It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 515
<< 512  513  514    516  517  518 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

I dont know mang' I really am not into equities, except for once in a while Ill see a chart and it will catch my eye

Do you trade your own capital?

If not, or either way I should say, if equities were my only game I could play, I would load up on what was hot in Europe in the mornings (that sector's ETF) if you can purchase that on margin overnight (pre market)..

Not sure of the rules and restrictions though..

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Great story. I know this will sound stupid...did you make that up? Took that from somewhere else or it happened?

BTW, I like your jokes on this thread!

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You don't know Mr Stander very well do you?

A Big Time Personal Janitor for Mr Goldman...who aspires to sit at a Chicago Desk with a Gold Plated Name Placard

Shanghai Composite 2,882.062 2:21AM ET Up 20.453 (0.71%)
Nikkei 225 10,320.94 2:00AM ET Up 133.83 (1.31%)
Hang Seng 20,597.40 2:21AM ET Up 278.78 (1.37%)

FTSE 100 4,886.36 3:03AM ET Up 89.61 (1.87%)
CAC 40 3,626.1399 3:03AM ET Up 27.38 (0.76%)
DAX 5,432.87 3:03AM ET Up 48.44 (0.90%)

[edit on 9/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
On Tuesday it will be stander room only for the enormous Van Jones defeat inspired ''Take Back America Rally'' to Dow 10K.

It is time to clear out the commies, roust the reds from under the beds, and generally just kick some butt and Take Back America from the shower scum that has been allowed to grow in Washington.

Don't forget Obama himself is in love with Van Jones. Barak is going to have to get deep into a war in order to save his Presidential history. Next year we'll be hearing about the draft and the unemployment problem will be solved. He will be the most compromised President ever. Dontcha know.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Gold $998

Can it break the "magic" 1k???

I'm still wondering why it's trending higher...HK pulling Gold and China Com Fut default rumor still floating?

www.cnbc.com...

USD falling a "tad" also...

data.cnbc.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The Hang Seng closed up 310.69 points that is 1.520900 percent.

Teach your shihtzu (spelling) to beg?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

So it looks like Wall Street is up to new exotic attempts make money. This time? It is buying life insurance policies, repackaging them, selling them to speculators so they can bet if a person will die soon (so they make money) or live long (where they lose money).

Kind of ridiculous. What will those kids think of next?

How about a device where you pull a lever and pictures on a screen must all be the same in a row...like 3 pictures of cherries...and then you win money? Yeah...it will be a great INVESTMENT...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Crazy day over-seas without the US... :shk:

ATX 2,515.31 8:01AM ET Up 87.82 (3.62%)
FTSE 100 4,928.38 8:01AM ET Up 131.63 (2.74%)
CAC 40 3,649.38 8:02AM ET Up 50.62 (1.41%)
DAX 5,461.72 8:02AM ET Up 77.29 (1.44%)

Gold still holding on...$955.20

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Something GBM would be interested in:

finance.yahoo.com...^GSPC&t=1y&l=on&z=m&q=l&p=e10,e20,e50,e100,e200&a=&c=

Here is a chart with the S&P with all of the EMA's colored in. They are all converging at one spot and many of the lower EMA's seem to be about to cross the higher ones. Look at the 10EMA and 20EMA, they are nearly on the same line. When the lower EMAs cross, that is a bearish sign.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hmmm...marvelous...

UN Says New Currency Is Needed to Fix Broken ‘Confidence Game’
www.bloomberg.com...

Sept. 7 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar’s role in international trade should be reduced by establishing a new currency to protect emerging markets from the “confidence game” of financial speculation, the United Nations said.

UN countries should agree on the creation of a global reserve bank to issue the currency and to monitor the national exchange rates of its members, the Geneva-based UN Conference on Trade and Development said today in a report.

China, India, Brazil and Russia this year called for a replacement to the dollar as the main reserve currency after the financial crisis sparked by the collapse of the U.S. mortgage market led to the worst global recession since World War II. China, the world’s largest holder of dollar reserves, said a supranational currency such as the International Monetary Fund’s special drawing rights, or SDRs, may add stability.

“There’s a much better chance of achieving a stable pattern of exchange rates in a multilaterally-agreed framework for exchange-rate management,” Heiner Flassbeck, co-author of the report and a UNCTAD director, said in an interview from Geneva. “An initiative equivalent to Bretton Woods or the European Monetary System is needed.”

Federal Reserve imposes restrictions on 2 banks
www.usatoday.com...

OMAHA — The Federal Reserve has imposed restrictions on two correspondent banks in Nebraska and Missouri owned by Midwest Independent Bancshares of Jefferson City, Mo. because of concerns about the banks' exposure to the commercial real estate market.

The agreements released Thursday put limits on the Nebraska Bankers' Bank of Lincoln, Neb., and Midwest Independent Bank of Jefferson City, which together have about $400 million in assets.

Those banks provide banking services for roughly 550 financial institutions throughout the Midwest by helping community banks finance loans that exceed their lending limits and by lending banks money. Midwest Independent and Nebraska Bankers' banks are two of about 20 so-called "bankers' banks" nationwide.

Regulators want the banks to develop stronger credit risk standards, adopt comprehensive ethics policies, improve capital reserves and draft realistic budgets for 2009.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I only invest about $10,000 so I don't do that.

From regulation T

Minimum Equity Requirement – A pattern day trader's account must maintain a minimum equity of $25,000 at the start of any day in which day trading occurs. Pattern day-trader accounts that fall below the $25,000 minimum equity requirement will not be allowed to day trade.

The Fed recently clarified trading with unsettled funds in cash accounts. In most case it's more restrictive for customers. The T + 3 rule states that if you buy shares on Monday in a corner trade you can not sell them till Thursday.

So you see traders that have less than $25,000 of their own are not even considered savvy enough to day trade much less invest other peoples money.

We might get to work a Delta desk in Chicago but it would be with a rag and a can of Endust!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
On Tuesday it will be stander room only for the enormous Van Jones defeat inspired ''Take Back America Rally'' to Dow 10K.

Fat chance. I just had my carpet cleaned, so you need to take your rally someplace else.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Hmmm...marvelous...

UN Says New Currency Is Needed to Fix Broken ‘Confidence Game’
www.bloomberg.com...

Sept. 7 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar’s role in international trade should be reduced by establishing a new currency to protect emerging markets from the “confidence game” of financial speculation, the United Nations said.

UN countries should agree on the creation of a global reserve bank to issue the currency and to monitor the national exchange rates of its members, the Geneva-based UN Conference on Trade and Development said today in a report.

China, India, Brazil and Russia this year called for a replacement to the dollar as the main reserve currency after the financial crisis sparked by the collapse of the U.S. mortgage market led to the worst global recession since World War II. China, the world’s largest holder of dollar reserves, said a supranational currency such as the International Monetary Fund’s special drawing rights, or SDRs, may add stability.

“There’s a much better chance of achieving a stable pattern of exchange rates in a multilaterally-agreed framework for exchange-rate management,” Heiner Flassbeck, co-author of the report and a UNCTAD director, said in an interview from Geneva. “An initiative equivalent to Bretton Woods or the European Monetary System is needed.”

yooo, is this 'Amero' are they talking abut ? currency for Canada, United States and Mexico

???

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

yooo, is this 'Amero' are they talking abut ? currency for Canada, United States and Mexico

???

Oh no, it will be the new Faith Based Currency called: FIAT

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by stander

Great story. I know this will sound stupid...did you make that up?

Yes and no. When the union leaders back in the 19th century pondered the question of setting up a regular time for the workers holiday, someone pointed to the adjective of "Labor Day." When a pregnant woman is in labor, the nurses ship her to the delivery room. Since the labor contractions take place in the 9th month of pregnancy, and the 9th month in the year is September, the union leaders agreed on September as the regular time for the holiday.

But a regularity is not divinely granted thing. After 9 comes 10, but only when the devil doesn't jump into it.

There are guys who can manipulate the market to one decimal point, like Steve Cohen at Sac Capital Market or Ray Dalio at Bridgewater Associates. It was Ray I emailed to regarding this upcoming Labor Day weekend. The initial premise was to encode the last trading day before the Labor Day weekend into the Dow close. The last Friday's date was 9/4 and the market was hanging above 9k, so it wouldn't be a problem at all to make the Dow close on that day the way that the first two digits would agree with the date 9/4. Like (94)41 points, which was the Friday's close.

But Ray liked the story about the timing of Labor day -- he never heard that explanation -- and decided to go for better, more challenging fun. After 9 comes 10,

unless the devil jumps into it.

So you can see that Ray can manipulate the market at will. He's rich enough and making sh*tloads of money is no longer a challenge for him. The economy goes to hell, so why not chip in the 666? No one would notice anyway.

Today is 9.7. -- the Labor Day. What is the current unemployment number -- to invoke an oxymoron?
That's easy: 9.7%.

Ray said that he puts this coincidence into the Dow figures on Tuesday.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Stander, you are not a member, you are a writer

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by stander

Stander, you are not a member, you are a writer

Member members, Writer writes.
Lender lenders and Fighter fights.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am curious about one thing. Since I'm just a layman who sticks his nose in things he doesn't really understand, on technical level at least - I started to follow this thread since October or November 2008, when the crash happened and at that time I felt like the market was suddenly showing signs of heavy manipulation. I felt it intuitively.

By following this thread, I realized that my feeling was right. Now, I wish one of you guys and girls make a short account on what really happened to the market and what has so radically changed, since market has obviously became very independent from the nation's economic situation.

By definition, market is a place where goods are exchanged - how far is this market (Wall Street) now from this original idea?

Is American nation now totally split into two entities which don't really need to correlate closely?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah a rally tomorrow is basically assured unless some big bad news comes before tomorrow opening...and even then...

I say at least +150.

Anyway, just a little news..

42.5% of adults in California DON'T HAVE A JOB...
This is scary...

Report: China top 500 firms perform better than US

China alarmed by US money printing

Rents fall for first time in 10 years

Do we need more signs that the US empire is over? The US as an empire has a few months left unless they start WW3...or somehow are able to destroy the chinese economy without creating a war in the process so people go back to the US bonds for protection... But even then, people would flock to Europe instead.

That Russian analyst might be right after all...
If you watch history, big historical things happen in the fall.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I had made a "timeline" thread www.abovetopsecret.com... before. I stopped because it became apparent that the .gov was intent on the bailout nation game & that we are scroomed, the only question is when the scrooming will become truly painful.

Check it out

new topics

<< 512  513  514    516  517  518 >>

join