It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this bible verse does not mean what I think it does!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.I.B.

ROFL

noob, man...

I get it! No need for spelling it out! LOL[/quote wow youve got such a dirty mind i should stop talking to you, you might corrupr me or somthing

You're right. No promises, but I'll see what kind of work I can do on that.
heheh good good

Can't get you to do what you already are.
im already married? why didnt anyone tell me
ive been missing out on a daily dose of free angging and i like free stuff

Ah, okay. Thanks.
... ok so its not the best joke ever .. did i say wolf came up with it ....^_^*sorry goodwolf lol*

LOL, I got my answer!
didnt get mine though

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

wow youve got such a dirty mind i should stop talking to you, you might corrupr me or somthing

That could happen. The or something that is.

Can't get you to do what you already are.
im already married? why didnt anyone tell me
ive been missing out on a daily dose of free angging and i like free stuff

Yeah, haven't you heard? We are all one.

LOL, I got my answer!
didnt get mine though

Come to think of it you didn't, did you.

nanner nanner

again with the html editing, 3rd time today

[edit on 17-11-2008 by L.I.B.]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
["The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins]

No actually I believe that describes most of MANKINDS actions ...

So god played no part in any of those actions ?

Myra Hindley was found as equally as guilty as Ian Brady.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
in what book of the bible is that?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I believe it is wrong to murder and I wouldn't kill unless I defended myself or my children.......it is ok to defend yourself and you don't have to take a beating from a husband, boyfriened, wife, girlfriend, etc...

Jesus did tell the apostles to buy a sword....obviously to defend themselves.

Lu 22:36 -
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

DLO

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Seriously..... never read just a part of a verse.... it's silly to reads just parts of a book in general.....I didn't think it was that confusing to understand.....

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

More people have been enslaved and Murdered for evolution than any god ever... So be proud when you spew your crap theories on how bad a God is...

Ridiculous at best and a clear attempt to not have any Moral Standards that one has to obey...

I can understand why loving your fellow man as yourself would bother some but I never thought this many...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

yay more more lies

your really a 1 trick horse you know that?

hitler was a cristian who talked about evolution, well his version which is actually a lot more like creationism then evolution, and he had books burnt and banned on the subject of evolution

communism doesnt really like evolution either it was seen as capitalist decadence as it said some were stronger then others and would survive better where as communism wants everyone to be equal ..so deffinanatley not evolution either

and well if your gonna talk about slavery then why not mention how the bible sets up the rules of legalised and organised slavery? why not bring up how the bible legitamises the slaughtering of thousands becasue its for god?

honest is a bitch maybe thats why you run from it so much?

morality has nothing to do with the bible, hell you want morales?

the christian ten comandments are only slightly better then islams which are a far way behind the humanist code, the athiest morale code, and the native american way

your journalism style appears not so much independant from the mainstream more independant from reality, why let a good lie go to waste huh?

[edit on 18/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Holy Jesus! Your avatar is quite fitting really. You write the bulsht you'r told don't you.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Off topic just a bit ...WELCOME BACK WOLF ..we missed ya ...
Eww one liner ...
I hope you are feeling better Wolf ....I know you said you needed a break ...glad you took one ........
but I am also glad to see you back all spunky again lol ....

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Glad to be back. Got a lot sorted, de-stressed and detoxed. Also readjusted my cicadian rhythm to a more local human time.

Glad you missed me.
It's always nice to liked.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by The Stand

The worlds religions were created and formed to control and manipulate mankind.

So you say that is why. But who then has answered prayer in a supernatural way. I believe in a Holy God because I have seen His power in my life. You don't believe because you have not seen His power.

How do you get a chance to see His power? You hang around true Christians who believe in Him and eventually you will see something that will prove He exists.

Who are true Christians? Those that believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and only through accepting Him as your Savior, and keeping the commandments in the New Testament will one live forever with Him in Heaven.

If you never seek, you shall never find.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You go......the time of the falling away is near, the anti-christ is soon to appear, the temple is being prepared with the tools and materials staged and the World Order is prepared not to reign but be destroyed in the end......out ace in the hole.

Nice to meet you Watchman.......Eze 33

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

So you say that is why. But who then has answered prayer in a supernatural way. I believe in a Holy God because I have seen His power in my life. You don't believe because you have not seen His power.

well youd first have to prove he actually did answer the prays

and with x million people making x amount of prays statistically some of them are going to happen, and if you hadnt prayed they would have still happened, so holding up the rare chance anomolies as proof is silly when its only 1-3% of the whole

this would only be impressive if a large percentage of prayers were answered(they arnt)

if specific prayer's given a specific time period consitantly happened(they dont)

if evidence showing that prays for someone provided them real benefit such as hopstial recovery(the research showed it had none and in the case where they knew had negative effects, praying for them and them knowing it made thier recovery harder)

if the same figures didnt also apply to every other reliegon and thier prayers (which they do) infact the only group that doesnt hit the average percentage for prayers answered are athiests becasue we dont pray but we still get just as interesting things happen to us without even bothering to pray

How do you get a chance to see His power? You hang around true Christians who believe in Him and eventually you will see something that will prove He exists.
or i can convince myself its his power becasue i have been placed into an accepting frame by my time spent with said christains telling me its real

thats like spending time in a an old house and bieng told its riddled with ghosts every bang bump and natural noise you convince your self is a ghost which proves ghosts exist

which is why personal experience is the worst form of evidence for anything, because we make most of it up our selves and the rest we just misinterpret to fit what we want

[edit on 19/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
God is instructing Israel to kill the Meidianites because of Idolatry and spare what can be spared. Meaning, some of the Israel's men and women were also being being led away by balaam ( pagen God) they to would die.
I do want to add something, what ever gave you the idea that God is not everything? He never denies whom he is...for God states "I am what I am"...If God knows after death, which you do not nor none of us do...but understands that death should not be a fear, than life and death mean very little to God because he is God in both. Christianity is in the new testament. You will find the first books of the Bible in many different religions, so there is no denial that there is a God you would just Tailor him to fit your needs. Maybe God tailors you to fit his plan and when you no longer have purpose you die! After you die than you will truly be able to understand your purpose, but in the mean time and in between time seek your purpose here, accept God for all that he is good and bad....because really who are you to judge the almighty God...Who are you that you know so much more than God? you silly fool you do not even know your self, how could you possibly know Gods ways?The bible gives us instruction, the Torah, the Koran, all of them lend instruction....there are many names for God....If people want to argue four corners of a book be my guest. BUT I think we can all agree you have no clue of God...the only thing you can attempt to do is seek him...for that you will be rewarded. I actually feel sorry for your soul to be so lost and of no understanding, believing you have the ability to control God. you can barely control yourself.....I will truly pray for you in hopes that God may reveal to you his wonderful plan.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I know I have heard that line from every gun toteing believer I know ..
I have never once heard anything in the NT where anyone was told to fight back or use a weapon of any kind ...In fact just the opposite .
I just think that scripture had to have had some other meaning than the literal one .....I could be wrong ....I personally HATE violence of any kind .I have never fought back ever in my life (except one time when I was about 12 I did hit another girl which I felt horrible after I did it )and she ganged up on me with 5 other girls everyday at school and everyday on the bus ..this was after months and months of her messing with me constantly .... ..violence begets violence ....revenge begets revenge etc etc ..a slippery slippery slope .
Besides that scripture says we wrestle not with flesh and blood
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]

So why would having a sword and killing flesh and blood do anything at all if it is not even the entity that we war against ?

The word also says ..He who kills by the sword will die by the sword ..
I prefer not to even carry a weapon ..I would not want to have someone elses blood on my hands ....

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The word also says ..He who kills by the sword will die by the sword ..
I prefer not to even carry a weapon ..I would not want to have someone elses blood on my hands ....

No one said anything about killing people. Simple principle in society; people with weapons seldom get attacked. Protection from evading conflict altogether and no one gets hurt.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hey Wolf ..
I was talking to the Anonymous Poster who posted this ..

[I believe it is wrong to murder and I wouldn't kill unless I defended myself or my children.......it is ok to defend yourself and you don't have to take a beating from a husband, boyfriened, wife, girlfriend, etc...

Jesus did tell the apostles to buy a sword....obviously to defend themselves.

Lu 22:36 -
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

DLO]

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The old testament is a history book. All you really need is any one gospel and revelations. However it's good for providing us a play by play account on what the rulers of the world have in store for us because it's them who follow it and reject the new testament.

The verse is about history. Man's dna, specifically the Israelites. was always in danger of being corrupted by alien or demonic seed. God had to keep it pure at least until Jesus was born. So I guess he couldn't take any chances with any boys and girls running off and having unprotected sex underneath the palm trees.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"The old testament is a history book. All you really need is any one gospel and revelations."

******Absolutely wrong. I don't know who told you that but its a personal opinion or the doctine of a movement that is Satanic. The OT is God interacting with man. You need to know ALL the books that reference the other which shows the miracle of God's written word. It tells of the 365 prophesies and how later in the NT how Jesus filled them all. It tells literally how we were formed and the miracles that God worked through man. The unity of the OT and NT is essential to understanding God on our level, or what God wants us to know for now. It was written by 40 different authors, in 66 books and over a period of 1,600 years. No contradictions, but maybe some translation errors but none are contradictions. The Alleged Contradications are mentioned by those that have no clue of what God is telling us and others that are purposely mistranslating to include Clergy in the Catholic Church, Christian evangelicals employed by the Illumianti like BillyGraham, Joel Osteen, Robert sheuller, Benny Hinn, copeland, Hagee, Hagin, Paisley, Scott Warren, Bently, and many more are not in line with truth.

"However it's good for providing us a play by play account on what the rulers of the world have in store for us because it's them who follow it and reject the new testament."

*****No, its a play by play account about what God has in store for those that have disobeyed his commandments and turned their backs on him and Jesus, God incarnate. The "rulers of the World" unless they repent, will suffer horrific tribulations along with others that have not taken Jesus As their savior.

"The verse is about history. Man's dna, specifically the Israelites."

*****No, its about Gods love for mankind and the Verses reveal Gods nature to us.

"was always in danger of being corrupted by alien or demonic seed. God had to keep it pure at least until Jesus was born."

*****We agree with this one. Genesis 6:4, Satan corrupted the sons of God and man also. Created Nephilim that exists today. They are demonic and will show themselves soon.

No, because having sex without marriage is against Gods commandments. simple

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join