It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun's protective 'bubble' is shrinking - NASA will launch mission to study

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

There is a prophetic language to the bible, which is the code he is referring to. The key to this code lays mainly in the prophetic visions of Daniel. So for example when John of Patmos talks about beasts rising from the land and sea in Revelations, he does not mean literal beasts, but he is using the same prophetic code that Daniel used for Empires. So he is right about there being a code, but its not true that people don’t understand it today, though there are many who may misinterpret parts of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Could the latest decline coincide with the decreased period of solar activity as of late? Can we get someone to tell us if over the past 50 years has solar activity been decreasing or increasing?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
Could the latest decline coincide with the decreased period of solar activity as of late?

I don't know. It is a very strange relationship between the sun and the heliosphere. I know something is definitely changing, and we see it in the very quiet sun spot activity being reported during a supposed solar maximum activity period.

As for equating it to the end times, that is what it says in the Bible. I am quoting in the correct context.

Another fascinating passage concerning the end times in the Bible is where it says knowledge will greatly increase and the "chariots" (cars) will jostle (drive) back and forth.

The prophet was seeing cars, but could only compare it to what he currently knew to be similar...thus the chariot description.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I emailed the science section of their info website for more details. I'll post here when they send me information back.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well, never thought I would hear myself saying this, but defcon is right! haha!

star para ti.

i would suggest to some of you rocket scientists out there, before you go saying we will all fry to death because of the sun. give wiki a good ol search-aroo!

amazing the info that is at the tip of our fingertips!

thanks for the heads up though op

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Although this may seem scary, the fact of the matter is the Sun is in a new solar cycle [24] and is not producing very many sunspots. The activity of the sun, may be related to this defensive shield, and the electromagnetic relationship could be directly linked to the suns activity.

No panic button for me yet.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
[

You have this backwards.
If the Heliosphere is shrinking it means the sun is getting weaker, not stronger. The problem is that the Heliosphere is what keeps junk out of our solar system, cosmic radiation, crap from the Ort cloud, etc.

We will not burn up form this happening, though we may start getting dangerous levels of cosmic radiation as a result of it.

Well let's see whats behind door number one Jack...Oh it's a massive solar flare aimed at the earth that is traveling unimpeded through the weakend heliosphere.

Tell him what he's won Jack...Well you've won a great house under ground with a fantastic view of the ocean on your brand new 100 inch high def film thin TV.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Does this prove global warming?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
if it truly meant that mankind could die out, would that drive us more toward space colonization or genetic manipulation?

just some sci-fi questions i'm throwing out there as possible solutions. governments may run in circles but when scientists get together with a common goal, things get accomplished...especially if they are all the same level of crazy hehe

that is odd about the sun but really before we know more about it there's really no way to know one way or another if this is the end of times or whatever. i mean it may just be part of a natural cycle and will correct itself naturally.

then again if it is the end of time and all that there's still no reason to get into a panic because it will all be over soon anyway. then maybe people would learn all at once, right at the end, just how much we all take for granted and how it could have been better and then we'll have learned our lessons before blinking out of existence

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

As someone else stated it would probably have the opposite effect. As this zone decreases it shows a decrease in the sun's power, thus would actually being cooling, at least that is what I gathered from what they had posted.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

So you are saying that the sun couldn't have a massive solar flare during the period the heliosphere has dwindled down?

Think about it, even at its best behavior the sun is a very dangerous life giver.

But I'm not saying it will wipe out life, on the contrary, it will definitely hurt the quality of life and possibly many who are outside during the radiation apex will be burned.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

Well I hate to say I told you so, but...

I knew this would happen because it states this as a fact in the writings of the Bible. It states the sun will scorch men in the end days!

So it must have many concerned for NASA to be planning on launching a mission to study the anomaly.

It's easy for me to be prophetic when someone already stated it thousands of years ago.

Time to get off your soapbox mate, nothing to see here. As the very last line in the article states (which you must have skipped over in your excitement):

“It is likely that there are natural variations in solar wind pressure and over time it will either stabilise or start going back up.”

Quite simply put, although the data seems alarming at first glance the scientists (and myself) believe it is simply part of a natural cycle that fluctuates over a given period of time. Because we have only really been studying the Sun closely for about 50-odd years this is the first time we have detected it yes, but that does not mean it is the first time it has occurred.

[edit on 20/10/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I'm not trying to alarm anyone, ATS is a site to put out information to discuss. This is the purpose of the site to allow intelligent discourse on subjects that could have an impact on peoples lives.

Again, I'm not saying the sky is falling...Only that this was predicted in the Bible and it seems to be coming true.

However there is a significant segment of the population who believe the Bible to be true and believe we are in the end times...how ever long that will be is up to the Designer of the universe.

I say no longer than 2092 for sure, so most have nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Well let's see whats behind door number one Jack...Oh it's a massive solar flare aimed at the earth that is traveling unimpeded through the weakend heliosphere.

The Heliosphere has nothing to do with blocking solar flares, it is on the outer edge of our solar system, and protects the us from things coming in from the outside. Your thinking about the atmosphere, and the earths magnetic field, which block radiation that comes from the sun. Magnetosphere

Edit Outer Edge, not the otter edge...

[edit on 10/20/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

So you are saying the heliosphere has no blocking ability between the radiation from the sun and earth.

Also, I thought the ozone layer plays a big part in blocking radiation from the sun, and does anyone have any info on how that is coming along, and whether we can even believe what NASA tells us about all these things?

Seems to me that many have a very hard time believing anything NASA says.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

To be quite honest with you mate, your first post does seem to completely refute what you have just said. When someone says things like

Well I hate to say I told you so, but...
then

I knew this would happen because it states this as a fact in the writings of the Bible
and finishes with

It's easy for me to be prophetic when someone already stated it
it becomes extremely hard not to mistake it for you 'declaring' the Bible to be correct and that the sky is falling.

I think you are backtracking to be honest. You have realised your mistake so you are attempting to soften it a little by making it seem now that you were just 'putting it out there for those who believe'.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Well again I believe we are in the end times. I think millions believe we are as well, so what is your argument about exactly matey?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Nope, it sure doesn’t.
The Heliosphere is the outer most edge of our solar system where the energy from the sun (solar wind) meets up with space outside the solar system. The voyagers and pioneers are just getting to the Heliosphere after flying for almost 30 years each. The Ort Cloud is a debris field that lies outside the Heliosphere, and is kept in place by it. I would be more afraid of crap heading in toward us from the Ort Cloud because of this weakening, then being afraid of the sun scorching us.
Here is a picture of the way its laid out from Wiki:
Heliosphere

Yes, Ozone also filters some of the rays of the sun, but ozone is a part of the earths atmosphere, which is exactly why I mentioned the atmosphere in the above post. Last time I checked the hole in the ozone layer was smaller then it used to be, but it fluctuates in size seasonally.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

You believe we are in the Biblical end times while I, on the other hand, do not.

Let me clarify that a little further. While I believe that we are in some troubling times and that possibly the world is in for a big kick up the ass soon, I also believe it will usher in a new beginning, a new existence. I do not believe, however, that any of this is the result of some Biblical assertion or prophecy nor do I believe that the Biblical end times are upon us.

While I believe that the end of our current age is nearing, it is not the same as the Biblical end times. Your assertion that 'millions' believe in the end times is correct when you include those who fall into MY category of thinking as well.

Anyways, I am just saying that you needn't have opened this thread by ramming Biblical end times down everyone's throats.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well be that as it may I suspect the radiation is coming from other suns, so whatever causes it, it will happen. I believe it will happen very soon (next 1-50 years) possibly a combination of our own suns radiation and other radiation coming from the ort whatever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join