It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"UFOs Over Earth" new MUFON series show - Discovery Channel tonight!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
when will it be on again? Can I see it on the web somewhere?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I honestly didnt know what to expect from the "UFOs Over Earth" show when I sat down to watch it last night, but all in all, I felt it was very well done and MUFON should be commended. MUFON's primary goal was to show the serious scientific investigations that MUFON does on a constant basis, and IMHO...they did exactly that...nothing more, nothing less.

While I understand many seem to be disappointed and/or let down with the outcome of the show...bear in mind, that the fact of the matter is, this is the reality of what it takes for a serious investigation. Only 15% of all UFO reports are truly UFOs. If MUFON showed only the "good exciting positive" cases, then it creates a false postitive. People need to know what all is involved in a serious scientific investigation...and in reality there are MANY let downs along the way when doing these investigations, for everyone involved.

Polygraphs are NOT admissable in a court of law, MUFON obviously knows this, as well as any good UFO Investigator should. MUFON is known for its "scientific" study...so to me it only made sense that they would utulize all they could in their investigations....including the polygraph. A serious investigation considers ALL their findings, and not JUST the results of a polygraph, nor will the outcome always only be the results that people want to see that would make for "good entertainment" value...this would defeat the whole purpose of the investigation to begin with.

I look forward to seeing the rest of MUFON's "UFOs Over Earth" mini-series. KUDOs to MUFON for telling it the way it is...the simple truth....which is something we are ALL searching for...isnt it?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
About the Fayetteville case on the Discovery Channel last night: it seems to me like Mr. Bledsoe had an extremely abnormal experience which seriously affected his personal life. Also, that MUFON's intervention initially gave Mr. Bledsoe the feeling and hope that his sighting could be validated or at least made some sense of... only to be broadsided by an ex-FBI interrogator, who trained a set of ill-intentioned questions ostensibly designed to trigger Mr. Bledsoe's obvious insecurities in the matter, given the loss of memory he suffered, with the demand to reply with simple "yes" or "no" answers questions on issues that Mr. Bledsoe himself had already indicated, quite candidly, he had doubts on. It was disturbingly obvious that the interrogator's questions were designed to make Mr. Bledsoe appear as a liar.

Picking an FBI-trained person to administer the lie-detection test had a two-prone intention: one, to tacitly accuse Mr. Bledsoe of having committed a crime, which he didn't; and two, to do as much as possibly could be done to establish the man's guilt -- again, "guilt" on the matter of having suffered quite an anomalous experience -- he didn't steal from nor did he kill anybody. Hardly a scientific endeavor there.

I feel badly for Mr. Bledsoe, I could see how helpless he felt when the MUFON guys told him he had lied about his ordeal. MUFON offered him help... only to make him appear as a worthless, ridiculous liar.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

As a "Fan" of the MUFON group, I was really surprised at how many very intelligent and educated members there are involved with their group.
I , for one, liked the show, you never seem to get a smoking gun situation with pic's and documentation, but this incident was very intriguing to say the least.
Sooner or later there will be the find of the evidences too put the skeptics to rest once and for all, but for now, we as firm believer's of the UFO phenomenon, we have to take what we get for now.

We just need the Gov. too come clean, then we will have our validation's of belief's!! LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Well Marcus You ability is wrong I am that guy Chris Bledsoe
I have no reason to lie maybe you will be unfortunate enough to have a sighting one day and be unlucky enough to have the Federal Government administer you a liedetector.
Good luck in your abilities to know what no one else in the world doesn,t
Thanks Chris

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I thoroughly enjoyed the "UFOs" OVER THE EARTH" production on the History Channel that aired Monday )ct.26th, 2008. I appreciate MUFON's professionalism and staying with the process of uncovering evidence to get at the story and not making-up things or insinuating things that the evidence did not indicate. They didn't lead their witnesses. They presented the facts as is and that made the whole story credible. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing more and telling my friends.
'

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.x211

How can you find iton the internet to watch it I missed it I looked under discovery and the history channel I do not see no videos for this thank you

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I thought the show was probably one of the best UFO shows I have seen. There was a complete open minded investigation utilizing every necessary method needed to carry out a proper investigation. For once I never felt shorted on details or a play by play of what happened. The idea of these shows is to expose the truth and that's what the show did. Personally I want to know the truth and that's what this show has set out to do and I cannot wait for the next episodes. Don't worry, I'm sure that not all of the subjects for the show will fail the lie detector tests.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EclipseReloaded
Watching it now...A group of guys in Fayetteville, North Carolina are night fishing when they spot strange lights in the sky...later, Bledsoe encounters an alien behind his house that night.

Red eyes, proportioned like a little child with a glasslike veneer...

I guess the Alien survived the encounter cause de briefing
doesn't seem to have taken hold if he thought red eyes makes
an Alien believable.

The smell rat fink selling out to the Alien cover story.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Resinveins

this was truly a dissapointment show that was aired last night on UFO's !!! Lie detector test would have saved alot of wasted time !!!!!!

There are methods but wasting mk ultra on this seems a waste
of manpower and money in these tough times.

(I am referencing passing a lie detector when involved in a hoax..
any one with success figures on this... we won't think you are
mk untra connected at all.. right ATS guys.)

I don't see a shut down in the UFO effort yet but the slush funds will
run out sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Sounds like the show supports the Alien bull.
Without exposing the lies how good can any show be but
to continue to lead kids around by a nose hook from Aliens.

No mention of the Alien is at least being unbiased.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

this was truly a dissapointment show that was aired last night on UFO's !!! Lie detector test would have saved alot of wasted time !!!!!!

There are methods but wasting mk ultra on this seems a waste
of manpower and money in these tough times.

(I am referencing passing a lie detector when involved in a hoax..
any one with success figures on this... we won't think you are
mk untra connected at all.. right ATS guys.)

I don't see a shut down in the UFO effort yet but the slush funds will
run out sooner or later.

There are all kinds of ways to beat a polygraph test, though they say there are not. If one has knowledge of an up and coming test, the individual can practice thought, breathing and concentration techniques to waver the out come, if they are trying to defraud the test. Even a simple muscle relaxer or psycho administered drug such as darvacette will change the whole reading, if not by innocence, then by inconclusive results.

One of the problems in discussing accuracy figures and the differences between the statistics quoted by proponents and opponents of the polygraph technique is the way that the figures are calculated. At the risk of over simplification, critics, who often don't understand polygraph testing, classify inconclusive test results as errors. In the real life setting an inconclusive result simply means that the examiner is unable to render a definite diagnosis. In such cases a second examination is usually conducted at a later date. To illustrate how the inclusion of inconclusive test results can distort accuracy figures, consider the following example: If 10 polygraph examinations are administered and the examiner is correct in 7 decisions, wrong in 1 and has 2 inconclusive test results, we calculate the accuracy rate as 87.5% (8 definitive results, 7 of which were correct.) Critics of the polygraph technique would calculate the accuracy rate in this example as 70%, (10 examinations with 7 correct decisions.) Since those who use polygraph testing do not consider inconclusive test results as negative, and do not hold them against the examinee, to consider them as errors is clearly misleading and certainly skews the figures.

www.truthorlie.com...

30% is a big gap for an outcome of such theoretical devices, and I for one think the man in the MUFON polygraph test was really in disbelief himself over the whole ordeal, which, in all actuality, would cause the reading's to waver and look as if he was being deceitful.

I believe he and his cronies experienced something and that there was some kind of 3rd kind of contact.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
As a MUFON State Director in the Midwest and someone who has investigated many UFO cases over the years I think the first MUFON show was very well done. Is showed experienced investigators using tried and true techniques to try and resolve a case. The result of the polygraph examination was disappointing but it showed that MUFON follows the evidence wherever it takes us. Further, I think it properly showed that the polygraph was no more conclusive that the other evidence that was gathered. Much of the time in this business we look for absolute answers only to find that no matter what we do the results are often inconclusive. That is the nature of the UFO beast. But that doesn't mean that the investigations will always come out this way, and some don't. I think ufology has enough evidence to show that we have a real mystery here, we just need to keep digging to find out its cause. The answer may ultimately come form an unexpected source. Hats off to MUFON. At least the public had a chance to learn that there are qualified people out there professionally investigating the subject in spite of the fact that they are not paid.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hello people, Sorry.. I know this question has been asked before but, can I see it on the net? Youtube or anything?

I don't live in the U.S so I can't see it.

It seems most people around here liked the first episode.

If it's anything like UFO Hunters then I probably won't like it.

[edit on 30/10/08 by Majorion]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EKron

I believe it is one more part of a huge but slow public awarness program about UFOS & related issues.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Have any crashes been observed or reported before the UFO
police clean up the scene.

Any one see the pilot and passengers removed.
And violate the UFO police pressure tactics.

I don't even have to see a re hash of Unsolved Mysteries episode
of the acorn craft from outer space.

This small craft is most likely an improvement over the Foo and
used the shell of a bell craft shown in the Henry Stevens book.

Also most likely made in Canada as part of the information and
Tesla technology UK Intel gathered from Germany.

ED: If this event is the same as on UM, get the UM show on DVD.

[edit on 10/31/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

First off guy I am the one on the couch on discovery Money is not the Issue there is still some plenty in the cookie Jar If you lost that much you don't think you would be depressed.
As for the show there was not just me but 3 others that saw the same thing and as for that it would take hours to tell all of what went on.
Sad they brought in the FBI but I can live with that but he was lieing.
Also my son has suffered from this badly seeing things that does not compute and you would if you were there.
So take it easy on him and open your mind one day you will wake up.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join