It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 412
<< 409  410  411    413  414  415 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Allah Wakbarr my friend

Must be nice to have the world as your playground, no matter the situation.

I think though if he hasn't through other outlets been trying to load up on this lately. It would make 10000% sense to dollar cost average here and prob. make out like a bandit in 15-20 years..

Citi - beyond media scrutiny - I believe is in more countries than any other and has a spot to capitalize on the currency exchange rate plays as well... im not pumping them or anything, as financials have been in the spotlight.. but I would just pay attention to it of course

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by DaddyBare
What I'm hearing of the banking industry isn't at all good news but their stocks keep climbing????
SOmedays I just don't get the market at all...

And when you do it's likely due to the chance. They are BLUFFING each other; they play against each other.

Just wait when the bell rings . . .

Riiiiing...riiiing... www.cnbc.com...

So they carried the nice banks all the way to the bell. Maybe they genuinely like the banks.

Let me get my glasses . . .

Stocks Turn Positive on Bullish Bank Sentiment

Aha. I bet tomorrow morning we'll listen to a different tune.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I was at work and came home to stocks rallying because of something we've known for almost a month (GS earnings) and my friend Meredith Whitney upgrading banks which is nice. But anyway, my trade did work. I sold my calls (had a limit sell) but my puts are still in tact. This week is sure to be bumpy due to all the economic news coming out.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Unadulterated pumping...

Let's see....just when did she appear on CNBC?

And the markets were already smoking to the upside...

And what did she just say two months ago??

"The underlying core earnings power of these banks is negligible." "Its a crazy positive momentum based on zero fundamentals."

And some of you really think you can predict these markets??

Good Luck

[edit on 13-7-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Another case of buy on the Rumor...sell on the News...like Alcoa???

Of course all the guys standing behind BHO are all former GS exec's, so, it's not all that surprising to see they're the "go to favorite" when "pumping" :shk:

Corruption at it's finest...

I'll see what Asia & EU have to say throughout the day...

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Another case of buy on the Rumor...sell on the News...like Alcoa???

Of course all the guys standing behind BHO are all former GS exec's, so, it's not all that surprising to see they're the "go to favorite" when "pumping" :shk:

Corruption at it's finest...

I'll see what Asia & EU have to say throughout the day...

The different between AA and GS is everyone knew GS would have a great quarter due to trading revenue for almost a month now. This is no surprise. If economic news isn't good then the markets will tank again tomorrow. GS and Meredith Whitney cannot spark a sustained rally. Now, if Bank of America had record earnings due to mortgages...that could spark a rally. But GS isn't tied to the real economy like many of the other banks. I still think WFC and JPM need to go down until there is another melt up.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
We had almost perfect conditions for a rally today. Good bank news, high expectations for tomorrows GS earnings report and even the dollar index drifted lower all day adding a supporting breeze. Beginning to look over bought already, what time do the GS earnings come out tomorrow?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
We had almost perfect conditions for a rally today. Good bank news, high expectations for tomorrows GS earnings report and even the dollar index drifted lower all day adding a supporting breeze. Beginning to look over bought already, what time do the GS earnings come out tomorrow?

Probably after the bell. Something interesting though-oil barely went up (like .06%) and natural gas went down a whole 3% again today! Natural gas seems to be perpetually going down!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Lets face it the world still has an oil glut and at last inventory report its getting worse. It looked like there might be some temporary technical support around $60 a barrel but that faded as oil keeps making new lows down to the 58s.
Retail sales may be more important tomorrow morning, they are released at 8:30 AM. They are expecting a 4% increase which seems quite possible given that people are still buying basic staples as things wear out.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Testing the exact bottom once again!

Hit 3.24 - same almost exact as like 1.5 months ago...

My dad is puzzled I think I have the idea

There is a lot of skepticism right now about position limits. No big trader or big money wants to get caught in a situation holding xxxxx amt. of contracts and either be subject to public rediucle or have to unload a huge # of contracts.

Instability in the marketplace kills spec's and that is my guess as to what has been going on in comm. lately...

If anyone has a better idea than inventories as well I am all ears.. I think it has nothing to do with inventories

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Testing the exact bottom once again!

Hit 3.24 - same almost exact as like 1.5 months ago...

My dad is puzzled I think I have the idea

There is a lot of skepticism right now about position limits. No big trader or big money wants to get caught in a situation holding xxxxx amt. of contracts and either be subject to public rediucle or have to unload a huge # of contracts.

Instability in the marketplace kills spec's and that is my guess as to what has been going on in comm. lately...

If anyone has a better idea than inventories as well I am all ears.. I think it has nothing to do with inventories

Honestly...that may contribute to it, but wha also contributes to it is that oil got to be 75 dollars. There isn't a huge amount that it can move without a real and strong catalyst. The oil trade just really became too much. I do think oil will be both 30 dollars and 100 dollars within the next year though.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Oil right now creeping above 60...

Perhaps it all joins in tomorrow..

We better see dow 10,000 if we see $100 oil

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Oil right now creeping above 60...

Perhaps it all joins in tomorrow..

We better see dow 10,000 if we see $100 oil

I think we will see a very high DOW number and it will be completely retarded. With that said, I have puts on BAC now because I sold the calls. I am not feeling too great about them but they do expire in August. Though I am not bearish so holding puts on BAC of all stocks this week does not make me feel smart. I forgot to put a limit order in for them like I did for the calls and I got home from work after the markets/ I figure if there is a gap up I can buy more contracts and then sell them all if there is some downside.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I dare you to sell some SKF calls to hedge that position.

Lol, im not even sure if you can do that with SKF.. you prob can though

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Good Luck with all that Monopoly tactic...

You all KNOW yer getting played and no future good will come from it...

How can GS have record earnings when everyone is getting taken to the cleaners...

Place yer bets...and clean yer shorts fer now and get out yer clean shorts to put on later... :shk:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I dare you to sell some SKF calls to hedge that position.

Lol, im not even sure if you can do that with SKF.. you prob can though

I don't sell naked calls. If anything I would buy some puts on FAZ or SKF. But I may just sell the puts tomorrow, because, like I said, they were just a hedge on my calls I had and those are sold and made money. If there is a real huge upswing tomorrow then I will probably lose my profit. Which wouldn't be good of course. But I don't really care. It was really to test out a strategy and I don't believe in doing it with virtual money. The strategy was successful but it just had a technical malfunction.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The strategy was successful but it just had a technical malfunction.

Nice save...what will that cost you?

If volume was any lighter it would be classified as a inert gas...

:shk:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The strategy was successful but it just had a technical malfunction.

Nice save...what will that cost you?

:shk:

Hopefully nothing. I'll probably buy some VIX (volatility index) puts to hedge my BAC puts. Volatility/fear will go down if banks rise, so my BAC puts will head towards zero and my VIX will appreciate. If volatility/fear returns, then my BAC puts will increase and I will quickly pull my VIX options out. If the stock market opens flat/slightly down, I'll just sell the options for a loss like I was going to do anyway since my calls appreciated. Things will work out no worries
I would rather just sell my options rather than have to hedge and keep them in forever since I don't really want to hold puts

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Now that's exactly why I'm done with this market play...

How in the hell can I figure out what to put...what to call...what to hedge...

Have to make like 5 marks on every trade to just cover...

Dumb...the only one making anything is the broker...LoL...

Buy TD ameritrade now?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Good Luck with all that Monopoly tactic...

You all KNOW yer getting played and no future good will come from it...

How can GS have record earnings when everyone is getting taken to the cleaners...

Place yer bets...and clean yer shorts fer now and get out yer clean shorts to put on later... :shk:

Some people love the thrill of gambling, I know I did before the tech bubble collapsed....after the monkey-hammering that I received (and all of my trading partners, save one), I began to see the light...the game is fixed against you in such a manner that it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for a private investor to win over the long term... and anyone who says different is trying to sell you something...

I've seen all of this before, and there really isn't any harm in gambling with disposable income...but for those that think they have an "angle"....well, just google David X Li and his Gaussian copula function...

new topics

top topics

<< 409  410  411    413  414  415 >>

join