It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Children Gassed at Dayton Mosque After "Obsession" DVD Hits Ohio

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Can anyone here tell me exactly whats wrong in the video? I've seen the whole ting and I found it to be very accurate. I've seen all kinds of hand wringing about his documentary, but nobody ever specifically says what in the video is wrong.

reply to post by _Phoenix_

Hatred breeds hatred,

Yes it does. Why do you excuse the hatred the violence of radical Islam has created? You know they have killed lots of people over the last decade?

reply to post by geek101

Exactly. If it does turn out that this was intentional, then it's a worrying thing.

So, this is a worrying thing, but Islamic extremist are nothing more than a fantasy to you? Perhaps you need to see some videos that will change your mind forever. Videos taken by various groups that use Islam as their reason for violence.

reply to post by Harlequin

what is of serious concern is that both Obama and McCain (and Palin now) have all been directly asociated with radical Chrisitanit

Ok, so now McCain/Palin are radical Christians because they beleive Islamic extremists (who are killing people everyday) are a danger?

You guys are all about "denying ignorance", yet you seem to wan tto perpetuate it in instances where you don't agree. Please, prove to me that Islmic extremeists arent a serious threat to the world.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Hatred breeds hatred,

Yes it does. Why do you excuse the hatred the violence of radical Islam has created? You know they have killed lots of people over the last decade?

OK I just got a u2u about this too, what the hell you talking about? When have I done that!? Hatred from islamic extremists or anyone else is all bad.

You really confuse me.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
This DVD is being used as a scare tactic by the McCain campaign and is having the unintended consequences of violence against Arab Americans.

My opinion as an individual and thoroughly appalled human being:

John McCain has a moral obligation to publicly censure the Clarion Fund, the organization that produced Obsession and is distributing the DVDs; to denounce the inflammatory, anti-Muslim message of Obsession; and to do everything in his power to stop any further campaign activities by his supporters that have the potential to incite violence.

Violence against "Arab Americans"? First off, where do you begin with assuming that all of these Muslims are Arabs? There are just as many Asian Muslims in this country as well, and even American Muslims. Second, sad to say but the Muslim Community has brought the disgust, hatred, and violence upon themselves. The last time I checked Muslim Extremists were slicing the heads off infants, blowing up women in markets, and dissecting family pets to load them up with explosives and turn them into IED's. The Muslims have no one to blame but their fellow Muslims (albeit radical ones) for such biased attitudes towards themselves.

Also, you have absolutely NO proof whatsoever that Senator McCain has ANY involvement with this group. The first person to throw that allegation to the forefront was Ibrahim Hooper, the spokesman for the Council For American-Islamic Relations. He did so in his attempt to have the production group behind the Documentary shut-down, by legally having their status declared as "Politically Affiliated".

Not to mention that you have no right to call a factual documentary "Fear Mongering". If educating the public on the threats we truly face is "Fear Mongering", then Sticking Your Head In The Sand must be your skewed version of reality.

I don't think he meant any harm, Just a mis-interpitation of info.
Its kinda like people in India saying "Yeah, them americans are in Iraq causing all sorts of commotion" when theres others there too, just mistakenly generalized post with no ill intent imo.

Also is it possible that the "extremist" as so their labeled are only imposing the Muslims as (bare with me, I'm rusty on middle east history) the tribe who invaded the Jews, posing as them to gain strength then trying to overcome them? I can't find the article but they where mercenaries sent from elsewhere then somehow connected to the Illuminati.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

You seem to be dismissing Islamic extremists, because someone may or may not have sprayed pepper spray in to a mosque. As if spraying pepper spray is some how equivalent to blowing up markets or ramming a plane in to high population centers. All the while claiming its because of a video thats full of lies. Lies that none of you can seem to point out.

I've never seen any of you post about the actions of an Islamic extremist and than claim the hatred that comes back to them would be legitimate. In fact, is normally the opposite. With people rationalizing the attack, by saying the west did something wrong. Why aren't you claiming that this happened, because of the actions of Islamic Extremists?

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Ok, so now McCain/Palin are radical Christians because they beleive Islamic extremists (who are killing people everyday) are a danger?

You guys are all about "denying ignorance", yet you seem to wan tto perpetuate it in instances where you don't agree. Please, prove to me that Islmic extremeists arent a serious threat to the world.

i actually mentioned both the mainstream candidates - yet you highlight only 1 (and his running mate) - that itself shows bias....

and yes - you should look outside of the MSM in the USA , to see how both candidates are presented - both the coments made by Obama`s pastor and the same `tone` in comments made by McCains pastor - and of course the recent `witch craft exorism` video of palin;

guilty by association, and the war mongering , nuke em all rhetoric we see and hear weekly.

Christianity has very much got its own fanatics and radicals - gentlemen who wear white hooded clothing to name but 1 group and many more like it ;

its sad to see that in the USA only muslim are treated as radicals , yet the self proclaimed `zionists` in Israel which are a radical element of judaism , so they themselves say , and of course the KKK

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Stop assuming things about me. Islamic extremists OBVIOUSLY cause a LOT of harm in this world, nobody is denying that, they want chaos they want trouble, they want wars. They kill more muslims than anyone else.

This incident the thread is about, if it was caused by someone, then that is also bad! and is of the same type of people, muslim or not, there is no denying that something like this is bad.

So if somebody did this, then of course it's bad, and the same goes to islamic extremists they are also bad.

What can I say? simple as that, both things are bad, I never once defended islamic extremists, so what's your problem?

[edit on 29-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Christianity has very much got its own fanatics and radicals - gentlemen who wear white hooded clothing to name but 1 group and many more like it ;

its sad to see that in the USA only muslim are treated as radicals , yet the self proclaimed `zionists` in Israel which are a radical element of judaism , so they themselves say , and of course the KKK

Perhaps we live in different countries, because in MY US, the KKK and similar groups are pirahs. Groups like that are relegated to the shadows, as society has deemed them evil. You shouldn't have any problems finding people to denounce those groups. Although, comparing these small groups to the large Islamic extremists groups all over the world is silly.

This incident the thread is about, if it was caused by someone, then that is also bad! and is of the same type of people, muslim or not, there is no denying that something like this is bad.

You guys keep blaming a video. A video that as far as I can tell, is completely accurate.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You guys keep blaming a video. A video that as far as I can tell, is completely accurate.

I never even mentioned the damn video!

OK. If this attack was caused by someone, then of course it has happened because of the hatred that has grown by hearing about terrorists and extremists in the media.

But does that make it right to attack innocent people, children!!? NO! Why do you appear to actually defend actions like this? It's as if your saying they are allowed to do this because of the extremists.

Like I said earlier, if somebody did this, they are just the same as the extremists who hate the west. The extremists hate the west so they attack innocent people, the anti-muslims hate the muslims, so they attack innocent people. Same logic.

Both things are bad.

All I have said in this thread is the FACT that ANY person full of hatred that attacks ANY innocent person, in ANY way, is BAD and WRONG.

DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
People doesn't get it, the whole intention of the video send to the population as a political weapon was indeed to breed violence.

That was the purpose of the DVD.

And now is complains about the results?

See only the weak of mind will take the DVD and instead of flushing it down the toilet like a more intelligent person will do, they will become the zombies and pawns to those that only want is the weak minded to do their will and do despicable actions for them

Why? because the ones instigating the violence with the DVDs are nothing but cowards that can not do the deeds themselves.

Nothing but cowards counting on the sheeple out there to do their will.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Perhaps we live in different countries, because in MY US, the KKK and similar groups are pirahs. Groups like that are relegated to the shadows, as society has deemed them evil. You shouldn't have any problems finding people to denounce those groups. Although, comparing these small groups to the large Islamic extremists groups all over the world is silly.

You really beleieve radical christian groups have been relegated to the shadows? that they make webites and nothing more?

if you call being ignored when crimes are commited as being relegated to the shadows then you are sadly mistaken

attack on health centre by right wing terrorists

jews and muslims run out of town

and of course the oklahoma city bombing

and you`ll find people denouncing left wing (red brigade) groups and muslim (a long list to be sure)

large islamic group? well if you read outside of the MSM you`ll see that these `large` groups are in fact alot of small groups labeled under the MSM as 1 large one - they themselves work alone and the western media label them for convenience.

william J karr - have a read on him and what he was planning.

facism is alive and well in the USA - and its rotten core goes right to the top.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i never mentioned the video - and yet i get jumped on by what i see now as a `strong` McCain supporter - did i say anything about him ? other than BOTH candidates being seen in the MSM associating with `extreme` view points by there representative clergy.

and yet *someone* seems i am attacking McCain.

if you want i can , and go the whole hog and trace his lineage back to the 3rd reich

but i wont

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Is it the video that caused this, or the actions of Islamic extremists? Again, what in the video is wrong? You claim its purpose was to bread hatred, but I saw it as a very informative documentary. You seem to be saying the truth should be silenced?

See only the weak of mind will take the DVD and instead of flushing it down the toilet like a more intelligent person will do

How in the world is sticking your head in the sand a more intelligent thing to do? I thought you guys were alla bout denying ignorance. You seem to be endorsing the dumbing down of people.

I'm defending the video, not any violent action by any party. Everyone seems to be attacking the video and I'm just trying to argue that its not the video, but Islamic extremists actions that breed hatred.

and of course the oklahoma city bombing

One guy, motivated by a book, put out by a hate group. Islamic extremists are like Timothy McVeigh multiplied times 1,000,000.

I'm not denying other hate groups exists, but if you worry about hem, you should be #ting your pants about Islamic extremists. Its the opposite though. You seem to be more worried about the less threatening groups.

large islamic group? well if you read outside of the MSM you`ll see that these `large` groups are in fact alot of small groups labeled under the MSM as 1 large one - they themselves work alone and the western media label them for convenience.

Believe me, I'm very involved in whats going on in the war against terror and I can assure you I'm very up to date on all the different groups.

Since bush got in to office, those groups are much more fragmented and too busy running for their lives to plan attacks. If we take our eye off that ball, you can bet we'll get another wake up call.

acism is alive and well in the USA - and its rotten core goes right to the top.

People who ave actually lived under fascism would probably want to punch you for saying that You have no idea what fascism is.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

See only the weak of mind will take the DVD and instead of flushing it down the toilet like a more intelligent person will do, they will become the zombies and pawns to those that only want is the weak minded to do their will and do despicable actions for them

There's a weak-minded person born every minute. The country is full of them. Things like this cause civil wars to erupt and people are wondering why there are so many porta-prisons ready...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
weak of mind will take the DVD and instead of flushing it down the toilet like a more intelligent person will do

Maybe this would be more appropriate

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

amazing

you actually dont understand anything do you.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I'm not denying other hate groups exists, but if you worry about them, you should be #ting your pants about Islamic extremists. Its the opposite though. You seem to be more worried about the less threatening groups.

I'm WAY more worried about thiefs, thugs, murderers, outside my house than getting killed in a terrorist attack. In fact I'm willing to bet I'm way more likely to get killed by a 10 year old kid with a knife lol

Now I'm not saying we should not take terrorists seriously, no way, we should take them very serious, I'm simply talking about odds here.

Believe me, I'm very involved in whats going on in the war against terror and I can assure you I'm very up to date on all the different groups.

Since bush got in to office, those groups are much more fragmented and too busy running for their lives to plan attacks. If we take our eye off that ball, you can bet we'll get another wake up call.

Well yeah maybe some are more fragmented, but the war on Iraq has caused more hatred in the world, and I'll say it again lol "hatred breeds hatred" and that's bad for us ALL , this hatred has now breeded a LOT more terrorists. Also terrorists flock towards war zones, they LOVE war zones, so more wars MORE terrorists.

Since the beginning of the war In Iraq, worldwide terrorism has increased a LOT one report says over 600%!
www.nowpublic.com...
www.independent.co.uk...
www.commondreams.org...
www.motherjones.com...
www.worldpublicopinion.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Explain this to me. I'm not a republican but I can't for the life of me find any reason anyone should think McCain is any way responsible for this.

People are afraid of muslims for good reason, and muslims are afraid of anything that exposes the truth about the violence of their religion.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I'm WAY more worried about thiefs, thugs, murderers, outside my house than getting killed in a terrorist attack. In fact I'm willing to bet I'm way more likely to get killed by a 10 year old kid with a knife lol

Thats a major difference between us. You're worried about you and I'm worried about everyone in the country and around the world who might be a victim of Islamic extremism.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Thats a major difference between us. You're worried about you and I'm worried about everyone in the country and around the world who might be a victim of Islamic extremism.

Nope no difference, I am also worried about everyone else, I'm simply saying that everyone is more likely to die in a car crash or murder etc Just stating the facts.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

So I guess in your mind and in your understanding is ok to send more DVDs like this, so people "usually the weak minded" understand who their enemies are and take actions against them.

In this case it got the desirable outcome, Children become the victims of the over zealots and self righteous.

Nothing but cowards will do something like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join