It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Children Gassed at Dayton Mosque After "Obsession" DVD Hits Ohio

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Muslim Children Gassed at Dayton Mosque After "Obsession" DVD Hits Ohio

www.dailykos.com

On Friday, September 26, the end of a week in which thousands of copies of Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West -- the fear-mongering, anti-Muslim documentary being distributed by the millions in swing states via DVDs inserted in major newspapers and through the U.S. mail -- were distributed by mail in Ohio, a "chemical irritant" was sprayed through a window of the Islamic Society of Greater Dayton, where 300 people were gathered for a Ramadan prayer service.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This DVD is being used as a scare tactic by the McCain campaign and is having the unintended consequences of violence against Arab Americans.

My opinion as an individual and thoroughly appalled human being:

John McCain has a moral obligation to publicly censure the Clarion Fund, the organization that produced Obsession and is distributing the DVDs; to denounce the inflammatory, anti-Muslim message of Obsession; and to do everything in his power to stop any further campaign activities by his supporters that have the potential to incite violence.

www.dailykos.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
From the Dayton News:

"She told me that the gas was sprayed into the room where the babies and children were being kept while their mothers prayed together their Ramadan prayers. Panicked mothers ran for their babies, crying for their children so they could flee from the gas that was burning their eyes and throats and lungs. She grabbed her youngest in her arms and grabbed the hand of her other daughter, moving with the others to exit the building and the irritating substance there.

"The paramedic said the young one was in shock, and gave her oxygen to help her breathe. The child couldn't stop sobbing.

"This didn't happen in some far away place -- but right here in Dayton, and to my friends. Many of the Iraqi refugees were praying together at the Mosque Friday evening. People that I know and love.

"I am hurt and angry. I tell her this is NOT America. She tells me this is not Heaven or Hell -- there are good and bad people everywhere.

"She tells me that her daughters slept with her last night, the little one in her arms and sobbing throughout the night. She tells me she is afraid, and will never return to the mosque, and I wonder what kind of country is this where people have to fear attending their place of worship?

"The children come into the room, and tell me they want to leave America and return to Syria, where they had fled to from Iraq. They say they like me, ... , and other American friends -- but they are too afraid and want to leave. Should a 6 and 7 year old even have to contemplate the safety of their living situation?

"Did the anti-Muslim video circulating in the area have something to do with this incident, or is that just a bizarre coincidence? Who attacks women and children?

"What am I supposed to say to them? My words can't keep them safe from what is nothing less than terrorism, American style. Isn't losing loved ones, their homes, jobs, possessions and homeland enough? Is there no place where they can be safe?

"She didn't want me to leave her tonight, but it was after midnight, and I needed to get home and write this to my friends. Tell me -- tell me -- what am I supposed to say to them?"

www.dailykos.com...

Mod edit: Changed to external quotes and the source sited.

External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
That's scary and sad, especially the part where the little girl is afraid and crying at night because of this. Whoever did this are just the same as the terrorists, no difference, they have terrorized men, women and children.

Edit: is this really true!? This is the first time I've heard of this, it's sad because if the terrorists were muslims this would be HUGE news.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
To do something like this gassing women and children makes you the same as the terrorists.
How come people cant understand that?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Edit: is this really true!? This is the first time I've heard of this, it's sad because if the terrorists were muslims this would be HUGE news.

I would also like to cynically add that if the terrorists were Muslims, this thread would already be 2 pages long and filled with anti-muslim hysteria.

On topic....this is sad indeed...more so because these people escaped war in their own country to be met with scare tactics and hostility in the US.

Off topic....Phoenix...you're up early this morning

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Some kind of irritant did get in there. Latest word, (from today's Dayton Daily News) is they are still investigating the matter.

Dayton Daily News 9/28

DAYTON — The Muslim community gathered Sunday, Sept. 28, 48 hours after an unknown irritant disrupted worship at the Islamic Society of Greater Dayton.

"We were in the midst of the Fifth Prayer when people started coughing," said Ismail Gula, the society's secretary.

Gula said the building was evacuated and the service to break the daily fast of Ramadan continued at a nearby facility.

He said he had no idea what might have caused the incident. "It might be anything," he said.

Gula said he had received many calls of support from Christians and Jews over the weekend.

When Dayton fire and emergency personnel arrived at 26 Josie St. on Friday night, they noticed an odor. HAZMAT workers checked the structure for pepper spray and other irritants, but found nothing.

Police said they were continuing their investigation.

Also on Sunday, members of several Dayton religious groups were scheduled to view and discuss a DVD about Islamic radicalism mailed to some area homes and circulated with newspapers here and around the country.

"Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West," was a paid advertising insert in the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun, Hamilton JournalNews and Middletown Journal, all owned by Cox Ohio Publishing, on Monday, Sept. 22. It appeared in more than 70 other newspapers nationwide.

The Rev. Gary Percesepe, executive director of Greater Dayton Christian Connections, characterized the DVD as "fanning the flames of fear and prejudice against Muslims, with the potential to inspire hate crimes."

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Frogs]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

well, after reading the snippet posted by Frogs, it appears it wasn't neccessarily the work of people. Might have been accidental.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

On topic....this is sad indeed...more so because these people escaped war in their own country to be met with scare tactics and hostility in the US.

Off topic....Phoenix...you're up early this morning

Hatred breeds hatred, this kind of thing scares me because if it happens more often, the breeding of hatred evolves, and we ALL don't want that.

And yeah I've been up all night studying 3D and browsing haha. I see your up early too.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by geek101

Yes that article sure has a different view to all this. Whatever happened I'm sure we can all agree that if someone did do this, that this is something that we all would hate to see become more popular.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Frogs

well, after reading the snippet posted by Frogs, it appears it wasn't neccessarily the work of people. Might have been accidental.

But in the meantime - until we're really sure - let's blame supposedly anti-muslim Americans for this "outrage".

Even if not true, it's too good to pass up for the (radical, not all) muslim apologists.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_Hatred breeds hatred, this kind of thing scares me because if it happens more often, the breeding of hatred evolves, and we ALL don't want that.

And yeah I've been up all night studying 3D and browsing haha. I see your up early too.

Exactly. If it does turn out that this was intentional, then it's a worrying thing. It's unfortunate that it's always innocents that get caught up in stuff like this.
Anyway, might turn out that it was a leak from somewhere, although it's weird that the Hazmat guys were unable to find out anything.

(my son is fasting, will be so glad when Ramadan is over)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
When I was in High School, we had Indians because the Reservation did not have their own. The one I knew at all had this saying and he would write it down and make sure everyone saw it. It was, "Custer died for your sins." We need to remind ourselves every once in a while and think about what lesson we should get from the story. Genocide is not good and we should leave it back at Custer.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Prior to World War II, as the German economy collapsed, the Nazi's singled out the Jews as the (false) cause of the German's troubles; and violence against Jewish Germans rose.

We all know how That terrible period of history turned out.

Today, as the US economy teeters on the verge of collapse, Muslims have been, and are being, villified in all of western society.

Are we so blind so as to not see the pattern?

How much longer will it be before "Krystal Nacht" is revisited in the streets of America?

Humanity, Do you not learn from your errors?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
But in the meantime - until we're really sure - let's blame supposedly anti-muslim Americans for this "outrage".

Even if not true, it's too good to pass up for the (radical, not all) muslim apologists.

I'm sorry, but your post reeks of hypocrisy. I have read dozens of "news" reports on here about Muslims, that turn out to be hype and lies, and yet i didn't see you on those threads, interjecting between the anti-Muslim rantings, crying out for the truth to be heard.

I agree that we should wait and see though.

And who are the Muslim apologists by the way?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

And who are the Muslim apologists by the way?

You haven't been here long enough to see many of my (or anyone elses) posts on anything.

However, stick around and I'm quite sure you will be able to answer your own question (without looking in the mirror).

Note: You should be able to tell I've been posting on all these threads for awhile by the way I put a radical muslims disclaimer in all my posts. The reason for that is that the apologists you seek always try to derail muslim threads by trying to turn them into a discussion of "all muslims" instead of the "radical muslims" causing all the problems world-wide.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Exactly. If it does turn out that this was intentional, then it's a worrying thing. It's unfortunate that it's always innocents that get caught up in stuff like this.
Anyway, might turn out that it was a leak from somewhere, although it's weird that the Hazmat guys were unable to find out anything.

(my son is fasting, will be so glad when Ramadan is over)

Yes it's the innocents I ALWAYS worry about.

(Haha almost over! The great feeling about fasting is when you can break fast the food is just 10 times better after fasting, and when ramadan finishes and eating any time you want, well that's just another great feeling.)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The reason for that is that the apologists you seek always try to derail muslim threads

To me it looks like your the one derailing the thread this time, sorry man.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

You haven't been here long enough to see many of my (or anyone elses) posts on anything.

However, stick around and I'm quite sure you will be able to answer your own question (without looking in the mirror).

Note: You should be able to tell I've been posting on all these threads for awhile by the way I put a radical muslims disclaimer in all my posts. The reason for that is that the apologists you seek always try to derail muslim threads by trying to turn them into a discussion of "all muslims" instead of the "radical muslims" causing all the problems world-wide.

I've been here over 3 years, long enough (trust me) to know that you are not exactly a lover of the Islamic faith.
And i am not an apologist for anyone (trust me on that one too).

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by geek101

Then you know I actually have no feelings - one way or the other - for peaceful muslims, or Jews, or Christians, etc. I personally don't give a ratz a$$ for any kind of organized religion. Don't believe anyone needs a "go-between" between a person and their God.

But if any religion is organized, and they decide to use that organization for killing innocents, then you are correct, I am wholeheartedly against them. And that seems to perfectly describe what radical (not all) muslims are doing around the world.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by centurion1211]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join