It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this bible verse does not mean what I think it does!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Stand

there is no single god in the bible!!!!!! ; there is at least five of them namely enki,enlil,anu,ishar and others
if u realize the gods were trestial human looking you will understand that so called gods were jelaus of each other that is why they put these laws so u could be only obeying one at time ; they really had not power to enforce their laws so they kept on scaring people with stories ; yes they had technology space ships, beam weapons, nuclear and could levitate at will
see this halexandria.org

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
there is but one God. The ones you mention are probably demons as they have a hierarchy as well. There is one God and his only Begotten son is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God in human form and he will return to take away his own...and then he will come back to set up a kingdom that will last for 1,000 years, and after Satan is released one more time he will be cast into the lake of fire.

reply to post by k3456789

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The ruler of the world is one and his saints. The Saints are made up of those that have taken Jesus as their savior. The rulers of the world are mentioned in revelation and its the Anti-Christ for only seven years.

reply to post by seek4 truth

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The stories are real and they actually happened. Moses parted the sea as God gave him the power to do so.....the world was flooded and Noah was saved. The rest were killed due to the distorted seed of the Fallen Angels, Sons of God in genesis 6, Satan corrupted the word of God and made them sons of god but not before.

reply to post by Anonymous ATS

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
The stories are real and they actually happened. Moses parted the sea as God gave him the power to do so.....the world was flooded and Noah was saved. The rest were killed due to the distorted seed of the Fallen Angels, Sons of God in genesis 6, Satan corrupted the word of God and made them sons of god but not before.

So the only human survivors were Noah's family. Then that means we are all descendants of people indulging in incest.

One question who was the second woman on Earth and where did she come from?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You exposed nothing but a convoluted interpretation of the Bible. You have no idea what is or isn't a good Christian.........I'm here.

reply to post by Good Wolf

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
We are all decendants of Noah, and still the nephilim returned. The notion of incest was not applicaple in those days as they are now.

reply to post by malcr

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

Well in that case I'm going to accuse you of having a convoluted twisted interpretation of the bible, too. But then you'll just disagree and things will just go round and round. That's why I don't usually bother.

However, you have made a lot of claims and haven't bothered to back any of them up, you've also just avoided rebuttals outright. These kind of behaviours make you a useless ATS member.

So are you gonna stop wasting time and actually contribute?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
What claims are you speaking of? The Bible is the main source. Since you will discredit the bible then you maybe shouldn't be going out with anyone.

reply to post by Good Wolf

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Firstly, that the gospels were written by eyewitness accounts.

This is the only time that you backed anything you said. You backed it with two highly biased sources and a page from wikipedia which completely disagreed with your assertion.

Pretty much everything else has been drivel.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

there is but one God. The ones you mention are probably demons as they have a hierarchy as well.

he makes me laugh can we keep him?

he really is as crazy and entertaining as a bucket of frogs

The rulers of the world are mentioned in revelation and its the Anti-Christ for only seven years.
only 7? he soulnds like fun i was hoping for at least a good 40 or 50 years, if im gonna burn in a pit for all etenity then i want more then 7 years to stock up on fond party time memories

Satan corrupted the word of God
but isnt the word of god the old testament? you mean the newtestament is just stuck on the end of satans bible?
so you mean when the new testament refferences the old testament it was really satan in a flase beard? and moses was a demon homosexual adulterer who insulted his parents often?

You exposed nothing but a convoluted interpretation of the Bible. You have no idea what is or isn't a good Christian.........I'm here.
who do you think were using as a measuring stick?

i may not know a good christian(well i do plenty) but i can recognise a paranoid delusional with a denial complex will that suffice?

and still the nephilim returned
dam those evil giants, lets kill anyone over 6'4" just incase

[edit on 14/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The ruler of the world is one and his saints. The Saints are made up of those that have taken Jesus as their savior. The rulers of the world are mentioned in revelation and its the Anti-Christ for only seven years.

I 100% disagree completely. Jesus was murdered by these people. Jesus tells them - the prince of this world is coming, and he has nothing for me. He told the people they were the authority, and yet you have come saying that he is atop of a system that where the people are not given authority and quickly lose it.

And the anti-christ tries to take the role of god on earth. He does this through systems and government. Wants to be all knowing and such(spy programs). The so called anti-christ just comes in at the end once the systems to allow it are built.

So tell me, how does a man who refused to become king and be ruler of the world, who went against the authority to the point where he was abused and murdered end up having people who have "taken Jesus as their savior" end up building a system the gives all the control to the anti-christ?

Jesus comes into a troubled world, tells the truth and is killed for it. The world stays troubled until his returned, and the trouble is capped by the coming of the anti-christ. The only "rulers" on this earth right now do not represent Jesus at all. They are false idol worshipers, they put all their focus in the image of Jesus and they do not follow his path. If they did follow his path, they wouldn't be in positions of power on earth, their rewards would be in heaven. The rich man in gods eyes is the man with knowledge and understanding, not the man with the most wealth on earth.

The people of this earth are to be fooled to where the majority support the anti-christ. And these people are the ones who are blinded by symbolism and idolatry. As they see god as external, it allows someone to step up and assume the role. It is those who see god as external rather than internal, have turned over their temple to authority and given up their own authority in exchange for being ruled over by symbolism that turn their back on god.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man
, which built his house upon a rock:

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by The Stand
...as to think god is telling these people to do what I think he is. For example, what does this verse mean? Numbers 31:17-18 “now kill all the boys and all the women who have had sexual intercourse. Only the little girls may live; you may keep them for yourselves.”

[edit on 9-11-2008 by The Stand]

No wonder you can't understand it. Apparently, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

Who was it again that is saying that? (Here's a hint: It's not God.)

just in case anyone didn't know it was moses that said this.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Stand

Originally posted by Mabus
You should read my thread where I state each person is tested. If you will do certain things it only means you will not bypass fear.

If you will not bypass the things stated by God or any one just because you're scared to go against them, then you're seen a tool that doesnt make its own decisions.

It was Eve which helped Adam defy the fear God placed with warning about what not to eat from. So Eve is indeed Adam's help met. Your rib is for using as a guard and a weapon.
That is interesting that you said this because not only would this have been the work of the snake but I have heard that the snake was actually the creator god.

this ties in to the Enki and Enlil theories.....

there were two gods, one good one bad.....one was the good one who set us free from slavery gave us free-will and taught us the ways of fire, farming, etc. one was the bad one who inspired the bible.....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

So the only human survivors were Noah's family. Then that means we are all descendants of people indulging in incest.

One question who was the second woman on Earth and where did she come from?

the gene pool then was alot higher quality.....we had not fallen as far from eden in those times, and our dna code had not degraded to the extent it has today..adam and eve's sons and daughters all married each other.....

also the second woman was eve, the first being the somewhat bitchy sounding lilith en.wikipedia.org...

I have atheory that the snake in eden is actually her, depicted in this way because she was the source of rebellion, envy, jealousy and deciet in this world.....basically she was pissed about eve being created and went on a mission to jazz things up a bit....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamclement

just in case anyone didn't know it was moses that said this.

well Moses couldnt use the nueremberg defence then god only said kill the sucker

31:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
31:2 Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people.
31:3 And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the LORD of Midian.

31:7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. iguess they missed somebecasue they kill the male children later
31:8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword.
31:9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods.

god told him to go kill em i guess it was just moses that thought they should keep all the young girlies ... nothing to do with God right? he just sent em off to war

but as he had already warned them about going awhoring with the midenite women if they are doing it again pedo style you would expect God to cast another great plague or other punishment

what does god do? nothing he doesnt see it as such a bad thing now they have killed most of them, he doesnt even say its naughty but ok ill let you off this time

a certain lack of divine intervention ..... thanks loving god where would we be without your morality flipflopping, ^_^ loving jesus must be so proud of his daddy

but wait whats that?

Num 31:25 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Num 31:26 Take the sum of the prey that was taken, [both] of man and of beast, thou, and Eleazar the priest, and the chief fathers of the congregation:
Num 31:27 And divide the prey into two parts; between them that took the war upon them, who went out to battle, and between all the congregation:

awww was hoping for some last minute morality but noi god just tells them how to share it all nicely

Num 31:40 And the persons [were] sixteen thousand; of which the LORD'S tribute [was] thirty and two persons.

he even got his own share of virgins ... i guess the muslims are right you do get given groups of virgins when your in heaven but only 32 not the 40 the quaran said ... or is that just inflation it was written 2000 years after the old testament
but now at least Moses can use the neurenberg defence

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamclement
.....basically she was pissed about eve being created and went on a mission to jazz things up a bit....

the crazy Ex-girlfriend* ... i think many of us have been there and understand

*or boyfriend depending on your sex or sexual orientation

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The Sons of God in Genesis 6 were Angelic beings given human form. Satan corrupted them along with man to destroy the chance of Jesus, coming messiah reigning from the Royal bloodline. It almost worked but as God say the DNA was corrupted worldwide and therefore he brought the flood except for Noah's family. The Entities, Sons of God are immortal and survived to breed again after the flood, reference Nimrod, 10-12 cubits tall and evil to the core. This was the beginning of the Masons, new Nephilim, as this was Nimrod. Thus began the Illuminati that is here with us today and formenting this New World Order based on the worship of Satan disguised as the New Age Movement......The New Age Movement is just another name to cover what it really is under a cloak, called "NAZISM".........having the exact same tenets....

reply to post by adamclement

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

there is but one God. The ones you mention are probably demons as they have a hierarchy as well. There is one God and his only Begotten son is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God in human form and he will return to take away his own...and then he will come back to set up a kingdom that will last for 1,000 years, and after Satan is released one more time he will be cast into the lake of fire.

reply to post by k3456789

The only demon is the god who wrote the bible. He stole all those stories including the creation story and claimed it as his own. You need to wake up and pull your head out of that bible and read some older texts, you know, before the bible was written.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun

It seems that yahwe is quite eternally emphatic about consuming blood, eternally so. The penalty for breaking this law is to be cut off from god no exceptions.
This law runs through the bible consistantly, (I've counted up to 50 times so far !) yahweh is quite clear about this law and it applies to ALL generations.

It is inconceivable that yahwe would (after he turned himself into Jesus) revoke or in anyway excuse the breach of this law.

It is obviously equally inconceivable that Jesus/Yahwe would instruct that his people should suddenly incorporate the pagan practice of seremonially eating human flesh and drinking blood.

This would all intents and purposes be like god instructing his creation to "pretend" to worship other gods on the sabbath, in order to remeber how great god is.

IMO if there is any one law that would never be revoked it is this, no christian practice could possibly more offencive to Yahwe than the Sacriment.

This religious practice of eating human flesh and drinking blood (if only pretend) has got to be the most anti semetic acts of all time.

Thank you for your post. I can see how one might come to these conclusions though maybe with a little clarification and prayer things will make more sense.
I'm glad u know the background about blood in the Bible.
Though i would not say that YHWH would consume the sacrifice he was given nor the blood, it is not implied in the text.
firstly I am praying for u that u would listen and hear the voice of the only true and living God and that i would b a vessle used by Him.
"Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts"

Then he shall sprinkle some of the blood of the sin offering on the side of the altar, and the rest of the blood shall be drained out at the base of the altar. It is a sin offering.
Leviticus 5:9

this is one among many of the references to the offerings and the blood of the offerings. These were offered to atone for sins in the Old Covenant.
Now we r under the New Covenant which is for all ppl and is not dependant upon wether or not we can keep all of the laws. The New Covenant is made with Jesus' blood and covers all the sin of the world once and for all.

Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
Hebrews 9:12

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:13-17

Now since we are in this New Covenant, there is only one sin that will send us to hell.
The only unforgivable sin is the sin of unbelief or the "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit"
love and prayers GT

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join