anyway Mel as usual i hope all is well with you and yours. I always had Respect for you even when we disagreed I hope you kinow that and yes back yto topic.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Wow Mel is that sign real? and if so was the church who paid for that ? No I just read all of it and doubt that one lol

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

I got to the "IS SORRY" and cracked up.

You bring some good stuff, mel.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo

Just for a moment, imagine I am right in front of you, pointing in your face. I say nothing hateful, mean spirited, evil. I just stand there, with my finger just out of your personal space but almost in your face. I am being peaceful I am not really doing anyone any harm, violating any laws, any personal space, in fact all the way around, every thing I would be doing can be broken down and simplified the same way as these Christians.

And what does pointing at one imply? A negative connotation I presume. Unless there were a spider on the persons shoulder.

How about the homosexuals follow around christians speaking gay talk and being affectionate you think they would like that, and not react as they are, insane. All those insane offbreed backwash extreme christianity sects, that most posters here are obviously members of.

A few christians are pushed over and all of a sudden ALL gay people are terrorists/crazy mobs. Lets just say if i lived in America/California and i received rights just for them to be taken away, i would be doing alot more than hitting people with their bibles, especially if they were intruding upon known gay night space with their un-needed christian dribble.

Wait till they start to gate-crash your sunday church meetings what will you do then!!!!

Mod Edit: Fixed quote

[edit on 11/25/08 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by melatonin

I got to the "IS SORRY" and cracked up.

You bring some good stuff, mel.

Yes I have to agree, Mel is what I would say is the centerpiece of the Atheist members on this board, that is to say he is in this writers opinion the most intelligent Atheist I have met here. The Gay community too if that is where his pursuits are these days

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MAINTAL

How about that MAINTAL, we are argeing for once. Time for a celebration cos I doubt this i'll happen again in a while.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1xion325alpha

Wait till they start to gate-crash your sunday church meetings what will you do then!!!!

Apparently, they just drop the charges heh Imagine that. Those vindictive evil Christians.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 25-11-2008 by MAINTAL]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Wow Mel is that sign real? and if so was the church who paid for that ? No I just read all of it and doubt that one lol

It is real and is located in San Diego. It's from a church (Disciples of Christ) with over 700,000 members across the US.

www.missiongathering.com...

But I'm sure some would view them as not True Christians (TM). As that involves vilifying and marginalising particular groups.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 1xion325alpha

what do people of various diametrically different belief systems do when coerced to anger? they hurt each other. who wants this to happen? not I!
i don't mind a rousing round of pvp on a video game, but that's where my competitive nature ends and my humanity kicks in.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

i don't mind a rousing round of pvp on a video game, but that's where my competitive nature ends and my humanity kicks in.

I wish, I wish the same could be said for me. I am very competitive. It is my major vice in life.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

en garde'!

erm, i pvp on world of warcraft. keeps me on my toes. i'm getting old. gotta keep those hand-eye coordinations honed.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by undo

I wish, I wish the same could be said for me. I am very competitive. It is my major vice in life.

Well their is twice you can chalk up an agreement. I used to be so involved in the gaming community for so many years with quake3.0 and wrote lots of software for q3a was a consultant for a while with punk buster and this forum has many I have encountered with the same mindset of winning the argument at all costs including me.

It DOES have an addictive component to it like gaming and the owners of this forum have benefitted ftom tapping into that type of vice don't you agree

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I HATE WoW.

I'm more of counterstrike douche'

I am fasting from video games at the moment (yes I am an atheist). I've put a bit-o-weight on over the last few months and am refusing to play anything till I've lost it all.

The withdraw symptoms were awful, I still get nervous tics.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1xion325alpha

Apparently, they just drop the charges heh Imagine that. Those vindictive evil Christians.

haha since when was gods word the law? Your dumbening dark ages, which you earn for, are over!!

Ever heard the never ending conundrum??

Look at all this (the universe), somebody had to of made all of this, but then who made that entity, so on and so forth. Atheists believe we were all just made out of thin air, and then there is your kind who think somebody made all this, but that person was made out of thin air, neither make sense, neither more plausible than the other.

You derogatory attitude towards fellow human beings is disgusting I would be ashamed to walk along side of you and call you the same species as me.

Ha Imagine that, those homosexuals that want to be treated equally.

Edited to add.. Oh I would of been ashamed if there wasn't at least one homosexual terrorist group!!! All the Heterosexual keeping the UNMORAL nature of terrorism alive.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by 1xion325alpha]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
ALRIGHTY THEN

Kindly cease the personal sniping and stay on topic.

Thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join