It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun's protective 'bubble' is shrinking - NASA will launch mission to study

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I do not deny that we are possibly in the biblical end times, but I also feel that we have been in the end times for quite a long time now. Actually to my way of understanding prophecy (Historicism), the end times started after the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. So, are all these increasing problems and disasters a sign of that? I would agree that they most likely are. However, in this instance, I sense that this is either a natural cycle or it’s a symptom of something else that it going on. There are certainly a lot of new things happening in the last 10 years, the sun flipping poles, aligning with the milky way center, warming of the planets, earth climate changes, etc. It does seem to me that things are speeding up and we are heading into the end of a world cycle.

Unless you have studied a lot of prophecy, from various cultures, you may not be aware that Christianity is not the only one who believes that we are nearing the end of a world age. There have been multiple other cultures who believe that the world sort of resets every 7 to 9 thousand years. The Mayans, and the Egyptians are two prime examples of this. Personally, I think there was a world here before that was destroyed, and the current world was created over the last one. If you read Revelations, you’ll see that the process repeats at least one more time.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well I agree that many have been thinking this for a loooong time. However, they didn't have all of the books to use to interpret like we do today. It is clear to me that this is undoubtedly the last generation that will see everything prophesied fulfilled.

And how can I believe differently when I have witnessed the "impossible" done by the God I worship as mentioned in the Holy Bible on my behalf in answer to direct request for intervention.

Many of the Bible's prophcies have come true, and now we hear about things like this and it just adds validity to the old time writings.

I too believe there is much more to the history of this world than we know about. Just how many prior civilizations is anyones guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
One thing I would like to point out that no one has done yet, is that our solar system is approaching a galactic alignment, this we know to be true.

Could this be it boys? It sounds quite possible that we get more radiation because of this alignment. You could say this is just a cycle but its never happened like this before.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PinealGlandThoth

Interesting PNthoth...any source for this would be apprecviated. Right now i'm in stay awake mode to answer the important threads posted tonight.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Are talking about the books of the bible, or are you reading some kind of pseudopigraphal, Gnostic, or Deuterocanonical texts?

As far as I know the main books of prophecy up to the writing of Revelations were all books used by the Jews in the Hebrew Bible, and included in the Septuagint and later the Vulgate. I don’t understand where you are getting this hidden prophecy stuff from?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PinealGlandThoth

Actually I did mention that two posts above yours, and hinted at the fact that the current issue may be a symptom of something bigger that is happening. All the things that are mentioned above in that post may very well be related to our solar system entering the new galactic plane. There was a good post on here years back, I’ll have to hunt for it, but the crux of the topic was that all the planets heating, and flipping poles had to do with them shifting alignment from the Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy into the Milky Way Galaxy. So basically going from one plane of ecliptic to another. There was also the French Scholar who at about the same time came up with a theory that time would cease to exist as a dimension at that point, making it basically an eternity. Seems to fit pretty well with some of the Biblical ideas of an eternal afterlife on this planet.

[edit on 10/21/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well I meant that they obviously couldn't know what many of the prophecies meant because for one thing many of the prophecies were meant to be fulfilled at a much later date. Many thought John was writing about the age they lived in, in Revelations, and in a way symbolicly it was. Symbolism is very important to God. I don't understand why, but it has something to do with the preset timeline and how it is supposed to play out.

Like when Moses struck the rock instead of speaking to it, God was furious with him because the rock was a representation of Jesus.

Just so you know, I believe in the only book that has proven to stand the test of time the Holy Bible KJV 1611. It might be a little harder to understand, but King James made sure that the best scholars did the translation, and he had them under pain of death. If he found out anything was changed in meaning, he said he would put the one who changed it to death. So that is why it's the most accurate.

As for books, I meant you couldn't just go out and check out or buy all the collected writings like we can today. It was usually read by the priest and you had to take his interpretation of it as gospel.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Everything effects everything else in proportion to it's mass intent and spacetime coordinace. What we focus on expands. Be careful what you point you possible intention towards. We are interacting with the propensity of this stage in era. Too many changes these days to truly know anything on a scale of this magnitute.

edit for:drunk

okay It's been two minutes and I just realized I'm out there, so take this as you will..

[edit on 21-10-2008 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Much of what John was writing about was happing in his time, which is why he wrote it so cryptically. He was already in exile and on the outs with Rome, so writing about Rome directly would have ended his writings and his life quite rapidly. We can now look back at history in the context of those predictions and see that many of them came true, as hindsight is 20/20. I suspect you have been taught Futurism as a school of interpretation, but its not the only one, nor do I find it to be the best one. The one big prophecy of Futurism, that they always hold up as coming true, is the rebirth of Israel, yet if you follow Historicism, you’ll find many things have come true. From my perspective, John was writing about the Persecution of Christians under Rome, The Persecution of Christians under the Inquisition, The Protestant Reformation, and a final world Empire before the coming of Christ.

Just go back and carefully re-read the discussion that Christ had with the Disciples before he was put to death. They do not ask him one question, but rather two, and they think both will happen at the same time, but Christ never said they would. The first thing they want to know was when the Temple would be destroyed and the end of an age. This relates back to the Destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD (the end of the age of the Jews), and so does Christ’s answer to this. That is how the Christians knew when to flee to Pella. The second set of answers are about the actual end of the world, and Christ’s return. I recommend reading Josephus Wars of the Jews, and looking online for a comparison to that war and what Christ was talking about.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Actually you make perfect sense...drunk or not.
But yes I understand the law of influence. But how can you bury your head in the sand and say everything is gonna be okay because you can't or don't want to see what is coming.

I live every day aware of what is coming, but I know where I'm going to end up, so it makes it much easier than those who have no clue. I don't worry about the sun giving off radiation or earthquakes or bad economy because I have the promise by the God who created it all that in the end for me everything will be just fine.

Edit to say that actually I do worry, but I am still going to face the bad things knowing that whatever happens God will get me through it.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I don't know what I wrote that made you think I thought everything was going to be okay....Is that an unconscious projection? Not in my words at all...

What I meant was just what I said. If this is true, at this rate, how could science possibly have an altering effect on what seems to be a demise, if it is not a reversable, natural cycle? I just meant that we would probably be better off seeing it as it is and not trying to interpret it based on what little we know.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PinealGlandThoth
One thing I would like to point out that no one has done yet, is that our solar system is approaching a galactic alignment, this we know to be true.

Could this be it boys? It sounds quite possible that we get more radiation because of this alignment. You could say this is just a cycle but its never happened like this before.
You're probably referring to the Ophiuchus event. It signifies the alignment of the sun, earth, and center of the milky way. I believe that Leonardo Di Vinci and Nostradamus tried to communicate this through paintings. The alignment happens every 12,000 years, next alignment is in 2012 and coincides with the end of the Aztec calendar.

NASA found there's a heliostream coming from the center of the milky way that affects the bubble around the sun. science.nasa.gov...

Some of Nostradamus paintings to illustrate the wheel of empires, three eclipses, the sun on the head of government, and the burned wheel. The Eight spokes of the wheel signify the alignment of the minor cross (earth poles and equator), the major cross (solar system), and the heavenly cross (milky way).

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Dbriefed]

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Dbriefed]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Thus the burning and proly peoples skin being red and burned is what the prophet saw and equated it to the only known thing he could... heat.

a Prophet by their very nature is not bound to their contextual times, by the very fact that they are prophetizing about the future.

When one has to rationalize it this way it actually (potentially) discredits the prophets abilities.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Existing thread on this topic here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I guess we'll have to recycle all the more because as we ALL know its us bad humans that has tipped the balance here on Earth with our evil ways to cause this change!.................. Oh sorry I was in sheeple mode there.

Part 1 : War on Drugs, war on Cancer, war on terrorists, Global economic problems, Pandemic Aids............. Part 2 : War on Food, war on expanding population, war on water rights, war on health foods, war on anti-nationalism.

Sheeple need not apply!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The problem with observations like this.
Is when they started measuring it.
If they had have started measuring it 300 million years ago.
Then they might actually have some decent non garbage data to analyze it from.
This is like saying the stock market is going down, based upon 30 seconds of historical data.

Oh and secondly, don't you find it amazing that the protective bubble is reducing, at the same time Solar activity is at its lowest?
These systems must be all intermingled and working together.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Interestinggg]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

I believe that OP is discussing this from the aspect of biblical prophecy, which means that if the other thread is not on the same subject, it’s a different topic.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
I knew this would happen because it states this as a fact in the writings of the Bible. It states the sun will scorch men in the end days!

If you haven't ?already? can you please post the passages from the Bible you are referring to?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PinealGlandThoth

We fear that which we do not understand. Know that there are reasons for the Heliosphere being stripped away, but don't pretend to understand these reasons fully. Instead be mindful of these changes and accept them as what they are.

www.smh.com.au...

According to the above article, the protective shield that surrounds our Solar System has decreased nearly 25% in the last decade. There is a 'Global Warming' phenomenon happening on every planet in our Solar System. With galactic alignment growing closer, who's to say our solar system is not opening itself up to receive the desirable rays and energies?

Our Solar System is not merely the byproduct of space particles forming together. It is a living entity, just as we are, and we are made of the very same particles that every planet is.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
With galactic alignment growing closer, who's to say our solar system is not opening itself up to receive the desirable rays and energies?

Who's to say our solar system isn't being forced into this by undesirable rays and energies?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join