It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"UFOs Over Earth" new MUFON series show - Discovery Channel tonight!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

free_spirit:

You said to stay tuned for more info/insights, but we haven't heard anything for some time. I was one of the FI's in the PA show, so what's the word???

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mufon12347

free_spirit:

You said to stay tuned for more info/insights, but we haven't heard anything for some time. I was one of the FI's in the PA show, so what's the word???

Please check this thread for the updates on Carrion and Uriarte's actions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NOTE: I must say that I'm not criticizing MUFON directly. I admire and respect MUFON
since Walter Andrus Jr. But I have to denounce this couple Carrion and Uriarte for
making an historical damage to the MUFON image worldwide wich is by now
irreversible. Check my messages and evaluate my denouncement. I have many
friends inside MUFON who share my opinion, this was a regrettable mistake by Carrion
and Uriarte. I have more revelations to release, stay tuned.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hi James Carrion:

You came to Mexico City and made me an interview, my name is Arturo Robles Gil. My house phone is 55 55243770. My mail is: [email protected].
I wiil apreciate so much if you make contact with me as soon as possible.
In advance.
Thank you very much.
Arthur.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Since a lot of this thread is discussing MUFON I wanted to give a heads up to anyone that might not know that theblackvault.com is now hosting all of the MUFON journals in .pdf format for free. I was shocked when I found them there. There is enough there to keep you reading for months and months.

www.theblackvault.com...:MUFON_Journals

As far as UFOs Over Earth goes I've seen 3 episodes and I like it a lot. It's a little bit better than UFO Hunters. UFO Hunters is flashier but UFOs Over Earth has more substance.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

free_spirit:

NOTE: I must say that I'm not criticizing MUFON directly. I admire and respect MUFON
since Walter Andrus Jr. But I have to denounce this couple Carrion and Uriarte for
friends inside MUFON who share my opinion, this was a regrettable mistake by Carrion

I didn't read the entire thread but I'm assuming you are saying that releasing the balloons for that man to see was somehow shady. I didn't see a problem with it. Testing the man's gullibility seemed like a valid thing to do to me.

As far as the Mexico episode goes Jaime Maussan really shamed himself imo by refusing to acknowledge that the photographs being discussed were fakes. I've never been able to understand why it is that with so many good cases available, what Hynek called an embarrassment of riches, some people choose to cling to obviously bogus ones. I never had much faith in Maussan before but after seeing that he has absolutely no credibility to me at all.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
OK, I've read some of the criticisms in here and some of them are absurd.

First of all some of you guys are complaining that the cases didn't turn out to be as solid as you'd like and because of that they shouldn't have even been aired. Now how in the hell could that be accomplished? Nobody knows prior to conducting the investigation how things are going to go. A lot of time is spent filming and once all of that is done you have to go to air with what you have. This is why so many episodes of Ghost Hunters end with absolutely nothing being found. How good, sensationalistic, or convincing an episode will end up turning out has a lot to do with luck.

Secondly, a lot of you guys are going on and on about the results of the polygraph test in the first episode. Polygraphs are a pseudoscience if ever there was one! Studies have been conducted that prove that people who are telling the truth fail them more often than those lying. Why MUFON even bothered conducting a polygraph is beyond me because absolutely no good can come from it. Skeptics only care about the results if the person fails. If the person passes they simply say the test isn't valid. All of the witnesses of the Allagash abduction passed a polygraph. Did skeptics or scientists care? Nope, only if the men had failed would the results have meant anything to them. These tests can derail a UFO witness, even honest ones, but almost never do they help.

Also, while I agree with some of the criticisms of hypnosis in this thread I think some of you are taking it a bit too far. This was a multiwitness case so what is said under hypnosis can be compared with other testimony to find parallels and differences. To me this is when hypnosis is the most valuable, especially when it is multiple people claiming to have been abducted simultaneously (Which doesn't appear to have been the case here.). Yes, I do have some misgivings with hypnosis, especially when it is used to investigate events where there is only one witness because it is impossible to corroborate anything the subject is saying. But let's face it; It's the only tool we have for probing missing time, flawed or not. While it does have its problems I don't think it is quite as unreliable as polygraph tests if the hypnotherapist is competent.

By the way, some of you mentioned the three episodes that have aired only being a test to see if the show is worth continuing. Well, do you know if a conclusion has been reached yet and if so what was it? I'm hoping it gets the green light because I liked it.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The Fayetteville Incident

part 1 www.youtube.com...

part 2 www.youtube.com...

part 3 www.youtube.com...

part 4 www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

free_spirit:

Wow, I just read a few of your replies in that thread you linked (The ones that weren't removed anyway. And I by no means bothered reading everything you typed.) and I have to say that you came off as quite fanatical to me. You seem to believe that EVERYTHING should be believed and anyone who questions the validity of anything is somehow corrupt.

I've watched all 3 of the episodes that have aired for this show and I saw no suspect behavior from anyone on the MUFON team. In fact, the investigations were carried out in a quite professional way in my opinion. The only person who struck me as unprofessional, that sticks out in my memory anyway, was Jaime Maussan who's response to the obviously faked photographs was shameful.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I am the one who posted the anonymous reply with the MUFON Journal link. Afterward I decided to register. For whatever reason the link I included in that reply got messed up. I'll try it again here:

Edit: Hmm, got messed up again. It appears that the hyperlink function doesn't like the colon being in there. So I'll try it without hyperlinking it.:

2nd Edit: Ha ha, that didn't work either. OK, I'll try a link that isn't as direct. Once you get to this page click where it says "Read past issues of The MUFON UFO Journal." This should work because there is no colon in this url:

www.theblackvault.com...

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Wickerman1972]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wickerman1972
OK, I've read some of the criticisms in here and some of them are absurd.

By the way, some of you mentioned the three episodes that have aired only being a test to see if the show is worth continuing. Well, do you know if a conclusion has been reached yet and if so what was it? I'm hoping it gets the green light because I liked it.

Unfortunately, the series did wind up getting cancelled. They chose to put the 1st episode against the World Series & the 2nd & 3rd episodes up against MNF (Monday Night Football) thinking that it was gonna get good ratings vs MNF...no comment on that decision if you catch my drift. Thanks to modern technology I DVR'd the 1st one since my beloved Phillies were in the World Series. Why don't they think that some UFO peeps are Sports Fans as wel??

A better decision for the time would have been to air it on Wednesday night @ 9pm right before UFO Hunters on the History Channel due to the same people who were watching that would most likely catch that episode before hand. It is not even being run on reruns either because every time it was scheduled to be shown as per Discovery Channels web site, it was bumpped a week prior to schedule. Oh well, Hollywood knows best!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Watched the episode. Doubt the encounter story. But, damnit, is there any anybody in the world that actually takes polygraphs seriously.

How many times does it have to be stated Polygraphs are pseudo-science. They have no credibility. And are useless in determining the truth of anything. I am enraged that some government authorities, like police forces, perpetuate this nonsense.

I am certain there are criminals walking around free right now because some plug ignorant flatfoot determined that "he passed the polygraph."

[edit on 21-2-2009 by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
New footage of this series on youtube.

enjoy !

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I watched this MUFON show this morning, first time I had seen it and I have no doubt there was an ET event. I also believe Christ Bledsoe did in fact experience missing time, although he may have been trying too hard to account for it, and help fill in the holes etc. since this MUFON group had invested so much into making this episode. It was a dumb idea to do the polygraph, they are worthless. The others are right, the only time they are paid any attention is when someone fails.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I was looking around and found this article Bledsoe wrote AFTER the Discovery Channel aired the program, which explains a lot:

By Chris Bledsoe
11-29-08

My son and I along with 3 other men were recently shown on the Discovery Channel the new mini Series, "UFOs Over Earth."

The 5 of us had a harrowing experience to where we were all scared to death:

Being tired of fishing just before Dark I took a walk up this narrow woody and muddy dirt road. I walked about a 1/4 mile up to a field and as I topped the hill now being able to see the field to my surprise there were 2 giant orange balls about as big as a 2 story house but round hovering just above the trees appeared to be less than a mile away.

I got scared looked back down the road thinking about running and looked back towards the Orange balls and a Third one came it looked like a million miles away to a stop right beside the other two within about 3 seconds.

At that point the only thing I remember after that is making my way as quick as I could back to the fishing spot on the river to tell the other 4 men what I had saw. To my surprise it was close to 4 hours later and the other 4 men told me that they had been looking for me for at least 3 hours they drove up the road they searched the woods and could not find me and I told them they were not telling the truth but the clock now shows around 10:30 pm.

I walked up the road just before dark in January it was around 5:15 pm when I left. The only way I believed that I was involved in an abduction was that MUFON brought in Doctor Michael O'Connel to do regression and that is all on tape and lasted almost 2 hours.

I could talk for days about the abduction case that has become another ongoing story.

They went out looking for me searching the woods for me and this event was aired on Discovery and they left out so much it is unreal.

The sad thing is they hired a FBI guy to debunk the case.

The MUFON investigators believe us all and will tell anyone that but they seem to want to please the skeptics so they bring in a FBI lie detector guy to pour water on the truth.

This story is in the MUFON Journal and has been in there 4 times.

There is so much that the public has not seen its unreal.

www.theufochronicles.com...

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Bombeni]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I know this is an old thread, but I feel this is relevant.

I live in Fayetteville, NC.

I remember when this documentary came on I was really excited to watch it.

The next day when I was at work I talked to my boss about it.

Apparently my boss knows this man and family very well, to me he is trustworthy and is a very good friend and I would trust him with my life.

He told me that he grew up with this man, went to highschool with him and told me this:

In highschool he started smoking crack, he inherited a few million dollars from his father when he passed away.
In highschool he was your average dope smoking teen who would mostly just smoke when you went to parties.
Unfortunatly Dope has taken over this man's life, he is severly addicted and smokes constantly this is not the only time this man claimed to have had an alien experience, and has many encounters with the law on crazed drugged up sprees.

I have no proof, I don't expect anyone to believe me and I wouldn't believe me either with no proof.

But I thought it would be interesting to share anyways.

My first post, just discovered ATS a few days ago, thought this thread would be a good place to start.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join