It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America branch managers just received a message

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
hmmmm....

today began the un-official start of the fall bike week (Harleys) here @ myrtle beach sc...

if the ATMs shut down , the banks latch the doors,
then we are going to have a 100,000+ irate bikers staying over for free at the hotels-motels-holiday inns...
and possibly walking out on their restaurant meals

a real life replay of the classic 'motorcycle gang takes over town' movie,
starring M Brando....wow, interesting times we live in

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It is illogical to have a run on banks:

1. The big money isn't in the banks...you have it, on loan.
2. The banks will close their doors or use one of those fine print items you didn't read in your credit agreement or banking agreement to slow down any panics.
3. The controls in the banking system prohibit it, just like the controls in the stock market prevent too-large a drop each day.
4. The problem is a lack of trust in the system. Who's surprised, when we base our entertainment on fear? (Bowling for Columbine, etc.) Lock your doors every night?
5. My prediction:
Oct 6 stock market at DJIA 11500, foreign stocks slowly recovering
no alien landings, no motherships docking in orbit, no significant crop circles or ufo sightings
Oct 7 President looking forward to slow recovery. Palin on fast track following very successful debate with Biden. Obama campaign downturn as Clintons continue support so he will bail out Hillary's $20million in campaign debt, but Clinton support hurts Obama campaign.
Oct 8 Buffett sees new opportunity in automaker stocks, buys into Ford.
Oct 9 Apple reverses downturn with hint of new product offering in the works.

Fun with predictions. Think positive.
it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take,
and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth,
then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing
fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody.
Cowards do that and that ain't you.
You're better than that!"
Rocky Balboa
Speaking to his son in Rocky Balboa (2006)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Yes, my family is in banking. No such alert went out today. It is total and complete crap. Gold is taking a beating, and the people dumb enough to think in would go to 2k-3k are in deep trouble.

www.kitco.com... (Gold down again almost 34 dollars)

[edit on 2-10-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

i would call saying that palin will do well agianst biden very optimistic thinking

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, that is what you call a "Freeze" for sure. Oh well, good thing I am rich, I never use banks, I have a huge tower full of Gold Coins that I swim my daily laps in.

I will say however that everyone needs to just wait things out as best as possible, if this actually occurs. This almost sounds like a rumor put forth with the intent of having everyone yank their money from the bank(s), and THAT is what will lead to an actual Depression. Taking all of your assets out is the very last thing you want to do.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There is a scenario that would hold up your paycheck for a few days or even a few weeks. It has nothing to do with the BOA. Some companies do not carry the cash to meet their payroll and instead draw a line of credit from a bank. During this credit shrinkage period, the bank used by your company might choose to not issue the payroll credit anymore. When a company draws this credit to make the payroll on time, they repay it when they receive payment from the supplies and services they provide. If their credit is refused you might not get your paycheck until the company receives the payments for their services.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
"Its time we need the truth to ring out! and wake up the squares! in this city of lies!"

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-10-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinwiddy

I made a withdrawal from Wells Fargo this afternoon. The teller asked if $50's were okay because she was out of $100's. I asked her how come she was out of $100's and she said all the tellers were - she said people making large withdrawals want large bills. I thought that was very telling. D

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
That sort of story is like yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre. That is upsetting, things are bad enough without people panicking and making a run on the banks.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

50 billion insuring 1 trillion in deposits. do the math.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Edit..
AFter a little reseach.. I found this whole thing to be a scare tatic.
Rumor.. So I took off my post as not to promote the idea of this happening today..

Solarstorm has unfortunately been posting alot of unsubstantiated articles as of late. I must say I am disappointed that so many ATSr's believe something the minute it is in print or posted on the web.

"Reliable word"? what does that even mean? Why drum up alarm for the sake of garnering more ATS points for yourself, solar?

[edit on 2-10-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Honestly, can you see either Obama or McCain as President?

Thanks for that picture. Right before bedtime too!
What a nightmare.

As for a banking 'holiday' - we always have some goods 'stocked up' here at home. A semi-survival thing. I think it's smart.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I wouldnt do that if I were you. banks, sell off over draft charges if they are bought out or you close your account after 100 bucks to a 3rd party collection service. And they wont stop until you pay.

Yeah that was my knee jerk reaction from seeing they where going to close down.. But then with a little research.. I found this is just a rumor.
Thanks Crakur!
But dang this bank is so dirty.. And I just really wish I could get one over on them for once.. Lord knows what they do to us as a people..

Id say pull your money out anyway.. But all that worthless paper into something worth something.. Like lets say a different currency.

Im not suggesting you go out and buy a bunch of gold..
But I am saying your paper money is worthless!! And has no real value.

And I am going to close out my bank of america account this week.
Im done with these banks..
Honestly I am done!

Thanks for the info however.. I didnt know they sold off your debt to a 3rd party.. A collection agency of sorts.
Money.. Root of all evil.. honestly it really is.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My buddy at work has a sister that works at BOFA and this is a complete farce.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
www.businessweek.com...

now if this businessweek article is correct then we can rest easier on this one...but what if it was made up to dispel the "rumor"? you know like disinformation we get constantly?
Sorry if some already brought this up....
peace to all.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I saw this earlier today on another thread, and did some investigating. The rumor was started by Hal Turner, a white supremacist, who frequently spreads such rumors. He has tried several times to cause panic, in the hope of bringing down the government.
I called the Treasury Department, and asked for the Inspector General. I reported this new incident concerning Turner, and they are investigating. They said that the rumor was absolute hogwash, in no uncertain terms. For those that wish to investigate further, here is the number you can call
202) 622-2000 and ask for the Inspector General's Office. I suggest that when you call the general number, tell them it is important, and you want to speak to a person, not a tape machine or a recorded message. They will hold until they get an agent on the line with you. Rumors like this, left unchallenged, CAN cause the entire banking system to collapse, and no one wants that.
We don't have to agree with everything the government does. I certainly don't, but illegal and detrimental actions help no one.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My wife works for a large, very stable Southeastern bank and they are not one bit concerned and certainly haven't received any messages like this. Completely ridiculous.

That's not to say that over time there won't be problems, however. But why would the government shut down the whole banking system?? Isn't that exactly what they are trying to avoid?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
By the way, what Harry Reid said today, is in the same category, in my humble opinion:
www.roguegovernment.com...

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., pressed for passage, with the alarming news that one of the country's premier insurance companies was about to go bankrupt if the crisis was not quickly resolved.

"We don't have a lot of leeway on time," Reid told reporters in the Capitol. "One of the individuals in the caucus today talked about a major insurance company -- a major insurance company -- one with a name that everyone knows that's on the verge of going bankrupt. That's what this is all about."

Regardless of whether this was true or not, it can cause panic and make the situation worse.
I suspect he was trying to install more fear into colleagues, in an attempt to insure passage of the bill.
He was later forced to retract somewhat, and say that he had no specific information on any insurance company. I'm sure someone gave him hell over his remarks.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

Originally posted by zysin5
Edit..
AFter a little reseach.. I found this whole thing to be a scare tatic.
Rumor.. So I took off my post as not to promote the idea of this happening today..

Solarstorm has unfortunately been posting alot of unsubstantiated articles as of late. I must say I am disappointed that so many ATSr's believe something the minute it is in print or posted on the web.

"Reliable word"? what does that even mean? Why drum up alarm for the sake of garnering more ATS points for yourself, solar?

[edit on 2-10-2008 by NightVision]

First off...I can care less about these so called ATS points...matter of fact I will be happy to donate them to anyone that gets their brain farts on gettin ATS points lmao. Joke is on you.

Secondly...I stated in my original post that I questioned the sources myself but thought a heads up possibility might be there. So get your reading glasses and have a look.

Third...have a look at this thread in which I posted back in March. Closed House of Representatives...Ya I got shot down because nobody believed it and now that our own idiotic president admitted that we are in an economic crisis, is very real. In case you are hard of reading which it seems like you are it specifically states "the imminent collapse of the U.S. economy to occur by September 2008"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Other than that have a nice day.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join