It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 768
<< 765  766  767    769  770  771 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Also what's up with the Hang Seng? Was it even open yesterday?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

When it comes to "unemployment numbers" remember that only if your job have benefits for unemployment is counted when you file for benefits, most jobs in the US today do not fall on unemployment benefits so they are not counted.

The numbers means that people that receive unemployment have either run out of the fund or that the jobs that pay into the pot are now scarce, giving a sense of unemployment been lower.

The GDP is a big lie, this is how the government can claim GDP growth and those that do no understand the game behind it will applaud the numbers

The Biggest Lie of the 20th Century
Gross domestic product is supposed to be a measure of all the goods and services produced here at home.

But there's a discrepancy.

You see, private-sector output is measured by the price people are prepared to pay for it. But government output is fudged: It's measured by its cost.

That means GDP increases any time the government spends money. It doesn't matter if that money is actually put to productive use or not - GDP rises nonetheless.

The bureaucrat devising regulations that damage business? His salary increases GDP. The $300 million Alaskan "bridge to nowhere" of a few years back? That was $300 million added to GDP. The jet-fighter project that costs billions, and is plagued by huge overruns that lead to its cancellation? Those billions add to GDP.

Even public-spending "stimulus" programs, however foolish, are always effective according to the GDP definition, because their cost is simply added to output.

It's obvious why big-government Keynesians would like this calculation: It substantiates their claim that government spending stimulates economic growth.

moneymorning.com...

I hope this help understand how the govenrment decieve those that do not understand how they lie with numbers.

edit on 29-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Sooo, the big questionnow that the EFSF bailed out the EU who is bailing out the EFSF well guess from where the funds will come from, because after all the countries involved are actually hurting for funds right? because that is the reason they are bailing themselves out.

The money will be stolen from long term funds, like plundering the pension assets of its children and grandchildren, under the assumption that future growth will cover the re-payment.

The European Financial Stability Facility ‘allocated’ €750 billion for future funding crises. This money, however, does not exist and will not appear out of thin air. The facility raises funds on an ‘as needed basis’ by selling bonds to large investors (e.g. foreign governments, pension plans, etc.). The funds are then pooled to provide bail-outs to members in trouble – a one-for-all and all-for-one approach. The bulk of the facility is ‘covered’ a €440 billion guarantee made by EU member states.

The value of these guarantees depends on the strength of the state providing the guarantee. When member states have to contribute to a bailout, they collectively tap into their own fiscal reserves and/or borrowing capacity via the facility. If the guarantor country has insufficient reserves they must issue bonds. Alternatively, funding nations can take (steal?) from long-term assets. For example, to fund part of its own bailout Ireland plundered the pension assets of its children and grandchildren, under the assumption that future growth will cover the re-payment. This is a giant logical leap for a country experiencing a devastating real estate collapse and massive unemployment. Asset-liability matching be damned…Ireland is swinging for the fences.

Frankly, Germany (and maybe France) is the only country holding the EU economy together so the EU guarantee (which encompasses many countries with economies far weaker than Germany’s) is tantamount to taking from the poor to give to the poor – most other EU members are themselves sub-prime borrowers of the sovereign kind.

www.planbeconomics.com...

So how long this new plundering of personal population wealth will last, stay tuned because is about to get worst.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We don't need to worry.
All we need to do is read newspapers.

US ambassador Robert Ford pelted with tomatoes in Syria

Ups! This is not what I meant

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Our generation senior to us are greedy A* holes. they gladly look into the faces of the youth, reach around and steal the cash out of your pocket.

Im glad my greedy hippy grandparents get to retire on my back. Maybe one day when i retire i will have enough money to eat once a day in my card board box on the side of the highway.
edit on 29-9-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Camry's

Well actually is not really our last generation but the politicians that has take over the white House that are bought off by private interest the ones that are taking this nations to the ground with their policies and treaties.

My father generation did well he was able to retire and pay off his home and live during that time that America was prosperous.

My husband and I have it better when it comes to wages but our retirement plans has been affected by the economic woes, my children now adults are having a harder time when it comes to jobs even when they are educated.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Germany rumors again.

Insider Reports Germany Printing Up Marks will Abandon Euro
www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

Philippa Malmgren
. . .
She is now reporting, according to the Sweden's largest business paper, Dagens Industri, that she expects the Germans will announce they will return to the Deutschmark and that they have already ordered the new currency printed up.
. . .
News to expect in the coming days and weeks...

•The Germans announce they are re-introducing the Deutschmark. They have already ordered the new currency and asked that the printers hurry up.

Dr. Pippa Malmgren
www.pippamalmgren.com...

She was Special Assistant to the President for Economic Policy on the National Economic Council (President Bush). She was also a member of the President's Working Group on Financial Markets, aka, the Plunge Protection Team. Her client list includes every elite corporate firm in the world

We will see how this pans out, but it coincides with the drop from today's highs.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What's that fizzling sound I hear? Oh, never mind. It's just this latest rally.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Oh, please... We need French Parliament (do they even have one?) to come out with some hope tomorrow, or else...

I've noticed that article about how baby boomers' generation is responsible for all this. Especially hippies

No, really, people are falling for that.
All accomplishments of hippie and rock 'n roll generation were destroyed by this system.
People go back in time to listen to some real creative music and to rest from this bloodsucking system, which will blame earth worms if necessary...

Just to remind you, before Bin Laden it was Timothy Leary after whom went FBI, and guess where they found him - in Afghanistan

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
just to touch base with the thinkers/ponderers on this thread...

www.chrismartenson.com...

here the author is speaking of the new

the European EFSF, the so-called rescue facility for the Eurozone, which is currently conceived to use leverage (to solve a debt problem!) and is thought to look something like this

(the EFSF is a clone of the USA Federal Reserve system)=== see the link for the serpentine flow of authorities in generating cash/liquidity/money-from-the-air...

As far as I can tell, the complexity serves one main purpose, and that is to baffle enough of the populace for long enough to allow a significant transfer of public wealth to occur in broad daylight into private pockets. In this regard, Europe and the United States seem to be identical

Summary: Part I
The world that Europe, the US and Japan are desperately trying to sustain is no longer possible in a world of too much debt and too expensive energy. The plethora of sliding data noted above represents classic warning signs taht one would expect to see from a global economy in systemic decline.

We are now down to the wire. Over the next few months and years, our story of credit growth - four decades in the making - will continue to unwind. Those who place their faith in the authorities to first, understand the true nature of the predicament, and second, implement restorative policies, are at tremendous risk of personal and/or financial losses.

In Part II of this report: Understanding What Happens Next, we discuss important decoupling trends, what steps global leaders will be forced to take later this year to deal with them, why these steps won't work, and what prudent individuals should be doing now to protect themselves and their wealth.

Click here to access Part II of this report...
NOTE: (still a $$ only 'full' report)~ however i think this bloger/reporter has the proper viewpoint(s)
to read his redacted/ highly edited (free) presentation of Part II

hope it is of value to youse guys
edit on 29-9-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So thoughts on about todays Stocks rise amid positive U.S. data?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What positive data? sugar coated unemployment numbers and the deceiving GDP, you know how those numbers are been manipulated.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I would like to get an update from someone here. What is going on with the rise in american markets? Is it just a bubble? I am not that savey on the market. I only judge the world through the Dow. How is everything going?
edit on 29-9-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I would like to get an update from someone here. What is going on with the rise in american markets? Is it just a bubble? I am not that savey on the market. I only judge the world through the Dow. How is everything going?
edit on 29-9-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

I bolded the relevant pert.

You're not alone. Many people (mostly the sheep) judge the state of the economy on what they hear the DOW is at on the top and bottom of the hour news.

That's why TPTB (The Bernake) use QE to pump it up. If the market's up, the sheep think all is well. They need to keep the DOW up through the election next year, so the average voter thinks the economy is fine.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

If you go back a page back you will find that this is all linked to the bailouts been approved by Germany to keep the EU afloat.

Is plenty of information in the last few pages that will teach you what you need to know.

I will warn you that if you depend on the markets to judge the well being of the economy the information you will learn will change your views of everyyhinh about the corruption in the US markets in the EU markets and the governments involved.

edit on 29-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

If you go back a page back you will find that this is all linked to the bailouts been approved by Germany to keep the EU afloat.

Is plenty of information in the last few pages that will teach you what you need to know.

I will warn you that if you depend on the markets to judge the well being of the economy the information you will learn will change your views of every about the corruption in the US markets in the EU markets and the governments involved.

I've been a ats member for awhile (goes back to 98). I do know the jive of the market and how the Dow is false. Economy is bad, but I wonder when will SHTF? In my opinion they already did, but I ask this question because I feel that we are probably in a depression and the world doesn't know what to do as of yet. Honestly this seems like it will get resolved in 2012. Could this be the reason for a NWO?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I think the NWO is fading because the gambling on the worlds economies by those that thought they could gain from doing that, in other words things are not going as planned.

But that is my opinion, still the money been use for the bailouts is money that is not there, it doesn't exist, right now countries in the EU are gambling with the future of generations, pension funds and retirements, very soon this is going to be done in the US, already the government has gamble away our entitlement programs, the gamblers are running out of money and options.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
New World Order is a Police State. It has been around for at least 6.000 years. There's nothing "new" about it. The only problem is they always go bankrupt and they always need to skin someone alive to get more, and people are incapable of organizing against the bunch because people are also like them and think they can do on their own, disregarding others and competing among themselves, and...

Well, we have seen what they did with the former bailouts. They paid bonuses to the bosses. And now banks are going to tax people, because the state won't do it since it is a double tax
It would be too obvious.

The reason people do nothing about the NWO is cowardice. There are so many excuses and "hopes". The whole thing works on just "hope", because there are poised weapons awaiting in the opposite direction.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
My, my, we gonna need another QE today

It's like in the case of Michael Jackson. The System just cant acknowledge death

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Is the "China syndrome" what is causing the markets woes today, but it could also be that next week the "Fed twist" is going to be implemented and things are not looking good.

How much the Fed had allocated since 2008 to bailout the foreign banks? you may be surprised to find out how much.

The Fed's $16 Trillion Bailouts Under-reported,

The media’s inscrutable brush-off of the Government Accounting Office’s recently released audit of the Federal Reserve has raised many questions about the Fed’s goings-on since the financial crisis began in 2008.

The audit of the Fed’s emergency lending programs was scarcely reported by mainstream media – albeit the results are undoubtedly newsworthy. It is the first audit of the Fed in United States history since its beginnings in 1913. The findings verify that over $16 trillion was allocated to corporations and banks internationally, purportedly for “financial assistance” during and after the 2008 fiscal crisis.

I wonder sometimes who is more out of control the Fed or the US government, but them I remember they are both one and the same, run by Goldman Sach

Why do they do this? because the Fed can they do not need congress approval to do anything they want with money that is not theirs to begin with, but then again who gave the Fed the powers they have?

www.forbes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 765  766  767    769  770  771 >>

join