It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Children Gassed at Dayton Mosque After "Obsession" DVD Hits Ohio

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The problem with the DVD is that it has a completely unbalanced view point. It only focuses on one aspect of a group, totally disregarding the other side.

To educated people, they can distinguish extremists from moderates, but to uneducated people, this DVD misinforms them into thinking that all Muslims are like the ones portrayed in the DVD.

That is what the makers of the DVD wanted - to create panic and fear. "Who is a Muslim," "is my neighbor a Muslim," "how do we stop them?" are what they want people to constantly think.

We have entered another age of Salem witch trials, with only one exception - this time, people have the tools to create mass hysteria nation wide.

Like the Salem witch trials, people in the future will read about what is happening in today's world and laugh at people's small mindedness and wonder why we keep reverting back to such petty beliefs.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Misinformation and lack of education leads to the dumbing down of a culture and the opportunity for mass misinformation.

The attack on Muslims by a young man and his running his Mustang into a Mosque is deplorable.

The publishing of a DVD on extremism seeking to insight a movement due to highly biased information in light of a world that is already experiencing compatibility with the Muslim world is an attempt to insight misunderstanding and enmity.

We come in peace. The message and the way. Should it not be so, then the person promoting hate, the hate undertaker, and any who support will find the sword come upon them in the form of Truth.

May this story be untrue, but if it be so, that Good Americans nation wide, do that which is right, and stomp out between their feet, all that creates discord among the people.

Peace

[edit on 29-9-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I saw this DVD today!! In no way was it anti-muslim, even in the beginning they make it clearly known that there is a difference between Islam and Radical Islam. Also, the video is not propaganda, or a fear-mongering video in any way. It features a muslim woman who's father was a terrorist, a former PLO Terrorist, and a former Federal Prosecutor (now let the ATS community pick apart the fact that the documentary features an ex-fed lol). The DVD shows real, uncensored images of Radical Islam's brainwashing of children and adults alike. It shows clips of mass crowds chanting "Death to America" (think of Family Guy-Osama Bin Laden spoof of "Death to America" lol) and shows the link and similarities of Nazi brainwashing to terrorism brainwashing.

In no way did it advertise McCain, or the republican party.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I am in England so the whol McCain/Obama thing is inconsequential to me at the moment as far as this is concerned.

Going back to the original incident about a chemical irritant being put through the window of a mosque.
This seems like a visible version of the old saying "fighting fire with fire".
Some people seem to had just snapped, they have had enough of hearing all the reports of radical muslim attacks on women and children and have decided to throw their own tactics back at them.
Doing things the right way e.g. politically doesn't seem to be getting anyone anywhere as radical attacks have increased, so if you cant beat them the right way then sink to there level and beat them the wrong way because to some people victory is victory no matter what the means.
And if it is good enough for the radicals to do then why dont we do the same thing.
Its the if you cant beat them, join them and beat them from the inside.
There are a lot of homegrown terrorists in every country so it just seems like the public has taken it upon themselves to fight back, to stop the rot at home before it sets in.

Example, if you see a one on one fight, person a is playing fair and following all the rules and person b is fighting dirty and doing what ever it takes to win then person b will win.
If person a doesn't resort to the same tactics as person b then person a will lose badly.
Now change person a with "the U.S. public" and person b with "radical muslims", and it might explain why the attack on the mosque took place.

Now i am not condoning the attack, but i can see why it took place.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by full997

Except it wasn't "fight fire with fire."

What happened was person A feared that person B would kill them, so they attacked person C who was also the type of victim person B would attack.

You don't fight terrorism by committing terror, just like you don't put out a fire by creating another fire.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Not to be pedantic but by starting another fire you can control a fire.

As person c is of the same nationality/religion as person b then they in some peoples eyes are guilty by association.
The radical muslims started out as normal muslims and became radicals, so if you take the muslims out before they have a chance to become radicals then that means there will be less radicals.

I remember someone saying that "not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims".
Therefore logically (leaving morality and what is right completely out of it) if you eliminate all muslims then you eliminate all muslim terrorists.
I am not saying that it is right but that is the sort of mentality that is being delt with here.

Blitzkrieg, take them all out just in case type of affair.
Radicals don't care if they hurt innocent people in their crusade so in order to even the playingfield the U.S. people have to follow the same tactics or else they will lose.

I will say again that i do not agree with terrorism of any kind or of the attack in question, however from a logical standpoint with all morality and whats good and whats right taken out of it, then what i have stated makes some sense.
And it is the kind of sense that we are dealing with on both sides here.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
After watching this video in full on youtube, I wish to point out a few things.

The first was in the correlation between Jihad and Mein Kampf which apparently mean the same thing.

The second was the correlation that was made between Nazi Germany, and Islamic extremists, with essentially both wishing the elimination of the Jews.

A point was made within the movie of the gravity of the situation, in that because of religious conviction under God, that this problem is not going to end by a mere conquering of a territory or region.

Some of the clips that are in the movie talking about the west are alarming. But just as our resolve is not to have society subject to strict Sharia law, so must it be said that their resolve is to put that into enforcement.

A movie worth watching, that poses some interesting points. When you see an American soldier give his life for his country, he is up against a group, that also believes their cause is worth giving their life for too.

A disturbing aspect of the movie was the illustration of how they showed one individual speaking peaceably, and then being shown, speaking in a violent manner at a different taped meeting. A Jeckyll and Hyde situation that insinuated that the west has been infiltrated by extremist posing as peaceful individuals.

A person with a low ethnic tolerance might come away from this movie and being paranoid and angered. I came away from it seeing the bias for what it was, but also seeing some valid points that it did make.

Extremism and intolerance is a volatile standoff situation. That point was made clear, but the inference of infiltration gives one a serious pause for thought.

Peace

[edit on 30-9-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No I do not support violence. But telling the truth about certain cultures tendency towards violence is something altogher different. There are no lies or propaganda in the dvd, just the truth based on facts. Would you rather the truth be suppressed so someone may not be inclined to act out? Punish the action, not the freedom- the dvd contains true information many Americans deem important.

As for the headline of that article, read on scholar. It seems that there were actually no traces of any irritant found and there is no evidence of an attack on children. This is just a ploy to create a victim in response to the islamic expose dvd.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by full997

They would not have attacked any extremists from what I know, so what did they accomplish? Nothing. They attacked the wrong people, they did not attack their enemy.

Also there's a fault in your logic, I know your not supporting this, but I see a fault in your logic, attacking all muslims as the source would not help them win at all! Doing that would be suicide to humanity! I promise you, the world would turn into a never ending hell on earth!

Those attacking all muslims would make them become extremists too, it would make them the worst kind also, because they would trigger world suffering beyond imagination. Millions/Billions of Innocent muslims and non muslims do NOT want this at all. All the normal peacefull people will be in the middle of all this chaos, people who do not deserve to live in hell on earth.

Any form of extremism is like taking out a knife and stabbing humanity slowly to death.

Like I said if any group or army plan to destroy all muslims, this would make them the most evil and the worst of all humanity, because doing this act would cause the greatest suffering humanity would ever see, they would NOT be able to kill all muslims, nobody can take away somebodies faith, it's impossible, instead they would be destroying all humans lives, muslims and non muslim, even their own lives and their own families etc

Trying to get rid of all muslims would not make them win, it would be adding fuel to the fire, kicking a bees nest etc etc

Not to mention this would be giving the muslim extremists exactly what they want!!
They would LOVE more wars, they would LOVE to be proven right that the west really is the enemy etc. Terrorists run towards war zones because that's what they live for, the more wars the more terrorists.

If people hate extremists so much then they should not become like one! For the sake of humanity and our planet earth!!!

[edit on 30-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
This DVD is being used as a scare tactic by the McCain campaign and is having the unintended consequences of violence against Arab Americans.

What the video does do, is it plants a seed in ones mind, that there are Muslims worldwide, that have infiltrated the west posing as peaceful people, but are not.

It plants a seed of a potential paranoid image of a group, that will not stop until it completely dominates the world.

I imagine companies like blackwater, defense contractors, political campaigns, and Jewish lobbyists would want to see this film distributed.

A nonprofit group that has shipped out 28-million copies of a controversial film on radical Islam refuses to reveal the source of its funding, but numerous ties connect it to a well-known Jewish education group that vehemently denies any involvement with the film

www.tampabay.com...

Once we label any Muslim as possibly being an undercover extremist, the entire population comes under speculation and subject potential hate crimes.

Peace

[edit on 30-9-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
and geobbels said it was jewish bankers , posing as friends who were undermining german scoiety and financial control.....

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I would almost bet that the gas way sprayed into the room by muslims so that they could play the synpathy card, as they always do. Poor pitiful me, that bad man hurt me...! Then they continue to spread the message of hate and make more bombs.

As proof of this tactic, remember how when the Israelis bombed Arafat's building and all the ambulances rushed in and carried nearly 100 people out on stretchers? Well, unfortunately for them, reporters took film of about ten men and women being carried out on stretchers, and when they "thought" they were out of sight of the camaras, they jumped off and ran around to the other side so that they could jump back into another stretcher and do it again.

This is merely a sympathy ploy. And old one often used. As for the CD "Obsession". The reason it came out like it did is to inform people what it is they are really up against.

There will be no sympathy here from me.

BTW, I have read the Quran, and I believe that I remember reading something along these lines. There is a teaching in it that says, and I'll paraphrase it. ( If I am wrong, I invite any well versed Muslim to inform me so and correct me).

" If your enemy be too strong for you so that you cannot overcome him. Make peace with him so that you may live among them and so that you can eat their substance and be fed. And when you have become strong in number so that you can overtake him, make war with him and kill him."

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Fromabove]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
The problem with the DVD is that it has a completely unbalanced view point. It only focuses on one aspect of a group, totally disregarding the other side.

To educated people, they can distinguish extremists from moderates, but to uneducated people, this DVD misinforms them into thinking that all Muslims are like the ones portrayed in the DVD.

That is what the makers of the DVD wanted - to create panic and fear. "Who is a Muslim," "is my neighbor a Muslim," "how do we stop them?" are what they want people to constantly think.

We have entered another age of Salem witch trials, with only one exception - this time, people have the tools to create mass hysteria nation wide.

Like the Salem witch trials, people in the future will read about what is happening in today's world and laugh at people's small mindedness and wonder why we keep reverting back to such petty beliefs.

It does show only one aspect, which is one reason I believe they're creating a monster to justify killing the monster, but it also shows Americans the extremities that DO exist.

Not showing all sides to a very real existence is like not putting the extremists of the 1940's in our history books for fear it will cause hatred towards Germans.

Just because some half-wit barbarians in America use this information to justify their evil urges, doesn't mean we ALL have to be shielded from the information. Faulty and one-sided information or not. Let us decide that. It's not like it's a flat-out lie.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored

It does show only one aspect, which is one reason I believe they're creating a monster to justify killing the monster, [ib]but it also shows Americans the extremities that DO exist. .

Isn't that a bit redundant? Hasn't the American government been pushing this very point for 7 years already? Is it such big news to any Americans it warrants putting on DVD and sent to selective areas?

Not showing all sides to a very real existence is like not putting the extremists of the 1940's in our history books for fear it will cause hatred towards Germans.

I'm not questioning what Americans are taught in history but isn't generally understood that the Nazis were 'very bad men indeed'? Whilst it's understandably a touchy subject with some nationalities, I don't think the general thrust of Nazis being 'very bad men indeed' is ever really denied.

Just because some half-wit barbarians in America use this information to justify their evil urges, doesn't mean we ALL have to be shielded from the information. Faulty and one-sided information or not. Let us decide that.

I'm not in America, but I'm staggered that you think Americans are shielded from the idea that some Muslims are 'very bad men indeed'. Again, hasn't the American propaganda machine been pushing this idea for 7 years now?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
I'm not in America, but I'm staggered that you think Americans are shielded from the idea that some Muslims are 'very bad men indeed'. Again, hasn't the American propaganda machine been pushing this idea for 7 years now?

If Muslim's in general are being target by our government, then why does that same government give public schools the day off, today, for a Muslim holiday?
The government is making the public aware of the extremists.

(I'm not denying the obvious strategy you mentioned, but I believe it has reasons other than an election...)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
If Muslim's in general are being target by our government, then why does that same government give public schools the day off, today, for a Muslim holiday?
The government is making the public aware of the extremists.

(I'm not denying the obvious strategy you mentioned, but I believe it has reasons other than an election...)

I didn't say "Muslim's in general". I was quite careful in using the word "some". I actually used the phrase "some Muslims" in the paragraph you quoted. I've never suggested that the American propaganda machine has said "Muslim's in general", merely that, to quote your earlier post, "the extremities that DO exist."

What I was actually querying was the idea that the American propaganda machine have, and again I'm quoting you here, "shielded [Americans] from the information". Can you support this idea, that post-9/11, Americans haven't been made aware that there are Muslim extremists who are 'very bad men indeed'.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

oh boo hoo. they couldn't even find any evidence. sounds staged. good way to get national pity. maybe we cannow let another million terrorist muslims into the US. best advice, ship them back home where they belong. bed sheets and all.

also have to remember there are some arabs on this site, putting in their own biased sentiment.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

NO, LET'S BLAME JOHN MCCAIN!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I hate to break it to you, but your act of grouping all muslims together is straight-up prejudiced. You, sir, are a bigot. Disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join