It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinley Park UFO - Calling all the UFO debunker's out - Debunk this one!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is a new thread about the Tinley Park UFO sighting. I have posted this in response to all of the current debunker's that lurk daily on ATS to try and poke holes in every UFO video or sighting.

This sighting is becoming more famous by the day, and the fact that it was featured on the season premier of UFO Hunters will garner more attention.

The great thing about this mass sighting is that it was filmed from numerous positions and even with a helicopter/airplane that passed in front of it, so the size could be calculated.

Firstly, all of the videos were studied by a professional image expert and found to be genuine and also the three points of light were fixed to a large object that measured a HUGE 1500 feet in length. About the size of 6-7 jumbo jets put together.

Second, the UFO hunters tried to replicate a framework to affix flares to balloons but couldn't get the frame to rise, as the balloons were not strong enough to carry it. So they tied three flares to the balloons and let them go in wind that was gusting to 15 mph versus the 30 mph wind on the night of the sightings.

They then invited all of the people who had taken the video to bring their original cameras and film the flares going up. It looked NOTHING like the triangle video, and the balloons were swinging back and forth very easy to knock off.

So that being said here's one for Phage and all the other deniers to try and debunk. Let's see what silly explanation they can find for this one. I'm calling all you debunker's out on this one...take your best shot!

Please star and flag to get it noticed. Thanks.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
OOoopps, I saw balloons and chinese lanterns at the start...you know what that means!!

In fairness to Phage, while hes ultra skeptical, if hes going to get into a long debunk he generally supports his views, but I agree theres plenty swamp gas one liners sure to arise

Looks very interesting, and great to see its a mass sighting, those are always the most credible. Looks very much like the ones seen recently.

Its interesting to hear skeptic magazine dodging the issue entirely. The brain makes lines, well great, and how exactly does that help decide what the lights are? I dont hear any kind of explanation from the skeptics there.

Anyway, im not sure what it is, looks interesting though.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hello debunker's helloooooooo...Where are you?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Firstly are there two separate films being showed here because at 3:18 the expert says "they move in ratio with each other, they don't violate that ever"

But there are points showing them not moving in ratio, like when the plane is flying through.

So is he saying the three lights are part of a larger craft? It doesn't seem to be the case.
Now, speaking of the plane, We really cant tell if it is higher or lower then the lights so it still doesn't give us a definite size. Also was there any report from the pilot of the plane about these lights? Would be interesting to hear what they have to say.

And more witness testimonials would be nice, they say there were many witnesses, why didn't they speak to them?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well if you could pull yourself away from lifting barbells and staring at your humongous pecs in the mirror you might be able to catch the rebroadcast of this episode which will answer all of your questions.

It will air again on Sunday, Nov 2, at 11:00 PM Eastern. I suggest anyone who believes watch it also, it is one of the best undeniable sightings ever.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by TH3ON3]

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Note that three of any thing will form a triangle and that the video shows them in several different configurations, indicating that they are not part of a single solid object or even that they are necessarily all at the same altitude. We don't even have any indication that they are moving though the witness says the did.

There is no way of judging the altitude of a point of light with the naked eye, much less from a video. Using a passing aircraft for size comparison is meaningless as there is no way to tell if the lights are above or below the aircraft, nor is there any way to judge the amount of vertical separation between the aircraft and the lights.

Yep, three lights alright. Not enough information to jump to any other conclusion.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Cool can you record it for me and mail it over to Australia? that'll be great thanks.

Honestly, this isn't the best footage out there, it doesn't give us much to work with now does it?

How do want people to debunk 3 lights floating in the sky?
How does this prove to be alien? because the expert said so?

Come on why are you so desperate to prove debunkers wrong? Believe me when the right footage comes along, we will all know about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Yep, three lights alright. Not enough information to jump to any other conclusion.

Well Phage, I took the liberty of deleting most of your reply as it was posted in ignorance. Ignorance by apparently not having watched the UFO Hunters episode about it. All, or most of your questions were answered in the episode, and I suggest you watch it when it is rebroadcast on Sunday, November 2, at 11:00 PM Eastern.

Then since your such an expert debunker come back and post some knowledgeable response.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Note that three of any thing will form a triangle and that the video shows them in several different configurations, indicating that they are not part of a single solid object or even that they are all at the same altitude.

There is no way of judging the altitude of a point of light with the naked eye, much less from a video. Using a passing aircraft for size comparison is meaningless as there is no way to tell if the lights are above or below the aircraft, nor is there any way to judge the amount of vertical separation between the aircraft and the lights.

I was watching UFO Hunters last night and they were looking into the Tinley Park UFO. They had video from 3 different locations which allowed them to triangulate the location and approximate size of the UFO. This turned out to be approximately 1500ft. across. They had someone do image stabilization on one of the videos and the lights were in fact connected in some fashion.

They even launched 3 flares attached to balloons and had the original eye witnesses watch/film them with the original recorders used - the flares didn't even come close to what was recorded.

This object was seen at many areas all over the world on the same night and following night. The one from Melbourne, AU showed two of these objects (two sets of 3 lights in triangle pattern.)

[edit on 10/30/2008 by obsolete]

[edit on 10/30/2008 by obsolete]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That light formation is awfully familiar, I don't remember from what clip though but it has been on this forum before.

I'm 90% certain that I've seen that exact triangle formation before.

And what is the OP posing this clip as?

Proof of something that is UNIDENTIFIED?
Or proof as something that is supposedly alien in nature or at the very least super-high-tech quantum-powered wicked sci-fi spacecraft?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

You're right. I didn't watch UFO hunters. I was working with the video you provided as I had no access to any other information.

Pardon my ignorance.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
its not a UFO its jsut another testing of project bluebeam. and honestly to me it looks like some shoddy camera work, exaggerated stories and so called experts who claim everything is a UFO

[edit on 07/17/2008 by N. Tesla]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Watched it last night and saw nothing to imply this is ET's from galaxies across the universe wanting to "in generall" be unseen flying at 12MPH? over Chicago for hours. Just because the candles they sent up did not look the same as they swayed in the wind (lower, much closer, and during a severe thunderstorm)as they did that night does not mean it was'nt a hoax. It is an Unidentified flying object, from outer space? think not.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well again I challenge you to watch the episode and then debunk that. I haven't any legal way of showing it to you, and it proly wont be posted on the History Channel website until after the next episode airs.

But if you miss it, I'm quite sure it will be because there is nothing you can say to debunk this sighting.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the story and vid, OP. My speakers are still toast, so I can't hear the things, but the visual is not so amazing.

I'm curious..... does anyone know the name of the debunker in the video? I can't hear him, but I know him from several features on the History Channell. He's almost like the resident debunker, and his manner irks me frequently, as he doesn't cite measurement, nor reference or page or algorithm, nor equation, but sarcastically presents counterpoints to unproven assertations-- at least in my view. That's why I called him "debunker" rather than "skeptic".

skeptic is one who employs critical thinking and objective analysis with a bent toward the scientific method........ a debunker, on the other hand, might merely seeks to exploit any inconsistancy toward implying a general unbelievability.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
All I can say is this,

Three lights then an aircraft flies through the frame and is either below the craft or there is not a giant craft connecting the three lights.

I would pose the question that if there was an aircraft that large with three lights on it and you were a pilot would you fly below the aircraft?

Personally I might fly next to it to catch a glimpse of the side of the craft but I wouldn't dare fly below it not knowing what it was.

I would assume that I would fly away from it if I saw it no matter what the tower gave me for a heading as they might not be able to see it on radar.

It is possible that it is a lot higher up that it appears but then it would be a gigantic craft. In that case wouldn't it make sense to launch smaller craft or some type of drone to come closer to the planet?

The witnesses in the provided video just talk about lights but never say they actually saw an entire aircraft connecting the dots together.

Without an enhanced video showing some type of mass between the lights one can not say there is an actual craft connecting the lights.

Just the video doesn't convince me. I would have to have been there myself to observe it before I would jump to anything.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Thanks for the story and vid, OP. My speakers are still toast, so I can't hear the things, but the visual is not so amazing.

I'm curious..... does anyone know the name of the debunker in the video? I can't hear him, but I know him from several features on the History Channell. He's almost like the resident debunker, and his manner irks me frequently, as he doesn't cite measurement, nor reference or page or algorithm, nor equation, but sarcastically presents counterpoints to unproven assertations-- at least in my view. That's why I called him "debunker" rather than "skeptic".

skeptic is one who employs critical thinking and objective analysis with a bent toward the scientific method........ a debunker, on the other hand, might merely seeks to exploit any inconsistancy toward implying a general unbelievability.

Funny thing is he use to be a christian and took a science class as an elective and after studying science he decided he liked it he then became an atheist and skeptic. I believe it's Michael Shermer?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hi chadwickus,

Did you watch the episode last night? If not, all your questions should be answered after you do.

As for the aircraft or helicopter that was flying close to the formation of 3 lights, I believe the UFO investigator and NASA Film expert both concurred that the aircraft or helicopter as they said it was, said it was above the 3 lights.

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Firstly are there two separate films being showed here because at 3:18 the expert says "they move in ratio with each other, they don't violate that ever"

But there are points showing them not moving in ratio, like when the plane is flying through.

So is he saying the three lights are part of a larger craft? It doesn't seem to be the case.
Now, speaking of the plane, We really cant tell if it is higher or lower then the lights so it still doesn't give us a definite size. Also was there any report from the pilot of the plane about these lights? Would be interesting to hear what they have to say.

And more witness testimonials would be nice, they say there were many witnesses, why didn't they speak to them?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I'm afraid I don't get UFO hunters here so unless it's online somewhere I'm unable to see it.

I'll just have to sit this one out

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Several things need to be addressed...The points of light were examined by an image expert and found to stay equadistant from each other as it moved...try getting balloons in 30 mph wind to do that.

The pilot that flew by it did reply, but he said he was afraid he might lose his job if he mentioned anything else. That would imply it was weird whatever it was.

The guy who was the skeptic was the owner of skeptic magazine.

The lights were not just white or red but changing color. So much more to the story, but if you missed the episode it will be rebroadcast on 11-02 at 11:00 PM Eastern.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join