It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun's protective 'bubble' is shrinking - NASA will launch mission to study

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Sun's protective 'bubble' is shrinking Will Launch MJission To Study

www.telegraph.co.uk

The protective bubble around the sun that helps to shield the Earth from harmful interstellar radiation is shrinking and getting weaker, Nasa scientists have warned. New data has revealed that the heliosphere, the protective shield of energy that surrounds our solar system, has weakened by 25 per cent over the past decade and is now at it lowest level since the space race began 50 years ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-10-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well I hate to say I told you so, but...

I knew this would happen because it states this as a fact in the writings of the Bible. It states the sun will scorch men in the end days!

So it must have many concerned for NASA to be planning on launching a mission to study the anomaly.

It's easy for me to be prophetic when someone already stated it thousands of years ago.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Laugh it up... maybe you wont laugh when you feel what a piece of toast goes through if it keeps shrinking.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Please get back on topic.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Uhhh.... what? Why haven't we heard of this sooner? I really do hope that it's just a natural cycle and not a sign that the heliosphere will begin to completely break up. If it decreased 25% in the past 50 years and it continues to do so, we'll be toasting around... hmm... 2060? Wonderful.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
With the solar max approaching in some time around 2011 (according to NASA), I wonder how much of an impact that will make if any. Regardless, 25% in the last 50 years is a bit disturbing...

I have to agree that I find this difficult to believe, I just don't see much collaboration from other legitimate sources to go with this, nonetheless, I enjoy being proven wrong

[edit on 20-10-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This would have been news much sooner if it was true. There is no way scientists would hide something like this for 50 years. A government yes, but scientists publish their findings so they can receive more funding to continue researching. This smells of propoganda.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

I wouldn't be afraid and I'm going to be totally serious in the next sentence. If we die then we die, oh well, what's to fear?

I say study it while we can and if nothing happens then we only gained more knowledge of these events which could only help us in the future to further understand.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
This would have been news much sooner if it was true.

Let me ask you a hypothetical...Do you think if a huge asteroid was going to strike the earth and there was nothing anyone could do about it that NASA would tell us?

I think in order to avoid panic they wouldn't. The scientists would be sworn to secrecy. Of course it would be hard to hide an asteroid, but you get my point I hope.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

You example doesn't fit the scenario, because this information supposedly was released. If they were so concerned about panic this article would not have been written. But I do not think they are concerned about panic or the truth as it is my opinion that this article is being used to further or support and predetermined agenda such as global warming or something similar.

And to answer your question, yes, I think scientists would still tell us in the unlikely event that someone out there came up with an idea to save the earth. The human mind is capable of brilliant work.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've been reading about anomalies in the heliosphere for some time, that its thinning and its shape has changed and was worrying scientists. Even without more than that as information I imagined it could have some rather serious implications.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

Well I hate to say I told you so, but...

I knew this would happen because it states this as a fact in the writings of the Bible. It states the sun will scorch men in the end days!

You have this backwards.
If the Heliosphere is shrinking it means the sun is getting weaker, not stronger. The problem is that the Heliosphere is what keeps junk out of our solar system, cosmic radiation, crap from the Ort cloud, etc.

We will not burn up form this happening, though we may start getting dangerous levels of cosmic radiation as a result of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yes equating I am the "burning" to radiation I did.

The Bible talks in language only those who lived back then could understand. Thus the burning and proly peoples skin being red and burned is what the prophet saw and equated it to the only known thing he could... heat.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Not everything that strange that happens to the sun or the Earth needs to be related to a biblical connotation. It is more than likely that this is a natural cycle and it will rebuild itself after a hundred years. We have only been able to study the sun and outer space for only the last 50-75 years. Don't just jump to a conclusion that this is the end for us and that we are all going to die. The study of space and the sun is infinitely smaller than that say of trees, or minerals, or water. We can't just allow ourselves to get hysterical.

If this is going to make it hard to live on Earth and make it harder to be outside. Remember, we are humans. We are the most adaptable species to ever lay foot on this planet. We will survive.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Then how is it that you know and understand what the bible has said enough to claim that this article proves something the bible said? If only those around when the bible is written understand, does that mean you are a time traveler since you claim understanding?

If you are said time traveler, welcome, I would like to be the first person to say hello and welcome to our time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join