It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Okay - we already realize that you are a cheerleader for Citi BAC and FAS - goodie for you.

Now how about offering something substantial to the thread instead of your endless C BAC & FAS cheerleading.

You have pumped your personal trade preferences for 4 + pages now - we get the picture - so other than filling endless posts with your personal opinions on stuff we are not even talking about (for the most part) try to get with the program and offer something substantial to the thread instead of just wasting bandwidth.

Really, cause I could prob. go back through this thread and identify many posts from you that are totally pointless from my perspective as well....

Whats your deal anyways?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Really, cause I could prob. go back through this thread and identify many posts from you that are totally pointless from my perspective as well....

Whats your deal anyways?

You're on - be my guest and show me those posts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND NOW: Back to our regularly scheduled programming

DOLLAR CRISIS IN THE MAKING
A rather lengthy article... short bit posted here

Increasingly ominous clouds are gathering in what could soon be the perfect storm against the United States dollar and against the present dollar-centric global financial order.

This is not shaping up to be a storm that anyone is trying to initiate, not even those who are actively driving for a new global financial order that is no longer centered on the dollar. Instead, it will result from a correlation of forces arising out of the deepening global financial and economic crises, coupled with recurring and conspicuous miscalculation on the part of some of the world's political, financial and economic leaders.

The storm has the potential to cause upheaval on a grand scale, opening the door to swift, and largely uncontrolled, fundamental transformation.

As is widely recognized, the present financial order that is inordinately reliant on the US dollar must some day give way to a new order that is more balanced, stable, resilient and reliable, one that is based on multiple currencies and that therefore won't be plagued by the extremely dangerous structural drawback of an increasingly worrisome elemental single point of failure (the dollar).

But if the current dollar-centric financial order should become more seriously shaken than it already has been, perhaps even suffering a collapse, as a casualty of the present deepening global crisis, then the transition to any new global financial order is most likely to be disorderly, disruptive and unmanageable rather than gradual and orderly.

[edit on 3/16/09 by redhatty]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Yeah I pushed em and his great buys where some micro penny stocks .teehehh
was fun while it lasted

Any news about anyone sticking more bankers/traders in the pokie?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by elston

The most regular contributors to this thread have been quoting market "FACTS" as reported by various tickers. They do not share their personal financial information as to not cloud judgment. If you are saying that they are biased because of what the ticker says than I would ask how. You are clearly trying to convince everyone to buy, buy , buy. There are threads on this site which you may find more hospitable. Also calling major contributors to this thread for hundreds of pages 'Redfatty" when you are a relative newcomer does not boed well for you.

Why is everyone so mad when someone goes against the grain on this thread...

You might as well call this the "Fear Mongering Thread 2009 Edition"

Seriously people, there will be sunlight at the end of this tunnel..as previously stated whoever thinks this market is going to 0 are in the same spectrum as someone coming on here and saying dow is going to 450,000 by december

All I have stated from the positive side is I see dow short term at 7500 maybe 8000 if it breaks on high volume, that is all

I am also here as I stated to point out misinformation (which I already have)

And actually redhat never answered my question.

When you beat estimates, is that looked upon positively.

The reason he cant answer that is because he has to put the "whole economy" into a post long conjecture trying to debate a simple yes or no question.

And the only thing most people do in this thread is just post internet links.......

[edit on 16-3-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Stacey - nothing over the weekend that I am aware of
Love to see the perp walks myself

U.S. to Toughen Finance Rules

The Obama administration, moving with increasing speed, has inked the main contours of its plan to revamp financial-market oversight -- changes that will ripple through the economy, affecting everything from the operations of international banks to consumer protection.

The principles include giving the Federal Reserve new powers that include authority to monitor and address broad risks across the economy, say people familiar with the matter. The proposals are expected to include tougher capital requirements for big banks and authority for regulators to take over a large financial firm that is failing.

Whoooo HOOOO!!! More power to the FED because Turbo Timmy is in WAY over his head!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

If the thread is that much of a thorn in your side LEAVE and let us" fear mongering fools" finish on our own without having the thread pasted with miles of "debate" from you.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The most regular contributors to this thread have been quoting market "FACTS" as reported by various tickers. They do not share their personal financial information as to not cloud judgment. If you are saying that they are biased because of what the ticker says than I would ask how. You are clearly trying to convince everyone to buy, buy , buy. There are threads on this site which you may find more hospitable. Also calling major contributors to this thread for hundreds of pages 'Redfatty" when you are a relative newcomer does not boed well for you.

Seriously people, there will be sunlight at the end of this tunnel..as previously stated whoever thinks this market is going to 0 are in the same spectrum as someone coming on here and saying dow is going to 450,000 by december

All I have stated from the positive side is I see dow short term at 7500 maybe 8000 if it breaks on high volume, that is all

When you beat earnings estimates, is that looked upon positively.

The reason he cant answer that is because he has to put the "whole economy" into a post long conjecture trying to debate a simple yes or no question.

And the only thing most people do in this thread is just post internet links.......

Another post with NO FACTS. "I see the DOW at" No one cares what you think. You're not running the show. Another thread here says that they see the world ending tomorrow. I appreciate this thread for market reporting relevance not "I think". I have chosen to take a back seat here and learn from those who have relevant experience with facts about the market. How many of your posts have provided facts?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH you just keep running around this answer dont you redfatty..

Just admit when you are wrong, take your lumps, and lets start another relevant conversation

Now you are devolving into ad-hominem attacks and strawmen

You haven't proven me wrong and I did not run around an answer at all I explained precisely why there is no real "yes or no" answer to your question

Now offer something to prove me wrong or something of substance and quit your juvenile rhetoric.

I apologize for redfatty - that was out of line, but so easy

And for my proof? Take a look at the all time chart for the Dow and tell me you dont see an all time uptrend from the beginning till now

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

That article has a silver lining, No global currency will be able to survive. Bad thing is we are looking at a Wiemar(sp?) hyper-inflation.

Actually I see more silver lining in it. It will force us to radically restructure the way we do business. Bad news is that which way are they going to restructure it. History does not bode well in that aspect. American history does though so we will see.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Another post with NO FACTS. "I see the DOW at" No one cares what you think. You're not running the show. Another thread here says that they see the world ending tomorrow. I appreciate this thread for market reporting relevance not "I think". I have chosen to take a back seat here and learn from those who have relevant experience with facts about the market. How many of your posts have provided facts?

Quite a few.

But that really depends what you are willing to believe I guess..

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

aww man was out at the ranch testing newer MUCH smaller gun...
my arms still aren't up to strength so had to get a 38 short. Was hoping to see some good news about it when I got back. That kind of thing gets people thinking they may actually have a snowballs chance ya know.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

And these are TRENDS based on CHARTING

Thats all Ive said from the beginning brother.. IMO its a great indicator and I can make 1000 charts and post them all here backing this up if you would like me to.. but they wouldnt get any attention anyways just like the others havent

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Here's a nice view on it...

Conspicuous Correlation: Retail Sales February 2009
paper-money.blogspot.com...

:snip:

One problem with this initial analysis is that both retail sales and the S&P/Case-Shiller Composite index are reported in “nominal” (i.e. non-inflation adjusted) terms and thus result in a somewhat skewed view especially for the retail sales data.

1.bp.blogspot.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

As you can see from the above charts (click for larger version), adjusted for inflation (CPI for retail sales, CPI “less shelter” for S&P/Case-Shiller Composite) the “rough correlation” between the year-over-year change to the “discretionary” retail sales series and the year-over-year S&P/Case-Shiller Composite series seems now even more significant.
Hows this fer charts?

Edit: larger charts...

[edit on 3/16/2009 by Hx3_1963]

That is a view HX3.

I am open to all views.

As I stated, i am not interested in any other analysis but my own, but will explore it.

There are charts stating the opposite will happen, which is why this is all such a gamble in the first place..

But I am guessing most traders for the short term (as I am) wouldnt be interested in this

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Going against the grain is fine, but show us something of substance to back up your position. The 10 charts you posted pages back were not "substance." Opinion is fine when responding to a news article, but not when it is just to support your opinion of yourself.

And then show us something substantial to back up your belief that there is an end to the tunnel.

You are only 25, you have plenty of time in life to ride this out, and that is a good thing - for you.

But what about people who are right now, within a year or 2 of retirement, who have watched their 401K turn into a 101K Who are trying to figure out how they need to react and plan?

They don't have another 50 yrs to ride this economic storm out like you do.

And then again.... What if you are wrong?

What if, this economic storm of global proportions ends up being the stimulus that actually does bring down the USA?

Some people also would like to be aware and plan a strategy IN CASE that is the ultimate outcome.

It's not impossible, look at history - many huge powers have fallen in the past, and there is a chance we will end up on that list. Just as much as there is a chance that we won't.

Where? when? what "proof" did you provide to show that misinformation was on this thread?

Remember Opinion is not proof

And actually redhatty never answered my question.

And you again show that you really do not understand how it all really works. Retail sales reports are part of a "whole economy" picture. When the report is doctored to show the numbers in the best possible light - it is not something you can use as a real indicator - just like how they doctor unemployment numbers.

I would also bet that most people reading this thread disagree with you about whether or not your question was answered

And the only thing most people do in this thread is just post internet links

Of News affecting our economy and markets and they usually have a bit of personal commentary about the article.

But I guess you don't understand how ATS works yet.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Going against the grain is fine, but show us something of substance to back up your position. The 10 charts you posted pages back were not "substance." Opinion is fine when responding to a news article, but not when it is just to support your opinion of yourself.

And then show us something substantial to back up your belief that there is an end to the tunnel.

You are only 25, you have plenty of time in life to ride this out, and that is a good thing - for you.

But what about people who are right now, within a year or 2 of retirement, who have watched their 401K turn into a 101K Who are trying to figure out how they need to react and plan?

They don't have another 50 yrs to ride this economic storm out like you do.

And then again.... What if you are wrong?

What if, this economic storm of global proportions ends up being the stimulus that actually does bring down the USA?

Some people also would like to be aware and plan a strategy IN CASE that is the ultimate outcome.

It's not impossible, look at history - many huge powers have fallen in the past, and there is a chance we will end up on that list. Just as much as there is a chance that we won't.

Where? when? what "proof" did you provide to show that misinformation was on this thread?

Remember Opinion is not proof

And actually redhatty never answered my question.

And you again show that you really do not understand how it all really works. Retail sales reports are part of a "whole economy" picture. When the report is doctored to show the numbers in the best possible light - it is not something you can use as a real indicator - just like how they doctor unemployment numbers.

I would also bet that most people reading this thread disagree with you about whether or not your question was answered

And the only thing most people do in this thread is just post internet links

Of News affecting our economy and markets and they usually have a bit of personal commentary about the article.

But I guess you don't understand how ATS works yet.

I have found misinformation, please go back and check posts.

As well with my deleted post, I was talking about the .VIX...

Mods if you would like to show that information I would be pleased and what I was replying to.

As for the people with money on the line now that need it liquid...

Sorry, should have invested with a CFP that diversifies you in bonds as well as other securities, its a gamble, why dont people understand this more?

Edit: Equities are such a huge risk holding long-term is what we are finding out from all this, THAT WE CAN ALL AGREE ON I BELIEVE????

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm going somewhere else for now tired of listening to this insistent ranting from him
See you guys in a bit...xoxo

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I know of many people who have mulitple CFPs and have lost a lot recently. Please tell me that's not your saviour. Do you have a CFP that has shown you paper returns in the double digits over the past few years or did he just go to jail?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I know of many people who have mulitple CFPs and have lost a lot recently. Please tell me that's not your saviour. Do you have a CFP that has shown you paper returns in the double digits over the past few years or did he just go to jail?

People have lost in the equities, correct.

I have said nothing about double digit returns.

My dad is not in jail.

I talked about diversifying investments, which has nothing to do with equities

That is all.

EDIT: Multiple CFP's for one person ??? Please elaborate

Double Edit : and yes when a CFP/CHRP does their work correctly, you will be taken care of, trust me

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Mods if you would like to show that information I would be pleased and what I was replying to.

The mods are not going to do it for you - doesn't work like that here. I have checked your posts and I have found only 1 post that had a link to anything (other than your charts) and nothing else that even bordered on substance.

over 2000 posts in this thread filled with substance, and then you pop in, get you account deleted, make a new one and still posts almost nothing that has substance.

We all welcome an alternate view, we just ask that you quit with all the opinion that has nothing of substance to back it up. Apparently you are not able to understand this simple thing.

Sorry, should have invested with a CFP that diversifies you in bonds as well as other securities, its a gamble, why dont people understand this more?

Sure what company do you know that offers a CFP to manage the 401K that the employees can talk to?

Most people do not understand the markets much at all. That is a fact. This thread, while monitoring the indexes and posting relevant news has helped a LOT of people to begin to understand what affects the markets, how it affects them and what to expect, even if they don't understand Elliott Wave, Fibs, P/E, charting, channeling, swings, etc.

The audacity of youth fades eventually, and hopefully it will with you. This thread is NOT about I say buy this stock or EFT or metal, it is about tracking the markets and understanding how the global news affects market performance.

So please, try to be part of the program, or visit another thread that is more in line with what you want to post, because many of us are tired of your juvenile rhetoric. Although we have hope that you will become an actual contributor to the thread and not an endless distracter.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The mods are not going to do it for you - doesn't work like that here. I have checked your posts and I have found only 1 post that had a link to anything (other than your charts) and nothing else that even bordered on substance.

over 2000 posts in this thread filled with substance, and then you pop in, get you account deleted, make a new one and still posts almost nothing that has substance.

We all welcome an alternate view, we just ask that you quit with all the opinion that has nothing of substance to back it up. Apparently you are not able to understand this simple thing.

Sure what company do you know that offers a CFP to manage the 401K that the employees can talk to?

Most people do not understand the markets much at all. That is a fact. This thread, while monitoring the indexes and posting relevant news has helped a LOT of people to begin to understand what affects the markets, how it affects them and what to expect, even if they don't understand Elliott Wave, Fibs, P/E, charting, channeling, swings, etc.

The audacity of youth fades eventually, and hopefully it will with you. This thread is NOT about I say buy this stock or EFT or metal, it is about tracking the markets and understanding how the global news affects market performance.

So please, try to be part of the program, or visit another thread that is more in line with what you want to post, because many of us are tired of your juvenile rhetoric. Although we have hope that you will become an actual contributor to the thread and not an endless distracter.

My views are always apparently going to be devils advocate to yours, and it should be welcomed, its not all that bad

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join