It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 409
<< 406  407  408    410  411  412 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I've been watching the NWO greens keeper on the overnight charts. The way they move the dollar index around is amazing. All the markets are still in the green but mowed short to single digits. It's humbling..

I'm sorry I don't understand what you are saying here.

On Tuesday GS reports their amazing earnings. But...we already know it will be amazing. So I don't know how this will bounce the stock market. I am bullish for the next few months, but there needs to be some sort of real correction to shake out the weak hands. But...there doesn't really have to be anything
In any case, there will be a big move in the next 40 days, either up or down. I'll probably do a straddle on the S&P 500 or financials.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I just took this screen shot, all the markets are still in the green but just barely.

img34.imageshack.us...

The drop in the dollar index probably saved both oil and the US markets today but then you play the Forex market so you knew that.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

...watch all markets rise till someone realizes...

. . . that there is really nothing above and nothing below.
www.blackdragonproductions.com...

Oh well. There was something above. Not much, just 4.76 points, but that counts as something.

The crystal ball must be reshaped to atomic perfection otherwise there is no point in buying Led Zep CDs.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I just took this screen shot, all the markets are still in the green but just barely.

img34.imageshack.us...

The drop in the dollar index probably saved both oil and the US markets today but then you play the Forex market so you knew that.

Yeah I did see the drop in the dollar index. I have no position in the forex markets right now. I am surprised that there is dollar strength tonight with China and France calling, yet again, for reserve currency discussion. I unfortunately cannot trade tomorrow because I have to go to work tomorrow early...
. It is already almost midnight too. I do want to straddle or strangle a few stocks though for their earnings with august options, but without being here...and I loathe limit orders.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The middle of the trading range for the US dollar is about 80.20 and the intraday peaks have been trending lower. With the dollar up this morning and oil bottoming it would be a good day to sell the dollar and buy oil. A lower dollar would help give the stock markets a boost off their bottoms.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

It was never any of green shoots to begin with my friend the Irony

but hey we got the best cheerleaders in the propaganda business in the US.

AP Source: GM emerges from bankruptcy

Can I file for bankruptcy and get my debt erase and start new? no like GM I can not after all we have laws passed under bush that make very difficult for us the regular joes to do such a thing

The Irony.

www.cnbc.com...

Good news but, let face it, are this really, really good news? or a view of what is going on with Americas consumers and their pockets that will affect also retailers.

Remember retailers forecast were not as expected.

The U.S. trade gap narrowed unexpectedly to $26 billion in May to the lowest reading since November 1999 as exports rose despite weak global demand and imports shrank, government data on Friday showed.

While this news seems "good" the truth is that Americans are not buying as they used too, still exports are as good as our trading partners allow to accumulate surplus because demand of their goods by the greatest consumer of the world is slowing.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

there are some small businesses making a ton of cash right now... the dollar stores are raking it in and second hand/thrift stores are popping everywhere!

PS: after yesterdays report of the FDIC refusing more money to CIT today there is a flood of sell orders for them

10:39 New York Currency: USD

Price
1.400 Change
% Change
Bid
Ask
Open
Volume
High
Low
52-Week High (09/19/08)
52-Week Low (07/10/09)
1-Yr Return
-80.227%

Might just see it reach penny stock status by end of trading

[edit on 10-7-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Darn, I forgot about those stores, that is because while I agree that they are booming in this recession along with thrift shops and second hand stores, I admit that I don't shop in their stores.

Because right now I am saving a bundle in our local mall on stores like Macy's, JcPenny and other, their sales are over the roof!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 10-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
More news, AIG to resume more bonuses give away this month.

The irony.

American International Group is preparing to pay next week millions of dollars more in bonuses to dozens of corporate executives, a source familiar with the development said.

AIG [AIG 9.8295 0.3495 (+3.69%) ] has been talking with Washington's newly-appointed compensation czar Kenneth Feinberg about the bonuses, which are due to be paid on July 15, said the source.

The company is reviewing its compensation plans with Washington as it tries to avoid the national furor set off by $165 million in retention bonuses paid to employees of a financial products unit in March.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

there's been talk of breaking up AIG into smaller parts... undoubtedly the fat cats know its only a matter of time so the money grab is on now while the still have access to TARP funds... stands in line hands out... I did nothing to help the company last quarter that should be worth at least 10 Mil right?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

While this news seems "good" the truth is that Americans are not buying as they used too, still exports are as good as our trading partners allow to accumulate surplus because demand of their goods by the greatest consumer of the world is slowing.

Indeed it's actually not good news at all.

1. It, as you said, shows consumerism is in decline.. this means retailers especially are probably feeling the weight of this data. Seeing as exports only rose slightly, and imports contracted, and industrial output here in the States has not risen drastically, we can only assume Americans are not "Buying American" .. they aren't buying at all.

2. The increase in exports with a strong Dollar relative to World Currencies will actually damage the profits of some major corporations. When exporting, a weak dollar is ideal for profits, while importing a strong Dollar is ideal. High exports with a strong Dollar = not so good news.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hopefully the markets begin moving rather than just staying flat. Now I have money vested in it. I am betting there will be a big move either up or down in Bank of America's stock before august or my options expire worthless
I would have done July but too risky for me.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

That sounds like a good investment plan. I've never seen the conditions look so neutral as they did at the end of the day today.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

That sounds like a good investment plan. I've never seen the conditions look so neutral as they did at the end of the day today.

I am thinking it will be since I think it would be amazing for BAC to just stay where it is and not move even during earnings (which is actually next week) and Q2 stuff. Just seems almost impossible, but you cannot say anything will happen for sure... The bad news is these flat days consistently make the options cheaper due to time decay and volatility leaving the price.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Oil and the stock markets are reaching support areas so the markets could just move sideways for a couple weeks. All the options, puts and calls waste over time especially leveraged derivative based funds. You can't just wait till the volatility occurs before you take a position or its too late to make a profit.

Looking at the weekly chart of the Dow it looks like a nice orderly decline so far. I think the Dow will build up some tension if they fight over support at 8000. Could take another week to drift down to that level a few points at a time. A single stock like BAC should have more volatility then an index though.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I said to my dad time was to buy this afternoon at 1 oclock.

My dad says it will be time to buy middle of next week.

I think I am right, we couldnt break that head and shoulders and too many public people were all over that. Everyone knows what happens when the public thinks they know something.

Time to reverse IMO.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
I said to my dad time was to buy this afternoon at 1 oclock.

My dad says it will be time to buy middle of next week.

I think I am right, we couldnt break that head and shoulders and too many public people were all over that. Everyone knows what happens when the public thinks they know something.

Time to reverse IMO.

Yeah I just can't see the markets moving side ways through bank earnings and other earnings as well as other reports for July stuff (at the beginning of August). I mean, it is okay to just buy now or short now and have stops if the trades go bad, because at least your trade doesn't go down 100% by a certain time. But that is the problem with options, but you get so much more profit

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

yeah, no doubt, something is going to happen..

I just dont think its going to be on the (-).. too many people squawking about the H&S and technical levels that are now public knowledge.

You could bat 1.000 in your lifetime by just fading public opinion/CNBC

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Oil and the stock markets are reaching support areas so the markets could just move sideways for a couple weeks. All the options, puts and calls waste over time especially leveraged derivative based funds. You can't just wait till the volatility occurs before you take a position or its too late to make a profit.

Looking at the weekly chart of the Dow it looks like a nice orderly decline so far. I think the Dow will build up some tension if they fight over support at 8000. Could take another week to drift down to that level a few points at a time. A single stock like BAC should have more volatility then an index though.

Honestly I really just need BAC to move 16% either direction for my options to be in the money. Really, my strategy is to make enough money on either the calls or puts in order to make up for the loss on the opposite trade as well as make a profit...so if BAC rallied 30%, my call options will have gone up at least 500%, while my puts would have decreased by at least 90%. So I would have made 410% of the money I put in. But financials have not been very volatile as of late, and have had low volume. Back in the old days a 30% move in BAC would have been easy, but now...often times you see stocks that are basically forgotten get a lot of interest all of a sudden. Also, there isn't a huge % short interest in financials right now so the earnings won't cause such a short squeeze as we saw last time (then again BAC is up 400% from the march low, that was more than just short covering). I don't know, it will be an interesting trade, a trade I am sure I will make money on. Any big move though, I will sell the contracts.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Well, you wont nec. need BAC to have + - earnings..

I think WFC will be showing its weakness soon, and I think CITI surprises many... those 2 alone should send the banking sector into a "jig"

IMO a real cheap lottery ticket is Citi - too many naysayers and I have been hearing rumors about how good their auto trading programming is

new topics

top topics

<< 406  407  408    410  411  412 >>

join