It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"UFOs Over Earth" new MUFON series show - Discovery Channel tonight!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Speaking as a MUFON investigator, I found UFO's Over Earth to be very credible. Contrary to others opinions, James Carrion was in no way like UFO Hunters' Bill Birnes, who is extremely self absorbed, overly exciteable, and deceptive. The show did not center around Carrion, like UFO Hunters does with Birnes. I saw no lame "experiments", no self promotion.

I saw a case that was investigated to its outcome, which like most cases is inconclusive. This isn't an old, discarded case already proven to be a hoax, but investigated again for its "wow" value, like some of UFO Hunters' episodes.

All in all, UFO's Over Earth is an excellent program which gives valuable insight into the world of Ufology!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I actually know the son of the guy that witnessed the aliens.. I believe him. I've lived in Fayetteville, NC my whole life minus a year when I lived in Garner... I only live about 7 miles from them.

... it's honestly scary stuff... I saw a light chase me when I was quite younger in the woods-and I do believe the lie detector test was obviously rigged.. and not done properly. That and I was around Garner when an explosion was reported-but it wasn't traced, it wasn't explained. Military craft was not reported to be there when a large explosion like sound was made around 3 in the morning about 5 months ago... made some papers around there too.

... as for them being hicks, that may be true.. but they are just as human as you are.. and as everyone else in this forum. (hopefully!)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What a bunch of crap! I live in the area. They did not do real research. If so, they would have checked his criminal history and gave him a drug test instead of a lie detector test.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Being one of three MUFON investigators in this case, we have conducted over 8+ months of research and I personally contacted local airports, law enforcements and newspapers. Keep in mind that this Discovery Channel series/episode, although 60 minutes, is really about 40 minutes long with commercials and production have shot many hours of us doing field work, interviews, collecting trace, creating graphic illustrations and I personally made witness sketches of two additional entities that was seen near the river! This episode could easily have been two hours long but had to be edited to 40 minutes.

NG

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hello, I am glad that there are finally some serious programs about the UFO subject. I am also a Field Investigator and am finding that some UFO sightings have shaken up the witness to the point that they become unsure of their view of reality. Initally, they want to tell about their sighting but after a short time won't mention it at all. I'm finding many cases where the witnesses feel that way. Most people will not talk about a sighting. I've seen UFOs several times and find that most people who have seen one often see them many times. We've come to a time where the UFO subject is getting more attention and sightings are getting to the media before anything about them can be suppressed. That's been long overdue. The Governmant needs to come clean and tell us what they know.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingHigh

Speaking as a MUFON investigator, I found UFO's Over Earth to be very credible. Contrary to others opinions, James Carrion was in no way like UFO Hunters' Bill Birnes, who is extremely self absorbed, overly exciteable, and deceptive. The show did not center around Carrion, like UFO Hunters does with Birnes. I saw no lame "experiments", no self promotion.

I saw a case that was investigated to its outcome, which like most cases is inconclusive. This isn't an old, discarded case already proven to be a hoax, but investigated again for its "wow" value, like some of UFO Hunters' episodes.

All in all, UFO's Over Earth is an excellent program which gives valuable insight into the world of Ufology!

You are wrong and I will prove it. When James Carrion was invited by Bill Birnes
to participate in History Channel's UFO Hunters to be speaking about the infamous
Ufo Drone pictures, after the show was done James Carrion went running to the
Discovery Channel and Creative Diferences Production Company to propose exactly
the same idea of UFO Hunters to compete with the History Channel. This is known
as stealing the concept, copying the ideas or just a copycat if you prefer. This is a
fact. Check the original UFO Hunters show with Carrion here.

www.youtube.com...

Of course to convince a major network like Discovery Channel is not an easy task
for any production company but the ratings by the UFO Hunters show now in a new
season was a good argument for the proposal and added it will be a response to
them wich in our interpretation means: “To get a piece of that cake”. However
the proposal took several months for Discovery to make up their mind and finally
Discovery said “Show us something” and only three pilots were authorized as
an evaluation. This is a fact, I know about this UFO's over Earth project since it's
conception and birth. It's just a response to Histoy Channel's UFO Hunters.

I'm not saying I like the UFO Hunters show neither I support them but I recognize
when a tv show has hierarchy and survives the first season, this means ratings
and at this moment History Channel has proved to mantain the ratings.

On Monday Nov. 24 at 9:00 PM Discovery will broadcast the two remaining episodes
simultaniously one after the other and then Discovery will evaluate the results and
potential of this series to decide if they continue or not. First episode will be “Mass
sightings in Mexico” followed by “The Bucks County Flap”.

By the way I still don't understand why a MUFON director like James Carrion agreed
to participate in the UFO Hunters show speaking about the infamous Ufo Drone
pictures wich are know hoaxes. James Carrion appeareance was a deception because
he just showed what is been published on the Internet by other researchers, nothing
of his own research in one word nothing new, a very poor colaboration, Check the
video again.

FlyingHigh I know you are trying to support your boss James Carrion because you
are also MUFON but you dont really know the guy and I do. James Carrion is just
an individual with a very hidden agenda. I know more things about James Carrion's
actions that I will tell when time comes. Stay tuned.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by free_spirit]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

don't feel bad for Chris.. he was compensated for his first acting role...(I'm one of his neighbors)...just remember..it's just a tv show...pure entertainment

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
Originally posted by FlyingHigh

You are wrong and I will prove it. When James Carrion was invited by Bill Birnes
to participate in History Channel's UFO Hunters to be speaking about the infamous
Ufo Drone pictures, after the show was done James Carrion went running to the
Discovery Channel and Creative Diferences Production Company to propose exactly
the same idea of UFO Hunters to compete with the History Channel. This is known
as stealing the concept, copying the ideas or just a copycat if you prefer. This is a
fact. Check the original UFO Hunters show with Carrion here.

www.youtube.com...

Of course to convince a major network like Discovery Channel is not an easy task
for any production company but the ratings by the UFO Hunters show now in a new
season was a good argument for the proposal and added it will be a response to
them wich in our interpretation means: “To get a piece of that cake”. However
the proposal took several months for Discovery to make up their mind and finally
Discovery said “Show us something” and only three pilots were authorized as
an evaluation. This is a fact, I know about this UFO's over Earth project since it's
conception and birth. It's just a response to Histoy Channel's UFO Hunters.

I'm not saying I like the UFO Hunters show neither I support them but I recognize
when a tv show has hierarchy and survives the first season, this means ratings
and at this moment History Channel has proved to mantain the ratings.

On Monday Nov. 24 at 9:00 PM Discovery will broadcast the two remaining episodes
simultaniously one after the other and then Discovery will evaluate the results and
potential of this series to decide if they continue or not. First episode will be “Mass
sightings in Mexico” followed by “The Bucks County Flap”.

By the way I still don't understand why a MUFON director like James Carrion agreed
to participate in the UFO Hunters show speaking about the infamous Ufo Drone
pictures wich are know hoaxes. James Carrion appeareance was a deception because
he just showed what is been published on the Internet by other researchers, nothing
of his own research in one word nothing new, a very poor colaboration, Check the
video again.

FlyingHigh I know you are trying to support your boss James Carrion because you
are also MUFON but you dont really know the guy and I do. James Carrion is just
an individual with a very hidden agenda. I know more things about James Carrion's
actions that I will tell when time comes. Stay tuned.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by free_spirit]

Well this is funny. My hidden agenda? Can't wait to hear what new conspiracy theory you're going to drop.

Let's clear up some things you claim as fact. MUFON did not approach the Discovery Channel. Instead, Creative Differences approached us back after the Stephenville Texas case hit. If you don't believe me, then contact Creative for yourself and speak to the producer Bob Wise. *Snip*
As for the UFO Hunters show I was on, Bill Birnes did not invite me, I was in contact with the producers who asked me about material for the reverse engineering show they were having difficulty with and I was the one who turned them on to the Drone Saga.

So now that you allegedly know so much about me. How about you? Or are you as anonymous as the drone photo witnesses?

Please do not post personal information in threads.

Review this notice:

Please do not post your own personal information. You should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit here can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit, and may remove it at our discretion.

[edit on 11/15/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

News travel fast, as I see some of your anonymous colleagues writing here advised
you of this thread and you just subscribed to ATS today. Fine that's the coverage of
ATS indeed.

Before I may respond some things to you I will wait till Monday November 24 to see
the two new episodes of UFOs over Earth and complete my report. By the way I also
know Bob Wise, Nate Nichols, Jose Pulido etc. where did you think I got my informations.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have been watching both UFO Hunters & MUFON's UFOs Over Earth. In the new current season of UFO Hunters, they have included MUFON Investigators in their show each week. IMHO, both shows are working to promote public awareness of the UFO phenomena, and that's what is important.

People use to say the same thing about Jay Leno & David Letterman
Go figure

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
ok for some reason people think everyone who sees a ufo is on drugs its dumb to think that with so many reports going on, my dad and grandma < who works in the feild of psychology saw a UFO here in michigan, and if theres anyone i would believe if they said they saw a UFO it would be a psychologist. With all the space out there its pretty much impossible to think we are for sure the smartest species in this universe (or multiverse) theres pleanty of new planets being discovered that are just like eart that probably support some kind of life considering they have the same conditions and thats just what we can see from our satalites and telescopes and we cant see sh*t we cant even see a quarter of it

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just a head's up. There are two new episodes on tonight (11/24). I will be watching, will you?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I saw the two episodes Monday night, LOVED the show!

I have been waiting for a show like this. I thought that the investigators asked intelligent questions, and they seemed to have the resources to really follow up on the facts. I loved the CSI aspect of it.

I loved that everything was debunked. It gives them credibility. Now when they tell me that there is something to a case I will sit up and take notice.

Can't wait for the new episodes and I have told my friends about this show!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I find the shows to be informative and entertaining. They don't sensationalize, and walk through the various steps to test the information they receive. Sometimes they get interesting results, but most of the time they just get interesting eyewitness testimony. I figure that's typical of any UFO sighting or flap.

I did like that test they did in Mexico with the 'morphing" bundle of balloons. I remember several people on this very site having a hard time understanding that it was balloons, or at least could be balloons. So in this case, mystery solved. The Mexico show also illustrated the interesting cultural difference in UFO "study" between that country and the U.S.

So far, I like it more than the UFO Hunters show. I've never been much of a fan of experiments to see how something "could have" been done. There's a bad logic hole there that's easy to fall into. "Could have" does not necessarily equal "was." And Bill Birnes with his constant implication that it all has to do with outer space aliens gets a bit annoying.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Out of the 3 shows so far, I would have to say that the 2nd show was the best one due to how it progressed. The NC & Mexico episode were subpar compared to the PA one due to the results obtained. PA MUFON has had their hands busy since the other night's showing with 7 cases coming across the state within 1 hour of the show ending and as of today, 11 within the Philly Metro Area & 22 throughout the state. Alot of these cases are from years ago, so if anything, it helped people come forward realizing that they aren't nuts afterall & that they did indeed see something.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by James Carrion

The three hours of UFOs Over Earth should receive a rave revue in Skeptic Magazine. I understand that 90% of UFO reports are misidentifications or hoaxes but the skeptics focus on that 90% and ignore the other ten. That is exactly what this series did. Of all the good solid cases with credible witnesses Carrion chose to air the hoaxes and misidentifications. The topper was his attempt to make Jaime Maussan, the most respected Ufologist in Mexico, look like a gullible buffoon. He even staged a hoax to catch him and showed the one responsible for the hoax laughing at him while the credits rolled. It makes me question James Carrion’s motives as well as his qualifications to head MUFON International. The entire series was a despicable disgrace to MUFON and Ufology. Give me UFO Hunters any day.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Anonymous responses are ignored by me 100%.

Not sure what the rest of ATS thinks.

delius

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by delius

And I would add, that an anonymous post is not anonymous. You don't have a user name associated with you but an IP address is. What are you trying to hide?

delius

[edit on 27-11-2008 by delius]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Eh, cheer up man. The defeatist attitude is depressing. There is change in the wind. I can feel it. Nay, I can SEE it.

Yeah and they saw the GFL ship too...

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This is Ventre from the show. The Pa case was real. I have new witnesses to verify Denise's sighting. Cliff's sighting was confimed by the Philly Tower. I'm waiting on the FAA now. Come to our Bucks Conference on Jan 24th for more witness testimony and meet the investigators and listen to Dr David Jacobs. www.12-21-2012-a-prophecy.com/

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join