It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this bible verse does not mean what I think it does!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

i think it just got lost in copy/paste

it adds or detracts nothing so although its wrongish not not post the whole thing it makes no real differance

bad MOOOO naughty

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

What ? you mean there's more than one type of bible? You are joking right?

If you admit that there's contradictions ie errors and different editions of the bible what has been the point of you trying to prove its validity?

Sorry dude I really don't want to be a twat but it seems the height of arrogance to spend such a long time trying to justify your beliefs when the source of your beliefs are in error/ flawed/ contrived/.

We now return to the last 2 bastions of defence of this belief system -

Inspired by God

A matter of faith

Okey dokey, Given the fact that the bible is in error and not the word of god as god is inerrant, which parts of the bible are inspired by god and how do you know this if the bible is the only souce of your belief?

If it's a matter of faith ie something that cannot be proven and has no evidence to prove it's validity whatsoever.

Then what right has this faith in any way shape or form to dictate to me me or my family how to behave and how to think ?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
reply to post by Good Wolf

wonder if they still wear those nifty black uniforms

the SS were a bunch of somthing i cant say without getting banned but they sure had styish uniforms

a white equivalent just wouldnt be as nice

This is one of the strangest conversations ever. Angel Nazi officers.

Gotta agree though, they had some sharp uniforms.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

New American bible dude, we swear by them in Wales, along with lots of patience and cheese

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Mooo play nice please

i like L.I.B she? he? makes sense and has a sense of humore

and more importantly accepts its all a bit messed up and thats more then most christains are willing to go for

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Speaking of good christians, tgambill wasn't one.

I wonder where he got to. His arrogance and ignorance was fun exposing.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

see we just go for the good news bible(what a title) and new international on this side of the border

us english just arnt as cosmopolitan i guess

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

he made an appearance in that thread me and badmedia hijacked for our debate and said the same old i have proof the bibles really written by god himself as he sat on the wall of jerusalem waving at jesus rubbish he was spouting so i laughed pointed and he disappeared again

[edit on 13/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
Thanx for this response, very thought provoking indeed the video is also great.

So as I type these words am I to consider the possibilty that there is only one of us in the room and I'm talking to myself?

I am god and I am arguing with myself. That is also what I said when I first realized these things.

It's also what Jesus says too.

John 14:20 "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you."

It makes more sense when someone says the body is the temple of god when you understand these things.

But while you are god, so is everyone else. Important to know what you are, but not to focus only on yourself.

There is this forest somewhere in Colorado. This huge orchard of trees. It looks like a bunch of separate trees, but in reality it is really just 1 big huge tree. They all share the same root system, they are all connected and are really just 1 organism. To say only 1 of those trees was the real tree would be to ignore the rest of the trees.

Wish I could remember what it was.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Which thread was that?

NZ has been tested as NIV positive lol.

ahem www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/13/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Yup smack on the wrist for me there, perhaps I was taking out my frustration at Noturtypical signing in for some pulpit chewing.

Off to bed now said Zebadee, night said Florence

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

hahahah ive gotta relog-in to post in bts

ill remeber my password in the morning and reply then lol i promise

but you do realsie its just gonan be shawn of the dead quotes

right im out night folks

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
moocowman,

reply to post by L.I.B.

What ? you mean there's more than one type of bible? You are joking right?

LOL

If you admit that there's contradictions ie errors and different editions of the bible what has been the point of you trying to prove its validity?

Sorry dude I really don't want to be a twat but it seems the height of arrogance to spend such a long time trying to justify your beliefs when the source of your beliefs are in error/ flawed/ contrived/.

Justify my beliefs?

Our conversation, moocowman, began when you tried to answer a question I asked of noobfun. In case you missed it, it was near the bottom of page 20 and I was appreciative of your response.

We now return to the last 2 bastions of defence of this belief system -

Inspired by God

A matter of faith

Is your belief system based in inadequate copy and paste or deliberate misquoting of the book in question? You have still yet to tell me which edition you got Matthew 5:17 from.

Okey dokey, Given the fact that the bible is in error and not the word of god as god is inerrant, which parts of the bible are inspired by god and how do you know this if the bible is the only souce of your belief?
Is that an assumption?

If it's a matter of faith ie something that cannot be proven and has no evidence to prove it's validity whatsoever.

You're right.

Then what right has this faith in any way shape or form to dictate to me me or my family how to behave and how to think ?

I don't ever recall saying that it did. You have your own mind, your own life experiences and no one has the right to say it does.

However, I have as much right as you do to offer my opinions and understandings of any subject. Such as you did when responding to my posted inquiry to noobfun.

Edited to add addressee

[edit on 13-11-2008 by L.I.B.]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Dude i remember that tree thing, it was hailed as the largest organism (that word can be somewhat hard to spell when you have other things on your swede) on the planet.

Think it was in the guiness book of records.

Yes, you may well have a point, have I spent the last hour or so denying my own existance ?

I'm sure these mad thoughts have been going through peoples heads for centuries, plato , aristotle blah blah but at the end of the day what has changed?

Only that the paranormal of yesterday is the science of today, so what will the pararnormal of today become ?

If todays paranormal is but a quantum probabilty then the sience of tomorrow is already created and awaiting intent ?

If the intent is my own then am I not the prime mover ?

If I am the prime mover then why does my bank statement still say I am in arrears ?

Yes it's most definately time for me to get some nap

good night all

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

Apologies for what i obviously need to apologise for, I need dome kip desperately and am nodding off at the wheel here.

Did reply with what verison New American bible,

will have to respond to rest 2moro eyes drooping

Goodnight dude,

Beliefs and ideas are worlds apart I have no beliefs just lots of new ideas which are never really new- moocowman

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fletcher33
Is Free Will free?

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Fletcher33]

Well, by the standards of Utilikilts, freedom costs about $150.

That was totally irrelevant, but I felt it necessary to say.

Well now, when I chose to run by the standards of the bible, I had a New international version. Has my name printed on it and all that business.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
moocowman,

reply to post by L.I.B.

Apologies for what i obviously need to apologise for, I need dome kip desperately and am nodding off at the wheel here.

Thanks for that. No worries, we've all been there.

Did reply with what verison New American bible,

I missed that. I think I might have missed several postings by other people too. Will have to catch up on them later also.

will have to respond to rest 2moro eyes drooping

Goodnight dude,

Goodnight. Rest well.

Beliefs and ideas are worlds apart...

Perhaps.

...I have no beliefs just lots of new ideas which are never really new- moocowman

It's okay to not have beliefs, but I don't have to tell you that. And, I do know what you mean about the new ideas that aren't ever really new. So it goes.

Sleep well.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The stories and what-not in the bible, I'm damn ruddy sure, are meant for moral reasons... they're not actual predictions or anything of that sort. Think of it as a childrens tale, that teaches morality... The bible is very much the same thing, but a tad more advanced.

This, I believe is where all these religious fanatics have gotten it wrong. They take it literally. And just to confirm, I don't know whether Jesus did or did not exist.. I just know that, you shouldn't take the bible so seriously. It was written thousands of years ago, to teach people morality.

People, generally, are a bit dim. Which I have nothing against, each to their own as they say. But, they seem to take the bible as if it all actually happened, and I bet my left testicle, that the vast majority of it didn't happen. As with any great story, the core is correct, but they need to expand it, so that people will pay attention

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
you have to read the bible in "context" you can read one verse in the bible and build a whole religion on it.you have to read what it say's before the verse and after the verse to see the meaning of the verse.what i get from the numbers verse is that they defeated a foe that was in there way and spared the wemon and children and the wemon had some kind of sexually transmitted disease.that is why they killed all the wemon who had laid with men and spared the lives of those who had not so to stop the spread of whatever disease it was.you may think this cruel or wrong but with no anti-biotics or no cure for whatever it was.the best way to stop it is kill and burn whoever has itall the stuff it says "to purify" is things that the virus,disease oe whatever it was would linger on and cause someone else to be infected.if you know something is making people sick or killing them and you don't know what it is but it is coming from these certain people and you have no idea how to fix it,you eliminate the cause as you see what you think the cause is.right or wrong,he did what he thought was right to save his people.as far as 'takeing the girls unto yourself' i'm sure it means raising them and not having sex with them.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity doesnt the bible say something about their descendants became the rulers of the world or something like that? Then if it does say that were is it that it says they stopped being the rulers of the world? Can anybody help me with this? I would greatly appreciate it!

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join