It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 770
<< 767  768  769    771  772  773 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Selling stocks and gold, buying dollars, and seeing Euro to doom

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Euro Plunges After Draghi Says Eurobanks Have Liquidity Crisis, Finland And Spain FinMins Say No Need For EFSF Expansion

The EURUSD as expected, is now in free fall mode, following a plethora of statement out of place, after coming ECB head Draghi says the bank in Europe have a liquidity crisis, the Finland FinMin has said he does not want an expansion of the EFSF nor does he expect a solution on the collateral "row", saying a Deal on EFSF Collateral is uncertain, and lastly, Spain's Salgado has said there is no need of "quantitative amplification" of the EFSF. In other words, with the EFSF leverage meeting imminent, it appears that pretty much nobody aside from France, and some Econ PhDs, are banging the table on using a 10x expansion, knowing all too well that just as Nomura explained last night, such a move is equivalent to money printing and invites nothing short of hyperinflation if and when it all goes wrong.

Denial in 3...2...1

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Big borrowers face larger down-payments, rates
Government-backing for big loans ends October 1

www.marketwatch.com...

This one will sure slow down the selling of houses with big morgage payments.

Markets Fail When Humans Are Unregulated

The failure to regulate financial markets has produced enormous losses to all Americans except the super-rich. But the U.S. government is guilty of an even greater failure. Washington has not only permitted but also encouraged the unemployment of its citizens by enabling greed-driven corporations to send American jobs abroad in order to maximize profits for CEOs’ bonuses, shareholders, and Wall Street.

www.economyincrisis.org...

When you have Goldman Sach alumni within government dictating, writing and passing laws this is what happen.

edit on 3-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Liquidity crisis? were did last week bailout go
, I got it, it got lost in the data transfers.

U.S. stocks slide back despite ISM data

U.S. stocks fell Monday, unable to hold on gains briefly recorded in choppy trading after a report showing slightly stronger U.S. manufacturing activity, on worries that Greece would fail to get its next round of bailout aid on time, bringing the country closer to default.

Worries over a possible sovereign debt default in Europe, which could avalanche into major losses among banks and a sharp contraction in lending, have rattled global stock markets for the last several months.

“Investors appear to be mired in the middle of a wall of worry, concerned about the political situation in Washington, the ongoing high unemployment rate of the economy, the European debt situation, and the failure of the housing market to stabilize,” wrote Fred Dickson, chief investment strategist at Davidson Cos

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The dow jones has just closed below major support from the August lows which is a very bad sign.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Think there's more downside to come, or we'll bounce off the lows and consolidate like we did from August - September? Either way, the bottom is going to fall out sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I think theres a good chance of a bounce tomorrow. But the next big leg down will happen soon.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
reply to post by mossme89

I think theres a good chance of a bounce tomorrow. But the next big leg down will happen soon.

You may be right, tomorrow short rebound, Wed fall. the stocks are getting us ready for the huge fall, i think which will occur either ths year or in 2012.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This is a very vicious play with Greece and EU...

It's like a pre-crystalizing solution, only needs a small jab to turn into a rock.

Mr. Creosote Booooom

www.youtube.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Eurozone delays decision on next Greek payout

Eurozone finance ministers have delayed making a decision on giving Greece its next instalment of bailout cash, sending European shares down sharply.

It came after Greece said it would not meet this year's deficit cutting plan.

A meeting set for 13 October, when finance ministers had been expected to sign off the next Greek loan, has now been cancelled, says BBC Europe correspondent Chris Morris.

French shares fell 3.3%, German stocks by 3.2%, and the UK's FTSE by 2.4%.

edit on 4-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
there down and still falling....

but i dont see the bottom falling out just yet, soon but not today.

the markets are looking earily simular to the pre 08 crash, up, down, down, up, down, big down,up, big down....... and then the crash.

i except i think we all expect it to be much much worse than the last one!

i dont know if people has seen this vid before but if you havent i recomend people watch it. he shows the trend of stock markets and shows what he expects to happen. but well worth the watch if you have the time imo!!
not sure how to imbed the vid but here it is...

edit: i got it

edit on 4/10/11 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Not sure if this was mentioned, but the philipeans had a flooding of their rice crop, nd japan will be having a huge problem with theirs because of radiation.

It's a good time to get into the rice business, there are going to be shortages, and the price of rice will skyrocket.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I hope it's not the plastic kind.... Source
and

Fake Plastic Rice from China
According to the Korean-language “Weekly Hong Kong” (which many Vietnam websites are referencing as well), Singapore media claim that fake rice is being distributed in the Chinese town of Taiyuan, in Shaanxi province. This “rice” is a mix of potatoes, sweet potatoes, and plastic. It is formed by mixing the potatoes and sweet potatoes into the shape of rice grains, then adding industrial synthetic resins. Since the rice does not behave like normal rice, it stays hard even after it has been cooked. Such synthetic resins can also be very harmful if consumed.

Source

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Banks are going down, and so are markets.
Are they trying to extort something, make a point?
Oil is down 3%
Is someone sucking in back previous bailouts?
Dollar getting stronger. But relative to what?
Looks (to me) like herding the cattle...
Slaughter?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
No, the reason it went up for a bit was an aritficial bump. The traders created a demand so that they could sell off some stocks and make a little back.
Gold might go up, when things go south gold goes up, cause everyone thinks its a safe bet. So it will creat an demand.

Personnally I think gold will go down after a modest rise, prolly bottom at 1100 in mid first quater.

lots of variable though.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Maybe now the EU finally is coming to their senses and realized that adding bandaids to the financial crisis in Greece is a waste of money, but then again is the same with all the trillions been wasted in American stimulus, bailouts just like in the EU.

No amount of money is going to fix the debt, only erasing the debt with fix the debt.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
they can't just erase that debt, because the debt is being sold in the derivatives market.

They make money trading debt and insuring it. It's exactly like the what happened with the market in the states except not they are playing the game globally.

It's really dangerous.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Derivatives cause the 2008 economic crisis and will crash the economy again and again and again, because the gambling is too good, Goldman Sach is great at it and then they have the government bailing them out with tax payers money.

But eventually a decision has to be made, because whatever is going on right now is not working and will not work.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Your singing to the choir sister.

Because they succeded at making so much money, of course they are gonna go after bigger game (global debt market).

They are gonna end up crashing the whole economy, but they will make money as it is crashing.
They see the world differently. They will chase the dollar right off the cliff, with everyone else in the car.

The rub is, we can't do anything to stop it, aside from global revolution.

I mean it is almost irreversable, really what they need is a global regulations on derivatives (which won't happen).
Too much money in play.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Exactly, the only ones that are suffering are the working classes, the populations are waking up to the corruption, austerity is synonymous of slavery, I expect things to get worst as people will raise up against the banking and financial system.

Interesting US has always been looked at as an example of Democracy, Freedom and Capitalism, but is from the US markets that the mess and corruption started, when American population start to raised up and become more than just protest the rest of the worlds population will follow sue. things will get ugly.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
You know i just can't see the people of the states rising up. They are just too patriotic, maybe war with china? I wouldn't doubt that could happen, especially if they pass that bill.

new topics

top topics

<< 767  768  769    771  772  773 >>

join