It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 422
<< 419  420  421    423  424  425 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm lost and not to market savy...

UPS 2Q Income Falls 49% (but yet, its up 1.00 or 1.9 %) today

jobless claims are higher than expected today

the djia is up 160 pts

...just confused

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hello all, the strange stranger has returned (sort of)

Sprott Comment: It's the Economy Stupid

Well laid out bare fact perspective of where we are and where we are heading

Next Week's treasury auctions:

Treasury will sell $32B 3-mo, $31B 6-mo and $6B reopened 20-yr TIPS Mon, $27B 1-yrs and $42B 2-yrs Tues, $39B 5-yrs Wed and $28B 7-yrs Thurs

that's 205 BILLION in 4 days

The Fed Slosh fund has $86B in it right now, I expect to see that drained next week as we buy our own debt, yet again

Tickerguy's count is even higher

Also from TickerGuy:

Welcome to Hell

I strongly recommend you read that full post!

Happy trading. Shorts are getting tore up today

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrainDispatcher
I'm lost and not to market savy...

UPS 2Q Income Falls 49% (but yet, its up 1.00 or 1.9 %) today

jobless claims are higher than expected today

the djia is up 160 pts

...just confused

This market is getting a little too overdone right now.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Dow tops 9,000 as home sales rise for 3rd month
finance.yahoo.com...

why is the DOW jumping up because a few homes were sold?
Compare the numbers to last year, the last few months have not seen the sales previously seen. Nothing makes sense anymore.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Occurs homes sales has gone up, those people that were waiting for bargains in towns where housing is been sold for 1 dollar, occurs you are responsible for taxes and fees.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I really don't get it. The real economy that we all have to live in sucks!!! Business is just terrible. Stores are closing left and right. Every month hundreds of thousands of people are loosing their jobs, but Wall Street is having a screaming orgasim.

I guess it was really nice to play with the tarp money we the tax payers gave them, and now they have money and we are still eating $hit.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Many people here don't understand that stocks rarely move on fundamentals. Look at Ford...it is over 7 dollars now even though they are still burning throught cash like there is no tomorrow, and is losing a lot of money, and has more common equity than they did a year ago. Yet their stock price a year ago was 8 dollars per share! Only a dollar difference. Stocks price in what they think will happen a year from now. Even if it is retarded. That is when you eventually have a crash and things overshoot to the downside and then all the pundits are telling you to short. Fact is, we may not move up like we have been, but if news still comes out better, we will still edge up. Until we just don't anymore when everyone expects things have stabilized and we crash down again. The markets make the MOST amount of people look stupid. Total bullishness is coming, but it isn't here yet...Doesn't mean we won't have some more volatility...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
OK, someone please explain this........

I was on yahoo stocks just now and amazon closed at 93.87. now hear is the creepy part, i refreshed my browser and it's showing 88.5 and falling, and reading real time?!?!?. OOOps, now at 86.00 and falling. what gives?????.

Update: now it's saying after hours, still a big drop...-7.45% drop.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by tiso_us]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Recent bank scandals have revealed what many of us have been saying all along.

The Banks who recieved funds from the Federal Government used those funds to manipulate the market.. the influx of literally hundreds of billions is actually supplementing the largest bank's balance sheets to report positive earnings.. It is, for lack of a better description, another Bubble being formed to generate wealthy for the banks. Eventually, to further profit, the banking cartels will crash the Markets once again, probably this fall or winter...

The unemployment, job losses and income devastation dictates the Real Economy will contract considerably this winter compared to years past.. meaning major corporations will post huge losses, further meaning Price to Earnings will expand to all new historic ratios..

Get in, make your money. Get out. The banks won't wait for the little guy to pack before they dump their holdings and profit from you're downfall.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

Poor Earnings

2nd

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiso_us
OK, someone please explain this........

I was on yahoo stocks just now and amazon closed at 93.87. now hear is the creepy part, i refreshed my browser and it's showing 88.5 and falling, and reading real time?!?!?. OOOps, now at 86.00 and falling. what gives?????.

Update: now it's saying after hours, still a big drop...-7.45% drop.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by tiso_us]

Microsoft's profit disappoints as sales slip 17%
Microsoft Profit Drops 29% as PC Slowdown Weighs on Revenue; Shares Slump
www.marketwatch.com...

Amex quarterly net income falls 48%
American Express Q2 net income 9c vs 56c
www.marketwatch.com...

Amazon earnings fall 10% in the second quarter
www.marketwatch.com...

:shk:

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by tiso_us

Poor Earnings

2nd

oh i don't know......last week, i was -270 bucks, now i'm +87 bucks, but tomorrow if it looks like a down turn, i'll dump it and wait it out.

like i said before, i'm a newbe and still learning, to me this is like playing the lottery and being nauseous uh...i mean cautious at the same time.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

I like Amazon, I bought shares last December for my long-term holdings, usually brought a nice dividend (ya I actually keep stocks for dividends..
) I will continue holding at least until after Christmas, as I am pretty sure their sales will pick up, and my return on the investments was actually my best buy .. ever probably. I bought 70 shares at $45, been chilling there ever since.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Stocks may be going up but the dollar is still screwed. And the FED needs another crisis to have all the power they want. This is not over by a long shot IMO.

Treasury proposes to combine bank regulators

HAHAHHAHAHA...

CIT bond advisers to push for bankruptcy: report

UK government debt: almost 9p of each £1 in tax will be needed to pay the interest

New high in unemployment; worse to come (Netherlands)

Report: Fewer Mexicans entering U.S.

In Eastern Europe, Industries That Survived Communism Now Crumbling

World Prepares to Dump the Dollar

China to deploy foreign reserves

States' budget pain eclipses last recession

US banks warn on commercial property

Credit Crunch Part Deux

And Obama is trying to revive the North American Union...and the FED is trying to take over...and the federal government is still trying to take over everything, health care and cap and trade is trying to screw us... Yeah real good situation we are in...NOT.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The UK Debt issue is the most interesting to me.. as there has been some debate between people as to how far the US can go with the debts we have. The main argument being Europe far exceeds us as % of GDP, but still going strong. Maybe not.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So there seems to be a dip tomorrow. I wonder if GS and Co. will let it drop into next week and then pop it up again? We all know this rally ain't done...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
^AORD All Ordinaries 4,109.80 Jul 23 Up 37.20 (0.91%)

^SSEC Shanghai Composite 3,375.16 Jul 23 Up 46.67 (1.40%)

^HSI Hang Seng 19,893.31 Jul 23 Up 75.61 (0.38%)

^BSESN BSE 30 15,231.04 Jul 23 0.00 (0.00%)

^JKSE Jakarta Composite 2,193.34 12:00AM ET Up 32.62 (1.51%)

^KLSE KLSE Composite 1,152.15 Jul 23 Up 3.45 (0.30%)

^N225 Nikkei 225 9,921.28 Jul 23 Up 128.34 (1.31%)

^NZ50 NZSE 50 2,957.76 11:40PM ET Up 39.13 (1.34%)

^STI Straits Times 2,517.43 12:00AM ET Up 32.53 (1.31%)

^KS11 Seoul Composite 1,503.69 Jul 23 Up 7.20 (0.48%)

^TWII Taiwan Weighted 7,016.06 Jul 23 Up 35.18 (0.50%)
------
DJIA Fair Value
9027.29 8964.0 -63.29

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Most of my friends have been predicting 9000 - 9200 on the Dow would be a resistance level going into the fall. Technically it lines up well with support levels from last year. Looks like a good open shaping up for the US markets, oil is up etc. etc. Picking market tops and bottoms is always a gamble.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
- - -
"The bottom line for the typical consumer is: Just because Wall Street is having a party doesn't mean you are going to get your job back," said Christian E. Weller, a senior fellow and economist with the Center for American Progress, a nonpartisan policy research institution.
- - -

But the people that have a horse in this race will be empowered by the gains and those are the people that really make it all go 'round, not the ones that only ask for the handouts. The average man on the street might still feel bad while the party progresses.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think this is fascinating. It is Jim Cramer telling exactly how he and other hedge funds manipulate the markets by spreading disinformation and playing with futures and wiping out other bid offers and calling investment banks to buy puts and feed the info to CNBC or bloomberg to report "there were a large amount of puts purchased, must be negative news".

top topics

<< 419  420  421    423  424  425 >>

join