It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 425
<< 422  423  424    426  427  428 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Now a look from the 30 MIN TIMESCALE

It really shows the move we have made lately.. pretty impressive

ES MINI on 30 MIN TS

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
200 EMA black

50 in blue

20 in red

in hot pink is a good level of support

5 min timescale brokedown (the wedge)

this is my favorite chart type (233 tick)

1058am

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

One terabuck, visualized

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So we have a pretty interesting formation here

Looks like we have the "cup" and "handle" in the right spot to break this downtrend

The red fatter line is where we shouldnt break if we want this to hold

cup and handle

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Now it gets fun

We usually come back and test

The target would be the "head" (about 6 points) (969-975) so 978 is the new target

chizzart

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well rarely it works out this well..

Gotta run though so hopefully it hits the target.. could be a pretty good end of day

Later

chart

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Well rarely it works out this well..

Gotta run though so hopefully it hits the target.. could be a pretty good end of day
chart

If I connect both bottom points and project, would the end meet the projection?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Only slightly bearish by a few ticks, not bad for a game of connect the dots?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by stander

Only slightly bearish by a few ticks, not bad for a game of connect the dots?

Suppose that projection point would be the one under which the curve cannot get. In that case what would be the closing point above it?

Well, the guide has to be the top point. The max was at 10:03 am when the close was at 982.43. As it turned out the end of the session point is 982.18.

We get rich, right?

No, we won't.

Why not?

Coz it won't work the next time.

Why not?

Coz everyone would get rich, and if everyone is rich, then no one is poor, and if no one is poor, then then the opposite "rich" doesn't exist, and if it doesn't exist then you can't be rich.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Well the only problem with that theory is you have to view the markets in segments of randomness..

But if you can play the slope, then thats what you do..

I have a very good auto program shorting with a standard deviation bands with upper and lower moving averages based on a 200 EMA, so 4 bands total (upper band, upper MA, lower MA, and lower band)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I haven't followed this to test the feature, but when the three main indexes show that at exactly 1 pm the figure is higher than the one at 11 am, the index closes around where the projected line that connects both time points ends at 4pm -- providing the overall monthly sentiment is bullish. Today was a classic example. Maybe I test it for reliability, but intuition tells me that even if the hypothesis turns out to be statistically significant, the practical margin of error would be too big.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

I actually think that has a lot to do with PIVOT POINTS

I know where you are coming from though..

Do you play w those?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I guess I'm what you would call a macrotrendobserver, haha. I noticed that during the last little down trend in the market you were somewhat absent from this thread. The reason that I mention it is that I had some pretty big disagreements with a guy before any of the carnage hit the Street and he pulled a disappearing act about the time it all came down. That's part of the reason I don't spend much time posting on the board anymore. When it happens, all the guys with the rose colored glasses mysteriously disappear.

So, by all means, continue on with your baseless enthusiasm. Enjoy it while it lasts. I'm sure you'll be the guy telling everyone you saw it coming, only you can't tell them why you're in the same boat they are. Just an observation based on experience nothing more, nothing less, and definitely not personal.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
CITI is almost done with their conversion. I wonder if that will be a good time to buy their stock once dilution is done....

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

It will be interesting..

I think they convert at 2.70

Could be the shortsqueeze I have been waiting for...

But Im so over waiting for that lol.. was supposed to happen for 3 months now..

Truth is, no one knows but like 3 people, and I dont think they have an ATS account lol

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

what?

I never left, in fact I called the bear flag from 8800 to 8200 then called 9000 2 weeks ago..

you must have me mistaken my friend

EDIT:

Why is it the same thing continually where I am getting called out?

I dont get it... I guess Im just not talking to you.. but you should really pay attn. better

EDIT: x2 - Baseless claims? Have you ever looked at a historical chart before?.. Im not going to bother with the rest.. I will wait for your apology.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by GreenBicMan]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

It will be interesting..

I think they convert at 2.70

Could be the shortsqueeze I have been waiting for...

But Im so over waiting for that lol.. was supposed to happen for 3 months now..

Truth is, no one knows but like 3 people, and I dont think they have an ATS account lol

Yeah that could be an easy 4 dollars once they are done (I have to find out the exact date). Though I think the markets have to correct a little since they are a little over bought now (like maybe around 300-500 points) and then another leg up. Then I will sell into that leg up and go back to forex land...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

signature
For Disclosure Purposes: I am a moron. Do not listen to anything I say. Everything I say (like fox news) does NOT necessarily have to be true. I am for entertainment purposes only.

Lighten up, Francis

I enjoy your posts, but not for the reasons you may suspect. However, you do take yourself a little too serious sometimes, as apposed to your signature..

If your going to act like you know whats coming, then be prepared for people to call you out on it...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
if you are going to call me out, be correct, dont make me go after you (not you) then

and my disclaimer is so no one follows my picks or what I say relating to the markets.. thought you would have been up on that by now

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

sorry my reply to your post here must not have went though..

i was going to say that I have been waiting for CITI for 4ever.. and b careful..

I think it will be good one day.. but I am still waiting for that supposed shortsqueeze..

it will prob be over anyways b4 you can act on it..

But I dont think we go down from here really..

Too many people expecting it now.. and the past couple days have been "bull market consolidation" it looks like to me..

There is a lot of news this week and it is really hard to tell (look at the way we handled the news on new home sales today) we killed it and still kinda just averaged out/went down...

top topics

<< 422  423  424    426  427  428 >>

join