It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America branch managers just received a message

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I don't know..... Is the Drudge Retort anything like schorch faal? I mean I have heard of the Drudge rePort and I do not give him much credit but I give him more credit than Schorch Faals. or this retort.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Did Mr. Turner comment on his blog concerning the Bank of America?

Reliable word that Bank of America branch managers just received a message via the U.S. Federal Reserve Wire system from the US Federal Reserve instructing them to "perhaps be ready for a one-week universal shut-down of the banking system", including access to checking accounts, savings accounts, credit cards and ATM's.
halturnershow.blogspot.com...

I think I had mentioned a CI in an earlier post. The FBI have already taken full control of Mr. Turner. He was Criminal Informant for the FBI...and i believe he still is.

He was friends with a Mr. Hannity but I believe that the friendship has been dissolved.

As I had said this BoA has many angles...this is just one of them.

Good find.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
[edit on 2-10-2008 by Teeky]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
A banking holiday would only encourage a bank run..

Though every major bank IS REPORTING HIGHER THEN NORMAL WITHDRAWS..

Only one bank has actually crashed from that, and that was WaMu..

Billion withdrawn in deposits and stock over the course of 10 days lead to its collapse.

HOWEVER.. I would NOT be surprised to see a stock market closure if Congress rejects the bill and we see another nose dive. I would also expect the next Congressional Vote to occur in the evening, after markets are closed.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
For what its worth , I called BOA today because i was going to make a "run" myself. The bank manager swore that although i could get my life savings out as cash , it would just be more work for me when this blows over.

She claimed they are in a great financial position yada yada.

I chose not to grab my cash. I almost pist myself when i saw the title of this thread though (lol) "I shoulda got my cash!!!".

Its not like my cash would be worth much if things REALLY went down anyway.

Hope someone figures this all out as i am hard pressed to make an even meager understanding of the shady dealings that must've gone on behind the scened to get us here.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Man - a couple of clone sites spreading fear rumours.

Just what we need.

Do *NOT* believe this.

JK

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
shutting down the entire U.S. Banking system for 4 days will bankrupt the world
[edit on 2-10-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

Really? So the entire world goes bankrupt once a year on Thanksgiving weekend? I wasn't aware of that. Great job researching.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I can assure anyone in doubt that there are indeed bank runs.

Not lineups, just wise and steady withdrawals. Hang out at any bank / atm mid evening and you will see a lot more traffic.

I know of a few people, maybe including myself, withdrawing their limit for days in a row.

Myself, well I went a little further and spread out over a few banks and went so far as to open a new local credit union account and I don't have much to begin with.

It would be wise to try and have a month's cash minimum if you can. If you can't then maybe put a few items for sale, clean out the garage & ebay. Have a small paypal balance maybe. I dunno but I would, strictly in your own interest, have SOMETHING tangible. No need to take out your life savings etc.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
bull# or not, this post is frightening. and whether i had read this post or not wouldn't change the fact that i'm currently keeping all of my hard earned money out of any bank, FDIC insured or not.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Mythatsabigprobe - You really need to educate yourself quite better on financial crisis market volatility short term, long term, institution policy action, asset protection, inflation hedge investments, and media cheerleaders. I disagree completely with your dismissive attitude. That ignorant attitude is why 98% of citizens find themselves scrambling and in desperation when SHTF.
Your comments on Gold crashing are indicative of your limited knowledge of markets and economies in turmoil and volatility. I think that there is a HIGH probability that there will be a bank holiday called. I suggest to all to take whatever actions they deem necessary to avoid being caught in a position where you can't make it for a couple weeks without relying on your bank. That doesn't mean panic nor withdrawing your entire accounts. Use whatever level of intelligence you are capable of.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalepmay
Really? So the entire world goes bankrupt once a year on Thanksgiving weekend? I wasn't aware of that. Great job researching.

You can still make withdrawals from ATMs, make purchases with your debit card, and in many banks transfer funds between accounts even on Thanksgiving day.

The "bank holiday" referred to in this post is a complete shutdown of the banking system to prevent people from draining all cash from banks. This means no ATMs, no debit card purchases, etc.

Even though this rumor about BoA is bunk, these sorts of bank holiday are possible and have happened before.
You may remember the famous words: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself," yes? This was said by FDR on the day of his inauguration during a bank crisis (i.e. mass bank run) at the start of the Great Depression.
The next day he declared a "national bank holiday" that shut down banking for three days.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Gold is crashing? would you mind expanding on that fact, or statement? Gold is at $835 and going up as it usually does near the end of the month.

Well not to many years back gold reached almost 900.00.... then went a tumbling down real quick. My parents got lucky... sold the day before... literally an hour before close of day... when the price shot down..

Here is the chart

Inflation Adjusted Gold Price History

goldprice.org...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Scary thing is also that perhaps this is a rumor started by terrorists and they manage to kill Bank of America because of customers all pulling out their money due to panic. Panic that, at this point in time, would also be normal survival instinct and smart.

Let's be careful........ it is presently extremely easy for terrorists to get to us at this time without even physically entering our country.

I think these days are the first time in my life that I am actually almost relieved that I am presently poor (in regards to money).

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Physical gold can not even be purchased. dealers are out. what you are seeing are the effects of "paper metals" ETF's that are being printed en masse and thrown on the market to suppress the metal prices. Try this- call a dealer and see what they have on hand, youll be surprised.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
It is illogical to have a run on banks:

I would highly recommend you watch this video...

The Secret of Money Revealed

Google Video Link

MONEY AS DEBT

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Drudge Retort anything like schorch faal?

No, Drudge Report is NOT like S.F.

You can find some really great info on Drudge.
Once in a while a link to an article might be a bit teched, but not aften IMO.

...taps...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Do you think that bank of america is secretly owned by the russian secret service?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I wouldn't be pulling all my moneyout of the bank, but I have encouraged my husband, and my kids to keep a little bit of cash on hand, just in case....
ya know, just in case they close down the banks for a few days...
or just in cash a solar flare knocks out the atm system,
or just in case....whatever!
I seem to be more worried about something knocking out the bits and the bites in the electronic world more than people running the banks, although, that's what forced the sale of wachovia by what I've read.
if everyone is like my family, they are all just using their atms and have very little cash on hand. a simple solar flare could cause a panic and burn yas.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Gold was at around $915 just 2 days ago - a 10% drop in 48 hours is not "going up".

Well, it would be good to keep in mind that gold was only about $745 per oz. on Sept. 10th. At roughly $840 today it's actually still gained over 10% in the past few weeks; so gold is doing just fine.

[edit on 10/3/08 by redmage]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join