It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinley Park UFO - Calling all the UFO debunker's out - Debunk this one!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Originally posted by Europa733
I am a moderator in one of the biggest UFO-website & forum in France and I never got to this day, one single testimony coming from people who thought stars were moving in a "triangular" formation.

Of course you would not get a single testimony like that - what person in their right mind would claim that stars moved in a formation?

The crux of the matter is that people can not be trusted to reliably identify stars, and that people are know to attribute motion to celestial objects when there is none. As I said, there is masses of evidence of this - and I see it all the time here on ATS.

So, if you know you can't trust even your own eyes and brain, how can you take the word of others that "it moved"?

Are you also going to ignore the whitenesses that saw the same thing and said they were just stars (thanks to Phage for posting that)?

Anybody who does not take these things into account is just fooling themselves (and misleading others). If you want to investigate UFOs, at least learn what is not a UFO first, otherwise, how can you ever hope to speak authoritatively on the matter?

Hi C.H.U.D

You are right if you truly put yourself in the perspective of doing a cautious study of this case. Which isn't the case for me.

People said they saw lights flying and changing position in the sky, at least one serious known skeptic (Shermer) watched the video and probably analyzed it to some extent and nobody said in that video that they were motionless. I don't think Shermer would be suggesting illuminated flares
if it would have been just stars.

That's all I took into account to suggest the balloons hypothesis. Now, If I would want to "solve" this case, I would like I said earlier get the original vid' and watch it frame per frame to get a few reference points (stars) to make sure they were not motionless & try to estimate where they were heading to if they were moving.

I would also check Celestial bodies positions with an astronomy software & local weather data.

I don"t have time for that if somoeone wanna do it, my pleasure.

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

You had assumed I didn't consider the possibility, which is not true. I'm sorry if my response was worded in a way that bothered you. It's just my opinion that they're probably not stars. I'm sorry that I don't agree. It's not rude to disagree.

Originally posted by Phage
It would make balloons or lanterns more feasible but more than anything, if these are the correct nights, it calls into question the reliability of a source that claims 30mph winds.

Where did that information come from?

I think that was actually the wind speed during the storm when the UFO Hunters did the balloon-flare experiment. The wind speed during the sighting was supposedly around 12mph or so. (I think that was the max wind speed for the night.)

And I have to say this.... damn those lanterns! Those glo-lantern things really do seem like a possibility.
A UFO hoaxer's best tool... or it may not have even been intended to be a hoax.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Everything in the sky is a U.F.O..
We all look up and assume what we are seeing, is (said object).
Unless you are three feet away from it, physically, you(or we).
Can't truly discern what it is we are seeing.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
While floating around MSNBC I've noticed they have quite a lot of videos regarding UFO sightings.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

"It's probably ET" states one local loon!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Three lights in the night sky does not make a UFO, except in your imagination.

Yawn, just another film of unknown lights....nothing more.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by merky

Incorrect. UNIDENTIFIED lights in the sky makes it a UFO or UFOs. It doesn't necessarily make it an extraterrestrial UFO though. There are usually many possibilities. But UFO is an acronym for Unidentified Flying Object and not Extraterrestrial Flying Object. I think you meant to say that it's probably not an alien ship.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
You had assumed I didn't consider the possibility, which is not true. I'm sorry if my response was worded in a way that bothered you. It's just my opinion that they're probably not stars. I'm sorry that I don't agree. It's not rude to disagree.

No, I didn't assume anything. You considered the possibility, and dismissed it *without even looking at the evidence I presented*.

You don't have to agree with me, but at least you could read the link I pointed everyone to, which is a vital part of my argument.

Understand now?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
No. You made the assumption that I didn't consider your evidence. I already said that I did consider it. I even reconsidered and said that maybe there's a minute possibility that the objects could be stars. I'm not sure what else you want me to say. If you're not happy with that, then I'm sorry, we just don't agree.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

OK, if you did read the article, I'll just have to take your word for it - my apologies.

As I said before, I have no problem with whatever you want to believe.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
i still disagree with you on the government part. but i still say its no legit at all. the video is obviously something other then aliens.
Perhaps you can expound on your assertion that it is something other than Alien. I watched the episode, and the hunters don't know what it was, they just know it wasn't military flares, the wind was blowing 30 mph the night in question, while during the flare experiment the wind was about 12 mph, and those flares were twisting in the wind, like there was no tomorrow, and the flares were dropping large sparks, which all the witnesses, said they didn't see from the triangle the night in question.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the winds were 30 mph the night of the experiment and 12 mph the night of the sighting. The weather was good during the sighting, but there was a storm during the balloon-flare experiment.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by merky
reply to post by TH3ON3

Three lights in the night sky does not make a UFO, except in your imagination.

Yawn, just another film of unknown lights....nothing more.

^ Am...you do know you're contradicting yourself...right?

Unknown lights=UFO

Let me help you out; www.thefreedictionary.com

[edit on 1-11-2008 by sdrawkcabII]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This looks like the effect of the combined aroma of barbecue, burnt bacon and fried sausages that has produced this hallucination!!

OK, jokes apart, this IS intriguing considering that this is one of dozens of vids I've seen with the exact same triangular formation of three strange lights. So it couldn't be just coincidence. Flares or balloons are out as they do not conform to their 'performance' patterns. These could therefore either be:

> Alien.
> Man made (Esoteric Black Ops Projects).

It will be impossible to tell. And so these could be classified as 'Unidentified'.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by merky
Three lights in the night sky does not make a UFO....

just another film of unknown lights....nothing more.

Sorry weak moment... couldn't resist

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Have you tried the embossed technique on this case like you did on the Pasco case Mike?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Who ever said Chinese Lanterns, the one you see is a very cheap Japanese decoration.

On the other hand, I saw the same thing outide goomlake in 1997. This is really cool because its been awhile and I thought I imagined all of it. The only thing different was there was a second triangle in the center that would rotate. The three coners of the main triangle would shoot off in different directions and then come ziping back in formation. I heard it was some form of phscy warfare. Phil.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
reply to post by mikesingh

Have you tried the embossed technique on this case like you did on the Pasco case Mike?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OK, here it is embossed. There seems to be empty space in between the dots/lights.

That means that like in the other siting you have linked to, this one looks similar. Three independent lights 'locked' in formation. This seems to be the most common type of siting. Doesn't look like a triangular craft as some have opined.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

Can you give the adress of this french website please ? (Je suis français aussi ...)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demos
reply to post by Europa733

Can you give the adress of this french website please ? (Je suis français aussi ...)

Salut Demos,

Here it is (I am Buckwild) : ufo-logic.xooit.com...

And another one where I hang out (under Europa73) :
francesurveillance.xooit.com...

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have not see the thread since Friday and I have to LOL at the amount of silliness going on. I also have to say that I am -amazed- it took so long for the Chinese Lantern gambit to be played! Chinese Lanterns that stayed 1500 feet eqidistant, never once altering position relative to each other! It is so easy for both sides of this debate to just throw out the old standbys to see what kind of traction they can get.

In the end all we know is that they were three lights in the sky that night and nobody on this forum can say with 100% certainty what they were. Thus U.F.O. hunters did their job! I know what I would like those lights to be...

But as they used to say in Bootcamp "Looking leads to liking, liking leads to loving and loving leads to -edited for content-"

and I for one am not ready to settle down with those lights.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join