It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Have you read about proposed changes to M2M?

You mean that the FASB will issue new guidance about MTM application and not change the regulation. Yeah I am well aware

Early April is the target timeframe - still a few weeks out

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'd like some kool-aid please nice and warm

Gawd can't people understand loss? If ya loose it and don't get it back it is stil a LOSS.
Good evening by the way hows biz looks like the usual so far. Nice to see you guys haven't bugged out.....

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Its positive b/c it beat estimates

Man you really need to find something other than Koolaid!!!!

It is less down than the estimates, but it's still down - so that's a good thing

That's like saying - I got robbed, but they dropped a $5 on the ground getting away with my losses, so being robbed wasn't a bad thing in the end, I still have $5

WAKE UP

Wow dude, I dont need to wake up, you need to chill out

You need to realize when you beat estimates its looked at POSITIVELY.

Thats my only point, but you keep running around this and bringing in the whole issues of the world

And in your example of getting robbed, you hadnt planned to get robbed in the first place (we expected to lose) so thats total garbage,

You sound like you have 100000 shares short in the market right now and just harboring fear.. please try to debate me on this..

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Have you read about proposed changes to M2M?

You mean that the FASB will issue new guidance about MTM application and not change the regulation. Yeah I am well aware

Early April is the target timeframe - still a few weeks out

Lets see what happens

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

and a slightly less loss is still a loss, it is not a gain. You need to quite buying into the spin.

Down is not up, no matter how you spin it, but because the talking heads say Oh it was Good - it was less down than expected - does not make the sales report a good thing. Sorry - I don't buy the BS and you shouldn't either, but it's your choice to if you want.

I have provided actual numbers and logic in the debate that is already happening between us, you have provided OPINION.

Opinion does not a debate win

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

and a slightly less loss is still a loss, it is not a gain. You need to quite buying into the spin.

Down is not up, no matter how you spin it, but because the talking heads say Oh it was Good - it was less down than expected - does not make the sales report a good thing. Sorry - I don't buy the BS and you shouldn't either, but it's your choice to if you want.

I have provided actual numbers and logic in the debate that is already happening between us, you have provided OPINION.

Opinion does not a debate win

Wow, really...

Ok YES OR NO ANSWER

When you beat estimates, this is looked upon positively??

There are only two answers, its not tough

[edit on 15-3-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

While the SEC and FASB have said they don't support suspending the rule, both have agreed guidance on the rules are warranted and FASB is currently in the process of drafting it.
A harbinger of things to come?

S&P 500 -5.20 749.40 3/16 0:38am
Fair Value 753.29 3/14 9:45am
Difference* -3.89

NASDAQ -5.50 1162.50 3/15 10:32pm
Fair Value 1169.50 3/14 9:45am
Difference* -7.00

Dow Jones -46.00 7133.00 3/16 0:15am

[edit on 3/16/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

While the SEC and FASB have said they don't support suspending the rule, both have agreed guidance on the rules are warranted and FASB is currently in the process of drafting it.
A harginger of things to come?

S&P 500 -5.20 749.40 3/16 0:38am
Fair Value 753.29 3/14 9:45am
Difference* -3.89

NASDAQ -5.50 1162.50 3/15 10:32pm
Fair Value 1169.50 3/14 9:45am
Difference* -7.00

Dow Jones -46.00 7133.00 3/16 0:15am

The govt. says they will invoke this if they dont.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Wow, really...

Ok YES OR NO ANSWER

Not true that there are only 2 answers. The numbers doctoring involved makes it necessary to know what to look for and do the research. Just like in the retail sales, the estimates were a higher low than the actual low, but overall it was still low - bad is bad no matter what in that case.

Plus the sales are "seasonally adjusted" and include gasoline - which rose in price from Jan to Feb.

If you took gasoline out of the equation, our retail sales numbers were probably even lower than the reported numbers - even worse than the estimate. Plus January gives a strange "double dip" in sales reports because people are using the gift cards purchased in the prior year (and also counted as sales then too). Feb is Tax returns so the fact that we were still at a low, even when people had a bolus of new money to spend (tax return) is really a very bad thing. Many folks that have refinanced their homes skipped a monthly payment, again more available money, but still a decline in retail sales

Again, it is the spin that I see YOU are buying into, whereas I do not buy the spin I do the research.

The state of Georgia alone reported sales tax revenue down 24% for February. I assume Georgia is a fairly typical state. They don't tax groceries in Georgia either.

Unemployment numbers are hovering at a weekly new claims of about 600,000 level.

So if you can find a continuing decline no matter how it's spun to be a positive thing - go right ahead - those rose-colored glasses look real good on you - just don't try and convince those of us who know better that your opinion is the ONLY correct one - we don't drink that koolaid

[edit on 3/16/09 by redhatty]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Here ya go....

IT IS ALL OVER! BUY! BUY! BUY!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This guys right on track with ya...maybe you can talk Fin Bull x3 trades!!!

Seoul Composite 1,122.32 12:51AM ET -3.71 (-0.33%)
Straits Times 1,557.46 12:56AM ET -20.06 (-1.27%)
BSE 30 8,753.36 1:01AM ET -3.25 (-0.04%)
Shanghai Composite 2,119.659 Mar 15 -9.189 (-0.43%)

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Here ya go....

Oddly enough, I rather talk to you *Kisses*

But seriously guys, if you really think USA is going to crash soon raise your hands? OK HANDS DOWN!! Lol

If you dont think USA is going to crash (is it just me) Citi and BAC and FAS are winner winner chicken dinner

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Wow, really...

Ok YES OR NO ANSWER

Not true that there are only 2 answers. The numbers doctoring involved makes it necessary to know what to look for and do the research. Just like in the retail sales, the estimates were a higher low than the actual low, but overall it was still low - bad is bad no matter what in that case.

Plus the sales are "seasonally adjusted" and include gasoline - which rose in price from Jan to Feb.

If you took gasoline out of the equation, our retail sales numbers were probably even lower than the reported numbers - even worse than the estimate. Plus January gives a strange "double dip" in sales reports because people are using the gift cards purchased in the prior year (and also counted as sales then too). Feb is Tax returns so the fact that we were still at a low, even when people had a bolus of new money to spend (tax return) is really a very bad thing. Many folks that have refinanced their homes skipped a monthly payment, again more available money, but still a decline in retail sales

Again, it is the spin that I see YOU are buying into, whereas I do not buy the spin I do the research.

The state of Georgia alone reported sales tax revenue down 24% for February. I assume Georgia is a fairly typical state. They don't tax groceries in Georgia either.

Unemployment numbers are hovering at a weekly new claims of about 600,000 level.

So if you can find a continuing decline no matter how it's spun to be a positive thing - go right ahead - those rose-colored glasses look real good on you - just don't try and convince those of us who know better that your opinion is the ONLY correct one - we don't drink that koolaid

[edit on 3/16/09 by redhatty]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH you just keep running around this answer dont you redfatty..

Just admit when you are wrong, take your lumps, and lets start another relevant conversation

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Here ya go....

Oddly enough, I rather talk to you *Kisses*

But seriously guys, if you really think USA is going to crash soon raise your hands? OK HANDS DOWN!! Lol

If you dont think USA is going to crash (is it just me) Citi and BAC and FAS are winner winner chicken dinner

I think it's just you. Good Luck. Thanks again HX, red, XOstacy, stander, marg, tentickles, and everyone else I left out.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Okay - we already realize that you are a cheerleader for Citi BAC and FAS - goodie for you.

Now how about offering something substantial to the thread instead of your endless C BAC & FAS cheerleading.

You have pumped your personal trade preferences for 4 + pages now - we get the picture - so other than filling endless posts with your personal opinions on stuff we are not even talking about (for the most part) try to get with the program and offer something substantial to the thread instead of just wasting bandwidth.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Another thing guys/MODS

Why does everyone get to ridicule me even though I produce good information, they all tell me im drinking cool aid etc.. nothing is done about it.. and with my previous screename I said "some of you" are delusional and my post gets erased (mind you it also had relevant information to the conversation)

Sounds like this whole thread is pandering to the path of destruction for the USA.. pretty sad people

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Okay - we already realize that you are a cheerleader for Citi BAC and FAS - goodie for you.

Now how about offering something substantial to the thread instead of your endless C BAC & FAS cheerleading.

You have pumped your personal trade preferences for 4 + pages now - we get the picture - so other than filling endless posts with your personal opinions on stuff we are not even talking about (for the most part) try to get with the program and offer something substantial to the thread instead of just wasting bandwidth.

Ill take that as an apology from you Redhatty!

Apology accepted.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH you just keep running around this answer dont you redfatty..

Just admit when you are wrong, take your lumps, and lets start another relevant conversation

Now you are devolving into ad-hominem attacks and strawmen

You haven't proven me wrong and I did not run around an answer at all I explained precisely why there is no real "yes or no" answer to your question

Now offer something to prove me wrong or something of substance and quit your juvenile rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Here's a nice view on it...

Conspicuous Correlation: Retail Sales February 2009
paper-money.blogspot.com...

:snip:

One problem with this initial analysis is that both retail sales and the S&P/Case-Shiller Composite index are reported in “nominal” (i.e. non-inflation adjusted) terms and thus result in a somewhat skewed view especially for the retail sales data.

1.bp.blogspot.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

As you can see from the above charts (click for larger version), adjusted for inflation (CPI for retail sales, CPI “less shelter” for S&P/Case-Shiller Composite) the “rough correlation” between the year-over-year change to the “discretionary” retail sales series and the year-over-year S&P/Case-Shiller Composite series seems now even more significant.
Hows this fer charts?

Edit: larger charts...

[edit on 3/16/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Ill take that as an apology from you Redhatty!

Apology accepted.

You are utterly delusional if you think that was in any way an apology

But ignorance, they say, is bliss.

You must be orgasmic

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The most regular contributors to this thread have been quoting market "FACTS" as reported by various tickers. They do not share their personal financial information as to not cloud judgment. If you are saying that they are biased because of what the ticker says than I would ask how. You are clearly trying to convince everyone to buy, buy , buy. There are threads on this site which you may find more hospitable. Also calling major contributors to this thread for hundreds of pages 'Redfatty" when you are a relative newcomer does not boed well for you.

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join