It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 408
<< 405  406  407    409  410  411 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
recovery? what recovery?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c3e0c561dcc.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ea50150479e.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/568ae8767702.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cbc18b0c4a9.gif[/atsimg]

read more:
What Recovery? The Dearth of Consumers and Jobs

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Kohn, he's a crazy fella aint he?

Wow, whoever is buying this stuff needs to be immediately fired. That is crazy, what's even better is that it is a model around the world? The only country giving praise to the Fed, as far as I can recall, is Zimbabwe.

That is a great recommendation.

I wonder if there is anyway we can get our hands on that trading algorithm.

We would have all the power we needed then. It isn't like they admitted that the program can manipulate the markets, and they posted a 25 billion profit off of 10 billion?

Uhh, why isn't the FBI investigating them? They're all crooks.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

and they posted a 25 billion profit off of 10 billion?

Well, technically speaking, to be fair to GS, they didn't directly use the money to invest. Instead they used the $10b to make "new loans" and used a few billion somewhere else to make that astounding profit.

I know.. same thing. Ultimately it tells me they never needed the $10b so why did they get it? Oh that's right, seeing as so many GS are behind the Gov, if the Gov controlled GS it would be like GS controlling GS?

And what's the Government care.. the huge manipulation has caused a surge in expectations that the economy is recovering! Win win for all parties involved. Um, well except me and you. And every other self respecting American..

PS. Quick google search for automated trading programs listed several promising sites that look to sell the real deal. They even have pics of guys standing in front of mansions and luxury cars.. must be true.. think i'll sign up.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
AA, even though up 6% AH, can easily end down tomorrow with the rest of the market. AA did better than expected due to cost cutting, not economic growth. I have seen so many stocks up huge AH and end up down the next day after earnings. I wouldn't be fooled...Especially if the initial claims are worse. Which, one of the reasons AA came above expectations, is because of job cuts
Again, this doesn't mean I am totally bearish on the markets, and I did sell my dollar holding and opened a temp. position for the euro vs. dollar. But that doesn't mean on the NYSE things will rally by the end of the day. But who knows.

Wow -2.11% after being up 6% today. I knew something like this would happen, selling on the news occurs so many times with earnings, unless the earnings are bad and the stock has been beaten down because of it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Something a little fun to read on how markets have turned down in middle of July over the years:

1982: DJIA having started to turn sharply lower had a short-term bounce which peaked at 843.80 on 21st July. (Missing the magic date by 4 days) But by 09 August it was nearly 9% lower
1987: DJIA was in a solid bull market, which peaked at a new high of 2,520 on 17th July. By 21st July it was 2.7% lower and while it then rallied strongly we of course ended up with a stock market crash in October.
1990: DJIA was in a solid bull market, which peaked at 3,011 on 17th July. By 23rd July it was 5.25% lower and by mid October it was 20% lower.
1998: DJIA was in a solid bull market, which peaked at 9,413 on 17th July. By 28th July it was 6.6% lower and by mid September it was over 20% lower.
2001: DJIA hit a corrective high of 10,758 on 19th July (again a small miss of the magic date). By 25th July it was 5.5% lower and by the 21 September it was over 26% lower.
2002: DJIA hit a corrective high of 8,765 on 17th July. By 24th July it was 13% lower and by October lower still at the base of the bear market.
2007: DJIA hit a trend high of 14,022 on 17th July. By 01 August it was 6.3% lower and by mid August nearly 11% lower
2008: DJIA had started to move lower but began a bounce on15th July. On 23rd July it had a quick 3 day fall of just under 5% It then rallied again into 11th August but we of course ended up with a stock market crash in October/November in a development eerily similar to 1987.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Goldman Sachs Trading Revenue May Beat Record, Moszkowski Says

THEY NEED TO DIE.

Those bastards have softwares that rig the markets, inside information everyday, unlimited money from the FED...

THEY ARE THE MAFIA of the US economy.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Thanks Warrenb for the lovely charts the shadow economics at its best.

We can tell who the losers are and why nobody gives a crap.

Oh, lord let me relax again, my blood pressure is going up.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I been wanting to said the same thing but now that you mention GS needs to die I say they need to burn, but you know this crocks they been around for long that what they do is just start all over again under another name.

You know too big to die

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What a simply marvelous save for today's markets...

3-5 pt to the upside on all 3...

Hmmm...wonder if they're running out of steam...that treasury sale must of used most of their BB's...(formally bazooka shells)...

Seems like it used to be a bigger PPT rally into the close... :shk:

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Hell yea, sign me up too!

I think we should get the GS program and give it to the people on here that know the markets. Then we can all coordinate and watch the market go up and down. Make peoples heads spin.

I wouldn't want to be within 100 feet of the thing though, talk about one hot item right now.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Hell yea, sign me up too!

I think we should get the GS program and give it to the people on here that know the markets. Then we can all coordinate and watch the market go up and down. Make peoples heads spin.

I wouldn't want to be within 100 feet of the thing though, talk about one hot item right now.

We would also need a few billion dollars...does anyone have that?

But yeah we could definitely work something out. It would be fun.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The market needs to go down before I really begin buying. Nothing really corrected that much to be honest. Especially those financials. Makes me nervous to buy right now...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The yield for those treasuries went up a little to 4.29% but that is down from about 4.75% in June and lower than I expected.

Oil was up 39 cents on the day, first positive close since June. Technically we are at the bottom of the trading range for stocks. FAS the triple Bull Dow ETF was up 3.57 percent on the day?

Edit: Ahh that explains it GS is in there!

FAS is not not just a bank ETF as it tracks the Russell 1000 Financial Services Index. While it aims to diversify to all financial firms in that index with more than 200 components last year, it looks like the four top dogs of JP MORGAN CHASE & CO. (NYSE: JPM), BANK OF AMERICA CORP. (NYSE: BAC), GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP (NYSE: GS), and WELLS FARGO & CO (NYSE: WFC) may now more than 20% of the weighting.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The yield for those treasuries went up a little to 4.29% but that is down from about 4.75% in June and lower than I expected.

Oil was up 39 cents on the day, first positive close since June. Technically we are at the bottom of the trading range for stocks. FAS the triple Bull Dow ETF was up 3.57 percent on the day?

FAS is the triple bull financial index, not DOW.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
June auto sales in China jump 36.5% from June last year to 1.14 million vehicles for the month.

online.wsj.com...

Now why aren't the shoots so green in our back yard?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
June auto sales in China jump 36.5% from June last year to 1.14 million vehicles for the month.

online.wsj.com...

Now why aren't the shoots so green in our back yard?

This is supposedly the reason for a pretty nice rally in metal stocks today such as US steel as well as coal stocks and other beat up resource names.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Now Y'all know that the run up on commodity's is China using their dollars to their best advantage while they're still relatively valuable right?

I believe it's called back door hoarding while the getting is good?

See where they were trying to get a 45% cut from Au resources...and then grab Rio Tinto Exec's...right...

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm scared to see what happens if the China illusion is shown to be what it truly is while the markets are still very fragile. They have their own bubbles that will pop, eventually, like their real estate bubble. I don't know if that will happen anytime soon as they do have a lot of people, so they can still continue to build a lot of houses considering there is a lot of pent up demand there. But if something goes wrong with China...watch out. But we have to think that the illusion will have to take a while to show itself if the CCP can still control things.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Looks like "Green Shoots" is offically dead at least in the eyes of the FDIC

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. is unwilling to give CIT Group Inc. access to its Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program because the commercial lender’s credit quality is deteriorating, according to people familiar with the regulator’s thinking.

The FDIC, which has backed $274 billion in bond sales under the TLGP since Nov. 25, is concerned that guaranteeing CIT debt would put taxpayer money at risk, said the people, who declined to be identified because the application process is private.

The federal agency is continuing talks with CIT about how the lender can strengthen its financial position to get approval, such as by raising capital, said one of the people. CIT’s measures to improve its credit quality, such as by transferring assets to its bank, have been insufficient, the person said.

CIT, the century-old lender to 950,000 businesses, became a bank in December to qualify for a government bailout and received $2.33 billion in funds from the U.S. Treasury. The New York-based lender has reported more than $3 billion of losses in the last eight quarters, faces $10 billion of maturing debt through 2010 and hasn’t had access to the corporate bond market in more than a year, according to data compiled by Bloomberg
Source

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

I've been watching the NWO greens keeper on the overnight charts. The way they move the dollar index around is amazing. All the markets are still in the green but mowed short to single digits. It's humbling..

new topics

top topics

<< 405  406  407    409  410  411 >>

join