It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America branch managers just received a message

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Bank of America branch managers just received a message

www.drudge.com

Reliable word that Bank of America branch managers just received a message via the U.S. Federal Reserve Wire system from the US Fed instructing them to "perhaps be ready for a one-week universal shut-down of the banking system", including access to checking accounts, savings accounts and credit cards and ATM's.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
halturnershow.blogspot.com
www.drudge.com

====
Mod Edit: Title changed to reflect original article

[edit on 2/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Seems like the silent bank runs have been taking a toll and now the banks are reacting. I don't know what to make of the sources of this, but I suggest some of us start making calls to our contacts in the banking area and find out if this is indeed true. I have also started a thread about Bank of America closing out credit cards located here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Blessings to all,

Solar

www.drudge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

====
Mod Edit: Title changed to reflect original article

[edit on 2/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thats GREAT!! I just put a $600 dollar check in BOA that won't clear until the 7th.. I hope I can get it out in time if this is true.. Thats the only money I have

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Don't panic. This is a rumor started by a gold dealer, according to what I read on the ticker forum this morning. Gold is the only thing crashing and the banks will be open through this crisis - that's why we have the FDIC and nobody has EVER lost a bank deposit since the FDIC was created.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is complete BullStuff... I don't know if you know it or not but shutting down the entire U.S. Banking system for 4 days will bankrupt the world, let along a week. The boys at the BNY were ready to declare bankruptcy after being down for 3 days after 911... This is a very stupid rumor and impossible... Whomever is spreading it, should be put in jail.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ok good. I am one to panic over things because I don't have money as it is.. So the little bit I do have I would like to keep.. I just did some research on it and it does seem like a rumor to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Don't panic. This is a rumor started by a gold dealer, according to what I read on the ticker forum this morning. Gold is the only thing crashing and the banks will be open through this crisis - that's why we have the FDIC and nobody has EVER lost a bank deposit since the FDIC was created.

Granted, but I think what people are fearing is the fact that most transactions done nowadays is electronic. The freezing of all bank transactions (if true, I tend to lean towards the gold dealer creating a rumor) would hit most pretty hard. Like me, I wouldn't be able to get to work and back until the funds were open again. I have a 140 mile round trip commute.

That's where the fear is. Not that those of us with WELL under the FDIC insured limits would lose our money.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Gold is crashing? would you mind expanding on that fact, or statement? Gold is at $835 and going up as it usually does near the end of the month. The profit taking usually starts around the 20th of each month and last 7-10 days. Then the buyers step in again and it goes up. For instance I bought Gold and Silver when Bush was elected the first time, today my investments are up over 400% and 600% respectively. Gold is NOT crashing the U.S. Federal Reserve Note is and will even more when they print 850 billion more worthless dollars for the bailout. Inflation tax will basically make your dollar worth about 2 cents.

Good luck to you if you bought into the Federal Reserve Scam...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Edit..
AFter a little reseach.. I found this whole thing to be a scare tatic.
Rumor.. So I took off my post as not to promote the idea of this happening today..

However I will still say all that paper money is worthless..

BOA made profits from 9-11..

And yes I bank with them.. which I shouldnt.. I dont keep much money in there anyway..

If they would go out like this, I would overdraft them so hard!! That atleast I would make a little something from this, and not have to pay them back.. ITs been a long time since I went on a shopping spree on the fat cats of this world.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
This is complete BullStuff... I don't know if you know it or not but shutting down the entire U.S. Banking system for 4 days will bankrupt the world, let along a week. The boys at the BNY were ready to declare bankruptcy after being down for 3 days after 911... This is a very stupid rumor and impossible... Whomever is spreading it, should be put in jail.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

I suggest you do a little research on history then my friend. See what happened during the start of the Great Depression. Just an FYI. This has happened before and the world didn't go bankrupt. However, a good deal did and many families throughout the globe were devastated.

There is nothing saying that it couldn't happen again. However, I do believe that this is simply a rumor. Not going to happen today.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a message board post and Hal Turner are the sources?

there's nothing to worry about

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Crakeur with all due respect sir, what represents a reliable source? Considering the fact that mainstream is labeled brainwashing garbage and alternative news is questionable, what do you deem as reliable? Again I am not trying to justify the sources I quoted as the best but considering the economic conditions we are in is there not a little bit of a possibility?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Gold is crashing? would you mind expanding on that fact, or statement? Gold is at $835 and going up as it usually does near the end of the month.

Gold was at around $915 just 2 days ago - a 10% drop in 48 hours is not "going up".

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My car is financed through BofA. Maybe if they arent open, i can delay my payment!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

How many times do you have to be burned by a source before you stop reading them?

For example, I will never take anything from Drudge seriously nor anything from Debka and a couple of others. I've caught them in lies way too often to give a crap about what they have to say anymore.

A reliable source is one that tells you facts without making them up, having to print retractions and don't constantly get contradicted by other sources.

If there is no "week long bank holiday" then I would hope you stop trusting these sources. Or are you just going to make up some excuse as to why they were wrong and go on believing them?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Originally posted by Crakeur

Crakeur with all due respect sir, what represents a reliable source? Considering the fact that mainstream is labeled brainwashing garbage and alternative news is questionable, what do you deem as reliable? Again I am not trying to justify the sources I quoted as the best but considering the economic conditions we are in is there not a little bit of a possibility?

Exactly. I remember not to long ago when the National Enquirer broke the story on John Edwards and his affair everyone is like oh its just the enquirer nothing to see here....well we see it to be true now dont we? Or how about this whole economic mess. The government tells us all is well up until a week again and that anything else is conspiracy......well we know how that turned out also. I dont take any source forgranted.
Some people may say ATS isnt a reliable source for anything just a bunch of conspiracy nuts even though we all know we have called a lot of crap.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I urge everyone (please, no disrespect intended for the OP) to make sure when they see threads like this to follow the link to the source, and then find out who or what THEIR source was.

In this case there may as well have been no source, and I agree with the poster above who said whoever is creating this story (out of thin air) should face consequences... like yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater, all it does is foster and create fear.

There's plenty to be concerned about without this disinformation clogging the net.

((The conspiracy theorist in me suspects the rumor is probably from the US Fed itself; as a little extra nudge to ensure that all those millions of people who magically began to support the bill don't change their minds...))

Edit to add: I have to say we must always expect that the propaganda machine is in full gear and this would certainly sway people to 'run' on the bank - not a good thing for us, but great for the politicians aching for an excuse to 'go along' with their deep-pocketed buddies.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Edit..
AFter a little reseach.. I found this whole thing to be a scare tatic.
Rumor.. So I took off my post as not to promote the idea of this happening today..

However I will still say all that paper money is worthless..

BOA made profits from 9-11..

And yes I bank with them.. which I shouldnt.. I dont keep much money in there anyway..

If they would go out like this, I would overdraft them so hard!! That atleast I would make a little something from this, and not have to pay them back.. ITs been a long time since I went on a shopping spree on the fat cats of this world.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by zysin5]

I wouldnt do that if I were you. banks, sell off over draft charges if they are bought out or you close your account after 100 bucks to a 3rd party collection service. And they wont stop until you pay.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I didn't mean to feed into anything. To be honest, I am relatively new still and I don't know the sources like most of the senior members do.. Sorry if I ruffled anyones feathers

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

No apologies necessary. I like to think that we are here, as a community, to help one another in a world where the truth is being diluted by so much half-truths, outright lies, and misinformation, we need every thinking mind to help!

I applaud the finder of this piece, because, although it is likely false, it shows someone is going to the trouble of making it up and spreading it around. Too bad Drudge doesn't really get into the whole, "Is this true?" angle. Around here we tend to care about trivialities like that.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Maxmars]

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join