It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this bible verse does not mean what I think it does!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seek4 truth

I think he meant that just because the bible says something, doesn't make it so.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

I think he meant that just because the bible says something, doesn't make it so.
I was thinking he might be but I wasnt sure if he thought I thought it did.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

So why don't you respond on the assumed meaning of what he said, I'm looking forward to what you have to say.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

So why don't you respond on the assumed meaning of what he said, I'm looking forward to what you have to say.
"just because the bible says something doesnt make it so"

Well that would be the humor in it because that is what I have been trying to say. But on the other hand there are some important things about the bible, it is based on the movement of the stars just like the Mayan calendar and has the same date as the end.

If you want my honest opinion though I do not think it would be impossible for any one of us given enough knowledge to create the universe, but then again I like to think highly of most of us and usually that is something that should not be done due to the fact that most people are to close minded and can not see outside of the matrix that has been put forth.

Simply put I could say the sky is blue and someone would post ten of these
just because they see it as grey, when the simple fact is we both could be right.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by seek4 truth]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I truly didn't understand any of that.

-------not a one line post

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
To accept the bible as truth because it says so, is to take Authority as truth.

If you accept the bible as truth because you happen to see truth inside it, then you will be taking truth as authority.

If you take the bible as authority and accept what it says as being truth, then you have in fact done opposite of what Jesus says. Jesus told people to seek truth and that the truth would set them free. He did not tell people to take what was given to them by authority as truth and worship him. Because if you just accept it as truth, then you did not seek truth. You instead took authority as truth. In a world where authority rejected and murdered Jesus.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

lovely post. Deserves a star.

I think I remember a good quote regarding truth and authority on zeitgeist. Ah what was it?? ah, It was great anyway.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by seek4 truth

Well that would be the humor in it because that is what I have been trying to say. But on the other hand there are some important things about the bible, it is based on the movement of the stars just like the Mayan calendar and has the same date as the end.
it does? it doesnt give a date people tried to work it all out

p.s. the alignment thingy of the mayans isnt 2012 they were off by a couple of years

jesus said the end of the world was comming soon, he even said some of the disciples would still be alive

the guy is 1970 years overdue thats a hell of an lie in dont you think

the fact he said il be back in a bit (earths 4000 years old at this point) and it takes him more then 1/2 again tells me he is wrong

and as god says judge a prophet on the accuracy of predictions...jesus failed gods test

just because they see it as grey, when the simple fact is we both could be right.
no you both would be very wrong

you could say water is blue becasue it is buts only a very light hint thats why it appears clear in small quanitities but gets darker blue the more you have and the more light it can absorb

the sky is transparent, your walking around in the sky if it was blue you would notice, it would be as blue down here as when you look up

and that would screw up long distance vision badly dont ya think?

[edit on 15/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

lovely post. Deserves a star.

I think I remember a good quote regarding truth and authority on zeitgeist. Ah what was it?? ah, It was great anyway.

It was used in that movie, but the actual quote is this:

"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." - Gerald Massey

Who btw, was also very much against the idol worship as I am.

en.wikipedia.org...

A New York publisher, D. M. Bernett, wrote of his friend in the second edition of The World's Sages, Thinkers and Reformers on page 967:

Gerald Massey is a warm-hearted, genial man, and as a companion and friend he has few superiors. His interests and incentives are decidedly in the direction of Science and Rationalism. He has many years been freed from the binding and blinding theological creeds and obligations. He regards priestcraft as one of the great evils which mankind for thousands of years have been compelled to endure and support; and regards it as one of the most important works that men of the present time can engage in to demolish the idols of the past dark ages; to liberate the mind from the dwarfing and blighting effect of pagan and Christian mythology and to dispense with the officious and expensive services of a designing, useless, aristocratic and wily priesthood. He most desires to see the human race advance in knowledge and truth and mental freedom, which science and philosophy imparts to the diligent investigator. He believes ignorance to be the Devil, Science the Savior of the world.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Popes use to be involved in polotics. In the Church's infancy, they would manipulate with and against the crown heads. Is religion a way of controling the populace... With that in it's history... It's hard to deny. The first crusade was a wonderful example of a church initiating a war to it's own ends.

This is again; MY OPINION! However; history has been a well documented looking glass to the churces past. Hard to dispute.

If you follow the Bible, YES you will live a rightous and fruitful life. You will have a great exsistance. Delving deeper than that is where it will always ALWAYS get crazy.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." - Gerald Massey

God I love that quote.

It really says it all, doesn't it. Have to edit it on to my desktop wallpaper while I remember.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
"If you take the bible as authority and accept what it says as being truth, then you have in fact done opposite of what Jesus says."

******you have done a poor job of twisting and spinning. You make those that don't believe comfortable but you are lying to them as well. Each person will be judged where he or she will spend an eternity. You have an heavy responsibility for those that believe you and end up spending an eternity in hell.

"Jesus told people to seek truth and that the truth would set them free. He did not tell people to take what was given to them by authority as truth and worship him."

There can be no doubt about the fact that the Bible does claim to be the very Word of God. This is clearly seen in verses like 2 Timothy 3:15-17, which say, “. . .from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Not to sing praises to Jesus....in the Bible. I beg to differ as you write commentary about a Book that you know nothing about, providing no verses to support your claim for fear that someone who knows will shut you down. Deal with this one and I can provide many many more...

John 14:6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The Bible is truly God’s Word is the indestructibility of the Bible. Because of its importance and its claim to be the very word of God, the Bible has suffered more vicious attacks and attempts to destroy it than any other book in history. From early Roman Emperors like Diocletian, through communist dictators and on to modern day atheists and agnostics, the Bible has withstood and outlasted all of its attackers and is still the most widely published book in the world today.

Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

"Because if you just accept it as truth, then you did not seek truth. You instead took authority as truth. In a world where authority rejected and murdered Jesus."

*****No and no. No, the Bible is Gods Holy word and his authority. Not mans authority. He was talking about man's authority as he brought the truth and put it into the Bible. The second no, the world rejected Jesus and put him on the cross in according to Gods plan. He CAME back to life to show that he had defeated death and so can we if we believe upon him. This was also in Gods plan to show his glory and that what he says is true.

You are either being deceived or you are deceiving others........either way is a wide path leading to Hell. Take a different path that is narrow and accept jesus before this era passes.......soon.

reply to post by badmedia

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

tgambill,

Hi.

What I got from badmedia's post is his support of what Jesus said near the end of His Sermon on the Mount sermon, which was: But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matthew 6:33 You know... like the pure in heart will see God and that the peacemakers shall be called sons of God.

There can be no doubt about the fact that the Bible does claim to be the very Word of God. This is clearly seen in verses like 2 Timothy 3:15-17, which say, “. . .from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I find the verse that you just quoted here as curious, since the New Testament hadn't been written yet. With that in mind, I would have to conclude that it is speaking about the Old Testament. How about you?

John 14:6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus also said: No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. John 6:44

How can a person be forced to believe in the bible or God, if they have not yet been called?

Do you believe what God said about His desire that none perish? Do you think that God's will can be thwarted? Don't you think that God has a plan that will accomplish His will?

Any threats, such as that found in the quote that follows, is trying to force an individual to do something that they are not yet capable of... that is if you believe Jesus and what he said about the Father drawing.

At the very least, such threats are not that of a peacemaker and at worst does nothing for the "making of disciples".

You are either being deceived or you are deceiving others........either way is a wide path leading to Hell. Take a different path that is narrow and accept jesus before this era passes.......soon.

If accepting Jesus is solely the narrow path, I have to wonder about the sheer size of the Christian religion.

Edited each time to add something or other.
[edit on 15-11-2008 by L.I.B.]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun

it does? it doesnt give a date people tried to work it all out

p.s. the alignment thingy of the mayans isnt 2012 they were off by a couple of years

jesus said the end of the world was comming soon, he even said some of the disciples would still be alive

the guy is 1970 years overdue thats a hell of an lie in dont you think

the fact he said il be back in a bit (earths 4000 years old at this point) and it takes him more then 1/2 again tells me he is wrong

and as god says judge a prophet on the accuracy of predictions...jesus failed gods test

no you both would be very wrong

you could say water is blue becasue it is buts only a very light hint thats why it appears clear in small quanitities but gets darker blue the more you have and the more light it can absorb

the sky is transparent, your walking around in the sky if it was blue you would notice, it would be as blue down here as when you look up

and that would screw up long distance vision badly dont ya think?

[edit on 15/11/08 by noobfun]
I never said it was 2012 and I never said anything about believe in Jesus. That was my point, it secretly and I say that because people tend to not notice, states the end in the age of Aquarius, just like the Mayan. Its there man and you can not change it, that is why the bible is probaly talking more about the venus morning star(jesus)morning star, cycle and the cycle of the sun.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by seek4 truth]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

I'm kinda tired, so I'm not going to argue point by point right now. I'll just say this. Show me where it says the bible is the ONLY word of god, when even Jesus says those who do not believe in him will hear the word of the father, and the holy spirit will be sent to them.

I have no problem with the bible being the word of god, it's the fact you wish to limit god and say it's the only word of god, and anyone who says otherwise is going to hell.

And btw, if Jesus or God is someone who wants me to worship him, and will punish me if I don't, they are not good enough to be my god. They will need to increase their morales in such a case. To worship anything is to be a slave, and Jesus talked about freedom, not slavery. In truth, you would reject Jesus if he was talking to you now, because as he already shown the 1st time he was here - he has little care for your traditions or dogmas.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I never said it was 2012 and I never said anything about believe in Jesus. That was my point, it secretly and I say that because people tend to not notice, states the end in the age of Aquarius, just like the Mayan. Its there man and you can not change it, that is why the bible is probaly talking more about the venus morning star(jesus)morning star, cycle and the cycle of the sun.

my appologise

usually when people bring up the mayan calander its the whole 2012 end of the world nonsense

and thought you were tying it in with the whole revelations end of the world sillyness as well

so i pointed out the end of the world has been expected since just after jesus poppe off for a quick chat with dad

but you did state that the bible gives a date which ive yet to find in it

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
ok I will;
this bible verse does not mean what you think it does!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
ok I will;
this bible verse does not mean what you think it does!

What do you mean!!!!
Are we getting this wrong!

No i agree with what your saying.

I just got a question.

Whats our job?

What dose God tell us to do?

Is God telling us to preach the word of God to others. Or is he telling us to Preach our interpretation of His words to others?

I see a big difference in that.

What is God telling us not to do?
Is he telling us not to mix and replace his words with ours. Because it will lead us nowhere.

But what are we doing! Are we doing just that.

Its common sense that if three or four people read from a text.
They will see and understand different thing. What is the clue here!

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Read the title of the thread. Now read the post you just responded to. Get the joke?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Yes i have. I have have spent hours on it

But i couldnet find a better explonation to fit in.

What you can read form my explonation is that we the people are makeing this into a conspiracy on our own.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join