It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this bible verse does not mean what I think it does!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
After reading the bible and some other very interesting books, I have been contemplating that the bible may have been a plan to take over the world physically, mentally and spiritually. A lot of verses seem to imply harm to anybody who does not think like this god wants. Other verses I do not even want to think about because they make me sick as to think god is telling these people to do what I think he is. For example, what does this verse mean? Numbers 31:17-18 “now kill all the boys and all the women who have had sexual intercourse. Only the little girls may live; you may keep them for yourselves.”

[edit on 9-11-2008 by The Stand]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
sadly people always belive somone aslong as their popular and they say god told them. Just like today Mormons, Christians, and Muslims all have their present day revelators who if they desired could convice millions of lost people to kill for them. It doesnt matter if it makes sense only "if it came from god". The only words important in the bible are the words of Jesus. All of old testament is retarded by now.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

So does that mean all churches should only teach from the New testament and we should forget Jesus' dad? Not to mention do you think Jesus would have been the savior of the new if it were not for the old?

[edit on 10-11-2008 by The Stand]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They were poeple "claiming" to hear a voice in their head that they identifyed as "god". They were ignorant by design sadly. You have to see motive behind hte words. Those kings never killed for god.... only for gold. You build your new future upon the learned knowledge of past mistakes. Understand that they where lost and greedy which is easy to see though their actions. They knew very little of truth and shared none of it.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Wertdagf]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I am confussed, I thought Jesus's dad was god, not a king. Maybe I am missing something?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The biggest battle the whole world and every individual in it will find will actually only ever be with...One's own MIND

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Thank you for the thought but what do you think this verse means? I would like someone to clarify this for me to make sure I understand and am not confussed.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Stand

The worlds religions were created and formed to control and manipulate mankind.

Read The Gods of Eden by William Bramley.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I remember there was a group a while ago that used a verse forbidding intercourse between a Jewish man with a Gentile. Fellow walked by and stabbed a couple with a spear. God applauded him for it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
From whos mouth did that praise come from and claim that it was gods? That is where the game of telephone broke down. You know what the verse means i can see right through you. The man that both wrote and spoke those words was blind... and you can see the fruits of those words today.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
First off I'd like to say that I do believe in a single creator of all things. That being said I would like to provide you with a grain of salt and a link to the death toll in the bible:
dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com...

I dont think you can take any book as complete truth nor do I think anyone on the planet follows even half the laws in their holy books

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

The more I have been studying into that thought, the more I am starting to think that not only is it possible but most of the world has been fooled.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well from own understanding quite a lot of the bible both new and old testament are only accounts of what happened and are not actual eye-witness accounts. In some cases some books may have been transcribed innumerable amount of times.
Because if we were to take some accounts quite literally then like in
Leviticus 14:33-47 we would take our own dwellings down brick by brick if we saw so much as a spot of mould on a wall, yeah?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Interesting, the following article was recently published at Infowars.com

The Disappearing Male

CBC
November 9, 2008

“We are conducting a vast toxicological experiment in which our children and our children’s children are the experimental subjects.” Dr. Herbert Needleman

The Disappearing Male is about one of the most important, and least publicized, issues facing the human species: the toxic threat to the male reproductive system.

The last few decades have seen steady and dramatic increases in the incidence of boys and young men suffering from genital deformities, low sperm count, sperm abnormalities and testicular cancer.

At the same time, boys are now far more at risk of suffering from ADHD, autism, Tourette’s syndrome, cerebral palsy, and dyslexia.

The Disappearing Male takes a close and disturbing look at what many doctors and researchers now suspect are responsible for many of these problems: a class of common chemicals that are ubiquitous in our world.

Found in everything from shampoo, sunglasses, meat and dairy products, carpet, cosmetics and baby bottles, they are called “hormone mimicking” or “endocrine disrupting” chemicals and they may be starting to damage the most basic building blocks of human development.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It is not a matter of seeing right through me, I think it is clear that a very bad feeling about god came from what I said. The question was does it mean what I think it does or is there another way to see this?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You should read my thread where I state each person is tested. If you will do certain things it only means you will not bypass fear.

If you will not bypass the things stated by God or any one just because you're scared to go against them, then you're seen a tool that doesnt make its own decisions.

It was Eve which helped Adam defy the fear God placed with warning about what not to eat from. So Eve is indeed Adam's help met. Your rib is for using as a guard and a weapon.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Stand
...as to think god is telling these people to do what I think he is. For example, what does this verse mean? Numbers 31:17-18 “now kill all the boys and all the women who have had sexual intercourse. Only the little girls may live; you may keep them for yourselves.”

[edit on 9-11-2008 by The Stand]

No wonder you can't understand it. Apparently, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

Who was it again that is saying that? (Here's a hint: It's not God.)

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yes it means what you think it does. They would then rape most of the wemon and then kill them because they wouldnt be virgins. The thugs that where used in the bible had NO religion only a mob mentality.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Stand

This is what happens when God "inspires" books instead of writing them himself, people put their own spin on things and those 'spins' contain some pretty nasty things at times. This is why you can't really take the bible very seriously.

But anyway, If you thought that was bad, there is a whole load more: SHOULD WE ADMIRE JESUS?

[edit on 11/9/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
You should read my thread where I state each person is tested. If you will do certain things it only means you will not bypass fear.

If you will not bypass the things stated by God or any one just because you're scared to go against them, then you're seen a tool that doesnt make its own decisions.

It was Eve which helped Adam defy the fear God placed with warning about what not to eat from. So Eve is indeed Adam's help met. Your rib is for using as a guard and a weapon.
That is interesting that you said this because not only would this have been the work of the snake but I have heard that the snake was actually the creator god.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join