It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 517
<< 514  515  516    518  519  520 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

With my cash account if I sell a stock purchased with unsettled funds My account is frozen for 90 days. This is a punitive T+3 rule that applies to cash accounts. The rules are complicated for small investors its like being imprisoned in French Guiana.

Speaking of island nations it appears the Nikkei is up again.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate

With my cash account if I sell a stock purchased with unsettled funds My account is frozen for 90 days. This is a punitive T+3 rule that applies to cash accounts. The rules are complicated for small investors its like being imprisoned in French Guiana.

Speaking of island nations it appears the Nikkei is up again.

I didn't even know you could sell a stock with unsettled funds. Though I don't have a cash account...you are right about the millions of rules. The rules to 'protect' us from ourselves.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
On this subject of the crash of '08 I went a little further back in the time line...

Welcome to The Real Matrix: Time for The Red Pill?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

On the subject of evidence destroyed related to the crash and 9/11...

WTC7 contained a ton of paperwork related to Enron/Worldcom and records related to the shorting of the Airlines involved in 9/11 and the exact spot hit in the Pentagon was a budget office that was involved with the $2T gone missing Rumsfeild talked about the day before 9/11...

Follow the Stocks
angelsfortruth.com...

~
"Odds are the SEC records in WTC 7 that were fortuitously destroyed when that building was 'pulled' included this bogus Brady Bond deal," wrote Karl Schwarz.
"Our sources have informed us that there was a group of ONI [Office of Naval Intelligence] working in this part of the Pentagon (that was destroyed) that were investigating the $120 billion Brady Bond scam I have reported on recently."
Much more at Link...

Coincidence??? NOT...it all goes back to my theory...take a look...let me know what ya think...

Shanghai Composite 2,849.94 9:54PM ET Down 31.176 (1.08%)
Nikkei 225 10,301.15 9:49PM ET Down 19.79 (0.19%)
Straits Times 2,634.28 10:09PM ET Down 9.67 (0.37%)

Gold hit $1K earlier? Hmmm...the USD hasn't dropped that much...

RPT-GLOBAL MARKETS-Gold futures hit $1,000, Asia shares rise
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 9/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You are right, I went back and re-read my posts again & I did not come across the way I thought I had this afternoon.

My concept of same stock was to buy and sell it (the stock) in the same day, that did not come out right - at all ooops!

you can make all the purchases you can afford, but buying and selling the same stock on the same day kicks in the rules.

This can really suck when you set stops (and do not have a margin acct) that get triggered due to market fluctuation, and you get locked out of your trading acct for 90 days!

GBM... Hedge Fund????? Where do you intend to get the capital to start a hedge fund? That's a Minimum of $1 Mill Dude! Just having a program & charts ain't gonna convince investors, you gotta have a track record too ya know

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I need more than 1,000,000 I need 7.5 million

Consultants actually, and my strategy (newest) so far has been +40% per year trending... but historical testing is not done yet

I do know some private investors with net worth's of over 50 Mil, but rather not involve them as they are my dads "friends"

EDIT: If you are an accredited investor we would talk, if not I will be looking for your contracts sitting in the pit hahaaha - jk - but seriously I think this is gonna work

[edit on 8-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

GBM if you look at the 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 emas for the SP500, don't you think that has the looks of turning bearish with them all converging? Which usually means the higher emas will cross over to the top again?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If you look at my signature link I called for this

Its perfectly normal for the 20 and 50 to play again with the 200 EMA

I will also summon a UFO like prophet yawyeh lol

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
but i still think we hit a new yearly high THIS WEEK

edit:

based on those doji moves i was referencing on the 20 EMA

Although I don tthink I can summon the UFO cause we did not drop as immediate as I expected in all honesty

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
EDIT: If you are an accredited investor we would talk, if not I will be looking for your contracts sitting in the pit hahaaha - jk - but seriously I think this is gonna work

Best of luck

But seriously, If I am an accredited investor, I would ONLY be talking with other accredited investors, with a good track record behind their portfolios

I would not be talking with you

ETA: PS I know some real good lawyers, for when you might need some - to keep your prison sentence down

[edit on 9/8/09 by redhatty]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
but i still think we hit a new yearly high THIS WEEK

edit:

based on those doji moves i was referencing on the 20 EMA

Although I don tthink I can summon the UFO cause we did not drop as immediate as I expected in all honesty

So you agree with me that the charts are beginning to turn a little bearish?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

lol

you would if you wanted to gain 40% per year - have fun with mediocrity!

jk again - like i said i hate talking before all the results are in, its a HIGHLY leveraged system so not too good to talk too soon!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

my dad does

i actually dont right now at least for this week... but if you take a look we are in a pretty tight trading range as FUXC as pointed out a few times in fact

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

To Bowley, Buffett "seems to be worrying that the broader stock market might falter again" although he "refused to be drawn out on where stocks are headed."

Could those "worries" be prompting Berkshire to cut its spending on stocks to the "lowest level in more than five years?"

Not to mention insider selling is at record highs while insider buying is at record lows...

Doesn't make me too confident to buy right now

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
More Brown Tumbleweeds...

Job outlook hits worst-ever level
Employers' hiring plans at lowest point in Manpower survey's history
www.marketwatch.com...

Uncounted Jobless: No Work, And Too Discouraged to Look
www.cnbc.com...

Eurozone jobless at 10-year high
July's eurozone unemployment was the worst since 1999
news.bbc.co.uk...

Unemployment levels across the 16 countries that use the euro hit a 10-year high in July, as the impact of the recession continued to be felt.

Does the world have the courage to deal with its debts?
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Deflation is spreading from the core of the global system to the most unexpected regions of the world. It has even reached Latin America. Prices are sliding in Peru, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Bolivia, Ecuador, Guatemala, and El Salvador, to the consternation of everybody.

The Coming Reset in State Government
My fellow governors and I are likely facing a permanent reduction in tax revenues.
online.wsj.com...

State government finances are a wreck. The drop in tax receipts is the worst in a half century. Fewer than 10 states ended the last fiscal year with significant reserves, and three-fourths have deficits exceeding 10% of their budgets. Only an emergency infusion of printed federal funny money is keeping most state boats afloat right now.

Barack Obama accused of making 'Depression' mistakes
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Trade and Development Report 2009
www.unctad.org...

Fed Balance Sheet Grows for Third Week on Bond Buying (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

China firms may sue over derivatives: regulator
sg.biz.yahoo.com...

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Gold $1009

Silver $16.77

DXY 77.518

YEN 92.136

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Gold $1009

Silver $16.77

DXY 77.518

YEN 92.136

We should have an ATS party because Gold is over 1000 again since most of ATS are gold bugs

By the way-why the hell are futures up 1%?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I'm not a Gold Bug per say, but, it is indicating something stinks in Denmark... :shk:

Some strange moves this morning...

9435.27 9523.0 87.73

FTSE 100 4,967.89 4:12AM ET Up 34.71 (0.70%)
CAC 40 3,670.8899 4:12AM ET Up 18.06 (0.49%)
DAX 5,493.03 4:12AM ET Up 29.52 (0.54%)

GBP 1.6508

Euro 1.44283

USD 77.39

YEN 92.29

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Something on the oil front:

www.bloomberg.com...

Russia is now the leading exporter of oil. When OPEC cut their production, Russia increased theirs making them the largest exporter of oil at a production of 7.4 million barrels per day (with Saudi Arabia at 7 million).

This is something to worry about if you are a oil bull. Because OPEC has been relatively successful at implementing cuts, but now that oil is near 70 dollars/barrel and Russia is increasing their production (benefiting off of OPEC's cuts), it will be more difficult for OPEC to stop countries from producing more than they agreed to. Which would be bearish for oil...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Yep OPEC seems to think it's in a "sweet spot" right now...

OPEC Set to Hold Supply Steady, Likes Oil Price
www.cnbc.com...

Oil at close to $70 means OPEC will almost certainly keep existing output cuts in place when it meets in Vienna on Wednesday, although it could seek to tighten compliance with existing targets, ministers and delegates said.

...Gonna take a ride in to the Dangerzone...

USD 77.22

YEN 92.03

EURO 1.4487

GBP 165.67

COMEX Gold $1008

9435.27 9508.0 72.73

1015.85 1024.8 8.95

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

The FTSE made a new high above 4960 this morning. The markets are moving in a wider trading range then they were earlier in the year so bears have a better chance of making some money on a down leg if they short a rally. I'm a bear but even I went long after the last pullback. The bears that did not unload their shorts at the bottom of the trading range lost money. Who knows how long the up trend will continue with the US dollar becoming worthless?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

top topics

<< 514  515  516    518  519  520 >>

join