It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America branch managers just received a message

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by solarstorm
Crakeur with all due respect sir, what represents a reliable source?

let me put it to you this way. If a member here posted the following message, would it hold any water?

"I just heard from a friend who works at JFK airport and he said that they received a message from NASA that the airport is to be shut down for 3 days so that an alien craft could land there."

Do you think anyone would believe it?

Now, the "source" of the BoA report is not drudge reporting on it, it is a guy named asian capitalist, I think, simply posting a statement. Do you think that is very reliable?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Well I might be placing too much of my former profession instincts into this thread. I did 9 years in banking, and I do know that protocols are in place for these types of events. So when I read these things, my mind triggers as "real possibility scenarios". I really meant no disrespect to anyone, and my real objective is to try to help in giving a heads up.

FWIW I will just sit quietly in the background for a while.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Gold is the only thing crashing and the banks will be open through this crisis - that's why we have the FDIC and nobody has EVER lost a bank deposit since the FDIC was created.

Well, there’s always a first time isn’t there?

And if gold is crashing...and our dollar is based on gold...anyone following this?

...taps...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Solarstorm,

You have far too many valuable contributions to make to sit quietly. At least I now know to be on the lookout for AsianCapitalist for future posts, so I can build a sense of reliability around whoever that is...,

HT on the other hand didn't even bother with a source. He posted it as his own. Kinda weak.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I read a post by Nouriel Roubini who was on Bloomberg's radio show the other day and he says that only 63% of all bank deposits are insured. He thinks a silent run is going on at alot of banks right now. Link;

www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 2-10-2008 by u4itornot]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is a lie to promote run's on the bank. So now Americans are working to destroy their own system?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
And if gold is crashing...and our dollar is based on gold...anyone following this?

*sigh* The US Dollar is no longer based on gold! It hasn't been since Richard Nixon removed us from the gold standard. There is essentially nothing of tangible value or worth backing our currency. Any value the dollar has is based on perception & presumption... thus, it is a fiat currency.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain
This is a lie to promote run's on the bank. So now Americans are working to destroy their own system?

Where have you been? This entire farce is an example of some Americans working to destroy our system. Sad, but seemingly true.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by bruxfain

Where have you been? This entire farce is an example of some Americans working to destroy our system. Sad, but seemingly true.

I suppose I've always known, but I meant that now average Americans of no particular importance are actively participating in a plot to break the system.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wow, I may have to re-consider my personal "silliest thread" award.

To suggest, even in a crack induced haze, that the United States could shut down the federal banking system for a week is just

But this type of Interweb hype can induce mass hysteria among the great unwashed, and cause a minor run on banks.

But hey, it makes more sense than the WTC conspiracy.

PS - the final post in this thread should take the form of an apology.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I used to work for Bank of America. The first year I was there, I made a four day weekend of the Thanksgiving Holiday. When I returned well rested the following Monday, my supervisor informed that federal law prohibits banks from being closed for more than three consecutive days, so couldn't have possibly thought everyone was taking four days off. I learned something that day and know it has finally paid off.

Did the message include a snippet about federal law regarding American banking laws being changed to support the alleged closure it would have to happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have to wonder about some of you.... it's amazing to me that you can claim NO on this thread with such certainty...

silly?
impossible?

HA HA

look at were you Americans are now.. even a few months ago you people were laughing at the idea that things could be that bad, now look at you.

to dismiss this thread would be incredibly shortsighted..

of course it's possible and of course it will happen eventually.. I have no doubt about it.
now, that's not to say that the source is any good... but maybe it's time some of you bucked up, pull your head outta ur bum and actually considered the possibility.

some of the arguments against so far are pretty funny... you guys all trust a system that is broken and corrupt at it's core. of course they are gonna screw you.. DUH! where the hell have you been for the last 100 years?

anyways..

S n F'd

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The OP's link is to the Drudge Retort, not Report.....copy cat site

Here's the Real site....

www.drudgereport.com...

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think some of you guys seriously need to give the OP a break here.

It's not unfathomable that to explore sources APART from what would be considered reliable might be in order some of the time. If this weren't true, NO conspiracies, NO truths, NO blatant disregard for America may have ever seen the light of day.

Were all "reliable" sources the only ones that ever got tapped for 'our best interest' reading, then all of you top-notch conspiracy theorists would have NOWHERE to turn to for information that would substantiate your points of view.

And the guy who posted that an apology should finish off this thread? Ya know what I think, I think a withdrawal of your post, an apology and most likely what may be tantamount to a switching be affected upon your own account. NO ONE here needs to apologize for attempting to help out their fellow citizen even IF they're 150% wrong.

As far as on-topic, I don't buy it

AB1

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pynner

You may be right. But one thing I can honestly say about Americans is this. We don't care. Deep down, most Americans just don't give a sh1t about all this stuff that everyone else says we should care about.

And we also know there is nothing anyone can do to make us care. And if I am wrong about that to, then prove it. After we've won the war and everything turns out to be just fine for us and we turn out to be richer than ever. And everyone else on Earth is getting madder and madder. Just remember, we will live forever because we don't care.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

I completely missed that!

You would think there would be some kind of relationship between the two (at least a lawsuit).

Anyway, thanks for the head's up.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Drudge retort is the liberal "answer" to Matt Drudge. They are (as seems to be the case with many liberal news sites) mislabeled as "alternative news" when, in reality, the site is nothing more than a glorified blog collection.

Say what you will, but had this article been from the Drudge Report, people across the country would be crapping themselves right now. Matt Drudge has proven himself on numerous occassions to have a pretty good abillity to sniff out huge breaking stories that nobody else in the main stream has picked up on yet (like the Lewinski scandal, which he broke first). Generally speaking, if you see something big that's brand new on Drudge on a Monday, by Tuesday it is being discussed by all the MSM outlets.

I have yet to ever see anything on the "retort" (which I visit for a chuckle quite often) that has later become a big story (unless it was already a big story before the retort picked up on it.)

The main reason I reject articles from sites like this, even though they may ocassionally get something right, is that even a broken clock is right twice a day. Those odds aren't good enough for me to rely on much of anything they present as news the rest of the day, however. Always take everything you read with a grain of salt... make a note of it, sure, and keep your eyes open for corroborating evidence and similar reports, but never take it as the Lord's Gospel at first viewing. It is an interesting OP (not breaking news material, IMHO... but that isn't my call) and it was definitely post-worthy by Solar, but to do anything above just keeping an eye on it would be over-reacting and foolish.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

never say never, because for the 1st time ever, the 1st Infantry of the US Army 3rd Division was deployed within the US for preparation of civil unrest.

Happened on Oct 1st according to the ARMY TIMES

Wonder what civil unrest they expect?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

good points! and I think your probably right.

I shall give you a star!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Thanks. I knew there was a reason to hang out at ATS! It's good to know these things.

(I still can't believe that the drudge.com name didn't get challenged as infringement, but you know, any publicity is good publicity.)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join