It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this bible verse does not mean what I think it does!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
reply to post by L.I.B.

gold star for you

yes its a 1 liner but hey i can deal with that why cant you?

LOL

I walk away for what seemed like only a moment... was probably more like 30 minutes, I don't know really. Come back and see that a bunch has transpired. Looks like I have some reading to do and possibly replies too.

Thank you, noobfan, not only for this, but also for your kind words said on my behalf yesterday. I'm STILL trying to deal with it!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GladTidings
The "good news" is that our sins r forgiven

Hell is not made 4 ppl, it is made for the devil and his angels
except the ones gad made with the sole intention of sending them to hell?

how about the ones that are unable o hear his message becaseu of location or age(bieng to young)?

what about the jews god intentionally blinded and deafened so they could not hear jesus's message?

This is y Jesus made a way 4 us to b saved
maybe he should teach the evangelsits how to save that way they wont be scamming money all the time

and after all He went through to save us if one will not accept it there is nothing else He can do to save them.
he could pop round and say hi, if jesus turns up for a chat ill happily make him a coffee and offer him a comfy chair

He will not violate our free will
unless your one of the jews he condemned to hell?

so even though He doesn't want anyone to go to hell,
except all the above examples

if they insist He will sadly ablige.
4 anyone who is interested in the theology of redemption, the book of Hebrews is really good and spells it out really well.

yes now read the first 4 verses of hebrews 7

its another jesus only this one goes better then imaculate conception he didnt have a mother or father he is imortal and the son of god ... doesnt that make him better then jesus? or is he jesus's brother?

im confused isnt suddenly appearing out of thin air a more holy act then god getting your single unmarried mother pregnant?

[edit on 14/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.I.B.

Thank you, noobfan, not only for this, but also for your kind words said on my behalf yesterday. I'm STILL trying to deal with it!

hahaha a friendly atheist is really that rare?

guess im living proof morales arnt exclusive to religeon

you just stepped into the cross fire of Moooo he is a great guy and very passionate about things whch is a good quality

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

you sound like a god fearing atheist like myself thats been dealing with creationists though out the day

great quote shame about having to be scared of a supposedly friendly loving caring god ........

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The Sumerians, like the Ancient Egyptians, developed their deities, who reflected the growth of culture, from vague spirit groups, which, like ghosts, were hostile to mankind. Those spirits who could be propitiated were exalted as benevolent deities; those who could not be bargained with were regarded as evil gods and goddesses. A better understanding of the character of Babylonian deities will therefore be obtained by passing the demons and evil spirits under review.
www.sacred-texts.com...

In the early stages of Sumerian culture, the gods and goddesses who formed groups were indistinguishable from demons. They were vaguely defined, and had changing shapes. When attempts were made to depict them they were represented in many varying forms. Some were winged bulls or lions with human heads; others had even more remarkable composite forms. The "dragon of Babylon", for instance, which was portrayed on walls of temples, had a serpent's head, a body covered with scales, the fore legs of a lion, hind legs of an eagle, and a long wriggling serpentine tail. Ea had several monster forms. The following description of one of these is repulsive enough:--

The head is the head of a serpent,
From his nostrils mucus trickles,
His mouth is beslavered with water;
The ears are like those of a basilisk,
His horns are twisted into three curls,
He wears a veil in his head band,
The body is a suh-fish full of stars,
The base of his feet are claws,
The sole of his foot has no heel,
His name is Sassu-wunnu,
A sea monster, a form of Ea.
R. C. Thompson's Translation. 1

Even after the gods were given beneficent attributes;, to reflect the growth of culture, and were humanized, they still retained many of their savage characteristics. Bel Enlil and his fierce son, Nergal, were destroyers
of mankind; the storm god desolated the land; the sky god deluged it with rain; the sea raged furiously, ever hungering for human victims; the burning sun struck down its victims; and the floods played havoc with the dykes and houses of human beings. In Egypt the sun god Ra was similarly a "producer of calamity", the composite monster god Sokar was "the lord of fear". 1 Osiris in prehistoric times had been "a dangerous god", and some of the Pharaohs sought protection against him in the charms inscribed in their tombs. 2 The Indian Shiva, "the Destroyer", in the old religious poems has also primitive attributes of like character.
www.sacred-texts.com...

Consequently, present-day excavators and students have often reason to be grateful that the habit likewise obtained of inscribing on bricks in buildings and the stone sockets of doors the names of kings and others. These records render obscure periods faintly articulate, and are indispensable for comparative purposes. Historical clues are also obtained from lists of year names. Each city king named a year in celebration of a great event--his own succession to the throne, the erection of a new temple or of a city wall, or, mayhap, the defeat of an invading army from a rival state. Sometimes, too, a monarch gave the name of his father in an official inscription, or happily mentioned several ancestors. Another may be found to have made an illuminating statement regarding a predecessor, who centuries previously erected the particular temple that he himself has piously restored. A reckoning of this kind, however, cannot always be regarded as absolutely correct. It must be compared with and tested by other records, for in these ancient days calculations were not unfrequently based on doubtful inscriptions, or mere oral traditions, perhaps. Nor can implicit trust be placed on every reference to historical events, for the memoried deeds of great rulers were not always unassociated with persistent and cumulative myths. It must be recognized, therefore, that even portions of the data which had of late been sifted and systematized by Oriental scholars in Europe, may yet have to be subjected to revision. Many interesting and important discoveries, which will throw fresh light on this fascinating early period, remain to be made in that ancient and deserted land, which still lies under the curse of the Hebrew prophet, who exclaimed: "Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and

p. 114

[paragraph continues] Gomorrah. It shall never be inhabited; neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there. But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there. And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses and dragons in their pleasant palaces.
www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

that was a cute angle

fear in this sense means respect and aknowledgement.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GladTidings

Hello Again,

Hell is not made 4 ppl, it is made for the devil and his angels
This is y Jesus made a way 4 us to b saved
and after all He went through to save us if one will not accept it there is nothing else He can do to save them. He will not violate our free will
so even though He doesn't want anyone to go to hell, if they insist He will sadly ablige.

Hmmm...

You said: Hell is not made for people, but is instead for the devil and his angels.

Well then, why are you saying that people will be going to hell?

Sounds like, to me, one side of your mouth doesn't know what the other side is saying. There's no continuity to your comments. They are confused. As it is written: God is not the author of confusion, therefore...

May I give you a biblical verse to consider: If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know; 1 Corinthians 8:2

Now, it's obvious to me the the verse immediately following also applies to you: but if anyone loves God, he is known by Him. 1 Corinthians 8:3

May I kindly suggest that the second verse satisfy you?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by noobfun

that was a cute angle

fear in this sense means respect and aknowledgement.

^_^ yay im cute too

with all these comliments ill start thinking people like me or other crazyness

always prefered

"The truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is. " - Winston churchill

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Every primitive people dream up gods and demigods, not just the Sumerians and Egyptians etc.

Like I said, Akhenaten believed in the single creator God and taught very christian ideals. Just FYI

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by Simplynoone

Every primitive people dream up gods and demigods, not just the Sumerians and Egyptians etc.

Like I said, Akhenaten believed in the single creator God and taught very christian ideals. Just FYI

his set up was very much like the catholic church with him as the pope

he converesed with god then passed gods message to the people, and through him people could indirectly converse back

dont know if he a had a big shiney hat too though, i want a shiney pope hat they are just awesome

its funny it always seems to be animal, ancestor nature spirits first then gets all excitable and big cloudmen appear

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Most of the pharoahs wore big bombastic hats too so maybe.

I must say I don't quite understand you last line.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by noobfun

Most of the pharoahs wore big bombastic hats too so maybe.

they are a bit like pope hats ... i hope they were shiney white with gold trim too ^_^

the earliest forms of religeon they all start out with animal/ancestor and nature spirits controlling the things around them

and they give thanks to deer spirits for hunting and killing a deer etc and they are respectful to nature and thier enviroment

but then after a bit great beardy cloud men appear and suddenly respect for the animals goes right out the window and they are bieng killed willynilly for no purpose other then said cloudman says so

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Ah yes I see what you mean. It's a strange thing in anthropology.

At times it's really sudden when their gods gain a homind form. Makes me suspicious. You seen the ancient astronaut cave paintings? Amazing.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

That was an excellent post. It illustrated the point that I made on the bottom of the last page perfectly. Star for noob.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

why ty ^_^ always like getting a new star

maybe i should get a job at McDonalds ........ or not

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

reply to post by noobfun

Ah yes I see what you mean. It's a strange thing in anthropology.

At times it's really sudden when their gods gain a homind form. Makes me suspicious. You seen the ancient astronaut cave paintings? Amazing.

yeah its a crude picture and pretty ambiguous so it can mean what ever people want it to mean, similar pictures crop up in other places too

ill go with the form of expression rathe then astronauts though dam you occam's razor for spoiling some of the fun stuff

but some of the later cave painitings are just stunning
www.mazzaroth.com...
bieng one of the best ones in europe

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Maybe ...since satan is the prince of the power of the air ...and is the god of this world (he is the god of the earthly carnal world) ...God said LET THERE BE and Lucifer was in charge of the elements and was the director of the creations.

Just a thought ...

so it's like a producer/director relationship? That would make sense, and it would also account for the Greek(among other cultures) Gods, who were gods of many things, if they really angels assigned to create specific things. And all in the middle is God, directing the show.

And for Seek4Truth, there is one truth, here it is: "And God said, Let there be light, and there was light." There is light, so it must be true.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
The Sumerians, like the Ancient Egyptians, developed their deities, who reflected the growth of culture, from vague spirit groups, which, like ghosts, were hostile to mankind. Those spirits who could be propitiated were exalted as benevolent deities; those who could not be bargained with were regarded as evil gods and goddesses. A better understanding of the character of Babylonian deities will therefore be obtained by passing the demons and evil spirits under review.
www.sacred-texts.com...

In the early stages of Sumerian culture, the gods and goddesses who formed groups were indistinguishable from demons. They were vaguely defined, and had changing shapes. When attempts were made to depict them they were represented in many varying forms. Some were winged bulls or lions with human heads; others had even more remarkable composite forms. The "dragon of Babylon", for instance, which was portrayed on walls of temples, had a serpent's head, a body covered with scales, the fore legs of a lion, hind legs of an eagle, and a long wriggling serpentine tail. Ea had several monster forms. The following description of one of these is repulsive enough:--

The head is the head of a serpent,
From his nostrils mucus trickles,
His mouth is beslavered with water;
The ears are like those of a basilisk,
His horns are twisted into three curls,
He wears a veil in his head band,
The body is a suh-fish full of stars,
The base of his feet are claws,
The sole of his foot has no heel,
His name is Sassu-wunnu,
A sea monster, a form of Ea.
R. C. Thompson's Translation. 1

Even after the gods were given beneficent attributes;, to reflect the growth of culture, and were humanized, they still retained many of their savage characteristics. Bel Enlil and his fierce son, Nergal, were destroyers
of mankind; the storm god desolated the land; the sky god deluged it with rain; the sea raged furiously, ever hungering for human victims; the burning sun struck down its victims; and the floods played havoc with the dykes and houses of human beings. In Egypt the sun god Ra was similarly a "producer of calamity", the composite monster god Sokar was "the lord of fear". 1 Osiris in prehistoric times had been "a dangerous god", and some of the Pharaohs sought protection against him in the charms inscribed in their tombs. 2 The Indian Shiva, "the Destroyer", in the old religious poems has also primitive attributes of like character.
www.sacred-texts.com...

Consequently, present-day excavators and students have often reason to be grateful that the habit likewise obtained of inscribing on bricks in buildings and the stone sockets of doors the names of kings and others. These records render obscure periods faintly articulate, and are indispensable for comparative purposes. Historical clues are also obtained from lists of year names. Each city king named a year in celebration of a great event--his own succession to the throne, the erection of a new temple or of a city wall, or, mayhap, the defeat of an invading army from a rival state. Sometimes, too, a monarch gave the name of his father in an official inscription, or happily mentioned several ancestors. Another may be found to have made an illuminating statement regarding a predecessor, who centuries previously erected the particular temple that he himself has piously restored. A reckoning of this kind, however, cannot always be regarded as absolutely correct. It must be compared with and tested by other records, for in these ancient days calculations were not unfrequently based on doubtful inscriptions, or mere oral traditions, perhaps. Nor can implicit trust be placed on every reference to historical events, for the memoried deeds of great rulers were not always unassociated with persistent and cumulative myths. It must be recognized, therefore, that even portions of the data which had of late been sifted and systematized by Oriental scholars in Europe, may yet have to be subjected to revision. Many interesting and important discoveries, which will throw fresh light on this fascinating early period, remain to be made in that ancient and deserted land, which still lies under the curse of the Hebrew prophet, who exclaimed: "Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and

p. 114

[paragraph continues] Gomorrah. It shall never be inhabited; neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there. But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there. And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses and dragons in their pleasant palaces.
www.sacred-texts.com...

Good job, you are trying. Ea, the snake, the dragon has always been the creator up untill the time that enlil stole the stories of the creator. Enlil, the bible is the first story and only one to claim he is god. There are 1000's all around the world and enlils story is the newest and only one to have altered the original stories which date back 100,000 years before your so called god stole that story and started raping the little girls. Bred a race of people who are still doing this today. Im sorry but if you give to this low life piece of crap you are helping to kill all of our families. They made your ancestors worship Jesus on the promise of death, wake up! You would not be here if they did not convert to another bunch of stolen stories. They are now in the bible as enlil's. He had two horns on his head and believed in war and stripping the people of their knowledge. He wanted us to not be like the gods. You should know this story it was stolen and put into the bible with a claim to worship only him, like he was doing us a favor to keep us stupid.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kiltedninja

Can you try to better explain what you are trying to say to me, I do not want to get the wrong ideal.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by seek4 truth]

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join