It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by GreenBicMan

The objective of the Global Meltdown is of course to discus finances, stocks, global economies and the melt down situation..

Again... more unfounded negative sentiment..

I am here to prove that wrong from here on out.. thats is why I have provided the previous information

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Bernanke is on "60 Minutes" now.

He claims all the banks are solvent and that they are doing a "stress test" to see how much they "need" in the event of an adverse situation.

Waiting to see if/what he says about the markets.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

You mean how much the next bank bailout bill is going to cost us? Or what the next plan of action is going to be?

I don't believe a word that comes out of that mans mouth. The only thing that I do believe is when he admitted that the Fed Reserve was the cause of the Great Depression.

You'll have to let us know if he says anything about the markets, he might not since his only concern is the banks.

We'll see though.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You called it!

Nada on the markets although he sees "green shoots..."

He is "confident" and they provided background and bio.

My guess is that he replaced the Big O this week in an attenpt to restore the confidence of the public/investors that all is jolly.

First Fed in 20 to grant an interview.They are pulling out all the stops.

I am dying to see how the markets react in the am with the AIG bonus fiasco and his smiling face on network.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
You called it!

Nada on the markets although he sees "green shoots..."

He is "confident" and they provided background and bio.

My guess is that he replaced the Big O this week in an attenpt to restore the confidence of the public/investors that all is jolly.

First Fed in 20 to grant an interview.They are pulling out all the stops.

I am dying to see how the markets react in the am with the AIG bonus fiasco and his smiling face on network.

AIG is worth about as much as my 2001 hyundai right now.. not much LOL, this news wont affect anything..

Im thinking we are still waiting for M2M update to come out, but as I said my charting shows a big uptrend right now at least till 7500, you can check all the stops in my DJIA chart

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm thinking about it more from the angle of say my younger sisters who are investors but have neither the time nor inclination to view charts or even read around much to see what the numbers are suggesting.

People who are hoping "things" will be as they were before and maybe have been considering dipping a toe back into the markets.

They only have the "news" such as the AIG bailouts and Big Ben on network to base a decision on.

I believe they are the majority.Most people simply find financials confusing and frustrating and choose to follow popular opinion and lead.

Or,like the many very wealthy/eldery ranchers out here where I live who invest only with Edward G Jones because they "know the guy" who owns the local franchise and they want to start seeing a bit of return again.

I spoke with several last night who are dying to re-invest.

I do think that the "news at large" has a market effect,especially after a weekend.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

They only have the "news" such as the AIG bailouts and Big Ben on network to base a decision on.

I believe they are the majority.Most people simply find financials confusing and frustrating and choose to follow popular opinion and lead.

Sounds like a lot of other things in life right?

Always, and I mean always, go against public sentiment.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Pause, we must investigate the unexpected drop that the Dow will go through on Monday before it happens and prevent further erosion of shares value. According to the Forbes mag, some rich folks have lost hundreds of million dollars since the bloodletting started in the last October and got left with only a couple of mill or so. An American Tragedy, ain't that?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Nikkei 225 7,714.48 9:15PM ET Up 145.20 (1.92%)
Straits Times 1,558.22 9:36PM ET Down 19.30 (1.22%)
Seoul Composite 1,137.44 9:16PM ET Up 11.41 (1.01%)
Taiwan Weighted 4,945.19 9:16PM ET Up 47.80 (0.98%)

Looks like Foreign markets seem to be doing alright right now. We'll see if it holds

Gold Mar 09 926.40 9:11pm ET Down 3.40 (0.37%)

DJIA futures 7,151.00 -28.00

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This should get interesting

AIG Discloses Counterparties to CDS, GIA and Securities Lending Transactions

NEW YORK, Mar 15, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- American International Group, Inc.
(AIG) recognizes the importance of upholding a high degree of transparency with
respect to the use of public funds. As a result, after close consultation with
the Federal Reserve, AIG is disclosing information identifying certain credit
default swap counterparties, municipal counterparties and securities lending
counterparties. Before disclosing this information, AIG consulted with the
Federal Reserve about the potential public benefit of counterparty disclosure and
the potential that such disclosure would cause competitive harm to AIG or its
counterparties.

AIG announcement statement (.pdf)
List of counterparties (.pdf)
related resources

KD posted a follow up ticker on Reserve Banking

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I just started a thread for that.

Freaking thieves.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Exactly, even with all the money that the crocks in the banking institutions has gotten from the tax payer they are doing whatever their fat butts they want to do.

As long as we the people keep bending over.

So much for the word of confidence on transparency.

And BTW since when the Federal Reserve is the one to be consulting with, I thought that our President and moron congress are the ones that make the laws.

Interesting development now Bernanke is the one that call the shots.

But still hey he has been calling the shots for a while already, the president is just the figure for hope.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I read an today about AIG counterpartie fire sale ...
Did anyone else see this?!

firedoglake.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Yes he is in and then for the rest of the day it will Obama making everybody feel warm and cozy.

After all he is more charismatic than that toad Bernanke.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

That article asks some good questions!

Another thing to ponder... Rumour "World's Largest Corporate Failure"

I wonder who it will be??

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I just started a thread for that.

Freaking thieves.

Wait! Hold it!

msp190.photobucket.com...

Oh. no. What did it say? What AIG?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

On that global corporation failure next week,
Humm very interesting...I wonder too...
The hints fit nicely though...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

S&P 500 -3.90 750.70 3/15 10:01pm
Fair Value 753.29 3/14 9:45am
Difference* -2.59

NASDAQ -10.50 1157.50 3/15 6:52pm
Fair Value 1169.50 3/14 9:45am
Difference* -12.00

Dow Jones -30.00 7149.00 3/15 10:01pm
---
Gold $926.05
---

Treasury Premium Triples for Newest Bonds as Pimco Sees Off-the-Run Values
www.bloomberg.com...

March 16 (Bloomberg) -- Even in the world’s safest debt market, investors are paying triple the average premium for the easiest-to-sell securities as the 19-month credit-market freeze shows few signs of ending.

Buyers requiring only the newest, most-traded 10-year Treasuries are giving up about 0.4 percentage point of yield compared with older debt of similar maturity, according to Barclays Capital Inc., one of 16 primary dealers required to bid at government debt sales. Before the subprime mortgage crisis began in August 2007, the gap was about 0.13 percentage point.

Treasuries already lost 2.85 percent this year, according to Merrill Lynch & Co. index data, as the government accelerated bond sales to finance a federal budget deficit that President Barack Obama’s administration forecasts may expand to $1.75 trillion. Sacrificing returns for so-called benchmark bonds shows how skittish investors remain as financial markets deteriorate in the worst crisis since the Great Depression.

“It’s a pretty telling sign that things are not back to normal,” said Wan-Chong Kung, who helps manage $76 billion in fixed income at FAF Advisors in Minneapolis, the asset- management arm of U.S. Bancorp.

BTW: Luv'd that KD line...

"There are only 24 hours in a day and despite some people's belief that I'm Borg, I do need to sleep. Trying to spread all this out would make it impossible for me to keep track of it all - so I don't."

[edit on 3/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hum another blow to the US industrial ownership.

Swiss Drug-Maker Roche Holding Snatches up Genentech

Not only is Genentech one of the leading biotech companies in the world, it is considered the founder of the industry.

Swiss drug-maker Roche Holding AG has reached a deal to purchase the remaining 44 percent of American-based Genentech Inc. that it does not currently own.

This is just the latest episode in the Great American Sell-Off. Since 1978 America has sold 17,000 of its best wealth-producing companies to foreign competitors. Over the last 10 years alone foreigners have spent $1.2 trillion to acquire more than 8,000 key U.S. companies. U.S. industries such as mining, cement, publishing, engine and power transmission equipment, rubber and plastics, sound recording and motion pictures are now largely foreign owned. Foreign ownership has even become more prevalent in industries like pharmaceuticals, chemicals, industrial machinery, transportation equipment, electronics, metal industries, and coal and petroleum industries.

www.economyincrisis.org...

American the great been sold one piece at a time, our leading companies gone with the wind.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Oh My I am feeling a bit of Deja Vu here. Haven't we herd this somewhere before...

Geithner Says He’ll Soon Offer Details on Toxic-Asset Cleanup

More information about the public-private investment plan will be made available in the next week, a Treasury official told reporters yesterday, speaking on condition of anonymity. The Treasury will roll out enough information for investors to gauge their interest in the new program, along with an operational timeframe, the official said.

***large snip***

Last week, the Fed delayed by two days until March 19 the deadline for submissions of proposed packages of debt that investors can buy with Fed financing. Brokers and investors have had difficulty agreeing over contract terms for the TALF, the people said.

I keep hearing "Up, up and away in my floating trial balloon" playing in my head.

If you read the article, you will see that first on the list of plans is....Wait for it... Injecting EVEN MORE CAPITAL to failing /struggling institutions.

Like that's worked so far

Great Article from WSJ...
There's No Pill for This Kind of Depression

[edit on 3/15/09 by redhatty]

new topics

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join