It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Children Gassed at Dayton Mosque After "Obsession" DVD Hits Ohio

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I got this Dvd in the mail where I currently lived in Virginia, I broke it into pieces and threw it into my garbage. (The Following may be long winded and inspirational); I'm an American and I spent some of my very young years in the middle east. I once as a school field trip was assigned with the rest of my class to go on a treasure hunt through a souk(arab market) to find landmarks various items for sale etc. one item was a calligraphic depiction on the 99 names of God. I went with my friends to by this item. I was with a friend of mine who spoke arabic so it was kind of a leg up because I essentially cruised through the task courtesy of the fact that for my friend this was all standard. When we asked for the 99 names I"m sure the person selling the lists new I wasn"t a practitioner of Islam specifically because I was white and wearing American Clothes. However, when my friend explained to him what I was asking for the look on this persons face who was about my age at the time 13-16 was a look I'll never forget. He looked at me with this look of peace and brotherly love on his face. I realized right then that the superficial differences between us only existed in the by and by world of daily frivolities, but that underneath I could see the deep serenity and beauty that his faith and his appreciation of my apparent interest in faith brought forward in him. Anyone who claims Islam is a violent faith is an abhorrent human being and is nothing short of a devil incarnate. I have known few people as pious as some of my Islamic friends.

May we all find peace
D

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Anyone who claims Islam is a violent faith is an abhorrent human being and is nothing short of a devil incarnate.

Islam itself is not. But there are those that in the name of Islam practice violence. It is that, which has ignited the world stage and mobilized a giant.

The Brotherhood of right must band together be you Jew, Muslim, Christian or otherwise. This is not a war of faiths, but a war of right versus wrong.

May Peace reign.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi "D"

I hate to break down your heart-warming story, but lets have a look at it a second.

When we asked for the 99 names I"m sure the person selling the lists new I wasn"t a practitioner of Islam specifically because I was white and wearing American Clothes.

So you were asking about his religion, basically. Something he is singularly obsessed with, as is the entire Middle East.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATSHe looked at me with this look of peace and brotherly love on his face.

He thought he was gaining a convert. All religions, but Islam in particular, are focused on proselytizing. It's about the human need for community.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATSI realized right then that the superficial differences between us only existed in the by and by world of daily frivolities

Yes, that is exactly what religion is.

And I doubt his personal revelation on the subject was anything like yours. If he was a market trader, it was probably "how can I get this chump to buy something?". No offense meant, but that's what they're thinking the world over.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATSbut that underneath I could see the deep serenity and beauty that his faith and his appreciation of my apparent interest in faith brought forward in him.

I suspect this story would have had a radically different ending had to been trying to explain to him the finer points of idolatry.

People will talk about their own interests until the proverbial cows come home. If you'd been trying to have a chat about, say, Hinduism, he'd have been far less forthcoming.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATSAnyone who claims Islam is a violent faith is an abhorrent human being and is nothing short of a devil incarnate. I have known few people as pious as some of my Islamic friends.

Piety does not equal morality, especially when the single canon text of your entire religion endorses genocide, sexual discrimination and slavery. I'm sure the Crusades are a good counter-example against the wildly-pious medieval Christians, who somehow thought you could fight for Jesus.

To call me an abhorrent human being because I can objectively look at something and come to a logical conclusion is so wildly offensive to me, it's hard to know where to start explaining why this is so wrong.

With that statement you've actually said "there are some things above criticism", whereas nothing is above criticism because everything is made by the hand of man, and is therefore subject to the same intrinsic imperfection as anything else man has done.

The Quran, and therefore Islam, is clearly the development of Muhammad's personal quest for power - in the early, less powerful days he's quite restrained, but as his power and influence grows, so the suggested levels of violence increase, and the edicts from "God" come thick and fast and at a very personal level, surreally applicable to the most minor of events happening in his life at the time.

War is a common motif throughout the Quran and is possibly the strongest political motivator going. It has many supporting verses in the Quran.

This is not entirely surprising when you think about the morality of 7th century Arabia - an area of the world so useless that nobody else has ever had the desire to conquer it. The Ancient Persian empires, Alexander, the Romans leading into the Byzantines, the Sassanids, nobody has bothered annexing Arabia because there was nothing in it (there is now, of course, because we have a use for oil).

This means the entire peninsular was not unified and stagnating under the weight of inter-tribal feuding while the world progressed past them at quite an alarming rate - the Dark Ages not being quiet as dark as everyone makes out.

Muhammad could see the need for unity amongst the Arabian peoples, and quite brilliantly managed to persuade everyone that, not only was he not a babbling madman, he was actually chosen by God to do his holy mission of uniting the pagans Arabians under the Christian and Jewish teachings he had learned from neighbouring Jewish tribes.

Unfortunately, unity can only be brought via conquest or invasion, and since noone was ever going to invade Arabia, it was up to Muhammad to drive them out of the peninsular via conquest.

This means that Muhammad had obviously had to express peace in times of overwhelming adversity (such as the battle in which Khalid ibn al-Walid defeated him) and fire the zeal of his followers lest they desert him in fear of destruction.

Ergo, he had to use some pretty racy language. It's all about God's divine mission to get the infidel idol-worshippers slain, and how they must conquer or die, etc.

Islam was a religion born for war, by a man forced from his tribe because of his radical beliefs, and then his determination to return and conquer them. He smartly banned alcohol (I would not want drunk troops either - see the Battle of Karasabe for a good example of why not) and enforced various reforms, like Moses, to ensure the survival and breeding of a healthy population of warriors.

If I were a Dark Ages warlord, I would have done it in exactly the same way, because his way was the smart way.

Now, what were you ignorantly saying about me being an "abhorrent human being", and the "Devil incarnate"?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

'Obsession' was not an anti-Muslim scenario. It was intended to convey what is the alleged underplaying by the U.S. Govt. of the magnitude of psychotic distemper of so-called 'Muslims' Of the billion or-so Muslims, a Muslm in the DVD, alleged %15 percent of that number are extremist.
It's terrible indeed that religious extremists in this country are reflecting extremist ignorance.
The fact that posts in this website believe the documentary is anti-muslim, reenforces my feeling that an ameliorative education is needed.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

Originally posted by centurion1211
But in the meantime - until we're really sure - let's blame supposedly anti-muslim Americans for this "outrage".

Even if not true, it's too good to pass up for the (radical, not all) muslim apologists.

I'm sorry, but your post reeks of hypocrisy. I have read dozens of "news" reports on here about Muslims, that turn out to be hype and lies, and yet i didn't see you on those threads, interjecting between the anti-Muslim rantings, crying out for the truth to be heard.

I agree that we should wait and see though.

And who are the Muslim apologists by the way?

You are so right. This story reeks of propaganda. But suppose it is true. Let's put it in perspective. Compare this with the stories of persecution of Christians and Jews in Saudi Arabia.

Why are there no stories of Christians being persecuted in their churches in Saudi Arabia? Why are there no stories of Jews being persecuted in their synagogues in Saudi Arabia? It is because their are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia! They are not allowed.

Muslims who become Christians are killed in Saudi Arabia.

There is no fair and balanced reporting in the Daily Kos.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
omg! I knew something like this would happen!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't know about the other complaints you have about this incident, but as far as your statement “who attacks women and children," Muslims do in the name of their twisted God every day! Maybe you should take a closer look at these people you so valiantly defend.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Anyone who claims Islam is a violent faith is an abhorrent human being and is nothing short of a devil incarnate.

Devil incarnate ?? Abhorrent human being ?? Absolutely nothing excessive about that response

So you deny that the Quran contains lots of "kill the infidel" and "holy war" references, huh.

There are no less than 521 violent or cruel entries in that vile, and hateful document, here are just a few with annotated references, the first is my personal favorite:

Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. 2:191-2

War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. 2:216

Jews are the greediest of all humankind. They'd like to live 1000 years. But they are going to hell. 2:96

Don't bother to warn the disbelievers. Allah has blinded them. Theirs will be an awful doom. 2:6

Allah has sickened their hearts. A painful doom is theirs because they lie. 2:10

A fire has been prepared for the disbelievers, whose fuel is men and stones. 2:24

Disbelievers will be burned with fire. 2:39, 90

Allah brags about drowning the Egyptian army. 2:50

For disbelievers is a painful doom. 2:104

For unbelievers: ignominy in this world, an awful doom in the next. 2:114

"And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of hell-fire." (They are the non-muslims.) 2:119

Allah will leave the disbelievers alone for a while, but then he will compel them to the doom of Fire. 2:126

Allah is severe punishment! 2:165-6

They will not emerge from the Fire. 2:167

Those who hide the Scripture will have their bellies eaten with fire. Theirs will be a painful doom. 2:174

How constant are they in their strife to reach the Fire! 2:175

"Fight in the way of Allah." 2:190, 2:244

Believers must retaliate. Those who transgress will have a painful doom. 2:178

Those who die in their disbelief will burn forever in the Fire. 2:217

Those who marry unbelievers will burn in the Fire. 2:221

Disbelievers worship false gods. The will burn forever in the Fire. 2:257

Those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, theirs will be a heavy doom. 3:4

Those who disbelieve will be fuel for the Fire. 3:10

Those who disbelieve shall be overcome and gathered unto Hell. 3:12

"Guard us from the punishment of Fire." 3:16

Non-muslims will be punished by Allah for their nonbelief. 3:19

Those who disbelieve, promise them a painful doom. 3:21

"They [Christians and Jews] say: The Fire will not touch us save for a certain number of days. That which they used to invent hath deceived them regarding their religion." (The Fire will burn them forever.) 3:24

Theirs will be a painful doom. 3:77

Apostates will be cursed by Allah, angels, and men. They will have a painful doom. 3:86-88

Disbelievers will have a painful doom. And they will have no helpers. 3:91

Disbelievers will have their faces blackened on the last day. They will face an awful doom. 3:105-6

Those who disbelieve will be burnt in the Fire. 3:116

The Fire is prepared for disbelievers. 3:131

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join