It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 771
<< 768  769  770    772  773  774 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

The Southerners are just wanting for our chance to Rise Again and this time we will not fail!
2nd line.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well yes it's an example of capitalism, but freedom and democracy is pushing the point a little to far
there are those who covert the political system, but given the corruption with in it doubt many envy
that style of democracy.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wondera

When you see the type of capitalism that has take hold of the US that only works for a few, while the rest are forced into entitlement programs that has been raided by the government to the point of been depleted then you understand that democracy in America is nothing but a socialized one that only affect the working class.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well, the markets are getting a beating, does anybody knows what is fuling the downfall today?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think bankers are going to be let down.
If they don't control the army, and I think they don't, they are finished.
OWS may be the sign that some political force has started denouncing them.
The fact is, they've #ed up economy and nobody wants to owe them nothing just because.
Bailouts didn't work. Banksters just want more and more, instead of fixing up economy.
It doesn't work. Why would they be kept in such high position then? I don't see why, and most people will not see why. There is no reason.
It's like a divorce. Suddenly, I don't love you anymore. Get out!
They can wave with their papers, but won't be able to chase a mosquito with them.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
PPT To the RESCUE!!!

Nice comeback .. strayed to far from 11.4k and we need to get back before people panic.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG WTF INSANITY

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ok, what just happened? Market went pretty much vertically up the last 45 minutes. Man, my shorts got hammered. Anybody know what caused this?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It cannot be explained. It can only be experienced

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Context:

Source

The PPT can take it to the skies. But gravity always wins.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It makes no sense because the markets are driven by fear now and not facts. To make things more complicated when fear drives the markets down to avoid causing more fear over the fear of a crash certain institutions or individuals manipulate the market to prop it up. Its unpredictable even for experienced stock brokers who know how to predict the markets based on the traditional information.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Digital_Reality because: Spelling..

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't play the market but I watch them. Said to myself this morning, oh the market should do an upswing today since it tumbled the last 2.

Maybe I should get into this. Up, up, down, down, up, down. Traders making money either way. I like how the Dow has bounced around 11,000 for the what, last 9 months?

Although I will add, I think it's gonna fall hard and soon. But I think there will be a big trigger, big.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Moody's downgrades Italy: the full statement

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Moody's Investors Service has today downgraded Italy's government bond ratings to A2 with a negative outlook from Aa2, while affirming its short-term ratings at Prime-1. The rating action concludes the review for downgrade initiated by Moody's on June 17, 2011.

The main drivers that prompted the rating downgrade are:

(1) The material increase in long-term funding risks for euro area sovereigns with high levels of public debt, such as Italy, as a result of the sustained and non-cyclical erosion of confidence in the wholesale finance environment for euro sovereigns, due to the current sovereign debt crisis.

(2) The increased downside risks to economic growth due to macroeconomic structural weaknesses and a weakening global outlook.

(3) The implementation risks and time needed to achieve the government's fiscal consolidation targets to reverse the adverse trend observed in the public debt, due to economic and political uncertainties.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I have so far been conditioned to be stupid and not understand anything about markets.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Greece is at a stand still the nation has been shut down, no even air lines are flying in or out.

No good,

Greece Shutdown by Nationwide Strike (Oct 5),

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Greece is at a stand still the nation has been shut down, no even air lines are flying in or out.

No good,

Greece Shutdown by Nationwide Strike (Oct 5),

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The European markets seem to be happy about this...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Either some are gambling on chaos or is because the Bank of Ingland is going to lower interest rates tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It seems they are happy that the UKs growth has yet again been revised downwards by the ONS to 0.1% for April to June.. Not sure the Bank can lower interest rates any more.. perhaps we'll get news of a second round of QE is going to happen as they spend the remaining £50b they have in hand to print. I guess we'll know soon enough.. more monopoly money on it's way.

"We believe it is only a matter of time before we see more QE," said James Knightley at ING Financial Markets. "We favour November as the announcement point ... given close proximity to the US Federal Reserve and European Central Bank policy meetings and the Cannes G20 summit. Being seen to act in some kind of co-ordinated fashion may also give the stimulus more bang for its buck, rather than going it alone currently in what are very volatile markets and a mixed environment for data."
www.guardian.co.uk...

Could this be what the markets are happy about? yet more monopoly money to go round.

edit on 5/10/11 by thoughtsfull because: add source and quote

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There are only two Options: Either they print Money to "fix" this mess,which will result in Hyper-Inflation for everyone in the Mid to Long Term,or they let the System Crash right now.

I fear they are aiming for the first Option,which would enable them to steal everything until nothing is left to steal,before they reset the System...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

The monopoly money seems to be working for the US, or is not. . . but our markets seems to be happy also, that only shows that while the nations economy goes to the crapper Wall Street booms.

Inequality at its finest.

Datas are coming out all negative but Wal Street holds on, the gamblers seems to profit from chaos.

I guess the UK think that what is going in the US should be mimicked.

top topics

<< 768  769  770    772  773  774 >>

join