It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinley Park UFO - Calling all the UFO debunker's out - Debunk this one!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

*Great post, couldnt believe no one else had thrown a comment or compliment your way yet!*

A little off topic, but:
I live in Omaha and I seen something similar one night didnt think anything of it. Omaha is famous for its airforce installments and is a location for lockheed etc. I have seen my share of weird (not unexplanable) events, but everytime I see things like this light situation this is what starts to come to mind for me. It wont explain anything and is a stretch, however it seems like it could be possible or perhaps a piece of the puzzle.

We all know about stealth technology and at least have a far idea how it works. This is old news and surprisingly old technology, stealth bombers and f-117's are outdated-we just havent seen what is replacing it quite yet. I know that one technology in the same line with this is the stealth blimps that they have been working on. Beyond the idea of a stealth blimp, for me would be a platform. why would anyone want a stealth platform? easy, you can block the plane from radar, but not the lights and not the shape if someone is looking at it from the ground. You could in theory create a "curtain" that would accompany the craft, and fly just below it. I could also be a projected curtain, that simply causes a field of disturbance. The projected curtain could be connected by charging points that are nothing more than drones programed to stay withing a proximity of each other and with the craft. The lights are the charged areas and the border of the curtain.

What? if you can still see the curtain borders then obviously you know that something is there!

true, but no one knows that it is a military craft. Everyone is so busy getting their camera and their friends to see the ufo that no one is thinking it might be terrestrial, and that it could be malicious.

Why a triangle, wouldnt a square make more sense?
no, people will associate a triangle with a ufo, and a square would be bizaare, but wouldnt neccesarily make you think spaceship since, aliens would obviously have a more streamlined ship since their so evolved-correct? I mean, even we dont fly bricks around. It makes no sense. A triagle would also be a great shape to cover a plane or a zeppelin style craft.

What would be the point of a stealth platform, that hovers over a city for hours. why would the government put the technology out in the open and leave it there for hours while everyone video tapes and takes pictures of it?

Easy, while everyone is standing around dumbfounded by the site of this thing, they could very well be seeding cities with who knows what. Put on a big show and get everyone out of their house and in the streets then let whatever you like rain down on unsuspecting masses, who breath it in without so much as a clue. All in the cover of a massive curtain, that coveres the delivery craft and perplexes everyone to the point of near paralysis since they can take their eyes off the thing.

Day time lights. This could simply be the charged point drones flying formations to spread confusion and disinformation. We are only seeing individual parts of a multi part delivery system.

Drones
curtain when drones are connecting charges
and then the craft itself

I would assume that we are only seeing the platform in videos and images like this. Since there has been no need for the delivery system to be used as of yet.

*Another thing that this could be used for is a backing for the massive halograms that people are debating that the false disclosure with spaceships or massiah figures appearing in the sky.

I suspect that this is a black project that they are testing in part and when the time comes to use it we will all be staring up at it for the third time this week or month as many of you say you see this frequently, and will have no idea what is about to happen.
Just a thought

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Your sightings are holograms. The question is why?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
One other point I would like to make is that this would be a complete stealth delivery system so that no one would even know that this is the case. You would have no country to tie an attack to, and no accountability for thousands of lives lost. You could simply disclose that the are "aliens" and that this new virus or whatever is a result of the contact.

Stealth delivery project disapears into federal top secret archive never to be seen. and the ship destroyed. Meanwhile thousands/millions dead, and no one to blame. Just the disclosure that we are not alone and more unsolved sightins etc. keeping the worlds best disinformation mill going, while more black projects roll out.

(I believe in the possibility of extra terestrials, but I dont think that we are being visited. If we are, rest assured, our government knows about it and will keep it from us as long as possible. It keeps the powers that be in power. I would be like going to a knife fight and being given a machine gun, to have advanced technology like it would take to do much of this.)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII
I love how the skeptics say "There's nothing to debunk...it's just three lights."

When, in all other footage that they can speculate deeply on, it's not just a light, but a Chinese lantern, or a flare, or some swamp gas, or maybe a shiny balloon.

It's not just three lights. It's three lights that behave very strangely. If it were just three lights in the sky...it would be stars. Stars don't move like that, nor do they change colour.

The funny thing is...the skeptics have nothing else to say. Tell me what it is then? Draw some rediculous conclusion from it and tell me what it is, because of your expert skepticism. The fact is, none of you skeptics can say it is not an Unidentified Flying Object. I'm not saying it's alien life, because I don't know, and honestly I don't care. I am saying that it is indeed not just three lights...and it is indeed something that we cannot identify...just yet anyway.

It's funny when the pressure's on, they treat this one differently. How come all the other footage out there are not just three lights in the sky, but to you, are flares, lanterns, CG etc. Why can't this one be a flare, or a lantern, or maybe a very heavy balloon?

You guys are rediculous sometimes. You can't put a name on it...so it's just three lights in the sky. Nothing too unusual...could be anything, right? LOL!

Just bloody say you don't know what the hell it is...because we all know it's just 3 lights. Way to go; stating the obvious.

See, the flaw in this is..

Skeptics generally do not make unsubstantiated claims. You want the skeptics to say "ITS A LANTERN!! LOL" so you can come back with "NO IT ISN'T LMAO".

The skeptics I have seen in this thread are almost completely unified in the idea that this is..

drum roll please...

A U.F.O. (In the strictest sense of the word)

None of us know what it is, but does that mean we are going to jump on the little grey men bandwagon? Nope, because the evidence doesn't support that any more than it supports those lights coming from superheroes.

So, what are the skeptics saying it is?

3 Lights.

Can you tell me that it ISN'T 3 lights?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I almost wet myself when I saw that. I grew up 10 mins from Tinley Park!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
In the History Channel's UFO Hunters show regarding Tinley Park, Lake in the Hills was mentioned as a place where this formation was also sighted.

Anyways the Chicago Air Show was also on 08-21-2004. This very could have been a formation of military air craft returning home from the show. Formation flying is not unusual for military aircraft.

I live near Lake in the Hills, and there are hobbyists that fly their old military aircraft in formation all the time. This includes biplanes.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My question to these lights is:
Are they from one solid "vehicle" or are they single points of light from another "vehicle" or are the lights themselves the actual "vehicles"?

That is what always gets me when little lights show up and the UFO ideas come out. I just always wonder how high are they, and if they are maybe satellites,, or something else.

Here is another serious question, would using night vision goggles or some sort of infrared camera/binoculars allow a better view of whatever it is or are?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
Are they from one solid "vehicle" or are they single points of light from another "vehicle" or are the lights themselves the actual "vehicles"?

That is what always gets me when little lights show up and the UFO ideas come out. I just always wonder how high are they, and if they are maybe satellites,, or something else.

Here is another serious question, would using night vision goggles or some sort of infrared camera/binoculars allow a better view of whatever it is or are?

Those are good questions gen Radek. They couldn't be satellites because of the duration they were witnessed. The lights were either attached to a large craft or were staying in precise triangle formation even when moving.

Night vision cameras would help if it was a large vehicle giving off a heat signature that was invisible to the naked eye.

Below is a video that purportedly shows huge UFOs in the night sky taken with a night vision camera.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

If you're dealing with me, get serious, or don't deal with me at all.

Firstly, as I've stated in my initial post...it's obvious it's three lights. So, skeptics or anyone saying that, is wasting their breath. Get a clue Sherlock.

Secondly, I firmly believe in extraterrestrial life, however, there is no way to prove what this is extraterrestrial in nature, and who it belongs to...so far. I don't give two hoots where it came from, whether it's man made or not. I've said that in my initial post as well. I won't say it's not alien life, nor will I say it's not, because I don't know, and the info provided isn't enough to claim either, man made or not.

My post was geared toward skeptics that are trying so very hard to be "right". To the point that they start spewing technicalities that everyone with at least one eye can see.

Yes, we know it's three lights...three lights that behave very strangely, but what some of the skeptics(maybe not you) have a hard time saying...is that they don't know what is causing those three, very odd lights in the sky. Maybe I was too vague, and it required some reading between the lines to get my point. There are some skeptics that believe alien life is very much a reality, but question what we see on this planet as alien visitation. I have no problem with this. In fact, I can say that sometimes, I am also a skeptic. Not to the big picture, but to individual stories of sightings, some of which are completely rediculous and easily debunked.

But some skeptics have a nice way of wording this. "This proves nothing". Fine, we know it doesn't prove alien life. But, because it cannot be explained as of right now...it cannot be used as a means to disprove alien life. It sure as hell disproves lanterns, flares, swamp gas. But, right now...we have no idea if this is alien or not. Therefore, you cannot say it's not alien in nature, because you don't know. You may not be guilty of this Hank, but my post was not for the people who aren't guilty of it...it's for the folks who are.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

Here's another question. Why do the lights have to be attached to a vehicle?

Why can't they be ground based lights? Search beams? Spot lights? Tower lights? Mountain top tower lights? Lighthouse? Okay , that last one was going to far but you get my point.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Ah thanks for that!

Yeah I just wish that camera was a little more steady and wider. Then I could tell definitively. But it does give a little insite into what it could be.
I dont know, would "Starlight" cameras or those devices work as well? I am now interested in trying this myself, but I dont really have the $$$ for these sorts of equipment.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dobsonion2
UFO hunters did"nt want to debunk this.First they used white balloons. lol.

Exactly! I thought the same thing when I was watching that part. They should have used flat black balloons, hung the flares farther from the balloons, and filmed them from farther away.

It was like comparing apples to oranges. Also, why use flares? There are much better portable light sources available.

They really didn't try hard to disprove that theory. Oh well, like someone posted, they're more about entertainment than real science.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

Oh I know that!

I once heard that the USAAF is using directed plasma beams or some sort of high frequency beams or lasers that can create such effects at any height they wish. I know they test such things out in the Southwest deserts. If I find it I'll post it. They did mention it can create "balls of light" and have them zip around , float or move slowly in formation. Dunno if its true but it may account for some of these sightings.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Ok, again, I repeat,

One witness says, it changes colour...

So what in the world can fly & change colour ?

LEDs my friends, LEDs inside helium filled balloons.

Where I come from in Europe nowadays (since 2 years really) we do have a lot of this kind of sightings. (mostly with Chinese lanterns as they are more trendy)

Now, anyone in here can prove me wrong ?

I am waiting...

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europa733
Ok, again, I repeat,

Where I come from in Europe nowadays (since 2 years really) we do have a lot of this kind of sightings. (mostly with Chinese lanterns as they are more trendy)

Now, anyone in here can prove me wrong ?

I am waiting...

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Europa733]

Just as it isn't the anyones job to prove it isn't a flying saucer, it isn't our job to prove it isn't an LED in a balloon. If YOU think it's an LED Balloon, it is up to YOU to provide evidence and to make your case.

I mean, it's like me saying that I believe it is vampires; Prove me wrong!!!

[edit on 31-10-2008 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Missed the show, but did they check to rule out NOSS triads or other grouped satellites in orbit? Sometimes when those things pick up the sun just right, they'll throw the UFO folks for a loop. But usually they can be found out if the orbital track for the group is known. Sometimes a "UFO" in such cases will blink out when a satellite triad is known to fall into Earth's shadow, thus strengthening the satellite hypothesis.

Now if this thing changed direction or stopped for a minute or two, then I guess that would rule out the satellite hypothesis. But I'm curious as to whether that aspect was covered.

Any astronomers out there do orbital lookups for the date & time of the sightings? I'm curious if there's a convergence or not.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The Tinley Park sighting happened the night of August 21, 2004. On August 21, 2004, the City of Chicago had its famous lake front air show.

More than likely, a flying formation of military or amateur aircraft flying home could have been responsible for the lights. Everthing from stealth aircraft to biplanes could be possible.

Apparently there was also a sighting in Lake in the Hills. There are guys around here who fly their antique aircraft in formation. Maybe they have a special light attached to their aircraft and were in the show. Lake in the Hills has an airport.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by A52FWY]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by A52FWY

Was this mentioned in the video?

"Holy crap.. Hey, let's leave out the bit about Chicago having a MASSIVE blowout for the 75th anniversary of something or another.. it might make people think it could be a group of airplanes in formation.."

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I watched the History Channel show, UFO Hunters Tinley Park. Actually I've been to the pavillion shown in Tinley Park.

As far as I know, the show made no reference to the airshow that day.

I just googled airshows 2004 and it popped up, at least for the 08-21-2004 date.

I beleive that aircrft would fly at 1500 foot distance at night for safety in a formation. Biplanes could acocount for the slow movement, maybe as slow as 80 mph.

Maybe all these sightings should be cross referenced to local air shows.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Ok, again, I repeat,

Why do you need a complicated explanation like LEDs in balloons, when stars and planets viewed through our atmosphere are capable of explaining this effect more than adequately?

Have you not heard of scintillation before?

Read this and then tell me (hand on heart) those color changing "lights" could not be stars: www.ianridpath.com...

Not saying they were stars mind you... just that it's likely that they were.

Where I live in Europe we also get Chinese lanterns, but this is the first time I've heard that LED laden balloons have been discovered masquerading as UFOs - have you got any links to cases where these LED-balloons have been found to be the cause, or any evidence of people launching them?

--

As for those who think it could have been an actual craft of some sort, ask yourself this - why is it no astronomers (amateur or pro) have come forward saying that they saw a UFO that night? Chances are that at least a few would have seen it and taken note if a HUGE craft like that was in/just above our atmosphere!

[edit on 31-10-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join