It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Classic Quotes" Burial Ground

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

LOL..Actually there are a few reptile threads going on..The reptile interview is new!!..I will hook you up with a star buddy!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I got one from the "Government Phonenumbers" thread.

necro99 writes:

Originally posted by necro99
President Nuclear Bomb shelter...
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Dials... "Hello?" "Hello! yes i would like to reserve a room in your hotel, how much is it?" "This is the presidents bomb shelter!" "EXCACTLY!"

Edit: The thread doesn't exist anymore.

[edit on 17/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
from a BTS thread entitled... I heard repeated screaming sound from my woods just now..

JEEPIN...I AM WHO YOU SEEK GIRL... I was on holiday from British Colombia in the woods behind you house recently...and while killing a dog with my bare hands he bit my right foot, and boy i tell yah..i let out a yelp and crapped my self at the same time..and when you have hair like mine getting the crap out of your fur is way difficult......sorry if i scared you...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
One of my favorites of all time is Jedimiller's thread on making a hot dog travel through time and space with a microwave oven.

This is a long but necessary quote of his initial OP -

Jedimiller thread -

Making a hot dog dissapear using microwaves

I was Performing an experiment at work last week. The premise: To make a chili dog dissapear in a microwave. What would happen if you left the hot dog inside the microwave ongoing forever? would the Dog Dissapear or would it just burn out? I am a believer in traveling thru time and space and my goal was to make the hot dog enter a dimension parallel to a phone line next to the microwave. The study had some problems, as how would the hot dog enter the phone line and re-apear outside the physical world.

I cooked the Hot Dog for 36 minutes. I observed a shift in the time relating to the object as it rotated. I could almost see the hot dog move and explode inside the microwave. So, I opened the door and the Hot Dog was still there. but once again I started the timer at 36 minutes. And so on.

Eventually. My observation was due. I can safely assure you all that the experiment was as success the hot dog had almost dissapeared, all I could see were left over stains and parts of the bread, assuming here that the bread evaporated or entered the parallel universes contained in the telephone next door. Prior to the experiment I had the receiver of the telephone off the base so there was a busy tone and sound could enter via the voice receptors.

Conclusion: The hot dog seemed to have dissapeared, of course that could have been the breakdown of the molecules based on heat and rotation. but overall, the mass of the hot dog had been minimized. Success there. Failure at the other end, as I never got to see the hot dog travel space and transport it's matter into the telephone. I know it was a silly experiment, but I thought I give it a try.

Which brings me to my favorite reply to Jedi's controversial and often mentioned thread. This is djjohnson's reply (page 3 of thread)-

Are you people independantly nuts and stupid, or is there some course you take as a group. And you wonder why nobody takes your wacko conspiracy stuff seriously.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This one is soo fresh I think the poster is till typing it lol...

The thread:

What To Invest In Now I have paper Money In Banks

Originally posted by googolplex
I might invest in water, everyone needs water. I have a guy who said he would give me deal on instant water, have check and see if I still have his number.

Posted by ME
This is going straight to the Graveyard thread thank you

Does it come freeze dried in a little paper packet and just add water?

classic thank you, laughing much.

Elf

[edit on 17-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by Dermo

Experts say humans can live to 1000.. would you want to?

reply by Anonymous Avatar

You mean I could get on ATS and know the world is going to end everyday for a thousand years???

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Springer came up with a beauty recently in a thread asking if registration to ATS should require an IQ test. His response was priceless.

The following is an ATS OFFICIAL PROCLAMATION:

If you have an IQ you are welcome to post here at AboveTopSecret.com, if you do not have an IQ we would like to discuss bringing you on staff.

Should ATS registration require an IQ test?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Some great, and I mean god damn great comments posted here...no one has let the thread down...

Remember - link the thread your comment originated from - all you have to do is insert the URL address between [url.]address here[/url.] ...

People - take note! see the 'periods' in both sets of brackets after 'url'...? I put those there otherwise it will create a link, which would prevent you from seeing how to post a link...wow - I'm high...so take them out when linking a thread...

So...another way to understand BB code is to go Here!!

No biggie, but if this thread is gonna stand the test of time, we need to do it right! The BB code review was for those that do not know...

grammar/content edit!

[edit on 11/17/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This thread is still going on and rightfully so...the topic is once again religion but thrown into the mix is homosexuality.

Another interesting note is that the following comment was the first reply!!

Originally posted by panda319
reply to post by Parabol

This adds to another point. Man, and I mean that specifically, created the Bible. The Bible's chauvinism is blatant throughout the entirety of the texts. It's quite sad that people still live by this racist, sexist, piece of fiction that plagues humanity.

I think parts of the Bible like this are the work of men.

The entire Bible is the work of man. Whether inspired by the 'word of God', also known as 'voices in your head', or through their own free will. God himself said we are imperfect sinners. You don't think we could screw up a few words? The Bible also says that 'nothing shall be taken or added to or from the Bible' (paraphrased). This is contradictory considering there are over 5,000 mistranslations in the King James version from the original Hebrew version.

I asked for enlightening comments as well, and though this only satisfies that criteria for one side of the house, I found it to be a compelling statement...

Yes, ATS has some 'interesting' members...it also houses some of the most intillegent and witty people around...

grammar edit!

[edit on 11/18/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I cant hold my tongue on this one..What is happening to this country? We will never know his name but his grammar is not up to par to be an intelligent lifeform

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread3216/pg4

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
this will be a very important meassage to all people who belive in alliens they do exist because we landed here many years ago to come in peace but man kind treatend us and keep us in a secreat location called area51 and area S4 is a speacial facility use to do testing on us to understand our culture because the USA army is affraid of our technology there is proof but its all been dinyed but 2010 to 2012 there will and the called alderlins form a plant starlill in the stella galaxy which is 36 millon light years away i no beacuse im from a planet called kraton 42 million light years away the world will be attack`t one day soon and weather the human race stops it before it can happen will be a choice that must be made NOW!?

[edit on 18-11-2008 by cmd18B]

[edit on 18-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
HAHA he said "ATTACK ' T"!

Who the heck was that guy?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sorry, the "preview post" button is gone, and I messed up!

I will try again...

[edit on 18/11/08 by ziggystar60]

[edit on 18/11/08 by ziggystar60]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

If even one tidbit of that guys post was true and they were coming from another planet Id say go away because they cant be too bright. I mean this is probably one of the best threads and simply because it has nothing to do with all the bravo sierra thats floating around ATS lately....

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Zigg..Did you forget to post the quote?..I read that thread and to be honest as hell I was a little knocked off center by it, Its just so hard for me to jump in with both feet and say wow I believe you 100 percent but his story was a bit harrowing and if have no grounds to discredit him but I just need to bear witness to something like that.. Its a good campfire story I will say that much

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is a classic, from the OP in Dan Tanna's thread about his "Violent encounter with an alien being".

Then a shadow flitted across the corner of the room, so i decided to lay still, as if it was a person in the room they were going to get the good news.

Then after about a minutes watching, this golden figure stepped towards the bed. It was appalling. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life.

Here is the drawing I did of this creature so you can see what i am on about.

And what a horrific, dreadful creature it is!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

wow I remember that drawing, The drawing is like really cute, I want to hug it and take Christmas pictures with it

On a serious note, I thought that was the thread where he stated that it was a violent encounter, Maybe I got it mixed up with something else?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Yes, according to Dan Tanna, it was a violent encounter... Apparantly Dan Tanna was the violent one, not the poor alien:

The first knife blow hit it right in the left eye as i pulled it down and towards me.

The second / third / fourth hit it in the throat and jaw area, and it really then decided it didn't want to play any more.

We rolled off the bed onto the floor and I really went totally mad on it to be honest. A rage, red rage sweeped through me at the thought that this 'thing' was trying to steal my baby /wife..

On the floor it tried to grab my arm, so I screamed at the wife for the good news.

She threw it at me, so i started with my left hand to smash against its skull and right side of the face.

here the being knew it was dead. i was I admit in a murderous rage by this point, and it knew it.

However it never gave up trying to escape, it rolled onto its front and tried to reach the door way, but it took maybe another thirty blows to the back and head.. I stood up, grabbed my ice axe from the shelf as the good news was stuck in its shoulder real deep and was about to deal a real killing blow to its skull when it rolled over onto is back.

It opend both palms, held its hands open palm up, and then just started to wobble and fade in and out. . . .but this thing was getting away so i tried leaping on it again

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

i was I admit in a murderous rage by this point, and it knew it. However it never gave up trying to escape, it rolled onto its front and tried to reach the door way, but it took maybe another thirty blows to the back and head..

I remember when that went down...one of the funniest posts ever.

He actually tried to use his time in service on this site to validate the claim...

Even the picture of the knife he claimed was used to protect himself from the alien looked suspect...

Good one Zig...

content edit!

[edit on 11/18/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I do remember that thread now..I still cant believe he drew the violent creature with a smile..Im laughing at the picture now again.. I hate to call anybody liar but Im going to retract my earlier statement, I think its bravo sierra.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

But wasnt the creature so cute!!!, Smiling and looking happy and then stabbed to death and then he just vanished along with the weapon he used but only after he killed it and then right to bed like it never happened.. Gee I wonder why..Because it didnt

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join